• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MW:W Cir) Event 52: Battle to End Hunger - May 7th, 2011 - Lawrence, KS

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Melee Singles

1: Mew2king
2: Arc
3: Jace
4: Jbm
5: Cue
5: z
7: Tyser
7: dmac
9: Massive
9: Strong Bad
9: Sinister
9: Smeesh
13: Phat
13: Bert
13: Buddha Lova
13: Tempest
17: Quote
17: Ybmp
17: Honda
17: Duck
17: Joemotion
17: Zantetsu
17: Bolun
17: Rob
25: Sherman the Tank
25: Drewbear

Melee Doubles

1: Strong Bad & M2k ($72.00)
2: Arc & Jace ($36.00)
3: Barksdale Crew (z & dmac) ($12.00)
4: Cue & Jbm
5: Massive Phat
5: Smeesh & Tyser

Brawl Singles

1: Mew2king ($137.02)
2: Domo ($68.51)
3: Ensis ($36.89)
4: Holms ($21.08)
5: raphael de la getto
5: Clel
7: Jalorda
7: Johnny Deadshot
9: Zeton
9: Trent
9: Nicole
9: Joker
13: Rockstar
13: Fource
13: Rob
13: Rick
17: Non
17: Bpow
17: Heyden
17: Stealth Raptor
17: Dillan
17: Luke
17: Aura
17: DeLux
25: Thugz
25: Wang
25: Tempest
25: Dream
25: Scrub
25: Quote
25: Daniel
25: Duck

Brawl Doubles

1: Ensis & Domo ($102.00)
2: M2k & Fino ($51.00)
3: Mr. Doom & Holmes ($17.00)
4: Zeton & Clel
5: Fource & Joker
5: Team We Both Have Eye Infections
7: Stealth & Scrub
7: Dillan & Daniel
9: Mitchell & Denton
9: Legalize it

I'll upload brackets, melee winnings, and stuff later

The Money Situation:

More or less, as I was giving out the pot last night when we finished Brawl singles around 10:30, I noticed we were left with about 5 dollars of the tournament pot. We were supposed to have $46.50 left for the Midwest West Circuit for Brawl Singles and $30 left for Brawl Doubles. Immediately after I thought we were $71.50 short, M2K pointed out he had been paid his money for Brawl Doubles. I found this strange because I could have sworn I counted out and divided up the Brawl Doubles. Since we were then in an immediate $47 dollar hole with Fino, Strong Bad, and I talking out our options, Strong Bad went into his wallet to cover the missing total to be paid out to players.

Dmac figured out the problem and it was through an accounting error as seen in this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12673396&postcount=519

It's consistent because the TIO at the TO station was glitching out, so there wasn't any numerical pay out listed with the melee singles, so it had to be calculated by hand. Mistakes happen, and I for one don't have a huge issue (it's better than my original thoughts of "someone stole the money").

If the people that were overpaid could please return what they were overpaid, I would have huge amounts of respect for you.

Lost and Found:

I found someone's Puma Bag with lots of extension cords inside. I also have someone's gamecube. I was told whose it was when I received it, but I forgot already :(

Brackets:
Melee Singles

Melee Doubles

Brawl Singles

Brawl Doubles

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Shoutouts later.

Whoever had the set up marked 'phillip', or something like that, by the door (but not the one in the corner) please upload my matches against Domo (Kirby/MK on SV; Kirby/MK on FD) and Holms (Kirby/Marth on SV; Kirby/Wolf on Lylat). Plox.

MJG

Smash Hero
Great job on your first ran tournament lux. I am sorry about your money situation but I feel like that was really admirable (lol @ that word) for Dmac to admit his mistake. Hopefully things will work out.

@Rockstar: Well...I know that you kept taking my SD card out of my wii and if you really don't have my SD card, I hope that someone else picked it up and is willing to give it back >_<

Fun tourney.

also...

SCREW YOU M2K! ILL SEE YOU ON WIFI!

L.

afk

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Shoutouts-

M2K- Thanks for all of the friendlies. They helped me out alot. Wasn't surprised by your placing. Great job as always.

