• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lone Star Circuit #1: House of Mouse 2!!--READ FIRST POST FOR PARKING INFO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

EVENT #1
HOUSE OF MOUSE 2​

VENUE SPECIFICS:
Welch, located on UT's campus. Exact rooms to come, but we've got 2 rooms booked, both of which can hold up to TWELVE setups apiece.

Welch is on 24th and Speedway. For a map of where Welch is located compared to UT, click here. For you GPS people--myself included!--use this address:

2300 Inner Campus Drive
Austin, Texas

Parking is FREE on the streets on weekends. I will post the best places to park around campus ASAP.

FEES:
Circuit fee--$5
Singles--$10
Doubles--$10 per person
Waseda-style doubles--$5 per person

IF YOU BRING A FULL SET-UP, YOUR CIRCUIT FEE IS WAIVED.

WHAT'S WASEDA-STYLE DOUBLES?
Glad you asked! Originating in Hawaii and tweaked slightly by myself, AlpacaMan, and DPhat, Waseda-style doubles is essentially randomly paired teams with locked characters. Everyone writes down their name and the character they will be using throughout the event--no counterpicking allowed! Once all the names are gathered, two TOs pull at random two names. Those two players team using their respective characters.

Additionally, players in rank A and higher on the Texas Power Rankings can NOT use their main. At House of Mouse 1, Meta Knight was legal. If enough people vote for Meta Knight to be banned in Waseda, I'll ban him.

Waseda-style doubles forces players to both try interesting combinations and team with players they would otherwise NEVER team with, like my Bowser teaming with Razer's Meta Knight at House of Mouse 1. In this event, ANYONE has a shot at placing in the money.

Come on out and participate in the hottest side event in Texas!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOUSING
Zigsta: 985-718-8984
AlpacaMan 979-541-9836

I can comfortably fit 2-3 carpools and can squeeze more if need be.

AlpacaMan lives in San Marcos, which is 40 minutes from UT.

Fellow Austinites, let me know ASAP if you can house at this event.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CIRCUIT POINTS:

Points will be awarded to all those who place well at events. Starting with the second event, this will determine seeding throughout the rest of the circuit. This is important for a couple of reasons:

Those who do not have circuit points may be seeded randomly having a very heavy hitter first round.
Those who accumulate high numbers of circuit points throughout these events may find themselves in a good position during the championship event.

49 players or less:

01 - 45 points
02 - 35 points
03 - 25 points
04 - 20 points
05 - 15 points
07 - 10 points
09 - 07 points
13 - 05 points

50 players or more:

01 - 95 points
02 - 70 points
03 - 50 points
04 - 35 points
05 - 25 points
07 - 20 points
09 - 15 points
13 - 10 points
17 - 07 points
25 - 04 points
33 - 01 points

RULES AND PAYOUTS:

Payouts will be extended throughout every event. It will be based on a two-tier scale.

For 49 players or less:
Top 6 48/22/14/8/4/4

For 50 players or more:
Top 8 44/22/16/10/6/6/3/3

General Gameplay Rules
  1. 3 Stocks
  2. 8 Minute Time Limit
  3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
  4. All infinites are legal.
  5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles
  1. Team Attack set to "On"
  2. Life stealing is allowed.
  3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure
  1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  11. The next match is played.
  12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).​

Stage List

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Final Destination|Brinstar
Lylat Cruise|Castle Siege
Smashville|Delfino Plaza
|Pokemon Stadium 1
|Pokémon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|Frigate Orpheon
|Pictochat
|Rainbow Cruise

Conduct Rules
  1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
  3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
  7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.

Come on down to Austin to experience Texas Smash history--our's state's FIRST circuit event!​

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The venue is FAC 21 now.

IF YOU HAVE SETUPS:

When you get off the interstate, head down MLK and take a right on Guadalupe.

Take a right on Speedway.

Take your next right, Inner Campus Drive.

Take a right at the stopsign.

Go straight and temp park in the walkway next to the auditorium. This is where we'll unload setups.

TO PARK:

Find a meter on the streets around campus. Parking in metered spots is free on weekends.

I will have people positioned to help you.

I apologize for the lack of a video--my arms are killing me.

PLEASE call me at 985-718-8984 if you need help.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
First?! :D Hyype! Hopefully I don't have finals on this day. If I do, I'll have to make up some excuse so I can make this x)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The venue has livestream capabilities--can anyone bring a livestream?

Mike2, this place has plenty AC. You won't need a fan here.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I def need to make this since its at UT campus

OH DA WOMEN ARE NOT SAFE

EDIT- ILL NEED A FAN

Gea

Smash Master
Strike that. Realized the date. I have three finals that day and Tallman has one. We both can't come.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This is awesome. A lot of us Austin peeps attend UT, so there are plenty of options for housing. I might be able to house one or two myself.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Hm, I want to go, that's for sure. Hopefully I can make this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom