• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jan13 '12 Console-Ready FD Codes w/ Character Select

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER SELECT VIA HOLDING BUTTON(S) FOR UP TO 4 PLAYERS.

{TL;DR mode ==> *DOWNLOAD Printer-Friendly .pdf HERE*. You will still need the guide/list.}

-example- For 1v1[2players] in addition to setting the last digit in first line of "FD-PLAYER# SELECT" to 1(the value for 2players), turn off all p3 and p4 codes so characters do not appear for those player slots and freeze the n64 after a minute.

Guide
N=D-Pad Up(n for NORTH and so on), E=D-Pad Right, S=D-Pad Down, W=D-Pad Left
LN,LE,LS,LW=L Button + Definition above
RN,RE,RS,RW=R Button + Definition above
You choose your character by holding down a button or combination of buttons before, during and after p1 presses START to begin a FD match. As soon as the match starts you can let go of the buttons and play on a 'balanced' stage.
The character that p1 selects w/chip on character select screen does not matter other than color select(i.e. Normal or Yellow Kirby, IF they hold down Kirby's button combo, R + D-pad Up).

List
(picture easy mode V)

N=Luigi
E=Mario
S=DK
W=Link
LN=Samus
LE=CF
LS=Ness
LW=Yoshi
RN=Kirby
RE=Fox
RS=Pika
RW=Jiggs

Spent 2-3 nights FIDDLIN' ROUND and found that button activation codes work on console, for multiple controller ports(NOT CODES :c). All codes tested up to and including 4p with varying character selections. Yeah its a ****-LOAD of more codes, uMAD? To change between 2-3-4 players you must still edit the first line of codes with 1, 2 or 3 and turn off player codes that you don't use. These button activator codes should work on emulator as well(editing the .cht file is faster than inputting on GS), though they have yet to be tested there by myself.

To those who can and would test these codes on console, have fun putting in the codes; after all the easy part is done for you.
Most of all, Enjoy.

Credit to Gaudy, Dark, and Nokaubure for the initial codes(http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300968), and to James S for the button activator code....GENERATOR(https://sites.google.com/site/jamesskingdom/Home/my-programs-by-james-s).

V--Older post--V
Yup. :cool:

Printer friendly, easy to read .pdf of the codes I used.

Video proof Final Destination 4p working on real N64.

The process of inputting codes took roughly 30~45mins. Now, this process should take around 15min (if not less than that) so long as you use the .pdf; which has codes listed with copying your last written line of code to the new line in mind.

Character modifier, team colors, stock modifier, team attack, and background change(:mad: SHOOTING STARS) all work without lag.

These codes were borrowed from one of the handful of Project64.cht files that are on my computer, so thank you to everyone who made them, as your codes work on console. I think it was Felipe, Dark, Gaudy and Nokaubure if I'm not mistaken. I didn't make the codes, I just ordered them for Gameshark use.

As far as I know I'm the first to have tested these codes on console.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
You should be able to, but game sharks are pieces of **** and will randomly delete all of the codes you have put in them.

:phone:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Something tells me that was more of a case of a slight misspelling of "definitely" followed by accidentally choosing the wrong word from the dictionary after right-clicking it.

tl:dr: go away Matt.

Excellent work KnitePhox, I look forward to testing this myself.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Something tells me that was more of a case of a slight misspelling of "definitely" followed by accidentally choosing the wrong word from the dictionary after right-clicking it.

tl:dr: go away Matt.

Excellent work KnitePhox, I look forward to testing this myself.
sux2nothave a console

i already tried this but then i realised
i have pal version and us codes do ****
but now that i hae ntsc version i will persist?
cheers for theconfirmation

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I have a console, just no av cables. Good thing I ordered some on ebay.
Are we going to Throwback's meet?

Sangoku

Smash Master
I have a console, just no av cables. Good thing I ordered some on ebay.
Are we going to Throwback's meet?
I once ordered one cable on ebay for gamecube (the same as n64) and it doesn't work well (the colours are too bright) so be carefull lol. If yours works well could you give me a link to the seller? (except if he's in australia...)

FD should definitely be added to neutral stages =D. I wonder if it would work on PAL...

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't understand why everybody hates the shooting stars. And no, I'm not biased because my old username was ShootingStar.

Maybe they're reminded of me, causing them to feel afraid at the thought of my intimidating presence.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Looks like I gotta dig up my gameshark hehe.

Can you save all the codes so you don't have to input them again?
Sure thing ballin. I will edit the main post with the codes in an easily read way for the sake of simple input to a Gameshark Pro 3.3. I honestly can't say whether or not these codes work for any other version (1.X, 2.X, 3.0, 3.1. or 3.2) as I've only got a 3.3 to test codes with.

You should be able to, but game sharks are pieces of **** and will randomly delete all of the codes you have put in them.
I suppose I'm lucky because my Gameshark saves all my codes just fine after input of each set followed by the "Exit & Save" button.

