• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uprise of Long Island #4

Vinnie

Smash Master

DATE: Saturday May 28th, 2011

HOSTS: Vinnie

ALLISBRAWL LINK: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11924 - Please click "I am attending".

EVENTS:
Venue Fee: $5.00 (waived for first four people to bring a full setup, see bottom of post)
Doubles: $10.00 per person, $20.00 per team. Starts at 1pm
Singles: $10.00 per person. Starts when Loser's finals of doubles starts.
Random singles: $5.00 per person (only if we have time).

RULES
- 3 Stock
- 8 min. time limit
- Ledge grab limit: 40
- No Items
- Double Elimination
- All standing and walking infinites are banned except for ICs
- Mk's Infinite cape is BANNED
- DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
- First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
- If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
- If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player's realized it or not.
- If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
- Each set is Best of 3. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

PAYOUT:

Singles

1st -50%
2nd -25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

Doubles

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%

STAGES:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

SETUPS: First four people to bring a full setup will receive a free venue fee. A wii, brawl, and a NON-LCD TV.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Notice: last time people were complaining about this venue because it was too hot (and because of that, the power went out a few times). However, this time, it'll be during the spring, so it won't be that hot, so the power won't go out. Also there will be more fans throughout the venue.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I have prom the day before this, so idk if I'll be able to make it, but I'll attempt to since my date is going on vacation when I'd be going to this, so I probably won't have plans.

If I do go, should I bring my laptop and mic? Commentary time. xD

But yeah I'll try to go if I'm able to.

Broccoli

Smash Cadet
Me and Nen are gonna try to make it again.

Had a ton of fun last Saturday, hopefully we'll be a bit better

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I called you Broccoli too when I read the bracket. XD

Also not too sure if I can make this one or not. I wanna go to Ktar and search for knightmare and if I go to this that means i gotta take 3 saturdays off in a row. Unless this starts lateish idk. >.>

:phone:

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
There should be a livestream this time.

Looks great!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Hoping I can still come, some stuff came up for Saturday. If I do, I'm going to be playing fun characters, unless you try and go ICs on me or take me somewhere silly, of course.

Kinda hyped for fun characters.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
My first New York tournament in over a year??

Ill be here with Pwii, Remix, and False.

@ Dr.G: Normally you'd be on the way for me but since I'm heading up north to pick up people you're decently out the way :(

If you can find public transit close to the venue I can pick you up though.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Smurf will b here!! Someone good team with me ill pay ur dubz fee :)

Yo vinnie or will don't u guys live in LI I live in queenz now and am like 20 min away from there. I'm dying to play smash HIT ME UP

:phone:

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I need a ride home. Anyone heading back to NJ has to literally pass my house. It will be less than 5 minutes out of your way <3.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Can we get a MvC3 side event next time, if there is another
Uprise?

Top Bottom