• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness Legends 4/16 Framingham, Massachusetts

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Doubles: http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd250/Dazwa/doublesfix.gif
1: Fatal + wWw Koolaid (Fatal + wWw Koolaid) ($74.00)
2: Malcolm + Inui (Malcolm + Inui) ($34.00)
3: I AM A STABBING ROBOT. I WILL STAB YOU (Bloodcross + Bizkit) ($20.00)
4: vVv I Don't Korward Air (vVv Cheese + Pelca)
5: welcome to tooonworld (etecoon + somacruz)
5: Almo + Duke (Almo + Duke)
7: wWw Reginald Michael Watkins the third, whose sister is friends with Kelsie the Bird (wWw Boxman + wWw Dazwa)
7: chaco and curly donate their lipstick and panties to childrens hospitals (C. Awesum + Adept)
9: wWw Adulthood (wWw Sphere + Papa Saucem)

Singles: http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd250/Dazwa/singlesfix.gif
1: Fatal :snake: ($110.00)
2: MalcolmM :wario: ($54.00)
3: wWw Koolaid :pit: ($26.00)
4: Pelca :falco:/:metaknight: ($10.00)
5: Bizkit :snake:
5: Inui :metaknight:
7: vVv ChiboSempai :rob:
7: wWw RanDazwa :random: (yes, random)
9: vVv Cheese :metaknight:
9: Duke :dedede:/:metaknight:
9: etecoon :metaknight:
9: Bloodcross :metaknight:/:falco:
13: Sails :diddy:
13: Adept :dedede:
13: Almo :marth:
13: Bass :kirby2:
17: Gaston :snake:/:metaknight:
17: wWw Dr. PiPikachu :pikachu2:
17: Majority (dunno)
17: Spider Jerusalem :diddy:
17: Dank :lucario:
17: IceArrow :falco:/:olimar:
17: Stach (dunno)
17: TheBeagle :toonlink:
25: AKC12 :fox:/:lucario:
25: wWw Admiral Toonblade Literally :pit:/:metaknight:

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
7: Reginald Michael Watkins the third, whose sister is friends with Kelsie the Bird (Boxman + wWw Dazwa)

:awesome:

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Fatal lucky i wasn't there to shoutout random helpful things to Malcolm ! :)

Almo

Smash Ace
the 1 game i used MK in i lost, so idk why that's there lol

So Fatal

Smash Master
Fatal is my favorite Snake to watch, good job winning(someone needed to say it :mad:)!

Fatal lucky i wasn't there to shoutout random helpful things to Malcolm ! :)
Lol. More like Hink+Mikeray not being there to piss me the **** off.

Fatal using "Sake" tag was very admirable
death depresses me. I didn't know him that well but a smasher is family and no one deserves to die young.

This was a very hard tournament for me. Every match was hard.. My first match was Dazwa random or not was still lots of pressure and Malcomn is good. every game in GF was last hit and we did like 9 games. GGs everyone.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
1: Fatal (Snake) ($110.00) - too good. I'll win one day.
2: MalcolmM (Wario) ($54.00) - Why are you both so carefree and amazing
3: Koolaid (Pit) ($26.00) - FFFFFUUUUU SAKURAIIIIIIII
4: Pelca (Falco/Meta Knight) ($10.00) - Thanks for teaming with me and not killing me for being god awful in losers :/
5: Bizkit (Snake) - Hi!
5: Inui (Meta Knight) - OH AMAZING CARPOOL. What random chats occurred...what random chats indeed. Shoutouts to ridiculous rain.
7: vVv ChiboSempai (ROB) - FFFUUUUUUUUUUU! Good stuff with a wonky gyro and a gay stage :-P. P2W, I got this next time.
7: wWw RanDazwa (Random) - Thanks for hosting, tourney was epic.
9: vVv Cheese (Meta Knight) - Suck less. Time to really practice hard again, unacceptable.
9: etecoon (Meta Knight) - Fun MMs, think before you take actions, it'll help your solid basics game a lot.
9: Bloodcross (Meta Knight/Falco) - Good job tearing it up in dubs, remember, you're a great player, don't let wonky stuff get to you and rip it up after a loss.
13: Sails (Diddy Kong) - Fun friendly, singular, lol. We'll get some more games in next time.
13: Almo (Marth/Meta Knight) - Fun set, ICs2gudtho
13: Bass (Kirby) - PS1 aka Kirby Nap Time
17: Spider Jerusalem (Diddy Kong) - Always a pleasure to see you
17: TheBeagle (Toon Link) - Sincere apologies for not giving you some games, I really meant to and got distracted and then salty, and then rushed to leave. My bad, we'll play another time, I get up to NE pretty often these days it seems.
25: wWw Admiral Toonblade Literally (Pit) - LMAO, when did you get good? Keep it up, play smart, and you're seriously going to improve a ton.

