• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bomberman - Beta 0.2 released (Looking for Article and Item help))

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
projectBOMBERMAN

Most recent progress - Specials Made and Smashes Fixed

It needed to be done.​

Okay well I'm sure this has been tried many times before but it still hasn't been done.
So after requesting an amazing vertex from my good pal Starwaffle and learning a decent amount from my time in Project Klonoa I've decided that this needed to be done.

though I already have a few people in mind for our team we are still definitely open to new recruits. (Meaning we REALLY need help)

.:To-Do
Make new animations for various attacks-
Make it so that bombs will work as projectiles or just... Bombs... But not quite the same as the item-
Pollish off the PSA-

The Team:.
Frostymm - I'm doing just about everything I can! Animations, PSA, graphics, anything I can possibly do.
StarWaffle -He made the amazing bomberman Vertex over Olimar
Eternal Yoshi - Did an amazing job on editing how the Pikmin work and will probably be assisting with most of the hard PSA work.

I'll add the rest of our teams members as they do stuff.

Since the vertex was made to go over Olimar and I thought maybe we could use some of the data from the Pikmin to help with the bombs actions, Bomberman will be replacing Olimar.
Note: Olimar is awesome, I'm not replacing him for any other reason then for the pikmin and the vertex. Anyone who disses him will get da spooboot >=3 Or at least ignored...

Moveset: (Animation status)

Specials

Up-Special (FINISHED) - Bomberman places a bomb below him and uses its explosion to propel himself upward (As seen in SSBC)

Neutral-special - Bomberman kicks a bomb forward

Side-Special - I'm debating whether he'll throw a bomb in an arc or set 6 bombs in a row in front of him

Down-special - Set a remote bomb kind of like snakes

Smashes

Down-Smash - Bomberman smashes a bomb against the ground making an explosion

Over-Smash (Finished) - Bomberman spins forward with his elbow out and then stops and explodes a bomb in front of him (Similar to wolfs but slower, with most power only at the end and moves him farther.)

Up-Smash (Finished) - Throws a bomb upward (Similar to snakes except less gay =D)

Aerials

Forward air (Finished) - sprawls out and thrusts a bomb in front of himself, pushing him back slightly.

Back air (FINISHED) - Kicks bomb backward, explodes at end of kick, boosts forward.

Neutral air (Finished) - Bomberman does a summersault in the air doing a grind attack and at the end he throws out a bunch of mini bombs all around for a small series of explosions. (It'll have a really small hitbox on both parts of the attack.)

Down air (Finished) - Bomberman quickly thrusts a bomb below him causing for a single frame spike with significant lag afterward. Also suspends him in mid-air like ivysaurs.

Tilts

Down tilt (FINISHED) - Bomberman makes a controlled bomb explosion on the ground in front of him. Similiar to Samus'

Over tilt (FINISHED) - Bomberman swings two mini bombs in front of him in a 1-2 combo making them explode in his hands as they reach out to their farthest.

Up tilt (Finished) - Bomberman explodes a bomb just above him and slightly forward.

Other

Dash attack (FINISHED) - Bomberman slides forward while laying a bomb down (bomberman has small hitbox that hits toward bomb while bomb explodes)

AA combo (FINISHED) - Punch, Punch, grab, fist explosion

Taunt 1 (Finished) - Fist pump!

Win1 (Finished) - Strikes a cool pose with bomb in hand, thrusts forward

Glitches

- If Bomberman uses his up-special right after falling of a ledge, he'll grab onto it but the bomb will stay attached as his hand.

- (INTERESTING) If Bomberman spawns a bomb in the air and keeps himself from touching the ground, the bomb will actually run forward until bomberman lands which it will then stop and explode. (Could actually be used for something if we can find out why it does that.)

Download

Download Bomberman beta 0.2

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You have your work cut out for you.

I would have the Pikmin death actions become an explosion.

I would recommend modding the Pikmin's behavior so that they die when they latch on to something.

Also, there is a floating point that controls how long they last when they desynch from Oli.
Don't know which one though.

