• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors - Edmonton, AB, Canada - May 1, 2011

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Doubles
]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx350/brningpyre/doubles-bracket-2011-04-01.gif

1: Luke is a ****ing *** (Alphicans and Frio) ($60.00) :gw: :metaknight: :pikachu2: :olimar:
2: Why're All the Smurfs Blue? (Lime and Diminisht) ($30.00) :metaknight: :marth:
3: Buffet Royale Chocolate Fountain (T-block and pyre) ($10.00) :wario: :pt: :lucas:
4: Massage Parlour Twins (Fiji and Arsenal) :lucario: :metaknight:
5: Underage and Overperform (Yoshara and Brown) :marth: :wolf:

Singles Pools

Pool 1
KillLock
Diminisht
Limee
Brown

Pool 2
Alphicans
Dragonz
Solaris
Kuraudo

Pool 3
Fiji
Chaos
T-block
pyre

Pool 4
Arsenal
DTP
Frio
Yoshara

Singles Bracket

1: KillLock ($90.00) :snake: :marth: :metaknight:
2: Alphicans ($45.00) :metaknight: :gw: :falco:
3: DTP ($15.00) :peach:
4: T-block :pt: :diddy:
5: Arsenal :zelda: :sheik: :metaknight:
5: Fiji :snake: :metaknight: :wario:
7: Limee :diddy: :metaknight:
7: Dragonz :marth:
9: Diminisht :marth: :olimar:
9: Kuraudo :sonic:
9: Yoshara :wolf:
9: Frio :olimar: :pikachu2:
13: pyre :wario:
13: Chaos :falco: :marth:
13: Solaris :samus2:
13: Brown :marth:

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
gg everyone, was fun and next time i'll REMEMBER TO BRING MY CONTROLLER

shoutouts

jarret: nice hangin with you dude, haven't seen you in forever mang. next time i'll come more prepared instead of playing so ****ty against samus :(

david: YEEEEA **** COMMENTARY and once again my falco > your fox :)

jack: we almost took that crew battle but we failed :( at least we finally played melee together haha

darren: 292 % lololol maybe next time you'll stick around and play some melee with me!

jamie: gg jamie, you have a lot of potential in melee but you gotta learn to control your character a bit better. i suggest you try out marth / sheik / falcon cause they're easier to handle, or just stick with peach and DOWNSMASH

mike h: thanks for hosting, was fun stuff!

maiko: thanks for hosting too, too bad you had to leave before crews though :(

keith: thanks for hosting too lolol, and your sheik is pretty ****.

dan: where you at?

mark: gg beating my crew :(

fraser: gg man too bad you didn't come earlier :(

any brawlers / people i forgot to mention: gg hope we can play next tourney (maybe i'll actually enter LOL)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Gotta give props to Jack. I definitely thought I had his snake on lock this tournament, and after first match of winner's finals I thought for sure he'd go marth. Definitely paid off not going marth, because I was very confident vs him as well. I am beating myself up for not simply going to a neutral game 5 and then cping your snake with falco, but then again how could I predict you'd somehow get a MK that could contend with mine? You played norfair like a total beast, and I was severely outplayed on that stage. Good stuff.

Overall I was pretty salty over how GF panned out, especially game 2, but w.e I could have handled that better :/.

GGs.

Also special shout out to Darren for being a complete hero, and I don't even know if Kelvin would have beaten you, and I think there was a very good chance a repeat of you vs Mike happening. Darren is definitely a top 10 player in AB.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I had a blast being with you guys again.

Next time I'll be the one coming out on top against Darren. The race is on. AB is too legit period.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Thanks Luke, I did some pretty clutch ****. Especially game 2 of of GFs with that CG combo. And yeah my MK is getting up there, that's for sure. Our sets were fun, really enjoyed winners finals considering it went to 5.

And Darren you put in the work homie. That peach is sex.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I wish more of the loser's bracket was streamed; there were a lot of matches I would've liked to have seen. But, WF and GF were really fun to watch anyway. Good job Jack! :upsidedown:

So did Darren have a new controller for this tournament? Was that all he needed all this time? =0 He'd better plan on going to tournaments more regularly~

<3 Alberta.