Shoutouts to the carpool, shoutouts to a 4 hour ride becoming 2, and shoutouts to rainstorms that nearly killed us.

Brock - Thanks for coming out to show some love.

etecoon

Smash Hero
9: etecoon (Meta Knight) - Fun MMs, think before you take actions, it'll help your solid basics game a lot.
thanks for the advice, lol I keep looking for ways to aggro IC's and none of it ever works. I was really rusty with wiichuk but IC's make me want to use it especially, my SDI is so much better with it and idk what to do about blizzard wall but SDI up and in to dair, or endlessly circumvent it if I have the lead <_<

ggs everyone else I played

I need to win more of my MM's next time :/ I think I spent like $40 but I got a lot of good exp from it anyway, it's much easier to break down why you lost a 2/3 as opposed to my normal practice method of playing friendlies for 5 hours straight, you just drown in information that way and miss a lot of details

ch33s3

Smash Lord
thanks for the advice, lol I keep looking for ways to aggro IC's and none of it ever works. I was really rusty with wiichuk but IC's make me want to use it especially, my SDI is so much better with it and idk what to do about blizzard wall but SDI up and in to dair, or endlessly circumvent it if I have the lead <_<
SDI to punish is your best option if you get hit, but don't get hit on purpose, you need to poke endlessly until they separate, then pounce on the opportunity. Blizzard has a stupid high SDI multiplier or whatever it's called, so landing the dair is really easy, no matter what controller you're using.

As for the MK ditto, I think you got nervous and made bad decisions. Game 1 you played relatively safe and did well, and the first 2/3 of Game 3 was the same. Don't get flustered when your opponent survives something you thought would kill them, and don't get flustered when you get hit by something you think you shouldn't. I'm aware this is obvious and difficult, but work on it, because especially in the MK ditto, split seconds of hesitation can cost you dearly.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
25: AKC12 (Pikachu)
(o^_^o)

But seriously, Fox and Lucario
Dank uses Lucario

Despite my last place result, I thought this was my most encouraging performance yet. I feel very good that I might find that breakout performance soon. Took Pelca to game 3 and it looked good for me until Frigate gimped me bad, although he probably did sandbag me game 1 by choosing IC. I think I just have to focus more and worry less about low percentage opportunities and try to focus much more on essentials.. And just focus more in general. I would usually keep up early in the match then just lose it later on.

Was nice meeting you Begle, had a ton of fun talking and playing matches against you. Good seeing you Dank, and you're underestimating Bass, he beat you because he's better than you and I, simple as that. And to anyone else whom I talked to/played matches with.

Thanks for hosting a great tournament as usual.

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Wario going in hard nowadays...I believe Fatal is very good but, I'd love to get an accurate personal rating by playing his snake. Are you going to CEO Fatal. In most peoples eyes I am a scrub because, of tournament placing. But, besides the point I am a man :D so if you are there I want to play you! I want to play you and "see" how you compare to Hrnut.

PS. Walnut {the soon to be central florida wonder}

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts to OOR comming, was mad fun, shout outs to vVv good stuff guys, shout outs to dazwa for hosting, shout outs to cheese for teaming, shout outs to shout outs, shout outs to falco's blaster, shout outs to falco's grab release up smash on MK, shout outs to falco, shout outs

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
shoutouts to OOR comming, was mad fun, shout outs to vVv good stuff guys, shout outs to dazwa for hosting, shout outs to cheese for teaming, shout outs to shout outs, shout outs to falco's blaster, shout outs to falco's grab release up smash on MK, shout outs to falco, shout outs
Pelca did you get any vids of your Falco.
if you did i cant wait to see them. i have been catching your rresults this past year you are doing very well keep it up.

i am excited to see your vids

good stuff

So Fatal

Smash Master
Wario going in hard nowadays...I believe Fatal is very good but, I'd love to get an accurate personal rating by playing his snake. Are you going to CEO Fatal. In most peoples eyes I am a scrub because, of tournament placing. But, besides the point I am a man :D so if you are there I want to play you! I want to play you and "see" how you compare to Hrnut.

I might go. I need a vacation lolz. If I do we can play :reverse:

Bloodcross

Smash Champion

Sup Walnut

remember me? =p

vVv Brock

Smash Rookie
Rochester, NH (home) or Waltham, MA (school)

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Btw Bizkit, if I acted too rude and obnoxious towards you I apologize.

I'm just so hyper sometimes (for any1 else, I wasn't raging. just being loud LOL)

It was fun teaming.

