• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp and Xanadu present: Baltimore Bi-Monthlies!!!

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Teams:

1: segull/vVv logic ($35.00)
2: june/lie ($15.00)
3: tant/ee ($0.00)
4: team sova!
5: nemeasa

Singles:

1: Neo ($42.00)
2: lie ($21.00)
3: ee ($7.00)
4: vVv logic
5: D1AOS
5: Noid
7: famous
7: Berto
9: dmanfamous
9: hylian boy
9: junebug
9: darkflame
13: bobby
13: ssr

bracket will be posted soon

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh **** neOOOOO!!!

And EE say whaaa??

Good stuff to Lie as usual. He makes money everytime.

I wanna see vids of Neo.

Edit: Junebug??

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Teams:

1: Seagull :wolf::metaknight:/Logic :olimar::metaknight:($35.00)
2: Junebug :lucario::metaknight:/Lie:diddy::metaknight: ($15.00)
3: Tant:metaknight::wario:/EE:metaknight: ($0.00)
4: Team Sova! (DarkflameX:lucario: and D1AOS:sonic:)
5: Nemeasa :luigi2: and :marth:

Singles:

1: Neo ($42.00) :marth: :metaknight:
2: Lie ($21.00) :diddy:
3: EE ($7.00) :metaknight:
4: Logic :olimar: :metaknight:
5: D1AOS :sonic:
5: Noid :samus2:
7: Famous :mario2: :luigi2:
7: Berto :rob:
9: Dmanfamous
9: Hylian boy
9: Junebug :luigi2: :falco:
9: DarkflameX :popo:
13: Bobby
13: SSR :peach:
Thought I'd help with character usage.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302133
^
Videos from tourney.

chillindude829

Smash Master
neo finally won a tourney?? omg

congrats neo. after 8 years of smash, ur first tournament win. and it couldnt have come against better opponents; lie and EE and june using luigi

real talk tho good **** to EE. shoutouts to neo for not underachieving for the first time in years but u dont get props for winning a 15 man brawl tourney

junebug

Smash Journeyman
5 dollar tourney. for funsies. calm down everyone. :) i had fun, weegee sux against MK tho.

good stuff to neo for winning though.

Oh **** neOOOOO!!!

And EE say whaaa??

Good stuff to Lie as usual. He makes money everytime.

I wanna see vids of Neo.

Edit: Junebug??
IDK how anyone plays falco! i SDed like 3135146246264 times against people in tourney. falco players must be gods of tech skill.

EDIT: forgot to give props to EE. that dude tore it up. <3

Freezewish

Smash Ace

congrats neo. after 8 years of smash, ur first tournament win. and it couldnt have come against better opponents; lie and EE and june using luigi

real talk tho good **** to EE. shoutouts to neo for not underachieving for the first time in years but u dont get props for winning a 15 man brawl tourney
This isnt his first tourney win. He's won a couple before this too. Good stuff to NEO for winning and EE for stepping it up big time.

Keitaro

IDK how anyone plays falco! i SDed like 3135146246264 times against people in tourney. falco players must be gods of tech skill.

Lol I actually have a tourney set online where I forward b off the stage while below 40% That's honestly one of the reasons I have tried to drop Falco, cause the tech skill can be hard to do under pressure.

Aposl

Smash Ace
wanted to go but I was running that Mahvel! Good job Neo, dont listen to the haters, Xanadu is home of the Morton Manufacturing plant so just enjoy your win! XD

Aposl

Smash Ace
Falco's side b is really good no doubts, but for probably like 75% of the people out there for their skill level,Falco doesnt even need to use it as an aggressive option. So you could still use him and get used to the side b aspects later, id like to see a Falco around these parts again...

Famous

Smash Champion
Glide Toss turnip into UpB so sexy :)...I finally make it to a NoVA tourney and nobody shows up...I see how it is mang

Nike.

Smash Hero
Seagull, how come you didn't enter singles? Would've loved to see you play Neo's Marth :(

Good ish Neo! Your back :)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

-dead- @ first tourney win, cuz i never won any melee tournaments right? and ive never won brawl tournies right?

stick to street fighter aladdin, cute try

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Seagull, how come you didn't enter singles? Would've loved to see you play Neo's Marth :(

Good ish Neo! Your back :)
I had work at 4, which was when singles started so I didn't have time to enter =/.

I've actually never played Neo, Lie, Meep, or Speed in tourney (Excluding doubles). I always end up playing Logic and June every tourney. I like playing new people lol, but it never seems to happens when people put me into brackets :awesome:.

Edit: I just remembered that I actually played Neo once in September 08 at my first tourney back when I mained bowser. I was *****. Cyberden for the win.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
5 dollar tourney. for funsies. calm down everyone. :) i had fun, weegee sux against MK tho.

good stuff to neo for winning though.