Domo- Really smart play in doubles. Didn't know you were such a technical player also.

Averil- Very nice. GG's in the bracket. Won't lie, I was hoping I didn't run into you. But it happened.

Holms- Had fun in the pool match. Your spacing & speed is kind of impressing.

Fino- Nice friendlies. Good job in doubles too.

Clel- Good friendlies. Switching mains was a smart idea. I really wanted more friendlies.

Zeton- GG's. Idk if you should switch mains. Your fox can get you really far. Didn't get any 1v1's like i wanted though. Doubles were fun.

Trent- Only had a chance to play you once, and enjoyed it. About time I played a good sonic.

Nicole- Fun talking to you, and good pool match. For some reason, I like that matchup.

Joker- Enjoyed the friendlies. Snake just blows my mind.

Rockstar- Keep improving. Learn your matchups. Get better.

4rce- Bracket matches, you were a little better than I thought i'll admit. GG's. Money matches... I shouldve have played so late. I was way too tired.

MegaRobMan- Your spacing seems twice as good as opposed to last time we played. GG's

Rick- Classic matches. I was going to ask you to team, but you said you weren't doing doubles. Could've done work.

Nom- Good bracket matches. Your good at versatily. Something I could never do. That's why I only played Ness the entire day. Honestly, I think if i'd play any other character, i'd be garbage. GG's

Bpow- Great games. I wouldve accepted the money match, had it not been 10 o'clock p.m. There's no way I could play fluently that late. Really enjoyed the games.

Stealth Raptor- Not a big deal we didn't play today, since we do every week. All of that pika practice you gave me helped pay off in tourney/money matches.

Aurasturm- Liking the toon link. Just keep on putting in work like me, and it'll pay off. Your getting good. Just a matter of time. GGs.

(Lux)- Once again, good venue and tournament. If only this could happen more often. You IC's are getting too lethal.

Thugz- Alot of people don't know the Ness matchup. So I have to abuse that. GG's in the money & tourney matches.

Wang- I see alot of potential in your Luigi. Switching was probably the better thing to do. Great games.

Dream- Kirbys getting better. GGs.

Scrub- This is the most surprising placing. Didn't play today. But every week makes up for it.

Quote- GG's. Keep practicing. It's paying off. Your improving on small things quickly. Thats key to success. Also, I love your marth's DI. No joke.

Duck- I could tell you were out of it today. Your playing seemed slightly off. You didn't punish me as much as regular. Nonetheless, GG's.

Had a fun time. Was a good way to spend my Saturday.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Who is this Johnny Deadshot guy getting 7th?!?

<3

Wish I could have came :( looks like a fun tournament.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Attendance: Good, could have been more but not a severe hitch.
Setups and power: Adequate, I'm happy they were spread out to avoid noise interference
Temperature: Tolerable in mid afternoon, much better as evening wore on.
Stealthraptor if you do not remove that kirby music from smashville I will strangle you in the face.
Time management: Pretty good, people seemed to be able to eat without stressing about it.
Great tournament overall, especially considering first-time venue and first-time TO. It should only get smoother sailing from here and I'd love to see more tournaments from (Lux) and First UMC.

I'm most proud of how far I went in 64. :cool:

Melee pools were > brawl pools. Best of 1, really?

We were all here to feed the homeless, but Averil took the initiative and donated his own dinner. That's awesome, what you did.

Nebraska and Iowa it was really fun hanging out afterwards. I'm happy I could house you guys.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I don't usually do shoutouts, but this time I just felt inclined...