Sorry to Chibo and Koolaid for dealing with my rage in singles (@Chibo: that ****ing speaker I swear LOL). I don't have fun trying in singles at all anymore... especially at locals where it doesn't mean as much to me.

dont feel like giving any further shoutouts but I love all of you for coming to this great venue.

though a big shoutout to jamie for still being around to support our community.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN

I'm going to attempt to do shoutouts seeing as how this is the first tournament I've entered in awhile, and the first tournament I've ran in roughly a year and a half. I haven't done shoutouts for like a year, so I'm keeping with the theme by doing this :dazwa:

To everyone who showed up: I really appreciate your attendance and I hope you had a great time. Some things didn't go as well as I hoped (we had a shortage of Wiis with 4 TVs lying around, could have ran pools otherwise, and two of the set-ups kept getting disc read errors...), while other things seemed to go great (finished 2-3 hours ahead of schedule, had a livestream with commentary going). I plan on fixing the errors at the next event while still finishing everything in a timely fashion. I also really want to run pools because I don't like seeing people pay $10 to enter, then go two and out. I want everyone to have a good time, and hopefully pools will fix that (but this will require more set-up support from players). I hope everyone that attended can make future MMLs, and again I'm very thankful that you guys attended this one.

To everyone who couldn't make it: I'm planning on running more MMLs in the future, so stay tuned and hopefully you'll find one that you can attend :)

Things that you can expect at the next MML:
- Pools, provided we have more set-ups
- Venue fee SEPARATE from the entry fee

Individual shoutouts:

Fatal - I know that you probably felt a lot of pressure from having me so close to you in the bracket, but you need to keep in mind that I was going all Random in the tournament, so I placed myself in "intermediate" and just let tio place me wherever it placed me. I really only manually moved people for "these people play each other all the time/same state/etc," because it's the only fair thing to seed for, outside of power ranking-based seeding (which is accounted for automatically). Either way, congratulations on the win, clearly you didn't have the itis during the tournament!

MalcolmM - Congrats on getting 2nd! Your Wario is inspiring, and if I wasn't dedicated to learning Random, I'd probably re-learn Wario for singles, stealing some of your tricks along the way.

wWw Koolaid - I promise I won't make a third place joke. >_>. You are wWw's top representative in our Brawl division, and you definitely repped hard, getting 1st in doubles and [UNNAMED PLACEMENT, ITIS JOHNS] in singles. Keep it up mang.

Pelca - Oh my god you slaughtered Inui in that set. You also slaughtered my Pokemon Trainer. But my Toon Link? You better watch out next time.

Bizkit - I love that you counterpick PS2 at every opportunity you get, just to expand your knowledge of it in a competitive setting. Or maybe you just really like the stage? Either way, knowing that Bizkit, MASTER OF NOOTRAL, is experimenting with stages for some reason, makes me giddy. Good ****.

Inui - Don't let one average singles performance get you down, Pelca was on fire, and you weren't playing nearly lame enough on Rainbow Cruise as you could have been. In the words of Gootecks, you cracked. You let it get to your head. I know you're a talented player, but you need to train your emotions. Don't immediately respawn, take a breather and assess why you're losing. Get the frustration out of your head, and you have a chance to comeback. Really glad you made it down, hopefully you attend the next one and show everyone what you're actually capable of :bee:

vVv ChiboSempai + vVv Cheese - SWF/AiB mod banter was fun times, doubles practice was amazing times.

Duke - For some reason, I really wanted to play against you in tournament. I can't put my finger on why.

etecoon + somacruz - I'm pretty butthurt that I could beat you guys as Fox and then get wrecked as Diddy Kong, but good stuff regardless.

Bloodcross - I was both relieved and disappointed that I didn't have to play against you as random. On one hand, "sweet I top8'd as random, get at me," but on the other hand "Going random would lead to Bloodcross yelling hilarious ****," which I didn't get to see :(.

Sails - Lemme know if that USB loader fix works for you!

Adept - I'm really impressed with how far you've come maturely. Although I didn't talk to you at all much this weekend (so I could be completely wrong about this LOL), the one time we did talk really surprised me. After your set with Sails, you said "that was completely my fault, I messed up," to Pictochat shenanigans, the stage that gives everyone a free pass to making Johns, and I was really caught off guard. You're definitely not the same brat I remember from J&R. Good **** on that, and I hope you continue to get better at Brawl. Someone's gotta rep Maine.

Almo - THE LONG-LOST A-NAME PLAYER HAS RETURNED TO MASS MADNESS, AND HE DID NOT GET LAST

Bass - Man, the random button didn't like you. Gave me a character I'm fairly decent with, and then gave me one of my mains. If only I got those characters against Fatal...but if I got Yoshi/Kirby against you, I probably would have lost >_>.

