• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI May

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12755999
June (next) tournament: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304056

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PathwaysSmash
AllIsBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11949
Springfield, MO discussion thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298346
Host: Ugvts; Organizer: Terral

No venue fee; will feature free side brackets and $1 entry main brackets, with all going into the prize pot to be divided 60/30/10. Please bring your own controller. The starting time is currently undecided, but the tentative plan is to start at 3:00 PM.

May tournament will feature $1 per person singles brackets in both Brawl and Melee, with payouts for top three. Additionally, we will have a doubles bracket for Melee, and a doubles bracket or special event for Brawl.

If your match is on a recorded setup, please use identifying nicknames so that Ugvts has an easier time keeping track of who is who when he uploads them.

March tournament will feature a normal double elimination singles bracket, and a double elimination Melee singles bracket. We will also try to do doubles brackets for both of these games. If the match is being recorded, please use identifying nicknames so that Ugvts has an easier time keeping track of who is who when he uploads them.

In parallel, we will hopefully be running a Super Street Fighter 4 double elimination bracket, but this is not promised.

If we end up having side tournaments, they will likely be single elimination, and games may include: Soul Calibur 4, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and Super Smash Bros 64 (Virtual Console). There is also the possibility of a Super Street Fighter IV double elimination tournament.

If you plan on showing up, it would be ideal to contact Terral in advance. This is to ensure that we know how many people to expect, and won't start the tournament before everyone has arrived.

Tournaments are scheduled for the third Saturday of each month, but this may change on a monthly basis.

For the curious, there should be some kind of food and soda, and the venue has water fountains. Expect pizza.

If you think you may need to text someone, Terral can provide a cell phone number.

Venue Details

Name: Pathways United Methodist Church
Address: 1232 E. Dale Street
Springfield, Missouri, United States

Don't break anything, keep to the rooms where the tournament is in. The tournament will most likely be in the basement; facing the main parking lot, there is a dark metal door by a window and drain-thing, inside the door the basement stairs are to the left.

Rules

Brawl:
Double elimination
3 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (or 2 of 3 if players agree)

Extended rules:
- Extending the duration of Meta Knight's dimensional cape is banned
- Pausing is not allowed without both players' consent
- Infinites should not carry on beyond 250% damage
- In the event of a timed-out game involving Meta Knight, if an MK has a ledge grab count over 40, that player loses the match
- Sudden Death is ignored: the result of the match is determined by stock, and then percentage
- No stalling (see SBR definition, but it's pretty obvious)
- Chaingrabbing to KO off of a static walk-off ledge is banned (static i.e. Bridge of Eldin or Yoshi's Island (Melee); doing so on Delfino Plaza or Castle Siege would be legal)
- If a true tie occurs, resolve with a rematch (same characters+stage) at one stock, three minutes
- Any case not mentioned here should probably fall back onto SBR rules

Match-up specific rules:
- If a character matchup is chosen that has a character-specific infinite or near-infinite, if the character with an infinite counter-picked the other player, the disadvantaged player may choose to reset the character selection process (they choose a different character, opponent counter-picks again; this can happen only once)
Affected:
Dedede's standing infinite (Mario, Luigi, Samus, Donkey Kong)
Marth's infinite re-grab (Ness, Lucas)

First round of a set:
- select characters for first set
- strike out stages from starter: one player strikes a stage, other player strikes two stages, first player chooses the stage from the two remaining (1221)
- each player may ban a stage for the set
After:
- loser chooses counter-pick stage*
- winner chooses character
- loser chooses character

- When choosing a character, multi-character slots are to be specified (ie ZSS or Samus, Shiek or Zelda); Pokemon Trainer can alternatively be randomized

* You can't counter-pick a stage that you've already won on in the set, unless agreed upon

Stage List:
Starter:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium

Counter-pick:
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Doubles rules follow BBR standards
Friendly fire is on, life stealing allowed, etc.

---
Super Street Fighter 4:
Play for best of 3 best of 3, with finals being best of 5 best of 3. Double elimination. Random stage, since picking is pointless.

---
Melee:
4 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (or 2 of 3 if players agree)

Character choice/stage selection is identical to Brawl's rules.