Mew2king - Makin' Dat Money Like M2K.
Domo - We just keep running into each other in bracket, don't we? If I run Contrary + Leaf Storm + Superpower + V-Create next time, I'll sweep you instead.
Ensis - sigh... I'm the leader of the club, so I had to do it sooner or later...
Holms - Holms is makin' money! 'Said Holms is makin' moneh!
raphael de la getto - lol at this name. Fun Falcon dittos. Don't get greedy next time.
Clel - Sorry for what Holms and I did to you in dubs...
Jalorda - Heheh. You sandbagged, didn't you? Otherwise, you'd be in 1st. :troll:
Zeton - Yes, Sakurai FTW! lol No hyphen u-smash for you.
Trent - I'm still swimming in salt for what you did to me on my first stock game one. >(
Nicole - Meh, we didn't play each other, but it was nice seeing you again. You didn't happen to leave the grey Puma bag at the venue, did you?
Joker - >_> We'll play each other in singles, eventually.
Rockstar - Thanks again for the Jolly Rancher. lol at making the bag bust like a piñata.
Fourice - Nice seeing you again, 4rce.
Rob - MegaRobMan, nice seeing you as well.
Rick - RickCity for best MK in Kansas?!?
Stealth Raptor - You shoulda brought your pokemanz.
Dillan - You should waft more often as Fart Wario
DeLux - Thanks for giving me a crash course on ICs. Also, thanks for hosting the tournament.
Thugz - Quit your trollin' :troll:
Tempest - Long time no see.
Scrub - Nice chattin' with you. Keep working on that Snake match-up and you'll get it eventually. Never give up.

And that's all from adrenalin driven F-Zero TV! That's it, everyone. We'll see you at the next grand prix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DZeBlfAUI&t=9m47s

Trent

Smash Champion
SHOUT OUTS:

Domo/Ensis - Spot Dodge to Spot Dodge to Down Smash, good job winning doubles and getting top 3
Holms - Starting to kind of almost figure out the Wolf MU maybe. Thanks for the friendlies. Also, Halberd was NOT a starter, YOU TRICKED ME! ;)
Fino - Good seeing you again, we didn't talk much.
Clel - Thanks for the MK friendlies, you helped me get out of my rut before bracket.
Mr. Doom - Our sets were close and fun. That first game was ********, on both ends. :troll:
JoWii - It was cool seeing you again.
Zeton - Didn't get to talk with you much, but it was still good seeing you again. I'm not good at giving advise / critique.
Nicole - We've never talked so much at one tournament, I'm glad we were able too because of your decision, though. Thanks for always giving me food.
Joker - Baby Yoker! You got this.
Rockstar - Nice meeting you, sorry I didn't really try that hard in our friendly, I was just in a rut at the time. I promise we'll get a real game in next time if you want.
Fource - Our set was insanely close. I apologize for making you angry in the set, I didn't feel like I earned that victory. I feel like if you didn't rage quit the 3rd game so early, you could have brought it back and won. If it makes you feel any better, I believe that you are a better player than me, just need to learn to not lose your cool. Hopefully you don't hate me, since I still enjoy hanging out with you.
Rob - Thanks for the Wolf practice, I'm glad you feel accomplished in Melee.
Nom - We didn't talk much, good seeing you again.
Bpow - Your eye was all kinds of messed up, GJ on your set against Ensis.
Stealth Raptor - Our first set in 2 years, this tournament had all kinds of deja vu for me, since it was right next to Giga Brawl. Sorry I played so campy, at least I didn't time you out! Good seeing you, as usual.
Aura - It was surprising to see you go OoS, besides Joker's. I'm glad you're starting to go to tournaments.
DeLux - Thanks for hosting, the tournament ran fine. I hope you get the money situation figured out.
Thugz - Shake it off and get back into the game, you are improving.
Wang - You're playing a different character every time I see you, lol.
Dream - I hope you keep going to tournaments, you just have to get used to the tournament scene. It didn't take me until at least my 10th or so tournament to actually start understanding the competitive scene, and you're farther along then I ever was at my 2nd tournament.
Jbm - Grats on getting 4th, almost in that money.
David - Thanks for driving the entire way, you were cool to hang out with.
Tyser - You're never gonna quit. Get over it. You're better at Melee than you think.
Devon - Thanks for driving for the 10 minutes that you did. I'm gonna dye my hair blue, just you wait.
Bolun - Thanks for letting us use your SUV. I've never traveled to an OoS tournament for so cheap before.
Dan - WHERE MY HAT IS AT?! I'm confused as to if you quit Brawl or not btw, seeing as you only entered Melee. Tell me your secrets.
Ky - Wtf why were you even HERE.
Dmac - I don't know you, but props to admitting your mistake with the money. It takes bravery to do that, especially when no one would have found out.
Ark/Austin - What defines a handsome man? The same name, of course.

