• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delta Upsilon VII Full Results (April 30, 2011)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Delta Upsilon VII Results
April 30th, 2011

Thanks everyone for making it out! I had a lot of fun and I hope everyone else did to! I want to give a HUGE thank you to the keist for making helping run the event while I was gone, without your help this event would have had to have been canceled so THANK YOU! Also a big shout out and thank you to everyone who brought setups to this, I was a bit worried at first but we ended up having 8 full setups for 26 entrants which was great! Also thanks to Hael Phael for running the consolation tournament!

The Next DU will likely be in the summer sometime. Not sure yet. It will be the last DU so I'll see if I can get something special to happen like free drinks and pizza for everyone or maybe pay out something rediculus like top 9-12 using some of the venue fee money. Details to come.

If you left a controller (black) at the venue PM me your info and I will try to arrange to get it to you. Also if you left a cell phone at the venue please PM me your info and I'll try to get that to you as well.

Thank you everyone for making it out and I hope everyone had a fun time and made it home safely!

Singles Bracket

Singles Results (26 Entrants, $260 in Prizes)
1: Lain :metaknight:
2: Y.b.M. :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2:
3: Infern :snake:
4: Blue Rogue :wario:
5: Fonz :lucario: :metaknight: :ganondorf:
5: Kel :metaknight: :falco:
7: Mr. Eric :rob:
7: Links24 :falco: :toonlink:
9: KB :peach: :metaknight: :pikachu2:
9: Quivo :toonlink: :diddy:
9: Technical Chase :dedede: :metaknight: :snake:
9: WTP :metaknight: :kirby2:
13: SneakyTako :rob:
13: Bowyer :metaknight:
13: Moose :marth: :snake:
13: Kassandra :metaknight: :peach:
---Pools Cutoff---
17: Forward Air Rage :yoshi2:
17: Gio :metaknight:
17: Hael Phael :pikachu2:
17: Ralph Cecil :snake:
21: The Keist :dedede:
21: Juu :kirby2: :pit: :sheik:
21: Blind :lucario: :metaknight:
21: Jiffy :wario: :ness2:
25: DJ Gimmeh :lucario:
25: Khaze :falco:

Doubles Bracket

Doubles Results (5 Teams, $100 in Prizes)
1: Infern & Y.b.M. ($55.00)
2: Kel & Fonz ($30.00)
3: Lain & AlphaZealot ($15.00)
4: Blue Rogue & Jiffy
5: Kassandra & SneakyTako

Consolation Bracket

Consolation Results (10 Entrants, $20 in Prizes)
1: Ralph Cecil ($10.00)
2: Jiffy ($5.00)
3: Forward Air Rage ($3.00)
4: Hael Phael ($2.00)
5: The Keist
5: Gio
7: Blind
7: Juu
9: khaze
9: DJ Gimmeh

Count

Smash Champion
Man, Y.b.M and Infern have really been putting in work lately..in both singles and doubles. Too good.

Grats to other placers and lain for winning. Also good shiz to ralph cecil, hael, and other placers for makin' that money in the consolation bracket!

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
2: Y.b.M. ($58.00)It was fun in pools. ^_^
4: Blue Rogue ($20.00)It was fun playing friendlies with you, & thanks for pointing out that bit about me hiding in shiled. I'm really gonna have to work on that. o-o
5: Fonz ($10.00)It was fun in pools. That Ganon was really good. ^_^
7: Mr. Eric =D Yummy Pineapple!
7: Links24 Congrats on getting 7th. I think we should have some random Snake dittos sometime. =D
9: Technical Chase It was fun in pools. ^_^ I pretty much made my shout out on the Snake boards lol.
13: Kassandra GGs in pools. =D
17: Forward Air Rage =D
17: Hael Phael =D
17: Ralph Cecil You should've done better in pools. >_<
21: The Keist You & Phael had one of the most fun matches for me to watch at the tourney lol.
21: Juu It was fun in the consolation bracket. ^_^ Your Sheik was fun to play against.
21: Blind =D
21: Jiffy We played 3 sets against each other at this tourney lol. It was fun in GFs of the consolation bracket.
AZ: Great tourney. =D

What's The Point

Smash Master
Brawl Singles character usage gogogo
Mostly accurate but some guess work.