This is pretty cool. Although, I don't want to spend 30-45 minutes to set it up(also my gameshark sucks at booting up).
Inputting the base codes is a one time process, so long as your Gameshark saves codes well. It takes less time than inputting the base codes to change the code modifiers(there would not be many digits to change for regular play. i.e. how many players[1], characters[1-2 per player] and team color[3 per player]), maybe a few seconds beyond normal Gameshark booting.

I don't understand why everybody hates the shooting stars. And no, I'm not biased because my old username was ShootingStar.

Maybe they're reminded of me, causing them to feel afraid at the thought of my intimidating presence.
Personally, I dislike the shooting stars because of visibility while playing.

malva00

Smash Master
Pretty sure this kid stole my gameshark in middle school.

I just found him on facebook.

Maybe he'll confess now that he's an ADULT

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
With this thread alone you were cool.

With PDF link in OP, you are now "Cool Guy" status.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4txVqr1eNwc

Thanx

-Only 16 posts- Were you born a boss?
Uhh, on the low post count...didn't start lurking on this site till late '09-ish and never as frequently as the past few months. I don't post much because I would mostly have questions to which I would have answered by further lurking.

Short answer to "-Only 16 posts- Were you born a boss?"

YES.

ROFL @ noobtube vid

Probably later on today I will make a guide on how to make your own button activated codes for GS.

I only have access to button presses of Player1. This should probably be enough since in the character select menu (while hovering over your player box) you can safely press Z, L, R, Start, D-Pad, and C-Buttons without doing anything in game (so long as you have another player HOVER over a character with their character select chip) so that leaves many button combinations open for turning codes on and off.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I've never once had a problem with this (and I've used gamesharks plenty), but I supposed everytime you boot a cartridge there's a chance the memory will erase.

Guess that doesn't really answer the question, but I would say don't worry. Definitely nothing that should be stopping you from using Gamesharks.

Oh, and if you gonna buy one: "Passport Plus III" has shown me some good times (Plays PAL too).

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
The only thing that happened to me was that whenever I would play 1P mode, no matter which character I selected it would change him to mario
the same thing has been happening to me when testing button activators for FD char select.

if you find this line of code "800A4B3B 0000" that should be the problem, unless you too are testing button activators; in which case... can't help you..YET.

@Jhonny
WUT. first time ive heard anyone comment that i sound like someone famous

Not to sound like a noob or anything, but from what I heard doesn't n64 gamesharks **** up the the cartridge.
the best way to prevent anything going wrong (IN MY EXPERIENCE) is pretty simple.
ive been lucky to always have good gameshark hardware so i cant help if theres a burned chip of some sort on your gs board.

1. inspect game AND gameshark contacts to be sure they are clean.

if they arent, heres what i do:
lightly soak 1 or 2 cotton swabs/Q-Tips with either rubbing alcohol (pour a small amount on the screw-on-cap to dip the swabs in there vs a bottle) or window/glass cleaner (use same method as rubbing alcohol if it has the same kind of cap [refill bottles] OR if its a spray bottle, remove the nozzle and drip the cleaning liquid from the straw directly to the swab) and rub the lightly soaked swab on the contacts left to right across the contacts on BOTH SIDES while applying a bit more pressure in certain areas if there is corrosion (white/black/greenish chalky looking contacts)
i think water with some baking soda should work too as its what i use to clean industrial batteries' corrosion, but i haven't tried it YET.(NOT RECOMMENDED)
repeat as needed until contacts are shiny

2. be sure to line up the contacts of your GAME CARTRIDGE to the GAMESHARK.

(gamesharks line up to the n64 cartridge slot very well, but there can sometimes be a problem there too)
this is what prevents my gameshark (probably MANY others as well, who knows) from booting 99.9% of the time (other 0.01% is wrong keycode).
heres what i do: to be sure that the contacts line up properly, hold the game and gameshark in each hand with your palms and the parts to be connected facing inward/towards each other. as you join the game (MALE CONTACTS) and gameshark (FEMALE CONTACTS) slightly tilt each so that they are not level but in a formation as this: " / \ " (this is to be sure that each contact is connecting with the one its supposed to be connecting to) while lining up the pins to make them level/connect them to eachother (use one male and one female pin on either side as a guide) as this: " =- "
once the pins get lined up and the right keycode is on, it should work JUST FINE.

hope this helps

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
EDIT: DOUBLE POST. Sorry

the best way to prevent anything going wrong (IN MY EXPERIENCE) is pretty simple.
ive been lucky to always have good gameshark hardware so i cant help if theres a burned chip of some sort on your gs board.

1. inspect game AND gameshark contacts to be sure they are clean.

if they arent, heres what i do:
lightly soak 1 or 2 cotton swabs/Q-Tips with either rubbing alcohol (pour a small amount on the screw-on-cap to dip the swabs in there vs a bottle) or window/glass cleaner (use same method as rubbing alcohol if it has the same kind of cap [refill bottles] OR if its a spray bottle, remove the nozzle and drip the cleaning liquid from the straw directly to the swab) and rub the lightly soaked swab on the contacts left to right across the contacts on BOTH SIDES while applying a bit more pressure in certain areas if there is corrosion (white/black/greenish chalky looking contacts)
i think water with some baking soda should work too as its what i use to clean industrial batteries' corrosion, but i haven't tried it YET.(NOT RECOMMENDED)
repeat as needed until contacts are shiny

2. be sure to line up the contacts of your GAME CARTRIDGE to the GAMESHARK.