Fun tournament everybody. It was cool to hang out with the Melee kids on the ride up and back as well.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
General shout-out:

Every woman I saw while in Kansas was at least an 8/10. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???? Ship them to NE, plz.

Thanks for the games to everyone I played (don't remember/didn't get a lot of names). Extra special thanks if you gave me advice; I came to this to learn and got what I wanted.

Actual shout-outs:

Lux - Thank you a ton for hosting. I had an amazing time, and it's great knowing that at least part of my money is going towards a good cause.

Phat - Thanks a ton for hosting, for the mirror matches, and most of all for the advice. Next time we play I'll show up with more on the table.

Jace - Thanks for being super duper cool and waxing philosophical about general improvement stuff. Glad I could help out with the train situation.

Duck - Thanks for housing and the matches we played. Your video game collection is >9000.
Steal someone's Wii and play Mega Man 9, I promise it's worth it.=

JBM - 4th place is a damn good place to be, all things considered. Bring some money home next time!

The rest of Omaha Melee - Dumping my crazy ex to spend more time playing video games with you guys was 100% a good idea. <3 you all, see you soonish for games.

Trent - I play Brawl for fun, but wouldn't pay money to enter a tourny. Melee stole my heart, unfortunately.

B-Pow - You're starting to look like an actual Brawl player, keep it up!
Play more MM9, too.

Joker - One day I will figure out how to chain grab your Link and you will come to fear me.

Collin - Sorry about being a **** with Marth. <3

Dustin - I'm gonna be doing some work, so you better step up your game!

MegaRobMan - I hate you.

Aura - Rob and I will have a pop quiz on Mega Man 2/3 soon; do your studying!

M2K - I'm out of practice, so my MM9 wasn't too impressive. Once I get geared up again I'll record some speed runs and show you what I can do.

JoWii - Nice meeting you, hopefully we'll have more time to hang out next time.

Mr. Doom - Didn't really talk to you, but you spiked Fino (I think?), and for that you deserve a shout-out.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
1: Mew2king- Kansas got your number.
2: Domo- Rock combos? Kansas needs a gimmicky player obv.
3: Ensis- Yo dawg, good ****. Cudi Zone next time
4: Holms- Kirby totally goes even w/ Marth, and beats Wolf. >_> If I had been a better player, I'd have shown you this. Instead, I made your head hurt by spamming awesome inhale.
5: raphael de la getto- >_>..........
5: Clel- Clel, you're one of the few KS that avoided playing me or Nicole in Brawl. Next time, your whole bracket is going to be MO. :>
7: Jalorda- Who is this?
7: Johnny Deadshot- This is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9: Zeton- >_> You going MK stopped me from having a first seed. I didn't take you srs at all and I got punished for it XD. BUT WHATEVER, THAT FOX STAYS FREE. I <3 you.
9: Trent- Cool seeing you bro. Trent supports terrorism.
9: Nicole- :>
9: Joker- >_> We're awesome for liking all the same games. Also, Kirby<3.
13: Rockstar- I didn't play you or talk to you, but we should change that sometime~
13: Fource- I'm surprised you didn't ****talk me more for all the KS I played.
13: Rob- You're getting scary good, fast. Next time, you may even beat me. (But you won't because I'm going to destroy that MU inside and out learning it's nuances).
13: Rick- Verrry nice MK.
17: Non- Who?
17: Bpow- Who? Lawl, jk. Fun fun fun fun fun. You already know <3
17: Heyden- Yoshi? If you're who I think you are, the matches were fun.
17: Stealth Raptor- I WANTED YOU IN BRACKET FOR REVENGE. Juss saiyan.
17: Dillan- Dude, sorry the set ended like that but ggs. Brinstar man. Brawl man.
17: Luke- :p didn't play you i don't think
17: Aura- Hm, the name doesn't ring a bell?
17: DeLux- Lawl Lucas against TL on FD.
25: Thugz- Heeeeyy budddddy.
25: Wang- >_> There is a future where we team, juss letting you know. Kirbicidie~
25: Tempest- Name doesn't ring a bell :<
25: Dream- Go on the Kirby boards and look at my MU stuffz for tips on Kirby. Kirby CAN beat MK so keep trying daahwg.
25: Scrub- Who?
25: Quote- Other Kirby that did cool things?
25: Daniel- >_> Good **** bro, sucks you had to leave.
25: Duck- >_> who?

