• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fresh Brawl save file for Riivolution save redirection

libertyernie

Smash Ace

You might want to have a separate save file for your hacked Brawl (for instance, so you can change which music plays with the music swap code without changing what music plays in normal Brawl; or if you're playing on someone else's Wii and want everything unlocked so you can use your stage/character hacks.) Riivolution can do this for you. (It can be launched from Stack Smash; the first time you run it, you'll need System Menu 4.2+ or a network connection.)
But what if you want a fresh save file instead of copying one from your Wii, with your Wi-Fi friend code and Brawl records in it? You can make a new save file, but I've saved you the time it takes to unlock all the characters/stages and most of the music.
Download save .zip here
Add a line to your Riivolution XML like this:
Code:
<savegame external="/brawlmods/projectm/savefile" clone="false" />
Then you would extract this .zip file's "savefile" folder to the correct location (in this case, /brawlmods/projectm.)

Music that you get from challenges is NOT unlocked. (The "have all challenge data" code doesn't actually unlock the music, it just makes it say that you did in the challenge screen.)

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, if we download this savefile, would we be able to get the music unlocked through challenges even though this file already comes with all of the challenge data?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I love that save redirect so much. I have my XML set up such that I have a save for all the mods. So I can have single player records for each one.

Top Bottom