• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Quebec Power Rankings - Updated 9/26/2011

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
Quebec Power Rankings

Panelists - Stroumbert, DarkShadow, Techiyo

With the old panelists having lost interest in keeping the actual Quebec Power Rankings updated, there was need for a new team of panelists to take over. With the new responsibility that was given to them by the old panelists, this new team will do its best to bring an update after every tournament which sees significant Quebec representation (this includes non-Quebec tournaments).

Honorable mentions: tarextherex (:yoshi2:)

Considered tournaments

Here will be kept a list of all the tournaments used to make the PR. For now, we have, from oldest to newest:

Procedure, criteria and goal

Following the same logic as for the previous PR, this one takes into account all tourney results, starting with "Battle of the Ice Empire". So far, this means that the results from 8 tournaments are currently being used to determine the ranks (see above for the list).

In order to keep the PR as objective as possible, only two factors play a role in the determination of the ranks: Performance (i.e. placings) in singles and the people players lost or won against. It's based on these two elements that the ranks were determined by common accord between the three panelists. However, keep in mind that this PR is only an attempt at representing the players' global tournament strength, and that it doesn't mean that a higher player will always win against lower-ranked players. What is drawn here is a general portrait only. Obviously, all ranked players must be residents of the province of Quebec.

Current status of the PR

With already 8 tournaments used for results ever since the "fresh start", the standings are getting more and more solid. Now, the main factor that will cause the rankings to change will be actual improvement of the players on it, which is what is wanted to begin with. Get training!

Previous PRs

June 19, 2011

May 14th, 2011

May 1st, 2011

Old PR thread - Click me!

Note: If people have questions regarding certain players' ranks, then the panelists will try to answer them to the best of their abilities. Keep it rational, though, and keep in mind the criteria used to determine the ranks.

swordgard

Smash Hero
With the new responsibility that was given to them by the old panelists, this new team will do its best to bring an update after every tournament which sees significant Quebec representation (this includes non-Quebec tournaments).
Wheres mah updatez?

swordgard

Smash Hero
I don't mind lol. PR is just self-validation, and to be 100%, I couldn't care less what people think of my brawl skill level, it won't change where it is. However you guys said update after every tourney, but sbert pointed out to me "significant attendance", aka arbitrary line so he can do what he wants.

Place me last, I'l still steal your money : D.

Hells

Smash Apprentice
dat precious money shall be mine in july >:D haters gonna hate

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Pappy's tournament will count towards the PR, and so will the one in Toronto that was yesterday. We'll post the update soon enough.

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
The PR has been updated with the results from Pappy's tourney as well as from Showdown in Downtown. Congrats to Stef on making it to #10!

Gichan

Smash Champion
Do you guys scare away your newcomers or something? lolol. Just sandbag a bit, if you guys keep 3 stocking noobs they will be too demoralized to come back lol. We do that here and it works for us.

Top Bottom