BTW, I'm Johnny Deadshot~

AND AFTER SEEING SHERMAN COMMENT: Kansas was full of rail girls w/ no extras, hipster dudes, and oldies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Deluxe and Dmac - Great job at running the tournament. I had a lot of fun.

Arc - Thanks for the friendlies. Your Marth is very constant and it was a blast to play. Thank you for the advice as well.

Strong Bad - Always awesome to see you. It sucks that we didn't get to play any matches in melee but at least we got to Project M this time. Thanks for bringing that

Jace - Thanks a ton for housing us. I don't think we could have made it if we didn't have housing so we really appreciate it. The matches we played the night before were a lot of fun and you gave me some good advice. Sick falcon.

Buddha - You're a very quiet person, I didn't think you'd ever talk at the beginning but you ended up talking more and more. Anyway, that doesn't matter. You played a lot of characters very well and your fox destroyed mine in brackets. You made me realize I have a lot to work on my edge game. Thanks for the matches :)

Bert and Sinister- I'm glad you're doing much better, Bert. It's always great to see you guys at tournaments, you're great practice. See you guys in 2 weeks!

I apologize if I'm missing anyone. Everyone at the tournament was super cool and it was a very enjoyable tournament. Well done, people :)

DeLux

Brawl Singles

Mew2king - I'm glad you came out to this tourney and hope you come back to the next one we'll be hosting.

Domo - Still my favorite MK player to watch. Too bad I only got your snake, and not your MK. Wish we would have played more.

Ensis - We didn't get our post tourney practice in :\

Holms - You're welcome for that payout bonus + thanks for memorizing the payout percentages for me

raphael de la getto - You left before we got Chili's. WTF. I'm so hungry right now. I'm going to starve to death (which is saying something since I'm generally a fat ***). I appreciate all the help you've given me, and I'm sorry that I've more or less let you down and not lived up to the hype you've been generating about me. We'll keep working on stuff and at some point we'll be gunning for the number one spot against each other.

Jalorda - Highlight of the night was the SDI of the spike. I did it intentionally just to see if would do it ;). But seriously, thanks for the match even though I tanked and decided to run into smashes from Ike. I hope you play and/or beat ICs now that we sat down and talked.

Johnny Deadshot - I went Lucas because I wanted to be able to say that I went Lucas in tournament. I just wanted to get it out of the way in Pools lol. But I'm slowly going to integrate it more and more as it gets better to hopefully Lucas in all of pools, followed by Lucas in part of bracket, to Lucas in all of bracket.

Zeton - I hate the fox matchup still. But now that I know that I know what to do, it's not as bad. Zeton for #1 fox? Yes

Trent - I was not able to get my revenge :( Next tournament.

Nicole - So now when I beat a peach in tourney, I am going to say, "Oh by the way, Nicole is better than you are." I was really moved that after not being able to get a tv to play friendlies, you came and found me on your own later in the day. That meant a lot to me. And now I think I have a better handle on the some of the Peach matchup. Next tournament let's play more, and I'll be the only IC that will ever not switch characters against you :)

Joker - Sir, we did not get in our friendlies. Again. Mad. Next time :)

Rockstar - Ness is broken. But he ain't no Lucas yet. Congrats on your placing. You're definitely improving. I wish we had played once or twice for me to have seen how much.

Fource - "Jason, have you ever lost six games in a row before?" Win.