C.Awesum - Watching you beast on GU regulars in Marvel was amazing, and hilarious. Learn some combos though LOL

wWw Dr. PiPikachu/Boxman - Thanks for nearly everything this weekend, from set-ups, to travel, to teaming, to just being an awesome dude. I had a blast and it wouldn't have been the same without you.

Spider Jerusalem/MdrnDayMercutio/Ace - We barely hung out this weekend, but it was great seeing you nonetheless. Hopefully we get a chance to hang out more when I make random appearances at Dustin/Reggie's place.

Dustin/Darc + Reggie/Watkins- Thanks for showing up, not entering, stealing the commentary seat for 5 hours, and then leaving suddenly. NOT COOL. I hope your cellphones fall into a sewer grate.
no but seriously i appreciate you guys making an appearance and helping out despite having no interest in entering

AKC12 - YOUR PIKACHU STOLE MY WII YOU JERK

wWw Admiral Toonblade Literally/Sphere - Thanks for making the best weekend, bester. You made some really good choices at dinner, and choosing Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the livestream? You've got potential, man.

Papa Saucem - Papa Saucem is the people's champ. My team went double Random and STILL got cheered against. I'm greatly impressed.

wWw Fats - I hope your dreams of a racist Final Destination come to fruition one day. I'm still laughing on the inside at all the jokes you made at TGIF. If I ever move to Mass, we're hanging out every day forever.

vVv Brock - Thanks for showing up and showing support for the tournament, even if you didn't enter anything.

Majority, Dank, IceArrow, Stach, TheBeagle - I really appreciate the support from people in the community I've never met, makes me wonder if there's any more New England players still yet to be uncovered. I hope you guys had a great time and continue to attend future tournaments in New England. It's always a pleasure, and if you have any comments/concerns regarding the tournament, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm most concerned with criticism from players new to the scene, so your opinions are very important and appreciated :)

AND FINALLY

THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

SHOUTOUTS TO THE RANDOM BUTTON:

Doubles: :sonic: :wolf: :samus2: :ike: :fox: :diddy: :link2:
Singles: :lucario: :peach: :yoshi2: :kirby2: :popo: :gw: :dedede: :pikachu2: :pt: :toonlink:

Not bad, beats the 4 Ganons out of 18 randoms I got the previous night >_>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Shoutoutz

1: Fatal - Congrats on first!
2: MalcolmM - You never cease to amaze me, keep it up
3: wWw Koolaid - Those friendlies early in the tournament were fun, want to team next time I come to New England?
4: Pelca - Glad to really meet you this time, good job on placement
5: Bizkit - Arg I need to watch videos of you to figure out what to do. The way I play does not work for you and I need to find a different way
5: Inui - I wish you lost to Bizkit so I could take you out of losers
7: vVv ChiboSempai - Not bad, I'm content with this, but I can do better
7: wWw RanDazwa - ROB + Bowser all day!
9: vVv Cheese - You will never beat me ever again in tournament :troll:
9: etecoon - Fun MM, caught me off guard
9: Bloodcross - http://gearpatrol.com/blog/wp-conte...io-intimus-6t-db-hybrid-xd-speaker-system.jpg
13: Sails - Fun matches, though I reeeaaally know the matchup, and my gimps were on point. Once ROB gets Diddy off stage he's dead. Keep it up.
13: Almo - I really enjoyed your matches vs Cheese, for someone who doesn't really know the ICs matchup you really do lol
17: C.Awesome - Fun matches
17: Boxman - Thiiiiiis guuuyyyyy
17: Majority - Shoutoutz to random hammers
25: Sphere - Many funny moments that I don't know which to comment on

People that don't enter so you deserve to be at the bottom of the list:

Fats - Glad to meet you, fun times. Cool commentary, hangin' out, random trash talk n stuff w/e all goodz
vVv Brock - Always a pleasure and great to see non smashers go to smash events and have a good time. Very appreciative of the plethora of pictures from the event on dat ninja mode.

I really liked this venue, I wish they would open one up in Philadelphia. Pass the word onto the owners lol.
Seeing so many cool games for $70 makes me wonder how much I would get to trade em in since I own some of them, such as Legend of Legaia. I obviously also have FF7 but I would never trade it in forever in my life.

The ride wasn't too bad going there. idk why New York doesn't go there more often being only like 3.2 hours away. When I have more cash (hence my MMs since the trip kind of drained me) I'll make it back up again. The thunderstorms driving home however were beyond awful.

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
Pelca did you get any vids of your Falco.
if you did i cant wait to see them. i have been catching your rresults this past year you are doing very well keep it up.

i am excited to see your vids

good stuff

:D thanks for the support viper, yes there should be a few sets with my falco to be uploaded by bizkit. =PPPPPPP

Top Bottom