:005:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh man thanks guys haha
I appreciate it :)

Tbh I was gonna ditch this tourney. I haven't been feeling all that great lately. Been a bit depressed about ****. But I'm glad I came, I had fun.

GGs to everyone I played :p

@Jake, nah I used my controller lol
It works fine now, for some reason.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
gg's everyone it was a lot of fun! :)

I'm going to start working on this game more =P

MeSSi

Smash Ace
ggs everyone. darren too good.

i wish we didnt have to forfeit while in the middle of the losers bracket. i wanted to play darren and mike wong more.

and luke, i think kelvin beat darren in pools but maybe the momentum of beating everyone else could have gave darren an advantage if they played.

Also, everyone should get together more regularly this summer so that we can all work on some of our bad MU's before going to genesis. i already talked to mike wong about this... who would be down?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I think I would've lost to Kelvin tbh. I would've put up a fight (and maybe I would've gotten lucky like I did throughout the tourney lol) but Kelvin would've won I'm pretty sure :o

Limeee

Smash Champion
darrens too good, hes actually the person i wanted to lose to the most.
alvin im down for smashfests before genesis, gotta get that diddy down. i actually love brawl again.
mike w - ill give you your 50$ next time we meet, make sure to remind me haha, diddy dittos are stupid lol well play more friendlies next time your diddy is definately baller
dan - your bad
tyler - we gotta play more melee son i love that game
luke - i didn't play you at all i miss you :(
frio - im not even gonna call you by your first name cuz youa re the biggest troll i swear. its honestly pretty gay of you to try and stall the tournament, even if you thought it was funny. i am dissapoint :(
brown - SLEEPOVER!
darren - you get two shoutouts because your amazing
fraser - good for you to come man. in the friendly we played, i played like ****, but i still saw that your not rusty at all, it almost seems like you got better. trust me man, you gotta keep coming cuz your good!
can't think of anybody else :/
:009:

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
efff mark, trying to stall through pools and getting 3rd cuz of it, so i lose to you first round and then i end up facing brandon cuz he came late and was willing to take bottom seed....

i'm so salty lol, i was glad when i had taken 2nd in my pool but then went downhill and ended up last place

edit: also keith i used both falco and marth

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
efff mark, trying to stall through pools and getting 3rd cuz of it, so i lose to you first round and then i end up facing brandon cuz he came late and was willing to take bottom seed....

i'm so salty lol, i was glad when i had taken 2nd in my pool but then went downhill and ended up last place

edit: also keith i used both falco and marth
Blame finals for screwing you guys up and not giving me a solid date in advance to take time off and get a better seed spot.

... if I'd get a better seed spot, that is. Everyone upping their game apparently. Good stuff.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Last I recalled, Alvin and Kelvin don't like to sandbag. Or was that just Kelvin... Either way, they don't sandbag against me, and I don't sandbag against them. At least, in pools or bracket matches.

[EDIT]

@ White Mike

From what I could tell as I was playing you, you've definitely improved. I think it's still a factor of playing me occassionally being just a monthly occurence. When I do play inbetween monthlies, it's with people like Jack or Darren who get a better feel of the match-up more often, hence the closeness of those fights (well, for Jack, close matches on my good days lol). If we played more I'm sure those fights would get more clutch for you and you'd figure it all out better.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna be letting you take the win so easily though. Everybody in my WHOBO 3 pool knew the Sonic match-up but that didn't stop me from giving it my all.

... Sonic's gotta go up to the top of mid or bottom of high already. Jebus.

--

tl;dr version, Mike, you're getting better man. I want closer fights next time! I'll hang out with you, Keith, and Jamie s'more and we can all play.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
i sometimes sandbag in pools but not in bracket

luke's ics are legit

and mike yur pt is better than yur diddy against MY snake but i dono about other peoples snakes..

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Oh em gee, that image has TWO DIFFERENT F words. Reported.

Top Bottom