Rob - I wish we had gotten to play our friendlies but we kept getting interrupted. Let me know when I need to come up to Nebraska. I will come up if you ask me for sure

Rick - Man, not sure what happened. You've gotten really good at the matchup, but I'm frustrated that I immediately 2/3 stocked you right after I lost to you. But yeah, I'm really happy that you're getting much better. And it was fun coaching you, even though you didn't listen to the gameplan "Don't get hit by the C4" "there's a down smash right next to the ledge" "stay away from the utilt"

Nom - Nice seeing you.

Bpow - Your Wario is getting noticeably better.

Heyden - Not bad for a tourney. Hopefully you keep playing and get better. At least you heard that the advice I have been giving you is like the same advice everyone gave you too. I lol'd when someone was like "You're too aggressive sometimes" hahaha

Stealth Raptor - Come on Danny. You're better than this. I mean, your bracket was super unfortunate, but we both know how good you are and should have at least come in 9th. Maybe even higher on a good day. Keep working on it and we'll get there.

Dillon - We'll play more locally. Hopefully you're here for a little bit and don't bail for the summer to Wichita immediately.

Luke - Thanks for coming out. You should really hit up Ensis for more manhattan playing since he's in your area.

Thugz - I'll teach you ICs if you want. Just ask me questions next time lol

Wang - Thanks for making it out.

Dream - I hope you had fun

Scrub - See what I wrote for Danny

Quote - You'll get better. Soon. I feel it. Thanks for coming out

Duck - Our set was really really really close. Thanks for bringing out so many setups and things like that.

Lalu - Too bad you didn't enter :( But I hope you got some practice in, and we'll work on getting you better soon

Mitchell and Denton - Keep playing. We're going to start hosting in Lawrence, and Topeka is just around the corner. I'd be even be willing to come out to Topeka to play with you guys for sure.

Jace - Dude, I'm sorry about your car :(

dmac - I knew that I was in good hands when you were all, "I'll get this tourney done by 6." Thank you so much for pretty much TOing everything for the most part. Hopefully we get the money situation resolved

Strong Bad - Words can't describe how much respect I have for you right now.

Phat - Thanks for going to the trouble of housing everyone. It really helped get some out of state hype going.

Honda - Man, you came so late lol It's too bad because you're really chill to hang out with.

I intend to do this once every 3 months or so in order if that will get regional support. Now that I have a better feel for TOing, I'm going hard on the next one and going to make it as big as possible. Just give me feedback on if you guys think 3 months is good or if it's too much.

We raised $230 with the tournament. Which is pretty awesome because it's one week's worth of groceries. Hopefully for the next one, we can double it :)

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Too lazy to do real shoutouts, but super duper thanks to Lux for hosting, and to Rob and Dan for letting me tag along and turning me into a giant Mega Man fanboy.

By the way Lux, the Gamecube you picked up belongs to PhatGamer.

MJG

Smash Hero
Shoutouts:

