• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ogre Smash - 4/16/11 - St. Louis, MO

TP

Smash Master
Singles
25 entrants, $10 entry

Bracket:

1. :shyguy: (Ensis) :toonlink: ($106.25) (split)
1. DNYCE :olimar: ($106.25) (split)
3. Hylian :popo: :falco: :metaknight: ($37.50)
4. TP :metaknight:
5. Kemo :falco:
5. Unviable character (FAE) :lucas:
7. Legan :zerosuitsamus: :link2: :marth: :metaknight:
7. Cook :olimar: :metaknight: :dedede:
9. Fujin :zelda:
9. Fource :diddy:
9. MetalMusicMan :falco: :dedede:
9. Ripple :dk2:
13. Batboy McGee (FWOG)
13. Tmacc :diddy: :metaknight:
13. Lutz :gw:
13. Stealth Raptor :pikachu2:
17. Mario Flames :ganondorf: :metaknight:
17. Radium88 :kirby2:
17. Dillon :wario:
17. CREX :snake:
17. chaospeedy
17. DJ IKE :pit:
17. Johnny Deadshot (JoWii) :toonlink:
17. Rahmad Weber
25. Future (Forfeit)

Doubles
10 teams, $5 entry

Bracket:

1. MMM :dedede: + FAE :lucas: ($55)
2. Cook :metaknight: + Nicole :peach: ($30)
3. Ensis :metaknight: + Stealth Raptor :pikachu2: ($15)
4. Lutz :gw: + Legan :zerosuitsamus:
5. Tmacc :dedede: + Hylian :gw:
5. Fource :diddy: + DNYCE :olimar:
7. Radium88 :kirby2: + FWOG
7. TP :metaknight: + Ripple :lucario:
9. CREX :snake: + DJ IKE :pit:
9. Choaspeedy + Mario Flames :ganondorf: :metaknight:

I'm missing a few characters above, and may have gotten some wrong. Help me out.

I feel that this tournament went very well. We had plenty of setups after an initial scare at the beginning, and a good turnout. Things got done on time and everybody had fun (to my knowledge). The guys who own the venue said they were looking forward to me hosting more tournaments there.

I really can't thank you guys enough. STL had so many people who had other stuff to do or weren't sure if they could make it, and every single "maybe" ended up coming, often with setups. Great job guys. You make smash a better game.

Thanks to those who traveled to this as well. Having people from outside STL crew raised the hype considerably. Hopefully you'll come to future events here.

I'll post individual shoutouts later, but one is worth doing right now: You gave me so much support and advice both before and during the tournament, Rauleen. You were there whenever I needed you, and your baking was amazing as usual. Thanks.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Put me as :falco: / :dedede: for singles please, I won several games with him and used him in pools too :)

Had a really fun time at this tournament, doubles with FAE were soooo awesome. DeDeDe + Lucas 2gud :D

Thanks to the out of staters (Kansas) for coming!!

It was nice seeing Stealth Raptor, been too long since I've seen you man. Too bad we didn't get to play friendlies :( But I told FWOG to talk to you and he said you taught him how to CG with Pika, thanks dude!!

Thanks to Chaosspeedy, Mario Flames, and CREX, Rahmad, and all the other new faces for coming out to this, I hope you had fun :)

Thanks Rauleen for cookies!

Hugs and kisses all :D

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I'll post shoutouts later maybe.

TP, you ran the tournament well and that was a nice venue. You should make that a monthly honestly. Or bi-monthly. At any rate, I'm saying good ****.

Oh and put TL by my name onry. I was a TL main yesterday.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
First!
Edit: Damn you MMM and Jowii.
I WAS first but then I had to edit it.

TP: I am very proud of you AND you went a little bit Gannon:reverse:! Good job running the tournament.
Kemo: Never played but you placed very well
FAE You left before I came back from getting food, still good job!
Legan: Your matches against the TL were EPIC. Ggs ZSS ***** Zelda in when she gets her in the air.
Nicole: Youre lame for not entering singles, I am disappoint.
Cook: Y u b playing MK in singles??????
Stealth: Good Pikachu and Samus, very fun friendlies!
Ripple: Told you picking picto chat and hoping something dumb happens was a good plan!
FWOG: Good games your diddy has improved close matches.
Tmacc: Where is Dedede?!??!?!
Lutz: You use a stupid character, just saying.
Radium88: By the time I got there only 3 cookies were left.

Good games, I got sooo lucky with that early spike the second game!
Dillon: I think we only played in draft crews, GG though.
DJ IKE: We never played, good seeing you again
JoWii:HAIRCUT!
Future: I totally understand why you decided to forfeit against me, you never really stood much of a chance. :troll:

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Had a lot of fun at this tourney, nice to see the people that I haven't seen in a while.

