• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bulldog Brawl: 2 (feat Reflex / BigLou / BBQ / Dynomite / DRN / Player-1)

Kaptain

Smash Ace
The Gamers' Association of UGA proudly presents:
with support from:

http://www.facebook.com/UGAMEATHENS
&

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Best-Buy-Athens-Gamers-Club/213090412045520

:::::::::::::::

A smash tournament for both Brawl and Melee.

Date: September 24, 2011
Where: Tate Center, Room: Reception Hall (1st floor)
45 Baxter Street, Athens, GA., 30606

Warm-ups / Friendlies / Set-up begins at 2:00 PM
Tournament begins with doubles at 3:00 PM. Singles will be after that.
(Times are subject to change)

Entry Fee:
Singles - $10
Teams - $10/team ($5 a person)
Winnings
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Bring $ for pizza and drinks!
------
We Need Setups! A set-up includes TV + Wii/GC + Brawl/Melee. If your setup gets used your meal is on us! (NO HDTVs as it causes lag.)

Brawl Ruleset and Stage List:
- 3 Stock
- 8 minute time limit
- Items are set to None and Off
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
o Wavebirds are allowed but discouraged, as there can be unwanted interference with controllers being on the same channel.
o If you are using a WiiMote, a WiiMote w/ Nun chuck, or Classic Controller, please remove your batteries when you are not playing a match. This helps battery life and helps prevent interuptions.
- Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)
- Stalling is banned.
o Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.
o Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.
o Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.
- Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
- There will be no hacks used in this tournament, be it sound or texture.
- Ledge grab limit is set to 40.
o Ledge grab limit is only enforced when the match ends due to timeouts.

Set Format:
1. Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match. *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus, as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer.

**No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Extra doubles rules:
Port order will be 1221.
Life sharing IS allowed.
Team attack is set to ON.
You must come up with a super cool team name and team pose. Also, your socks must match your teammate's socks.

All rules not covered here will default to Unity Ruleset 1.3.

Stage Starter List:
- Battlefield
- Yoshi’s Island
- Smashville
- Lylat Cruise
- Final Destination
- Delfino Plaza
- Halbard

Counter Picks:
- All Starters
- Pokémon Stadium
- Pokémon Stadium 2
- Castle Siege
- Frigate Orpheon
- Brinstar
- Pictochat
- Rainbow Cruise
- Luigi's Mansion (Doubles Only)
- Norfair (Doubles Only)

Melee Ruleset and Stage List:

-4 Stock, 8 minute time limit
-Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.
-The stage for Game 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING.
-Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

-WOBBLING IS BANNED
-After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.
-Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)
-After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

-Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64
-Stages banned: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, Mute City and Green Greens.
-Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Attendance:
Kaptain
Reflex
drpepper111
BBQ
Dynomite
DRN
Big Lou

HeroChima
Anomic Punk
chinesahh
DisasterAbdul
T-Nuts [+1]
AllShort17
-Fatality-
Player-1
SaiXander [+3]
Milesg2g
4Aces
Alby
Kismet
Folzy
Micaelis
Saltix
JoFTWin
TheGreatKazoo
Alcarondras
UltimaTL
Kid Dizzy
Flea
Tadeo
aml529
RedGamer
Xevlon
M.C. Pee-Pants
DracoBlaze
Zatch (Interested)
*CT* (Interested)
Iblis (Interested)
Stockfield (Interested)
Talut (Interested)
Sai (Interested)
Nana (Interested)
Popo (Interested)
Awstintacious (Interested)
Jeike (Interested)
RedGamer (Interested)
Bl@ckChris (Interested)
Mink
RawR (Interested)
Channighan (Interested)

Setups:
Brawl: 7/8
Kaptain - 1
Zatch - 1
Reflex - 1
Player1 - 1
Micaelis - 1
Kid Dizzy - 1
disasterAbdul - 1