1: Mew2king ($137.02) - Good stuff in Melee and Brawl. Thanks for wrecking me :D
2: Domo ($68.51) - Good ****. You were on top of things during this entire tournament. Stay on top of things. I am glad that we decided to be static for doubles. GGs
3: Ensis ($36.89)
4: Holms ($21.08) - We end up playing at every tournament D:. Good games. Nice seeing you again.
5: raphael de la getto - Good games in doubles and singles. See ya soon!
5: Clel - LMFAO! Always a pleasure seeing you Clel. Good stuff man.
7: Jalorda: GGs. I didn't understand what you meant in your shoutout to me but now I understand and....IT HAPPENED TO ME VS YOU BEFORE AND IT JUST HAPPENED TO BE AT A CONVENIENT TIME :bee:
7: Johnny Deadshot - Who is this? loool
9: Zeton - Good stuff. I didn't realize that we meet in bracket a lot until you pointed it out to me. Fun stuff. Nice seeing ya.
9: Trent - Good **** on your placing. You put in some work vs Mr. Doom and then just got completely screwed lmao.
9: Nicole - Fun games nicole. Ima trash talk you even more next time I see you fyi.
9: Joker - Fun games in doubles. Ima have to play you in MvC3 some day
13: Rockstar - GGs sir.
13: Fource - One of my favorites *extra homo. It was nice seeing you again. Keep it real
13: Rob - GGs. YOU HAVE DEFINITELY IMPROVED OKJIEUODHEIUDHEUIHAGPAUG. afk
13: Rick - Good job on your placing.
17: Non - SwAg
17: Bpow - GGs man. Gotta get me in that cudi zone next time we are together.
17: Heyden -SwAg
17: Stealth Raptor - SwAg. What happened? D: Thank you for everything. We out.
17: Dillan - Good stuff beating Scrub. Bes wario
17: Luke - SwAg
17: Aura SwAg
17: DeLux - Good job running your first tournament.
25: Thugz - GGs in pools
25: Wang - SwAg
25: Tempest - Thanks for coming out.
25: Dream - GGs man. Remember what I said and you will do so much better
25: Scrub - Good seeing you again. Laterrr
25: Quote - Supppppp
25: Daniel - What up playa
25: Duck - Good stuff. See you in the summer

We out.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
All the bitches in Lawrence were fine as hell even the grandmas and 8-year olds! Whatever you're feeding your women, ship some down to my city! I'm a 30-year old man who lives with my mom and I want me some foine bitches! The crazy old dude at the venue was a fuckin baller too. Me and that dude became homies!

DeLux

lol

So I (and the women of down town Lawrence) willl see you all in three months or so?

:) :) :)

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
1: Mew2king: You suck.

2: Domo: I hate you.

3: Ensis: <3

4: Holms: Fat, stupid, dumb, piece-of-****, big-black-*** loving, M2K fapping idiot.

5: raphael de la getto: I made fun of you in your GF set. I, however, was not over the top. You treating me better than how you treat (or have treated) some of the smash community is something I take pride in, and always will, take pride in. As far as I'm concerned, we're still cool and I hope you don't take anything I said to heart.

5: Clel: Chicken. Smh. Smdh.

7: Jalorda: Doubles. Never. Again.

7: Johnny Deadshot: Ha. Other than M2K, I'm pretty sure the only people I talked **** on were Kansas. L. I've made it pretty clear though, nothing I say is ever serious so it's whatever. When you played Domo, I was talking **** on him earlier and it just segued into your match. Then Dillon is one of my best friends and I was more worried about coaching him than I was talking **** on you. Maybe next time. (:

9: Zeton: Good talking to you on the ride up. I'll consider driving more often if it really means as much to you as I think it does.

9: Trent: No hard feelings, man. At all. I was just getting flustered and I think that was apparent. I came into the set "knowing" that I had to win game one and when I dropped it I lost a lot of momentum. I probably would have kept playing, but I'd already spent 20 minutes playing my set with Nicole. I didn't want to spend my life in an eight minute match from behind (after already playing ~14 with you). I don't want to openly say that I'm better than you whether you think so or not. To me a win is a win; it doesn't matter whether I get two stocked or killed by FAir in the last 30 seconds.

9: Nicole: I'm coming for you. >=(

9: Joker: Thanks for teaming. We had some heart pounding matches. Loll.

13: Rockstar: You're too aggressive. I think I beat you with shield grab for the most part. Just be more cautious. You have a lot of tricksies; you need to implement them more viably.

13: Fource: You suck.

17: Bpow: Sorry that we didn't get to play that many friendlies. Great matches though. You played really well.

17: Heyden: I'm sorry that Yoshi is a bad character. (:

17: Stealth Raptor: Great matches in doubles.

17: Dillon: I'm sorry that they don't know how to spell your name. Regardless, you played amazingly well at this tournament whether you think you did or not. Your last loss was, in a sense, a fluke. Granted, we can't say that you would have won had it not happened, you had a good chance of winning. I was telling Averil and Daniel how I was proud of the way you played because of how much of an improvement there was between what I saw at the tournament compared to what I see in friendlies. Hope to see you come to more tournaments. <3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strongbad is going to have to perform some dirty deed to get his money back from me. Gotta earn it back. ;D LOL
So now you're a pedophile too?