Shoutouts:
1. (Ensis) ($106.25) (split): Nice job dude, glad I got to hang out with you. You're a really chill person :) Also ggs in singles and doubles, dat toon link
2. DNYCE ($106.25) (split): Rainbow Cruise platform cancel usmash is br0ken. ggs in the friendlies and tourney, idunno how to beat oli lawl
3. Hylian ($37.50): I'm looking forward to the tourney in the sky when we don't have to play. Congrats on 3rd though :)
4. TP: Thanks for hosting TP, and you have apparently gotten a ton better. Good stufffff
5. Kemo: I think you're the only Falco that I like watching, you're the flashiest Flaco in the wurld
7. Legan: Link vs MJG's Toon Link was one of the most hyped sets, you did really well against him. Da bess Link
7. Cook: Ggs in dubz
9. Fujin: Omg Fujin in top 10, someone's doing something right with their bad character
9. Fource: Our set was amazingly fun, I'm pretty sure that was my highlight of the tourney. And your clutch comeback Game 2 was wtfff. I hope that set gets uploaded.
9. MetalMusicMan: You see what we can do when you're D3 and not Pit? : D Glad I got to team with you, had tons of fun in dubz. Hopefully we can team moar often.
9. Ripple: I'm pretty sure Lucas now hard counters DK because one move does 70%
13. Batboy McGee (FWOG): I didn't get to see you play much, but we should beat up Rauleen Tuesday.
13. Tmacc: Ggs in pools, your characters are getting better. I can definately help you with the Lucas MU if you need it. Also make sure you beat the E4 by Tuesday, we're gonna have our totally legit MM.
13. Lutz: You killed me at like 20% with a bucket Stock 2, then charged up when i was respawning, then killed me at 0 ): But yeah bucket a lot more, I was watching you play one of the teams and you just held on to it the whole game.
13. Stealth Raptor: Had fun in doubles and pools, really good Pikachu.
17. Mario Flames: Watch out TP, there's someone taking your Ganondorf/MK status. Thanks for coming out, I hope you had fun (:
17. Radium88: I'll leave you a shoutout when I hit puberty
17. Dillon: GGs in the dubz friendlies
17. CREX: GGs in pools
17. chaospeedy: Hope you had fun and thanks for coming out with MF, those were fun dubz friendlies :p
17. DJ IKE: You are one of the most entertaining people I know
17. Johnny Deadshot (JoWii): JoWii what happened ): Sorry for your playing yesterday, you seemed really off point.
17. Rahmad Weber: I don't think I got to talk to you or play you
25. Future (Forfeit): David lost to Fujin's Zelda, you're doing it wrong. But yeah sorry you didn't get back in time. And I'm pretty sure McDonald's would time people out if it played Brawl.

Also whoever's wii that was next to the tourney setup, can you upload the replay where I got Ripple from 0 to 70 with PKT

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GG's everyone, was a lot of fun :). Sorry we couldn't stay for the crew battle.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I need an MK by my name in singles and an MK by my name in doubles. I played more MK than D3 in doubles.

Shoutouts later, you did an awesome job running this TP. Congrats!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@FAE- I was hungover, tired, irritable.

I should've taken a page outta Nicole's book and just not entered but I wanted to support TPs tournament...

...oh, and I got high after our pool was over so I was in 'idgaf' mode :>

Teh Future

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

JoWii: Sorry pal i lost my kewl =(((((((((((((

tp you spelled four rice's name rong...

how was i the only one that placed 25th in singles? SOME OL BS

I guess i need to step my game up....

idk who to play though, what do you guys think?

Greight job with the tourney TP, Ogre's is an awesome venue and its awesome we can play there again. Ill be sure to get off work for the next one... although hopefully there'll be another kahoka soon aswell. because loooooooooooooool kahoka

<3

Cook

Smash Master
David, I can't believe how obnoxious you are being. You beating me yesterday meant about as much as when Will beat me with Falcon at Kolby's house. You know what matches did mean something, the ones where I wasn't half-asleep and out of it? When we played a few matches at Will's house and you ended up quitting because you were getting *****. You can keep thinking whatever you wish I guess, but we'll see how often you beat MKs that aren't ******** with DDD.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i would like to request that instead of having unviable character in front of FAE's listing in singles to "most underrated character in the game"

fun tourney shoutouts later

Dnyce

Smash Master
Add the following characters to my name (yes I did win with all of them):
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Marth
Sheik

Also, I only agreed to a split cause *****es wanted to go home (then we ended up staying for 2 more hours, lol gay). I want to be listed as tied for first.

Shout outs to people who did stuff, you guys are cool.

