• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lone Star Circuit (Updated on 10/9/2011)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Alright guys... After a lot of organization and planning, it is my honor to present to you the first ever Brawl Texas Tournament Circuit!

This is going to be a 7 event circuit hosted throughout 6 different cities all over Texas. It is going to be carefully run by a number of different TO's, including our very own Xyro. We're going to have a huge increase in attendance, higher payouts, and a LOT of hype. We will end it off with a HUGE Championship Event with a large bonus pots and very extended payouts!

Circuit Schedule

May 7th - Austin House of Mouse 2
June 18th - Houston HOBO 32
July 9th - Mc Allen Nexus
August 13th - San Antonio NikeFest 4
September 10th - Houston HOBO 33
October 8th - Dallas Revolution
November 12th - Austin Championships

*Schedule is subject to change.

Circuit Points

Points will be awarded to all those who place well at events. Starting with the second event, this will determine seeding throughout the rest of the circuit. This is important for a couple of reasons:

Those who do not have circuit points may be seeded randomly having a very heavy hitter first round.
Those who accumulate high numbers of circuit points throughout these events may find themselves in a good position during the championship event.

49 players or less:

1st - 45 points
2nd - 35 points
3rd - 25 points
4th - 20 points
5th - 15 points
7th - 10 points
9th - 07 points
13th - 05 points

50 players or more:

1st - 95 points
2nd - 70 points
3rd - 50 points
4th - 35 points
5th - 25 points
7th - 20 points
9th - 15 points
13th - 10 points
17th - 07 points
25th - 04 points
33rd - 01 points

Circuit Tournament Rules

These events will go by the standards of the Unity Ruleset created by the BBR-RC.
For all information pertaining to the Unity Ruleset go to:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Circuit Payouts

Payouts will be extended throughout every event. It will be based on a two-tier scale.

For 49 players or less:
1st=48%
2nd=22%
3rd=14%
4th=8%
5th=4%
5th=4%

For 50 players or more:
1st=44%
2nd=22%
3rd=16%
4th=10%
5th=6%
5th=6%
7th=3%
7th=3%

The final event will likely see payouts extend even further! So keep your eyes peeled.

Circuit Lockdown

Lockdown:

The priority of circuit events over all other tournaments. Out of city traveling to all tournaments not a circuit event is discouraged. What this means is that there will be no Hobos, Phases, Nikefests, etc. during this time.

This does a couple of things.

-Encourages people to attend all circuit events from the desire to play/compete.
-Saves extra money that would be used for the attendance of other tournaments. This in turn helps give everybody the resources to attend.

We still encourage all local tournaments, smashfests, etc. to be held in your own cities at any point not during the circuit. This allows you to practice, train, and stay focused during the periods between each event.

Current Standings

1: UltimateRazer==195 points

2: Gnes==185 points

3: Trela==172 points

4: Denti==75 points

5: Illmatic==57 points

6or7: Dojo==45 points

6or7: Infinity==45 points

8: Jerm==42 points

9: Sync==39 points

9: K Prime==39 points

10: Pj==35 points

11: Dphat==27 points

12: Shlike==25 points

12: Espy==25 points

12:Vinnie==25 points

12: Poltergust==25 points

13: Bassem=20 points

14: MegaFox==19 points

15: Zori==17 points

15: Leaf==17 points

16: Jrugs==15 points

16: ALSM==15 points

17: Slush==14 points

17: Pwii==14 points

18: Tesh==12 points

19: Magik==10 points

19: Nacho==10 points

19: Paw==10 points

20: Typex==7 points

20: Slaps==7 points

20: Yosh==7 points

20: Derk==7 points

20: Reigun==7 points

20: Jnig==7 points

20: RedShadow==7 points

21: P4==5 points

21: Panty Raider==5 points

21: Esca==5 points

21: JTD==5 points

21: Atemz==5 points

21: Andilex==5 points

21: Zero==5 points

21: Santi==5 points

21: Skypirate==5 points

21: Nike==5 points

21: Dakpo==5 points

21: Chic==5 points

The FINAL Circuit event will take place in Austin, Texas on November 12th! A separate thread will be made for all things pertaining to that specific event. Clear your schedules because you're not going to want to miss it.

BioDG

Smash Ace
If the dates from the schedule are right, you have a typo in your last statement. It should be May 7th, not March 7th, right?

Sounds awesome. I probably couldn't make it to most of these circuit events, though. :[

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Questions:

1 - Which events at these tournaments will reward circuit points? Singles only or both singles and teams? I'm assuming side events (i.e low tier) won't count.

2 - Will circuit events count more towards the PR than local tournaments? Like will circuit events have a higher K Value than locals?

3 - Why does it say Fort Worth on the logo and Dallas in the city listings? :p

4 - Why are you so damn sexy?

Dojo

Smash Champion
1. Strictly singles.

2. That hasn't been discussed. Good question though. Ill get a discussion going on this.

3. Later events aren't set in stone. That event will be in the DFW area. Details will come as we get closer to that event.

4. Its what I do. ;)

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm assuming that some money from earlier events will be taken and added for the finals. Any idea on what %? Something inbetween 10 and 20%?