Melee: 4/4
Kaptain - 1
SaiXander - 2
DrPepper111 - 1
RedGamer - .5

Transportation and Housing:
Housing:
Kaptain: 4-5 people (Athens) - 0/5 OPEN

Need rides:
Zatch - Conyers, GA (looking)
Player 1 - *******, GA
aml529 - Marietta, GA
M.C. Pee-Pants - Norcross, GA

Kaptain

Smash Ace
I will be making the OP not so long once someone shows me how to do those Show/Hide boxes. I couldn't figure out how to work those.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I will be making the OP not so long once someone shows me how to do those Show/Hide boxes. I couldn't figure out how to work those.
It's in collapse tags. [collapse=yourtextgoeshere][/collapse ] <- There's a space between the last bracket and the second collapse. Close it off, and you've got show/hide.

I'll try to make it to this :D Kinda steamed I missed the first one. Hype this up :352:

Kaptain

Smash Ace
@ Mink: Last time we had 28 competitors. But that was w/ brawl only. This time were adding melee and if I can get enough interest, ill add teams. Last time we had people like Reflex, Player-1, DRN, and Dynomite! show up. But i'd like to get a bit more of the smash community there this time. Also, we got some time... so just don't forget and hype when time comes! But still... EARLY HYPE!!!!!!

@ Zatch: We did miss you last time man, and thanks for the HTML info.

EDIT: Yay... I got it to work. Thanks again Zatch.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Really far out there, interested, I'll see if I could get some of NC to show up.
That sounds great. I know its a little early to post details, but we had the date and so i just went ahead and did the work to get it out of the way. I would love to see some OOS representation here!

D

Deleted member

AAWWWWWW YEEAAAAAAAHH

Melee!!!!!!!!

Rooty tooty fresh and fruity

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'll be there. I'm really good at Melee, so it would be acceptable to put me in the title of the thread.

D

Deleted member

I'll be there. I'm really good at Melee, so it would be acceptable to put me in the title of the thread.
Do it.

BBQ is what hype uses to describe himself. GET BBQ

BBQ SUX

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I'm thinking by september I should be able to actually spare more time for tourneys and smashfests and not living like a vampire
so I should probably be able to make this
and I'll stop sandbagging so everyone will lose, horridly and stuff

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm interested in attending this. And then. You already know. 99.99% certain something will occur the day before this happens, and I won't be able to go.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
I will most likely be coming to this, along with a friend of mine, and I'm hoping to play as many top level players as I can. Luckily the GA brawl community seems larger than I originally thought

Channighan

Smash Ace
I will most likely be coming to this, along with a friend of mine, and I'm hoping to play as many top level players as I can. Luckily the GA brawl community seems larger than I originally thought
Brawl, not melee. :/ which melee Is the one I'd want to play If I can make it.

:phone:

allshort17

Smash Ace
I really, really hope to make this. This seems like a good start to my first tournament. Keep me in touch with any changes so I can plan accordingly.

Waytooscruffy

Smash Cadet
^ I really hope you do come. Iirc, you got a variety of characters, and I gotta see it in person. I'm starting to play all characters on the roster, while still having my one main, so I gotta get a lot of matches in with you, if we both come.

Even though this is 4 months away, I can probably say I will be going. At the least, I'm very interested. I was too much of a noob at BBC, I need to step it up.

Waytooscruffy

Smash Cadet
A few things.

The rules say no hacks. I can understand textures, but does no hacks mean no Homebrew? Cause I know everyone has infinite replay hacks. I'm pretty sure you mean those are allowed, but if not... really? You may want to be specific on that.

Also, if you could, change my name to RawR. I forgot to mention that earlier in the previous tourney's thread. That's what I'm known as, and go by. Also, put me under (Interested) As I still haven't confirmed that I am going.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Sorry for the confusion. Unlimited replay IS allowed. Its the others that can sometimes cause differences in load times in transformations and those that alter gameplay (ie: squirtle only hack) that is banned. Even specialized menu screens dont bother me. And I'll change your name and status.

Top Bottom