• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers Xperience: Brawl & Melee, Smashfest & Tournament (Lithonia, GA)

HeroChima

Smash Apprentice
K lsiten up fools. Apparently, there is a tournament or some kind of glorified smashfest going down at GX tomorrow (the Lithonia venue). There's not many people confirmed at this point but I think it's because no one really knew about it. So now you know about it. Be there or be square. Also, if you live off 400 I might be able to pick you up on my way. PM me and I'll see if I can do the drive (I already have to drive over an hour so I dunno if I'm going to go out of my way that much).

I know it's last minute notice but I just found out about it too so don't complain to me. Try to make it because I don't want to drive all the way there for a 5 man tournament or worse, the people confirmed bail and I'm all alone. Don't bail; come with me.
Reposted here so more could see. Me and Iblis are going too.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there.

I just wish it started at 2 and not 4
it says operating hours are from 4-10 on their FB page...also if we do a tournament will we charge $10 for it?
Gamers Xperience is here for the community. If you need us to open up at 2 pm or earlier for you guys...we can and will,
granted that there are enough people attending. We are willing to stay open later if needed. Lastly Sundays are available as well.

You communicate with us what you would like and we will do our best to meet the needs of the community.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
List of Most Likely Attendance:
Micaelis
Chima
Iblis
Miles
Zatch
Player-1
HiChez
Neo_X
mercy
Albino

Maybe more might come... hopefully. But That's 4 PR members right there plus one old inactive PR member. It's worth the experience to show up and play.

So it opens at 4? I'll be there around 4 I guess then.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Gamers Xperience is here for the community. If you need us to open up at 2 pm or earlier for you guys...we can and will,
granted that there are enough people attending. We are willing to stay open later if needed. Lastly Sundays are available as well.

You communicate with us what you would like and we will do our best to meet the needs of the community.
The earlier the better, as me and Miles may have to leave before 7:00. I told my mom 1:00, as reference to one of your threads.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Nevermind I can't go. I forgot me and Link queen's birthday is gonna be celebrated tomorrow! :) Have fun guys!

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
What about set ups? Do we have a good amount or should we bring some as well?
No TVs are needed, we have 18+ available. We have 2 Wii and 2 Brawl, others need to provide if more are needed.

-------------------

Now no one has mention a tournament entry fee or other details. Do you need us to open at 2pm?
How long do you expect the tournament to run? Did we mention the door fee?

I ask all of this because the last I heard of this was just a little talk and nothing confirmed until earlier today.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'll bring a Brawl setup. Opening at 2 pm would be good because we could all play longer but as you see in my post, only about 10 people are probably going to show as of now so if you want to open early for 10 people, it's up to you.

It was only talk until Chima told me it was tomorrow and I went and rallied the troops. I didn't know that it wasn't set, sorry. Tell me earlier and I can get stuff down for you in the future if you ever want to plan something.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
How much will this be costing us, Venue fee and tournament fee, if we actually have enough people to do one. Also this still seems to be up in the air is this really gonna happen?

If we are only going to have 10 people I say it would be better just to have a smashfest. IMO.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Oh it wasn't our plans. This is not our event, I'm not sure who was the first to speak of this event.

We will be ready @ 2pm for people wishing to show up early. Please be advise there will be a $5 door
fee if just participating in Smash. $8 if you wish to play other games available here.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
It's a tournament Miles.
Hopefully open at 2...If so I'll bet there around that time (lol)
Damn Mic making me sound like an old man out here 0_o
Digress I will, miss you guys, wanna play smashbros.
*pewpew*

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
well im not about to enter a tournament with 10 people.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
This is a tourney? I thought it was just another Smashfest that got some interest. Me and Miles will try to be there around 1:00, if it's okay to be there at that time.

:phone:

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Just come even if it's a "Smashfest" I'll run a Round Robin for $5 or something.

Zatch... show up at 2 pm not 1 pm... or you'll be waiting an hour. And Hichez... nvm whatever.

EDIT: Sorry smithspot I didn't see your earlier post (edited out my retardness).

Also, I really appreciate what GX is trying to do for the Brawl community (offering a venue, good return post time, extra cash thrown in the pot, opening early for us, etc), I just wish we could get you more hype. Next time you're thinking of planning an event try to contact me and I'll seriously try to help you get a decent turn out.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Waiting an hour for people to show up, or waiting an hour for the doors to open? I would not mind waiting for people to show up.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Waiting an hour for people to show up, or waiting an hour for the doors to open? I would not mind waiting for people to show up.

For the doors to open up. There's like 4 posts above you talking about how it originally didn't open until 4 pm but he changed it to 2 pm to be nice lol. Reading won't kill you, I promise :p

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'll be bringing a wii and my laptop for Tio and to check up on Genesis updates and stuff (if I can use the GX wifi).

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
OMFG my parents changed the b-day celebration to sunday, so I guess i'll be there if they'll drive me there. /:

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
OMFG my parents changed the b-day celebration to sunday, so I guess i'll be there if they'll drive me there. /:
I can pick you up if they'll let me since you live so close and I'll have a car. Just call me (Scatt has my number if you need it).

I'll also be bringing my Wii. I just spent all night updating it and fixing some stuff... sigh.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Ok, I might not be able to be there by 2pm, but probably 3 or 4. What time will the tournament start?

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
I can pick you up if they'll let me since you live so close and I'll have a car. Just call me (Scatt has my number if you need it).

I'll also be bringing my Wii. I just spent all night updating it and fixing some stuff... sigh.
My dad said he'll drive me over there, so it's cool.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Can I go in like, twenty minutes or so? Mom has to be somewhere after dropping us off. I'm bringing three people with me. Don't think they'll play Smash, but one may be interested.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm quitting too. From competitive, at least. I'm starting to find Yoshi fun, so I might stop by to dabble around in friendlies, but I've reached the peak of my Smash career. This was a fun Smashfest, guys :D Hope to see you all again soon.

Top Bottom