• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who should TO the Brawl StreetGeek events?

Who should TO the Brawl StreetGeek events?

• Total voters

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Options are Nova and Jamage.

This includes the general running of the tournament, prize distribution and seeding.

DoMo. said:
I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but it's gonna happen anyway because some people around here forget to act their age.

I, along with a few others have been thinking for a while now, that since I is no longer on the Power Ranking list, he woud be the PERFECT person to TO all the Brawl events (he said he'll leave Melee to whoever).

What this involves is Jamage switching the power of his TO for Brawl (he can keep the Brawl FFA for obvious reasons) but for mid tiers, 1 v 1, and doubles, Nova is in charge of seeding and the brackets. Now Jamage, this is NOT an attack on you, it's just that Nova has ABSOLUTELY no chance at showing any Bias towards any players are due to his interstate experience knows how to seed matches entirely (which often involves switching a lot of TO's brackets around to suit the current PR). With the change, Nova also will docoument the score of each match (i.e. 2-1, 2-0) and then use that to determine the most ACCURATE power rankings because at present, which is obvious the the PR is in complete shables and needs a complete rehaul.

Nova has also agreed to put himself back onto the PR pannel (but not the list itself) if he is made TO of the Brawl events, as he will have all the statistics and he doesn't play competitivly anymore, he only trains people for matchups.

Now Jamage, all this is asking is that you hand over Brawl to Nova to TO, you would still remain the console admin, you would still remain TO of all the other games, this is just Brawl.

I see absolutely no downside to having an experienced interstate player who has skill that rivals our best player as the TO when he doesn't play the game in tournaments anymore.

So, I would like a little vote?
Should Jamage TO the SG Brawl events, or should Nova? (note only South Australian users will count).

Here's a little preview of Nova for those that need reminding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqj24JzU_WI

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
I mean, have you asked jamage about this before trying to force him out?

Splice

Smash Hero
It would be nice to have legit seeding.

I'd definitely expect Nova to have a better idea than Jamage

I don't think Nova will screw the pooch on seeding

Also; you should totally upload pools before the event or have pre-reg or sumthin. kthx

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Nova screwed up seeding at SG >.>
Putting me on the same side of the bracket as Apollo
Terrible

:troll:

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
this issue has came up before so I've been told and Jamage quoted how much he has done for the scene, I really doubt he's going to change his attitude, but if he does, there is no harm done, because even if this eventuates in Nova winning, Jamage STILL is the TO of Console SG.

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
Pre Uploading seeding is a good idea because you can debate it prior to the event.
However the SA smash scene isnt huge, so is there going to be a problem with people showing up late (looks suspiciously at certain geauss fan) or with people not being able to make it?

Perhaps you could hold singles later and registrations earlier so you can see whos there and debate the placing?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
That's true, but given how close in skill everyone here is, it'd really sort out the issue of determining player skill based on consistency and stuff.

Everyone seems to have a john, if we make EVERY result matter, hopefully that will change.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Pre Uploading seeding is a good idea because you can debate it prior to the event.
However the SA smash scene isnt huge, so is there going to be a problem with people showing up late (looks suspiciously at certain geauss fan) or with people not being able to make it?

Perhaps you could hold singles later and registrations earlier so you can see whos there and debate the placing?
Uhh it's a bad idea as it's impossible to do.......

ELO would be nice
But shouldn't be used for seeding for a while

>.>

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I find it funny Nova's viewing this thread with an IP ban.
Smashboards is dumb.

Why are so many people viewing this thread
It's not like they care what happens in SA

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
That's true, but given how close in skill everyone here is, it'd really sort out the issue of determining player skill based on consistency and stuff.

Everyone seems to have a john, if we make EVERY result matter, hopefully that will change.
2 problems
1. People refuse to have ranked matches
2. Data collection. Whos gonna do it?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Nova, presumably.

It doesn't seem that hard, I have a program which can take saved Tio results and convert them, and then we can just calculate ranked matches separately.

And why would people stop doing ranked matches? If you refuse matches, your score will stay the same while everyone else's goes up. And people would still challenge people they think they can beat.

I look forward to Jamie's response, Ant.

And yeah Ghost, it's weird lol Probably because it involves Nova.

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
Nova, presumably.

It doesn't seem that hard, I have a program which can take saved Tio results and convert them, and then we can just calculate ranked matches separately.

And why would people stop doing ranked matches? If you refuse matches, your score will stay the same while everyone else's goes up. And people would still challenge people they think they can beat.
Why would everyone elses go up?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Don't make all results count...

At 12 at night I can't play properly >.>

Though if tournaments actually finish when they're supposed to it would be ok.

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
Cause they are playing and winning matches, Luneth.

Yeah, Ghost, this would be assuming reasonable tournaments.
If theres a winner, theres also a loser.
It should balance out.

If i played a person with exactly the same rating as me and i win, my points should go up the same amount as his decrease.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
The winner will keep winning.

And Luneth you always gain as many points as your opponent loses.

Don't you?

And people's ratings quickly change to what they're supposed to be when they lose in tournaments anyway.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Oh, well that simplifies things.

Luneth, let's say there are 3 people.

Guy 1 keeps beating Guy 3.
Guy 2 doesn't play against anyone.

Rankings would be
#1 Guy 1
#2 Guy 2
#3 Guy 3

So avoiding matches is a way to not have a bad ranking, but it won't get you a good ranking. I doubt anyone will avoid ranked matches anyway, and tournament results still count anyway.

The panelists can always use their judgment as well.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
3-month ban iirc

And what's wrong with that anyway?
Being on smashboards isn't some requirement for anything

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Shaun might make a video about the ban situation, since people really misunderstand what is going on.
And it'll get him banned from youtube
/if that's even possible

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds.
WHEN DID THIS START

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
This thread is stupid. No one can be an offical TO at Sg unless they are an official Admin. I can let helpers run/help run tournaments though.
I am happy for Nova to run the Brawl 1v1, 2v2 if he likes as it takes some slack off me and he has proven to do a good job. Simple as that.

If there are any changes people think are needed to the Sg ruleset discuss and/or vote.

zApollo

Smash Ace
This thread is stupid. No one can be an offical TO at Sg unless they are an official Admin. I can let helpers run/help run tournaments though.
That's what our approach was initially going to be, but if you're happy to turn a blind eye under your wing then it's simple. Thanks.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Nova didn't intend to offend Jamage, neither did anyone else with this topic. Nova told me that he has no interest at all in being a SG Admin as all he's interested in is Brawl. What happens with Melee/Halo/Gears/whatever else is Jamage and Nova honestly didn't mean anything other than Brawl. Hope it clears some stuff up. =S

Anyways, have a happy picture =p

Splice

Smash Hero
is nova TO-ing reloaded?
Remember to seed interstaters ;D

Ceebs checking information sumwhere else.

zApollo

Smash Ace
is nova TO-ing reloaded?
Remember to seed interstaters ;D

Ceebs checking information sumwhere else.
Yes, with me.

Whatever impression you have gotten about us not seeding properly is wrong. =)

Splice

Smash Hero
whatever impression you got that made you think i was implying your seeding is not or would not be done properly is actually whats wrong here. ;D

Top Bottom