This way, the Pikmin could become his bombs and have differing properties.
:)

Slashy

Smash Lord
Bomberman was in Dream Mix TV: World Fighters (alongside Snake) you could play that and get a possible moveset from there.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Dream MIx TV was a lot like smash bros, so it feels pretty official.

Here are some things I remember about that moveset.

His down air is a stall then fall that goes directly downward and produces an explosion

His "get-up" animation produces an explosion

His forward smash is a tackle with the same range as Wario's forward smash.

His special produces bombs which just drop on the ground, you can pick them up like throwing items.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay I'll definitely have to take all of that into consideration, kind of like the forward smash idea and the getting up attack. Eternal Yoshi, sounds awesome, you got a skype or msn that we could talk on? Along with discussing possible options with bomberman I'm hoping to learn a bit of PSA from you as well ^^'

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'll add you and try to get on AIM a bit more. Though it'd be convenient if you could get skype sometime in the near future. It's pretty nifty.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
The move of SSBC is perfect.

Just, why you don't take the model of Ike Lawliet over Toon Link?
I plan on using several moves from the SSBC bomberman but definitely not all of them. What's an Ike Lawliet? If that's a bomberman vertex over Toon Link then the reason I'm not using it is because most (All) of the other bomberman vertex's besides this one look awful. They look like bomberman sure and you can tell that but they don't look like they're from a bomberman game... More like some fan project. This one looks a lot more accurate and bubbly like bomberman should be.

In other news: I just finished the Up-special air animation. It looks fairly decent but it'll need tweaks once we figure out how we're going to work it in PSA.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I plan on using several moves from the SSBC bomberman but definitely not all of them. What's an Ike Lawliet? If that's a bomberman vertex over Toon Link then the reason I'm not using it is because most (All) of the other bomberman vertex's besides this one look awful. They look like bomberman sure and you can tell that but they don't look like they're from a bomberman game... More like some fan project. This one looks a lot more accurate and bubbly like bomberman should be.

In other news: I just finished the Up-special air animation. It looks fairly decent but it'll need tweaks once we figure out how we're going to work it in PSA.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17372

This is the one he was talking about. I personally think Starwaffle's looks better. Despite the proportions being a bit odd and it not having those cool facial expressions, it generally looks nicer.

As for moves, do you think it would be possible to incorporate his different types of bombs from games like Bomberman 64: The Second Attack? Each Pikmin could be a different kind of bomb for example. Here's a video showing all the bombs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZxcLUWiT7o

I don't think the whole "big and small bomb" thing is necessary (since changing the Pikmin to function as bombs by itself would be pretty difficult), but here are my suggestions:

Red Pikmin could be replaced by regular/Fire bomb. A standard bomb that explodes for decent damage and knockback.

Blue Pikmin could either be replaced by Ice bomb or Gooey bomb. Ice bomb does less damage and far less knockback than the Fire bomb, but can freeze opponents whilst Gooey bomb has bouncy properties and can cause minimal damage when it bounces.

Yellow Pikmin could either be replaced by Thunder bomb or Light bomb. Thunder bomb could deal multiple hits of electricity when it explodes whilst the Light bomb could deal minimal damage but make the foe go dizzy for a bit (like how they go dizzy from a Deku nut)

White Pikmin could be replaced by Shadow bomb. This one does no/very little damage, but is able to suck in opponents and push them in random directions.

Purple Pikmin could be replaced by Spike bomb. This one doesn't explode on impact like the others, but instead explodes after a certain amount of time and causes quite decent knockback on foes when it's thrown and it hits them. The explosion could also be different.

I'm just throwing stuff out here. In fact, reading this I wouldn't be surprised if it was really hard/impossible to do XD

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Putting Bomberman over Toon Link purely for the bombs isn't necessary because as far as I know any character can use them, since they're an item. In my opinion, the Bomberman on Toon Link isn't that great because of the problem with the pelvis due to Toon Link's pelvis being really messed-up. The newest one on Olimar looks great.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Thanks SiLeNtDo0m, I never got to play second attack so knowing about the other bombs he can use will probably help if we decide to do that. No, the bombs are specific to only generating when Link or Toon Link are in the match which kind of sucks but there may be a way to port them over to Olimar though I'm hoping to get custom bombs working instead.