MJG

Smash Hero
Add the following characters to my name (yes I did win with all of them):
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Marth
Sheik

Also, I only agreed to a split cause *****es wanted to go home (then we ended up staying for 2 more hours, lol gay). I want to be listed as tied for first.

Shout outs to people who did stuff, you guys are cool.
I only split because you asked me on skype to split fool

You would have lost :bee:

L.

:shyguy:

afk

Cook

Smash Master
Cook w/ dat mad salt.

P.S.- Lawl at how serious people take this game.
Of course people take it seriously. How much time and money have you invested in the game? If you didn't take it seriously you wouldn't put in much of either.

MetalMusicMan

i would like to request that instead of having unviable character in front of FAE's listing in singles to "most underrated character in the game"
lol damn straight

Cook w/ dat mad salt.

P.S.- Lawl at how serious people take this game.
PS, "derp why is are does people gets mad when I says dumb things and says they is dumb for not agreeing with me even though I have no idea what I is talking about?"

Of course people take it seriously. How much time and money have you invested in the game? If you didn't take it seriously you wouldn't put in much of either.
Yeah, DeDeDe does not beat MK, you guys are absolutely ******** and have no idea what you are talking about. lol

Dnyce

Smash Master
1. :shyguy: - I only talked about splitting for teams. Also, idc if you don't like the game, think it's dumb or w/e etc, show some respect. You were almost incapable of counting the money we split... yet you guarantee yourself a win *remembers last tournament* Even with that in mind, I wouldn't assure myself a win. As a friend, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I'm tired of you being so arrogant all the time. I'll admit I enjoyed it at first, but when you're like that all the time I just gotta say.... grow-up.

3. Jordan - I remember Lux telling me about a conversation you and him had, something along the lines of "You shouldn't be getting hit by fair, I don't think finos ever hit me with fair lol." I mean... obviously I think it's a little funny, but I'm bringing it up because I want to see how you adapt to it (not to troll you about it, lol). I think I made it abundantly clear how ecstatic I was, so I wanted to apologize if I offended you or anything (mostly the part where I was jumping screaming 'yes' while you were holding out your hand for a GG :( ). I really was happy though; I don't think you know how badly I wanted to beat you (I specifically told TP to put us on the same side of bracket etc)... it was a personal goal being achieved, haha. Anyway, I still need to prove to myself that it wasn't a fluke, so I look forward to seeing you again at Event-52 :bee:

4. TP - You can't aggro-rush Olimar with MK. Even Anti (who is amazing at rushing down Oli) will wait a bit until he finds an opening. Idk what else to say past that though. If you wanted to force out my ICs... I only play them on FD, lol.

5. Kemo - GG

5. Eric - I was scared to play you, haha. Everyone kept hyping you up... so I had Averil and Huy sit there and watch in-case I needed coaching XD. I dunno how much you play Andrew or Oli's on wifi, but it felt like you didn't know the MU very well :( I only say that because I don't remember you using Nair much, and that's the stereotypical '**** olimar' move... but maybe it's because I learned how to beat it playing with Mekos *shrug*. If Mekos didn't come to Ks awhile ago, you might've slaughtered me lol... but I made sure to get some hard training with his Lucas, glad it payed off @.@ Try asking him for some pointers though! He definitely has some good ideas on the match-up that you might be able to play off of. It's good to see you improving every time I see you, keep up the good work.

7. Corey - Best Legan there is. I'll be joinin you on the smoke-free wagon when I move into that apartment... but chillin' with my static smoke partner is always a highlight of a tournament ;o

9. Huy - My bad on teams :(

9. Will - Throw pikmin until you can forward smash or grab.

9. Blake - I don't really like to think of moves as good or bad, but I appreciate the Sheik advice. Did you happen to get any of my matches recorded?

13. Todd - Dat mask.

13. Danny - things, stuff, words... I'm sure we'll talk about it today at Blake's, lol.

17. Mario Flames - BEST DASH ATTACK EVER!

17. Rauleen - I want that frosting recipe =D

17. Dillon - Gay. Wario is gay... smash balls are gay... you play super gay... but you pretty cool imo ;o

25. David - I can't money match you anymore. It sucks cause you're like the only person willing to MM me at tournaments, but I don't like to see that playing me puts you in a state of frustration and depression (as much as I love the comments you make). I hope things work out for you =/

TP

Smash Master
Fino, which of those characters did you actually win with in bracket? I don't think it's accurate to put characters you either lost with or used in the less-than-vital pools.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
TP. TL next to my name instead of Kirby nao.

@Will- 'Whatever, whatever, I do what I want!'