Good **** to NEO and EE <3

lol us falco players got that SWAG

Coney

Smash Master
wait, only $5 entry?

is that--is that going to be a common thing? was venue still $10?

if so, might drop by a few here and there

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
it happened because no one showed
Except SoVA...oh wait, nvm.

But in all seriousness, even though the turnout was low I was able to play people I didn't play last time, and I think the same applies to the rest of the SoVA players who tagged along. It was almost a wasted trip, but at least we got some more MD/VA experience.

Shoutout to everyone I faced, and Neo for winning the tourney. Hopefully next time the turnout will be better, it's about a 4 hour drive from where I live to the venue, and that's not factoring in picking up the other players from SoVA. :(

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i think there would be a better turnout if i just held a smashfest

also, lol @ aposl. dude, 13 people showed up to a MD tournament; 2 of which came with the TO's. i really don't think there is gonna be a good turnout.

you should focus less on hosting 10 man tournies and more on your terran macro. A-move! expand early!

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, you all have to KNOW that your going...Not coming back down unless you all are sure to show up...

Keitaro

I'll most likely be at the next one. So should NY. More instate people should show up next time but I know a carpool or two that went to Vinnie's tourney that were originally going to come here.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
1: Neo - GGs, congrats, thanks for the advice and **** yo
2: lie - GGs, congrats
3: ee - Ramona Flowers <3
4: vVv logic - GGs, 4 n 1!
5: D1AOS - GGs, tough Sonic
5: Noid - Everybody gets one lmao
7: famous - Nice seeing u
7: Berto - fgt ROB main imo ;3
9: dmanfamous - GGs
9: junebug - dem secondaries xD see u soon bro
13: bobby - PROF STEIN!?!?!?!?!
13: ssr - Welp

Lets work on reviving our scene guys, this venue is pretty damn ****, should def be getting double the people plus OOS D:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I mean, you really gotta talk to people. Putting a thread on smashboards is not enough these days. You need to have connections, talk to people, etc.

When I had a tournament in December, it attracted 6 completely brand new players to the game. Some of them only entered one event, but they had never played the game before in a tournament setting and got to experience it in that light. Not to mention a wide variety of locals and then pulled in NJ to the mix as well.

Make sure you talk to people and help them get rides. If you want your event to be successful, you need to put a lot of time and effort into helping everyone make it an awesome event. I got 30+ at the hagerstown venue and now metal monstar struggles to get 10. I got 40+ at my house in westminster in the middle of ****ing nowhere. When Omni ran xanadu, and I helped officiate, we had 64 people enter singles. Omni did a ton of hype work in terms of talking to people and encouraging people.

I think the only reason md/va is dying is because no one wants to put in any effort. It dies via being complacent with what we have.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
^agreed. plus i mean, "Omni presents" and Tant helping with bracket? wtf is a VGBC :troll:

but there's no hype anymore. no drama. rivalries are pretty non-existent and/or boring. crew battles don't really matter. i don't sense people being hungry any more and i guess that in turn makes me less hungry as well. there's no conflict. no gary and ash syndrones.

like right now i'm hungry to **** June with MK and smirk till my eyebrow flies off my forehead. and i still want to, but i guess im having a hard time finding people who are still as hungry as me. and unfortunately if they are as hungry as me i find they may be a bit out of reach i.e. EE.

when coney was coming to htc with tko and the others it really inspired me. my goal was to pound the MK/Falco vs. DDD matchup into Coney's brain hard and make him realize how smart of a player he is and how he's capable of playing Top 3 every tourny.

idk. at this point, i feel like we're just... going with the motions. and there doesn't seem to be a sense of community involvement where we'd like have my HTC's all the time and we'd have smashfests at GIMRs on the WEEKDAYS. what happened to that?

but yea tldr;... there's not enough hype WITHIN our region. no top players boppin heads and not enough mid-level players talkin smack sayin how they're gonna beat top players. we had major hype when OOS came and we MD/VA did work but i mean is there really any hype on the inside idk

if i started the HTC's up again who would even be interested

edit: also im pretty much addicted to SC2 and SF4 which take up a lot of my time. it doesn't require me having to travel to play and i can practice by myself so its more rewarding. neo disagrees with me, but i dont think the concept of training yourself in Brawl exists after a while. it just becomes a matter of match-up knowledge and experience

Keitaro

Smashfests do help out alot.

Aib can also secretely help out a bunch. When making a tourney thread on aib, send out a bunch of invites to every smasher you know in your state. Then send out some to players from other states that came to previous tournies in MD/VA.

Making an attendance list also helps bring hype. Pictures are cool too. I use gif images to trick fools with flash lightst and stuff :D

Noraa

Smash Lord
Md/Va brawl scene is pretty much dead....
It was nice seeing some people though at xanadu, il be playing with neo and berto for a while and might enter something but if its only going to be 10man tournies then il just stick with madden and mvc3.

Top Bottom