• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSI Presents: Charity Gaming II (Van pickup in Cinci and Cleveland! 32+ Setups!)

Ray T

Smash Cadet
The Ohio State University | Columbus, OH USA
OSI Group Meetings

Mystic:

Are you an Ohio State student?

The meeting is a group meeting for The Ohio Smash Initiative (OSI) but anyone is welcome to come to our meetings. At this particular meeting, we will be discussing the logistics and planning necessary for this upcoming smash tournament May 21.

If you are interested in coming, pm me your cell phone number and I will text you the location of the meeting; it's not a secret or anything but I'm still working on finding a place for our meeting today, since Thursdays are the busiest days for student org meetings.

Best,

Ray T

FaptainCalcon

Smash Rookie
Why everyone should go to this event:

I believe that all decent human beings should come to this tournament. Why?
Because if you don't then YOU clearly hate kids with cancer. If you own a car and are in the Ohio area, or if you are a pro smasher reading this thread, you have ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES. Unless you suffer from a condition which prevents you from making it to the event, (missing legs, being dead, etc.)

offtheheezay10

Smash Rookie
I will be coming to this. Should be a good time, haven't been up to OSU in a while.

What time is the doubles and singles Brawl tournaments starting? There is a group of at least 2-4 that will be coming up from Miami University to play in the tournament.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The OP has been updated with the room location (third floor, Interfaith & Prayer room that can hold over 100 people). In addition, all the financials and the schedule have been updated for each game.

Doubles will start at 12:30PM. Singles will start around 3:00-3:30PM. Please do not be late.

Incendia

Smash Rookie
Looking forward to some n64 critical beat-down. Me and some Mansfield kids are coming down to play, how many setups will there be? Is there and n64 tournament?

Ray T

Smash Cadet
64 smash

@Incendia

The two headline events for this tourney are the melee doubles and singles and brawl double and singles, each with pools. There will however, be 64 friendlies all day long for just the venue fee with at least 2 setups at the start-- more once we progress far enough into the bracket after pools finish for brawl and melee. As a fledgling tournament series, we are eager to try many things out and heard of a pervasive interest in smash 64 on the college campus at Ohio State and would like to see if we can generate enough interest there to warrant us dedicating resources to make a 64 tourney a main event at future tournaments. So make sure you come out an rep the 64 following ;)

We will have at least 32 setups for this event and we had many, many setups not being used at our last tournament; it would be a crying shame to not utilize them all!

The venue fee alone will get you in as a spectator, play unlimited friendlies all day long and gets you complimentary drinks as well :)

Best,

Ray T

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That is right, there will be free Coke at this event! Get your caffeine on!
Starkiller KB, Y.b.M., Blue Rogue, Shugo, Smash64, Infern, Quivo, and any non-Ohio God Kais should try to come out to this!
Springfield where you at? Dayton where you at?

oliman

Smash Journeyman
damn i found out about this a bit too late and im piss poor

anyone wanna contribute to the bad player fund?

Skyson

Smash Ace
asdf. Can't. Too short of notice for me to call off work. :/ Sorry.

That and being 2+ hours away from me when I'm already short on cash and I plan on going to PA next weekend.. not gonna happen for me.

EricHimself

Smash Rookie
Oh I'll be there. And I call you out for a money match Faptain Calcon. This one's for all the marbles.

I want you.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
sorry, guys, i cant make it this time. a friend of mine (Cosmonaut) is having his sweet 16 on the same day and im not gonna be a bad friend. id be glad to attend any in the future, though. sincerest apologies

Kirikou Rung

Smash Apprentice
That is right, there will be free Coke at this event! Get your caffeine on!
Starkiller KB, Y.b.M., Blue Rogue, Shugo, Smash64, Infern, Quivo, and any non-Ohio God Kais should try to come out to this!
Springfield where you at? Dayton where you at?
Dayton right here!!! If i can get a ride ill be there to rep Dayton!!!!!

Ray T

Smash Cadet
Pick Up

Hey,

We haven't been getting much response at all for the pickup so we may not end up doing it-- and one person in Dayton is obviously not do-able in terms of gas money. I will talk to the driver tomorrow though and see what he's planning.

In the mean time, everyone who needs or would like a ride and be willing to pay gas money for the round trip please post now so we can get an idea of the interest level.

Thanks,

Ray T

Kirikou Rung

Smash Apprentice
Hey,

We haven't been getting much response at all for the pickup so we may not end up doing it-- and one person in Dayton is obviously not do-able in terms of gas money. I will talk to the driver tomorrow though and see what he's planning.

In the mean time, everyone who needs or would like a ride and be willing to pay gas money for the round trip please post now so we can get an idea of the interest level.

Thanks,

Ray T
How about 4-5 People from dayton????

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Yeah, I totally forgot to mention it before BUT..... (For the next one of these)

NWOH (North West Ohio), Athens, and Dayton would benifit the pickup thing MUCH MORE than Cinci and Cleveland.

Not sure why I just thought of this now...

Ray T

Smash Cadet
Pick up

Hey,

Hopefully, we'll get more of a response/feedback when we offer a pickup service for our next event. Perhaps we can get feedback/suggestions/information from the people at the event as well.

As for you folks in Dayton, it's unfortunate but it really is too late to be arranging for pickup this close to the event. We definitely wish to entertain this option in the future though.

As for everyone else, we wish you safe trips to and back from our tournament.

We hope to see you all there!

Best,

Ray T

Kirikou Rung

Smash Apprentice
Hey,

Hopefully, we'll get more of a response/feedback when we offer a pickup service for our next event. Perhaps we can get feedback/suggestions/information from the people at the event as well.

As for you folks in Dayton, it's unfortunate but it really is too late to be arranging for pickup this close to the event. We definitely wish to entertain this option in the future though.

As for everyone else, we wish you safe trips to and back from our tournament.

We hope to see you all there!

Best,

Ray T
Awww....;_;

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Had a really fun time, somehow ended up getting 4th with my Peach. Got ***** by 1der's Fox, though, since the solution to shield pressure apparently isn't standing still in the shield.

Thanks for hosting, guys.

Toadstool13

Smash Rookie
Lost a controller?

Attention all smashers from the May 21st event. We found 4 controllers after clean up last night: a wii mote, a black classic wii controller, a purple and clear gamecube controller, and a black gamecube controller. If you are the owners of the controllers, we will work out something if you don't go to OSU. Contact me via email: janneckpanic@hotmail.com or message me on facebook. Thanks. :)

Top Bottom