Stage List:
Starter:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter-pick:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering if maybe I should take Brawl Minus for the May tourney. Everyone seemed to want to play it, but we couldn't due to technical difficulites. We don't have to do Brawl Minus crews, but we could do singles or something. Lol.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Linkz, you might as well bring Brawl Minus. There seems to be almost as much demand for that as there is demand for Brawl.

Also, HYPE. I'm hoping we see a good number of new people at this one, and it would be awesome if we got the traveling players back. If only everyone who has ever been to one of the tournaments could all show up to the same one, then we'd have like 30 people.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Linkz, you might as well bring Brawl Minus. There seems to be almost as much demand for that as there is demand for Brawl.

Also, HYPE. I'm hoping we see a good number of new people at this one, and it would be awesome if we got the traveling players back. If only everyone who has ever been to one of the tournaments could all show up to the same one, then we'd have like 30 people.
Alright, I'll take Brawl Minus. I'll preset everything at home in order to avoid having to worry about moving files around once at the church.

And 30 people? Really? Wow. Now I'd really like everyone that's ever gone to show up! I'd love a 30 person tourney. Especially if everyone entered all events.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I could bring Brawl- too, for an extra set up. Also, we should make it our goal to have 30 people, no matter who it is, even casuals. Everyone should try to bring at least someone new. One new person for each of the people that normally show up should be close to 30.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...I know three people I might be able to interest. I'll see what I can do. Four if you count my sister, lol. However, she doesn't think she'd want to go on account of her being a girl and her age.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Well if she wouldn't have any fun then it would be silly to bring her. You should definitely try for the other three, though. Hopefully we can all find at least someone new to bring. Also, I talked to someone who knows DrewBear who is a beast in Brawl who might show up.

:phone:

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Well if she wouldn't have any fun then it would be silly to bring her. You should definitely try for the other three, though. Hopefully we can all find at least someone new to bring. Also, I talked to someone who knows DrewBear who is a beast in Brawl who might show up.

It's not that she wouldn't have any fun, she said she'd just feel out of place. She does show some interest in going though. I'll see what happens.

An actual brawl pro might actually come? =O
Okay, now I'm definitely hyped. >=)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I don't even know the guy's name. I either spaced it out or I never learned it, I'm not sure which. His Ike might be as good as Phil's, but better in a competitive sense due to more match-up experience. I think he also had a good Pikachu, but I might be remembering wrong. He was keeping up with me when I played him a long time ago.

Also, Zack won't be able to make it to another tournament as he will not be in Missouri after the semester ends. I guess he didn't have that great of a time since he had to leave pretty early, he mentioned that last I talked to him. Ugvts and I are going to try to bring a mutual friend who may have shown up once in the past year, but was at the first few. I'm hoping that we get more people considering the semester is coming to a close.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
What if she's like 11? He never said how old she is.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
What does that have to do with if she's hot or not?
Well, if she's 11 then there's always the possibility that she has a temperature deficiency, as the early teens is when such a horrible disease can strike. I'm sure a gentleman such as yourself would never intend to hurt a child's feelings by brining up the sensitive fact that they are little more than a walking, talking pile of snow and ice.

So you see... Crow Magnum

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
It's very likely that we'll be getting a few new OTC recruits, and that guy who knows DrewBear. Also, his name is Alan and I need to remember to text him tomorrow about the tournament because I've been forgetting since Tuesday.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It's very likely that we'll be getting a few new OTC recruits, and that guy who knows DrewBear. Also, his name is Alan and I need to remember to text him tomorrow about the tournament because I've been forgetting since Tuesday.
Well hell yeah. Drew also says that he knows who you're talking about now and is excited, haha

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
He actually beat my Olimar with his Ike in one of the two games I played against him last week. That's pretty badass.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure that's impossible. You are lying

...unless. Could it be? Maybe he is CROW MAGNUM!!!

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
It's great to hear you guys are able to make it back this month. You've been doing better, I take it? We are thinking we'll top 20 people again. We'll have a lot of people who are new to our tournaments, and we should also be getting several who are new to the competitive scene in general. It should be interesting, and hopefully we won't scare anyone off.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm gonna be money matching two types of people

1. Scrubs
2. Girls

So if Saffy shows up or if Linkz brings his sister, they'd better bring some money with them.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
My sister doesn't play Melee. However, she'll gladly money match you in Brawl. Oh, did I mention she's a Zelda main like me? And that she can even beat me occasionally? Lololol.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
oh btw i've actually switched to brawl exclusively. and i assume the tournament settings are ganon only with unlimited time and new pork city as the only legal stage as per normal?

