• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Gentlemens Fight Club THE FIRST: June 18th East Texas.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
Smashing Gentlemen's Fight Club
The First

Address:
2400 E End Blvd
Marshall, TX 75672-7402

If you are arriving in Marshall via Interstate 20, at Exit 617 turn North onto Highway 59 / East End Blvd., drive 2.5 miles then turn right onto the TSTC South Building.

If you are traveling South on Highway 59, the TSTC North Building is located on the left 2 miles after the Highway 80 intersection.

NO VENUE FEE! No you will not get anything special for bringing a setup. I hope you would be kind enough to bring one anyway, seeing as your not paying a venue fee.

Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $5 per person, $10 total.

Be here by 12:25 pm, we start Doubles at 12:45 pm, Singles will start at 1:55 pm. We are on a tight schedule but we can finish the tournament at my house if need be.

Rules: Modified Unity Ruleset. Only difference is Pictochat is banned. Excuse the lack of formatting. I had copied the ruleset to notepad for reference.

General Gameplay Rules

1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites are legal.
5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
* In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
* If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles

1. Team Attack set to "On"
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List

Starters Counterpicks
Battlefield Battleship Halberd
Final Destination Brinstar
Lylat Cruise Castle Siege
Smashville Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island Brawl Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Conduct Rules

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
* The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
* Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.

Payouts:
1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

If you have any questions, make a post in this thread, PM me or call me: 903-934-0292

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
Just a little update, I will be able to provide housing for up to 6 people, maybe more if they bring sleeping bags/air mattresses for themselves. PM me if you want to come but need housing.

Thanks for the hype guys :D

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
Sorry for the double post but I didn't think anyone would notice if I edited my last post.

We are in desperate need of setups. I was relying on a couple of friends and expected to have five setups, but two of them backed out and others are uncertain. I would be lucky enough to have three setups, I really need your help with this guys.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I'll bring one, but the edge of the screen is cut off, but there's no lag. Also, I got two friends who are planning on pulling in, they would both bring setups. We'll get this thing done!

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
Labernash to the rescue :D

I'm bringing a for-fun Melee setup, but we can use the TV for your Wii instead if need be. I also have this urge to bring my Nintendo 64 for some reason. Don't know why.

Labernash

Smash Lord
How many people are planning on coming, do you know? And how is doubles looking?

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
tbh I don't know. I have a lot of friends that said they would show up, Ive gotten a couple of calls about the tournament, but I don't have an exact number.

I did post some flyers in 3 gamestops + a game exchange. And Im still putting others up so who knows how many there could be. I would assume a turnout of 20-30. Maybe more, I cant tell at this point.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
urrrrr seems as though most of the flyers I put up at the Gamestops have been taken down. I'm gonna try my best to have my friends to spread the word but tbh I'm not expecting that big of a turnout now :/ Who knows, maybe we will get lucky.

Labernash

Smash Lord
It will still be fun!! We should just tell people that there was the most intense match ever here. We'll say we screwed up and didn't get it recorded, but we should say a MK ditto timed out 3 of 3 matches. Nobody died until 300%. Oh, and it was a fifty dollar money match.

Hype for SGFC 2?

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
SGFC 2...mmm I really just hosted this to get interest from the local community. But if this proves that there is a scene in East Texas, I wouldn't mind doing a tri-monthly.

One more week GET HYPED :D

Labernash

Smash Lord
So hyped. This will be my second tourney, so hopefully I can get some replays for the Wario Boards!!

Hopefully a $20 pot at least as well!!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Oh ****. It's getting closer lol, I can't make this one (of all the weekends) as much as I would love too but if you guys set up another one I will be there. I live in Tyler so it's closer than Dallas, I'll even promote for you guys. I have about two or three friends that play so maybe we can all make it next time.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Cool beans! I'll call some friends up and we'll have a good ol' Smashfest one of these days.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Ugh, sorry for the double post, but I just got news last minute that I have to work tomorrow. I'm sorry Blue Sky!!

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
not
good

That means I have no setups :/

Like for real, I was realllly relying on you Lab. Have too many people interested to cancel now, especially so close. This is not good at all.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I'm so, so sorry man! I was trying to make extra sure I was going to make it. Everything looked great 'till the day before, I was called for work.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
Poor turnout, I guess I'm just going to post the results here.

There were only two teams, so we just did a $10 money match.

MrBlueSky and LucarioBFF vs Che and Travis, 0-3

As for singles we ended up doing Round Robin to see who would end up in finals.

Pool 1
MrBlueSky(2-0) vs Che(1-1) vs Travis(0-2)

Pool 2
T. Borkin(2-0) vs Blues(1-1) vs LucarioBFF(0-2)

Grand Finals
MrBlueSky vs T. Borkin (0-3)

Looooots of people missing. Was expecting bigger turnout than this. Oh well.

Will be uploading videos sometime next week.

Top Bottom