1: Lain :metaknight:
2: Y.b.M. :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2:
3: Infern :snake:
4: Blue Rogue :wario:
5: Fonz :metaknight: :lucario: :ganondorf:
5: Kel :metaknight: :falco:
7: Mr. Eric :rob:
7: Links24 :falco: :toonlink:
9: KB :peach: :metaknight: :pikachu2:
9: Quivo :toonlink: :diddy:
9: Technical Chase :dedede: :metaknight: :snake:
9: WTP :metaknight: :kirby2:
13: SneakyTako :rob:
13: Bowyer :metaknight:
13: Moose :marth: :snake:
13: Kassandra :metaknight: :peach:
---Pools Cutoff---
17: Forward Air Rage :yoshi2:
17: Gio :metaknight:
17: Hael Phael :pikachu2:
17: Ralph Cecil :snake:
21: The Keist :dedede:
21: Juu :kirby2: :pit: :sheik:
21: Blind :lucario: :metaknight:
21: Jiffy :wario: :ness2:
25: DJ Gimmeh :lucario:
25: Khaze :falco:

What's The Point

Smash Master
I went with either what I saw, or who the person mains if I'm certain they played them. Also if the character was used to win games or legitimately try to advance. So for instance, no :mario2: or :metaknight: by Infern despite the fact that he used them in our pool.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm listing who I legitimately used to advance in bracket.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I only used pit, Marth, DDD, and diddy Kong only in pools, so ZSS and Kirby should be the only characters considered for me....since those were the only ones i played in bracket....

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Also, I'll try to have vids up by tomorrow. I have Winners Semi Finals, Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
My boy Links did mad work at this tourney. Beat Fonz and almost Y.b.M. if I heard correctly.

clowsui

Smash Legend
KB lost to Lainzy and Fonzy.

Links good stuff beating Fonz with Lucario...even though he's a monster at that MU. Guess your Falco is legit :redface: but you won't beat me with any of your characters 'cept ICs.

Nice job @ Infern/YbM beating Kel/Fonz for the first time in a long time, maybe ever?

Y'all better go to Kiest's

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Tech Chase in bracket, everyone in my pool except Lain. Kinda meh but just came back from a 2 month hiatus so it's whatevs.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
are you planning on making it to HOBO 32?

lain on gio's comp:

Can we get some videos from this tourney? I have a lot of matches saved as MK on different wii's. I'd especially like the WSF, WF, and GF set I had on the tv in the corner.

also, can you post characters, i used all MK :yeahboi:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Shoutouts:

1: Lain :metaknight: wow, did you really go all mk? Lmao it was good seeing you again! :D
2: Y.b.M. :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: wowsa, I thought for sure you were going to win this. @_@ good stuff!
3: Infern :snake: yay, I didn't have to play you in pools this time
4: Blue Rogue :wario: I really wanted to play you in bracket. :X be nice to links24!
5: Fonz :lucario: :metaknight: :ganondorf: so much ganon in pools, I should've went mk second game instead of peach. @_@
5: Kel :metaknight: :falco: you aren't black
7: Mr. Eric :rob: awesome seeing you! I gotta rethink my mindset when I play bestest friends in tournament, I have to put that friendship aside and focus on just winning for tournament matches @_@
7: Links24 :falco: :toonlink: y u go falco? Just remember that everytime you play falco your zelda fandom dies inside a little more each time you pick him. Lmao jk <3 such a good wife. o and look out for my foxxxxx
9: KB :peach: :metaknight: :pikachu2: awesome seeing you again! :D you should totally cosplay starkiller, and ill be vader. Keep practicing for whobo! You can't give up yet!
9: Quivo :toonlink: :diddy: wish we coulda played
9: Technical Chase :dedede: :metaknight: :snake: wow, I really thought I had that set, but I guess I was wrong. @_@
9: WTP :metaknight: :kirby2: imma learn the mk ditto again and totally beat you! :)
13: SneakyTako :metaknight: :rob: y u no sneaky
13: Moose :marth: :snake: moooosee! Omg so fun seeing you and playing you! My fox will always beat you....forever...and ever
13: Kassandra :metaknight: :peach: youssaaa hoooooeeeeee
---Pools Cutoff---
17: Forward Air Rage :yoshi2: ill be happy to teach you mk or peach anytime!
17: Gio :metaknight: it was nice meeting you and talking to you! The nicest MI mk! Lol there's so many MI mks! xD
17: Hael Phael :pikachu2: bring float more!
17: Ralph Cecil :snake: omg, you're so tricky!! D:
21: The Keist :dedede: c'mon keisty! Canes was awesome. Stop thinking of banned pokemon strats and start thinking of legal ones!
21: Juu :kirby2: :pit: :sheik: pick a main!
21: Jiffy :wario: :ness2: ***** wat what u doin here?
25: Khaze :falco: dem sunglasses!