Okay now that I've finally gotten a new SD card reader and can actually work on this (That was the reason for my not doing anything for the past few days.) I managed to make the SpecialAirHi animation I made earlier actually work and look right in-game though the hitboxes on it currently aren't =.= Which is probably due to most of Olimars bones not being able to carry hitboxes or something because of them coming from the Pikmin and not Olimar himself. That might take a bit but I managed to make it look pretty awesome. Currently Bomberman takes a bomb, puts it below him, and then bursts off of it spinning upward as it explodes. The recovery puts him about 1.5x higher than Mario's but puts him straight up, is a bit slower, and has no hitboxes after the explosion (Or at least won't). It looks amazing, after I've gotten a bit more done I'll make a video for it.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Plowing through several key animations, Bomberman is now officially not just Olimar with Mario animations =D. And thanks to Eternal Yoshi, the Pikmin are now different elemental bombs as well. I'm having difficulty getting them to spawn correctly but we'll figure it out eventually (Probably when I can get in touch with EY and his lens is fixed).

The OP is updated and I'll try to get through several more within the next few days.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Wow that's great to hear so far! Glad that you are making good progress ;) I can't wait to use this once it's done.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Wow that's great to hear so far! Glad that you are making good progress ;) I can't wait to use this once it's done.
Lol care to be credited as one of the people who helped make it? I'm handling the animations pretty well but I'm fairly limited as far as PSA and graphics.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Update on the OP

- Finished 5 new animations today alone
- Recorded some gameplay with Bomberman so everyone can actually see the progress themselves. (I'll upload it as soon as I get home)

Hopefully that'll get more people interested =.= I figured there'd be a bit more buzz about a classic character being added to brawl.

Either way there are still a few issues:
- The smashes won't retain hitboxes
- I don't know how to call for the pikmin animations in PSA (Otherwise we'd have the neutral special done as well)
- Don't know how to make it so that bomberman grabs people without Pikmin.
- And finally, the Pikmin teleport to him or sometimes just fling after him on their own when he attacks or just out of nowhere. bombs chasing after bomberman = Bomber death

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Umm I demand that I make at least 1 animation =|
Lol don't worry, even if I finish all of them before you can you're more than welcome to make new ones. I'll send you the files next time we're both on skype.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I love bomberman and have been waiting for someone to make a good Psa for him.

I 100% support this project and while I no nothing about how to do this I will help in anyway I can. I'm willing to learn Psa if it helps this project along and someone has the time to teach me.

Keep up the good work!

:phone:

Alses

Smash Apprentice
This thread has almost no replies even though its so epic o.0! THIS IS MADNESS! *waits for bomberman to be finished and released... or at least beta'd* ;3

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
As soon as I get the smashes and Throws working I will =.= Is not working well at all....

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE
- Starwaffle made tweaks to the model to make it looked better stretched out
- We plan to transfer over all the data to the Brawl- version of Olimar for various reasons:
- It will give him wall jumps
- It will allow grabs without Pikmin
- I don't know how to give Bomberman these things myself

Expect a beta release as soon as we at least finish all the attacks. Then we'll probably worry about sounds, tweaks, balance, and maybe a few revamps on certain moves. For now I'm just focusing on getting him completed for the most part.

As for the estimate: I'd say sometime next month (June) if not just a bit sooner or later.

Whether we finish everything in time or not, I'll probably just release the beta next month anyway just to see what you guys think.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Frostymm, olimar has walljumps in brawl minus because it uses the Universal Walljump code by dantarion.

However, if you only want olimar to walljump, use this:

Olimar has walljump [Standardtoaster]
04B0B7DC 00000001

mariodk

Smash Ace
will it not be easyer to make the walljump in PSA instead get ppl to use a code(thats for sure not working on all Brawl version like PAL)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It's not easier only because frosty doesn't know how to do it. With the code he doesn't need to know how you only have to add an extra code to your gct file.
Unfortunately like you said this isolates other regions. Maybe you can request a pal version of the code in the request thread.
In the meantime I'll see if I can find something that details how to add wall jumps directly to the psa

:phone:

mariodk

Smash Ace
i think i know how to make walljump but i have never tested it myself
and for specials what kind of specials do you needing i have mad afew good specials attacks

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the code Standard but if it needs a code I probably just wouldn't bother with it at all. Thanks for letting me know that converting everything over to the brawl- stuff is a waste of time.