@Cook- Serious abt some random pools match because D3 too good? Sure, I should be like that too~

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol andrew you serious you need to calm down

fino i was super duper high and PO about other stuff when we played. next time ill mm w/ a character i kno the matchup w/ and it'll be fun times (even though im sure ill hit you w/ snake uptilt or some bull**** at 150 and you will survive

MJG

Smash Hero
1. :shyguy: - I only talked about splitting for teams. Also, idc if you don't like the game, think it's dumb or w/e etc, show some respect. You were almost incapable of counting the money we split... yet you guarantee yourself a win *remembers last tournament* Even with that in mind, I wouldn't assure myself a win. As a friend, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I'm tired of you being so arrogant all the time. I'll admit I enjoyed it at first, but when you're like that all the time I just gotta say.... grow-up.

Code:
[4/10/2011 2:05:28 PM] Fino: ayo
[4/10/2011 2:05:46 PM] Fino: you said who wants to team with me?
[4/10/2011 2:09:55 PM] Averil Morrisette: future
[4/10/2011 2:09:56 PM] Averil Morrisette: aka david'
[4/10/2011 2:19:56 PM] Fino: oh
[4/10/2011 2:19:56 PM] Fino: ok
[4/10/2011 2:20:03 PM] Fino: I guess I'll team with him
[4/10/2011 2:20:08 PM] Fino: but uhh hey, singles
[4/10/2011 2:20:14 PM] Fino: you down with splitting in grands?
[4/10/2011 2:20:16 PM] Fino: lol
[4/10/2011 2:22:48 PM] Averil Morrisette: of course
[4/10/2011 2:23:32 PM] Fino: :)
Oh...I forgot that Singles=Doubles.

Anyways...You were right...I was wasn't able to count my money but I was aware of that fact that you tried to take more money than me in our split...so I wasn't "completely" out of my mind :bee: You talk about my arrogance when I know for a fact that you believe (and have told others) that I will only beat you with MK when that is not true *remembers last tournament* You once said that you don't care what others think about you when it came down to you harassing some of the MO players and with that being said, if I honestly cared about what you thought about me, I wouldn't have said what I firmly believe...which is the fact that yes, I don't think I should lose to you anymore. Also..in regards to respect, I lost some "respect" for you during david's STL Monthly. It may have not have been a big deal to you but you can obviously see how it was a big deal for me with the way I reacted ( I don't think I need to elaborate).

Congratz on your placing btw.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
DAAAAAYYYUUUMMM.

Why is there so much salt and anger in this thread? People should obviously juss chill out.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
No but David, remember that Cook is a terrible MK. He shouldn't even play that character because it's bad otherwise he wouldn't lose to D3s. That's what Will says at least. So even if you continue to beat MKs w/ D3 in tournament settings, it doesn't matter since if you win, that juss proves that the MK is a complete and utter failure.

Amidoingitrite.jpeg

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Juss saiyan ^

(MK beats D3 then w/e I don't reeeeeally care, but I like how Will explained his view w/ you're juss bad @ MK for losing.)

MetalMusicMan

I DON'T KNOW WHY EVERYONE IS SO SERIOUS!!!!??? I WAS BEING SERIOUS BUT OOPS I JUST REALIZED HOW ******** I AM.... SO NOW I'LL JUST SAY THAT I WAS TROLLING AFTER I INTENTIONALLY PISS PEOPLE OFF AND THEN BE LIKE WHY U MAD BRAH? LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL I'M SUCH A SUCCESSFUL TROLL.

Ragewest be so ragin' I don't even know why lolololololololololol

JoWii your MK is trash and beating David while he's high does not make you good at this game.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Will's got that PhD in sighting trollz. Obviously it's not that large thick melon of his that makes talking about D3/MK worthless. Nope, you're right. It's that I've seen the error of my ways and I will now try and hide it with a troll. Obviously no one else will agree that talking to Will when he says you're wrong is impossible. Hopefully he doesn't realize how ******** he is when he's talking to people after they've expressed different opinions then he has, because that'd juss ruin any future conversations w/ him.

W/ that said, lemme go back to caring less because it's arguing about anything w/ Will.

Edit: Btw, aliens. AFK.

Edit2: +2MK. Obviously unwinnable.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I DON'T KNOW WHY EVERYONE IS SO SERIOUS!!!!??? I WAS BEING SERIOUS BUT OOPS I JUST REALIZED HOW ******** I AM.... SO NOW I'LL JUST SAY THAT I WAS TROLLING AFTER I INTENTIONALLY PISS PEOPLE OFF AND THEN BE LIKE WHY U MAD BRAH? LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL I'M SUCH A SUCCESSFUL TROLL.

10caps2showI'mAsGoodAsMMM@Trollin

Top Bottom