(gamesharks line up to the n64 cartridge slot very well, but there can sometimes be a problem there too)
this is what prevents my gameshark (probably MANY others as well, who knows) from booting 99.9% of the time (other 0.01% is wrong keycode).
heres what i do: to be sure that the contacts line up properly, hold the game and gameshark in each hand with your palms and the parts to be connected facing inward/towards each other. as you join the game (MALE CONTACTS) and gameshark (FEMALE CONTACTS) slightly tilt each so that they are not level but in a formation as this: " / \ " (this is to be sure that each contact is connecting with the one its supposed to be connecting to) while lining up the pins to make them level/connect them to eachother (use one male and one female pin on either side as a guide) as this: " =- "
once the pins get lined up and the right keycode is on, it should work JUST FINE.

hope this helps
Hmmmm.......I might just buy a gameshark now.
Appreciate the advice

blaze3927

Smash Ace
just as an fyi, if anythings going to fry, itll be the gameshark, and those can be reflashed with some difficulty.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I thought it was a new thread. How surprised I was when I saw I had posted in it lol.

Do these work on PAL? (I think it has already been asked, but I'm not sure)

And has anyone tryed on emu yet?

Thanks for the work btw!

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I'll test these on emu if you can tell me how the character select ones work. Can I add them all as one code, enable it, and let button combos do the work?

Also, this is still not great for online because you have to ask people what character they want and make them hold buttons.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'll test these on emu if you can tell me how the character select ones work. Can I add them all as one code, enable it, and let button combos do the work?

Also, this is still not great for online because you have to ask people what character they want and make them hold buttons.
i guess i should edit the OP and post how it works...
BASICALLY each player controls which character they get to spawn by pressing a certain button combination and holding it while player 1 starts "player 1mode"

also the button activators might need to all be seperate but it would be ultra easy to test as all u need to do from the get-go is copy/paste and change a few numbers

e.g. " Cheat89="1Arwings Off",08113140 0000,81131438 0000 "
manually change " Cheat89 " to " Cheat90 "
then copy the name of the code(or write ur own) in place of the name " 1Arwings Off "
then copy/paste the appropriate codes replacing the old codes " 08113140 0000,81131438 0000 " while keeping each comma, unspaced

THEN after that u just copy ur newly created code and paste it as many times as you want then change(copy/paste) the appropriate names and codes

if you're going to do this, use ctrl+c (copy) and ctrl+v (paste).......MUCH EASIER THAN CONSOLE CODE INPUT.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Battlefield would be cooler.

Someone should totally get on this.
battlefield, kirby beta 1, 2, race to the finish, and whateverother stage you can play from normal vs mode with button activators incoming for next pdf. Also not going to give anymore descriptions, just a full guide how to use a gameshark for noobs so that using one becomes ultra easy. I chose .pdf format for neutrality and portability( you can use it on all os's and read off smartphones too).

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
graveyard bump...

turns out all 3.0 and up are fair game for upgrading to 3.3

wether or not they can connect to a pc on their own is questionable

seems you have to stack a gs 3.0+ that doesn't work or can't connect to pc ontop of a gs 3.3 that works and connects to a pc, then update the working one with a WINDOWS98 pc and (hit or miss, it seems) the broken/old one will magically revive and be upgraded to 3.3 at the same time that the new/working one loses all its edited codes and they both gain stock 3.3 codes, features(mem card manager/code generator), and most importantly 3.3 KEYCODES

PWN

"Reflashing a Defective Device
The "Piggyback Reflash" was something discovered by someone that was just messing around, and it has given users a chance at reviving corrupted (unbootable) devices. This is like a defibrillator for GS/AR. Beware, however, it can be hazardous to the working device used in the procedure. The authors and device manufacturers are not liable for any damage caused to devices by attempting this.

A working GS/AR is required to do this. It is advisable to backup the code list before beginning. To begin, place a working device in the N64 and connect it to the PC with the DB25 cable. Then, put the defective device on top of the working one, and put the game on top of that. Now go to the Other Utilities in the N64 utils and click the Upgrade button just like normal. The result is BOTH devices being reflashed to that version! This has even been know to work for reflashing older (pre v3.1) hardware to v3.3. Of course, there's no DB25 port on the back of an old shark to hack with the PC programs, but the code generator and code type upgrades are nice.

If a working GS/AR with a port on the back is not available, but a GS/aR without an LPT is, it's worth a shot booting the good shark once with the fried one on top. Sometimes, it brings the dead one back to life"

SOURCE:http://doc.kodewerx.org/hacking_n64.html#using_gs_pc_connect

Top Bottom