Thanks guys for the help if you can find out how that walljump works. Otherwise I'm sure it'll be fine. As far as specials though, I need to make the neutral special to spawn a bomb and kick it forward. Or in modding words spawn a pikmin and then trigger a run forward animation and then possibly make it so that it dies when it touches the enemy (Dying = Exploding).
I also want the down special to drop a pumped bomb that'll explode after a certain amount of time or possibly after clicking the button again or touch or something.... Just in general I want to be able to put it there and make it do SOMETHING... T.T

As for release, yep sometime this month. I want to at least change all of the attacks and make it look like a decent amount of progress has been made. So currently.... I'm just looking to make it NOT Olimar.

mariodk

Smash Ace
if the bomb was a GFX i think i can do something like that :D on N-B

(did something like that on Vegeta´s FS ground: Big bang attack then it hit it make dmg and explode and stop the animation)

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Well we have to use the Pikmin so that the attack can count as a projectile. Meaning that even bomberman moves while the bomb is in motion, it won't effect the bomb at all. (Doing this with just External graphics cancels the animation and the bomb disappears.) this is why I need to figure out the Pikmin

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I did.

Over here.

Edit I don't know where the hell to put this so it's going here.

I learned a better way to put in wall jumps.

First you need to put this in subaction JumpF
Code:
If:Facing Left
                 If Value Touch Wall:2
                                Reverse Direction
                 End If
Else:
                If: Facing Right
                                If Value Touch Wall :4
                                                Reverse Direction
                                End If
                End If
End If
Change Action: action=E, requirement=compare: IC-Basic[1011]>= IC-Basic[3149]
Additional Change Action Requirement: Facing Left
Additional Change Action Requirement Value: Touch Wall: 2
Change Action: action=67, requirement=compare: IC-Basic[1011]>= IC-Basic[3149]
Additional Change Action Requirement:Facing Left
Additional Change Action Requirement Value: Touch Wall: 4
Change Action: action=E, requirement=compare: IC-Basic[1011]>= IC-Basic[3149]
Additional Change Action Requirement:Facing Right
Additional Change Action Requirement Value: Touch Wall: 4
Change Action: action=67, requirement=compare: IC-Basic[1011]>= IC-Basic[3149]
Additional Change Action Requirement:Facing Right
Additional Change Action Requirement Value: Touch Wall: 2
Now remember the offset of the subaction and make a go to command in the following subactions:

JumpF
JumpB
JumpAerialF(For Multi Jumpers, be sure to include JumpAerialF2,F3, etc.)
JumpAerialB
Fall
FallF
FallB
FallAerial
FallAeriaF
FallAerialB
PassiveWallJump

The last one is important for smooth wall jumping.

Don't worry about abuse, the vertical velocity automatically decreases a bit when used consecutively like a normal wall jump would.

This allows for scar jumping and a more natural feeling wall jump, akin somewhat to Melee.

I put this on Gray Fox and it's working.

Thanks goes to KingJigglypuff for the coding in Char which gave me much of the code and the inspiration to change it for better wall jumping.

To clarify: the old method required a spare action.
Maybe they didn't know the correct action for the wall jump.
This method does not.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
You sir are a beast, I will adding this and then start on fixing those grabs and then see what I can do about everything else.

EDIT: Unfortunately my version of SA doesn't have all of those requirements listed =.= Is there any way someone could send/link me a more up to date Requirements.txt that'd be much appreciated. (I can't seem to find anything on my own)

0C maybe?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You sir are a beast, I will adding this and then start on fixing those grabs and then see what I can do about everything else.

EDIT: Unfortunately my version of SA doesn't have all of those requirements listed =.= Is there any way someone could send/link me a more up to date Requirements.txt that'd be much appreciated. (I can't seem to find anything on my own)

0C maybe?
Wiki2PSA is your best friend.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Wiki2PSA

Top Bottom