Damn ONLY singles? Eh. As long as you still have Doubles events at the tournaments, even if they don't count for circuit, I'll be happy.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
1. Only singles will reward points.

2. Hmm, haven't talked to Zac about that yet. I imagine it would be the same as any other tourney of its size and money, but it might increase attendance if it did :D haha

3. Logo will be updated, but good catch x)

Damn ninjas!

There will still be doubles at every event, they just won't have the same point/seeding system.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Good. Cause that's the only draw for me to go lol.

Also someone lend me a controller. Some ****** stole it at Whobo.

Dojo

Smash Champion
A 3 dollar circuit fee will be added to each event to cover bonus pots.

3 x 6 events x 40 player average = 720 in bonus alone. If we get what we're expecting its going to be huge.

The possibility for doubles being included for circuit points is still possible. We are still discussing. For right now assume they don't.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you do doubles, just make the circuit fee $5 total (3 for singles, 2 for doubles) and you have a winner. Dphat and I are pulling for Doubles Circuit... MAKE IT HAPPEN GRAND MASTER.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
A 3 dollar circuit fee will be added to each event to cover bonus pots.

3 x 6 events x 40 player average = 720 in bonus alone. If we get what we're expecting its going to be huge.

The possibility for doubles being included for circuit points is still possible. We are still discussing. For right now assume they don't.

I think that doubles should count. The easy way to do it would be for each person on a team to earn half of that team's points and then add that total to their individual standing.

i.e if Razer wins singles at a tournament and gets 10 points, then wins doubles teaming with Gnes and the team earns 10 points, then Razer would get a total of 15 points from the tournament.

No harm, no foul that way. This would reward people who normally do well in doubles but may not constantly be singles bracket superstars (Zac, PX, DMG come to mind) while still making the singles bracket the focus of the tournament.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd just have doubles count separately than singles. I wouldn't want to take 2nd place in doubles every week while having a 3-4 record against Trela/etc, and somehow ending up getting a higher circuit placing than him because of teams even if he completely earned it due to singles.

Or let's say Dphat and I get lucky and win every double event. I may always get 5th/whatever in singles, but with doubles counted I might find myself bumped over Trela/Jerm/whoever.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The first tournament thread will be posted later today.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't sweat it Tallman. I'm only entering two myself (not counting the championship).
Three tops.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So wait, are doubles not counting because we still want to do the "handicapped" or whatever teams... where a super power ranked player teams with a lesser-recognized player?"

Reizilla

I'm probably going to all of them except for one, lol
I wonder which one... :glare:

Side events will still be side events (random/handicapped teams, waseda doubles, etc.) If we do end up awarding points for doubles, it will be either individually (razer/gnes each earn 1000 for winning) or awarding as a static team (team razer/gnes have 1000 points). Either way it will be completely separate from singles for reasons DMG stated.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I wonder which one... :glare:

Side events will still be side events (random/handicapped teams, waseda doubles, etc.) If we do end up awarding points for doubles, it will be either individually (razer/gnes each earn 1000 for winning) or awarding as a static team (team razer/gnes have 1000 points). Either way it will be completely separate from singles for reasons DMG stated.
Don't get all butt hurt and jump to conclusions dude, lol. It depends on what part of the month your tournament is; I've got a wedding to go to early in the month, plus my birthday is in September too.

It's not the distance, yo. I just might have other obligations.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I'd just have doubles count separately than singles. I wouldn't want to take 2nd place in doubles every week while having a 3-4 record against Trela/etc, and somehow ending up getting a higher circuit placing than him because of teams even if he completely earned it due to singles.

Or let's say Dphat and I get lucky and win every double event. I may always get 5th/whatever in singles, but with doubles counted I might find myself bumped over Trela/Jerm/whoever.
Yeah if we do indeed add one, and we may figure out something since there is so much interest, it will be completely separate from the singles points.

So wait, are doubles not counting because we still want to do the "handicapped" or whatever teams... where a super power ranked player teams with a lesser-recognized player?"
That's just a side event. It will probably be hosted at some point but it will NOT replace standard doubles.

I'll be beating gness, razer, trela, mr dojo, annd peefor during this circuit. =]
No no.

A reason to start playing again ;o
Awesome. :)

DMT 7 will be 2 weekends after the Austin tournament. That is ok right?
That's fine. Like I said locals are fine at any point as long as they aren't interfering with the circuit events. We want the circuit to take priority.

Reizilla

Don't get all butt hurt and jump to conclusions dude, lol. It depends on what part of the month your tournament is; I've got a wedding to go to early in the month, plus my birthday is in September too.

It's not the distance, yo. I just might have other obligations.
I'm just messing around, man x) I'm gonna have to miss at least one of these myself :/ October is a ridiculously busy month for me.

Alejandro, that's fine. Locals are still okay, we're just trying to cut down on people traveling out of town every week.

Gnes

Smash Master
If he plays me in tourney, toon link isn't even a selectable chr. Just a black space :(

Hyped for this
Time to get back on that wifi king status

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I can confirm that the JUNE circuit event will be on the 18th in Houston. Dojo, update OP when u got das time.

Trela

Smash Lord
I feel so much excitement that I don't even know what to say.

But I do know one thing for sure, though: I'm going to win it all!

Top Bottom