I swear ill learn the mk ditto! Even if I have to move to michigan! D:

:phone:

ForwardAirRage!

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

1: Lain :metaknight: good **** on winning this! y u no like yoshehhh!!!??
7: Mister Eric :rob: Yummy pineapples! :D
7: Links24 :falco: :toonlink: loved playing friendlies with you! that toonlink is awesome!
9: KB :peach: :metaknight: :pikachu2: GGs in pools! i need to learn that peach MU!
9: Technical Chase :dedede: :metaknight: :snake: nice friendlies! :D
13: Sneaky Tako :rob: GGs in pools! :D
13: Moose :marth: :snake: soooo fun playing that marth!
13: Kassandra :metaknight: :peach: thanks for help on the peach MU. nice friendlies as well!
---pools cutoff---
17: Forward Air Rage! :yoshi2: do better! :p
17: Hael Phael :pikachu2: :D loved our matches phael!
17: RalphCecil :snake: :D yummy pineapple!
21: Blind :lucario: :D yummy pineapple!
21: The Kiest :dedede: we played sooo much this tourney!
21: Juu :kirby2: :pit: :sheik: GGs!
21: Jiffy :wario: :ness2: nice games!
AZ: awesome tourney!!!!!!!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
lain on gio's comp:

Can we get some videos from this tourney? I have a lot of matches saved as MK on different wii's. I'd especially like the WSF, WF, and GF set I had on the tv in the corner.

also, can you post characters, i used all MK :yeahboi:
Your *** can wait like everyone else for the vids. Shhhh.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
wtf why do I have MK by my name? I used 0 mk this entire tourny lol.

I used more falco and D3, but I don't know if I won any games with them lmao.

EDIT: not you Fairrage, you just c/p from the OP. AZ has MK by my name, and first for some reason.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
This is one of the reasons KB is one of my favorite Brawlers. He actually puts a the matches he records unlike most people. Any tournament KB is at I wanna play on his set up... I have a lot of matches that should have been put up in the past, but they are just marinating in a Wii somewhere... Thanks KB you the best....

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Ugh I feel tainted I went back to :snake: to win the set vs Kassandra. But are we including bracket or pools characters also. If its just bracket then it should just be a :dedede: by me. If we're including pools...then yeah the character info for me is right..*shudders* lol

Anyways...

TC'S SEXY SHOUTOUTS!

1: Lain - Yo baby you ****. Way to rep MI and get your revenge on Y.b.M from Gameyard III. And lol at you winning with all MK. ****.

2: Y.b.M. - Hey pimpin' good games in pools. Close set. And thanks for letting me know I got better. It means a lot.

3: Infern - I hate you. You have my money. <_< lol nah good games. I guess the gap between us is larger than I thought..but that's more motivation to come back and get your money next time. Be ready. God Kais!

5: Fonz - Good games in pools. Your Ganon is hella scary..lol

5: Kel - Nice to see you again.

7: Mr. Eric - Fun friendlies. Cool guy. Your ROB does strange stuff and it works. I like that.

7: Links24 - GGs. I should have given you more of a fight. Next time though. ;)

9: KB - Good games again. I'll get you one of these days.

9: Technical Chase - Meh.

9: WTP - Sandbagger.

13: SneakyTako - Nice to see you again. Bad turn of luck having to run into Fonz so earlier in Loser's. It happens.

13: Bowyer - 1%, Jason!!!!

13: Moose - Good games in bracket. You're like the 964874th Marth I've played in tournament in the last 4 months..lol

13: Kassandra - Fun set. Next time don't defeat yourself before the set starts ..lol You're a solid player. Just learn the ditto better. I have faith in you <3
---Pools Cutoff---
17: Forward Air Rage - Yoshi is hella broken. Fun friendly.

17: Gio - SCRUB. You were supposed to make that BIG money in Amateur bracket.

17: Hael Phael - Fun friendlies and nice guy.

17: Ralph Cecil - lol funny set. I pretty much left you my shoutout in the Snake boards also.

21: The Keist - DUDE you are awesome for housing us. Thank you soo much. It was a lot of fun :D

21: Juu - Fun friendlies at Kiest's place. You have improved.

21: Jiffy - Good games in pools yo.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I only went diddy in pools, and got 4th seed lol...

Anyway, PJ, I was playing that Aggro TL all day.

I chase Robs off stage and don't give a ****. Even if I lost. : (

Top Bottom