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
oh btw i've actually switched to brawl exclusively. and i assume the tournament settings are ganon only with unlimited time and new pork city as the only legal stage as per normal?
I would hope so

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I think you're breaking the Geneva Convention just in speaking of the Stage-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
1 should be good. I'll try to get there (and get Ugvts to get there) some minutes earlier than 1 so that we can start playing sooner, but I wouldn't advise anyone else to show up early since I'm not sure how difficult it will be to get Ugvts there early.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Epic HYPE. Event starts in just two hours. I hope everyone can make it.

Jace08

Smash Lord
really great seeing you guys! (even if it was only for an hour :c sighh family... I wanted to stay longer so bad!)

definitely saw a lot of improvement from where I was standing, keep it up dudes!

Saffy

Smash Ace
Awesome tournament! You guys are all soo sweet and adorable. I enjoyed it soo much! So worth the 40 I had to give my parents for Gas.
Everyone is very close skill wise when it comes to brawl, I think that's really cool!

I'll do seperate people shoutouts if you do a results thread but congrats on kicking butt linkz. and with a low tier~ Woo

I'm still learning all your guys names though D:.

Also if you were the guy who played melee with me I didn't get your name , you were really cool though. I hope we can play or hang out maybe sometime. (I think your name was ryan based off your tag)
Oh and thanks for playing melee with me (this includes anyone who did play with me lol), I totally got *****.. but it was fun. MAYBE with enough convincing i'll start playing more melee.

I honestly think you guys have a really great smash scene, and I feel honored to be part of it :D. I'll try my hardest to make it out next time. <3

GG's to all, you all are really good!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Good games everyone. Saffy it was nice meeting you. Thanks for hooking me up with such a sweet deal on the TV. Terral almost always posts a results thread so you can do some shoutouts there.

These are the standings from what I can remember for melee:
Singles
1. Sinister
2. Akuma
3. Zivilyn Bane
4. LinkMO
5. Zantetsu

doubles
1. Akuma & Sinister
2. Zantetsu & Zivilyn Bane
3. DrewBear & LinkMO

That's all I know/remember. Had a lot of fun, will post shoutouts in results thread also.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Good games everyone. Saffy it was nice meeting you. Thanks for hooking me up with such a sweet deal on the TV. Terral almost always posts a results thread so you can do some shoutouts there.

These are the standings from what I can remember for melee:
Singles
1. Sinister
2. Akuma
3. Zivilyn Bane
4. LinkMO
5. Zantetsu

doubles
1. Akuma & Sinister
2. Zantetsu & Zivilyn Bane
3. DrewBear & LinkMO

That's all I know/remember. Had a lot of fun, will post shoutouts in results thread also.
Actually my parents wanted to give you the money back and just let you have it. I told them about you needing a TV for your daughter and they just wanted to give it to you. So next time I see you remind me about that :D Also sorry about no remote ;=; I felt soo bad.

But gg's , you really **** in Melee it's amazing about those grab combo's you were doing.. EVEN THOUGH I CANT TECH OUT OF THEM. Your brawl peach was actually really good too O_O I give you props if you never play brawl.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Yes, I will see if I can get results up tomorrow, but I work and have chores to get done so it might get delayed. I will definitely have them up on Monday, though, because I have more time before work. Results will be uploaded to AllIsBrawl, and I'll have a results thread on SmashBoards.

It was great you just happened to be able to stop by Jace, it was good meeting you and playing that one match that I managed to get in before you had to go which I wasn't at all warmed up for.

And thanks to Columbia for making another appearance, I look forward to you guys coming back for future tournaments and (hopefully) seeing you at whatever tournament it is that I'm going to try my best to go to that I was first told about today.

To Saffy, glad you could make it also, though this is redundant since I also did this shoutout on AllIsBrawl. Also, I believe the person you're talking about is LinkMO because I noticed you were playing him for a bit. And I will definitel agree, Ziv has a very good Brawl Peach and he should definitely practice a little more to get a slightly better feel for the game.

Top Bottom