1: Mew2king - thank you for giving me blisters from playing you for the past 4 days
2: Arc - you're awful
3: Jace - stop dropping combos
4: Jbm - I actually didn't get to play you at all at this, your last tourney! ;(
5: Cue - I hate Falco
5: z - wut only 5th?
7: Tyser - play me more next time
7: dmac - you're a bro :D
9: Massive - always a pleasure to hear you in the background talking about something hilarious
9: Strong Bad - get better
9: Sinister - didn't play you this time but get better
9: Smeesh - diggin' the pink hair bro, it suits you
13: Phat - bro
13: Bert - bro
13: Buddha Lova - stop sandbagging
13: Tempest - dat hat...
17: Quote - best fox ever
17: Ybmp - jakeeeee
17: Honda - <3
17: Duck - it was good to see you after so long
17: Joemotion - heyyyyyyy
17: Zantetsu - you're awful
17: Bolun - sup bro DAT FALCO
17: Rob - ?? who are you
25: Sherman the Tank - worst name ever
25: Drewbear - best player ever

brawlers: nothing personal but hearing some (not all) of you guys make comments about something in your game being homosexual constantly is annoying. y'all were generally a nonissue at this tourney though so good stuffs hope you guys had fun.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah. Shoutouts to the Indian kid (I think?) who said "nigga" after every sentence he said. I sat and listened (eaves dropped) to this guy talk nonsense for a while and was laughing pretty hard too. Apparently, the "no profanities in a church" thing was not in effect. But yeah, that guy was mad funny so he deserves a shoutout. Brawl hype was also equally entertaining. "OH SHIT! LOOK AT THAT SPOT DODGE INTO SPOT DODGE INTO MISSED SPOT DODGE!" Simply magical.

DeLux

lol

The hype set between Thugs and Dream was one of the highlights of the tournament

Don't hate

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I also have someone's gamecube. I was told whose it was when I received it, but I forgot already :(
It is Phatgamers.

Temperature: Tolerable in mid afternoon, much better as evening wore on.

Melee pools were > brawl pools. Best of 1, really?

Nebraska and Iowa it was really fun hanging out afterwards. I'm happy I could house you guys.
I was too hot :(

I agree 100% with the melee v brawl pools. I was one of 4 people to enter both, 1 match just isn't good enough, 2 or best of 3 are better, especially with that little people. It would have helped with seeding for sure.

Rob - MegaRobMan, nice seeing you as well.

I am doing Ike research...you will not win as easily next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob - Thanks for the Wolf practice, I'm glad you feel accomplished in Melee.
lol, I just felt I played well, I didn't accomplish anything. If I would have taken a round off of Z or Phat or Tyser or Smeesh or Buddah Lover I might have felt accomplished. I did make Nicole cry during Melee team matches though.

Duck - Thanks for housing and the matches we played. Your video game collection is >9000.
Steal someone's Wii and play Mega Man 9, I promise it's worth it.=

B-Pow
Play more MM9, too.

MegaRobMan - I hate you.

Aura - Rob and I will have a pop quiz on Mega Man 2/3 soon; do your studying!

M2K - I'm out of practice, so my MM9 wasn't too impressive. Once I get geared up again I'll record some speed runs and show you what I can do.
All of this...except when did you get to play mega man with M2K? When I asked him to play he ran off scared with his tail between his legs.

13: Rob- You're getting scary good, fast. Next time, you may even beat me. (But you won't because I'm going to destroy that MU inside and out learning it's nuances).
Kirbicide is the stupidest crap ever and I'm going to **** in your food next time I see you.

Rob - I wish we had gotten to play our friendlies but we kept getting interrupted. Let me know when I need to come up to Nebraska. I will come up if you ask me for sure
Yeah I'll be out of town for Trents thing, but whenever Aura wants to do a tournament, I'll be down and let you know.

Too lazy to do real shoutouts, but super duper thanks to Lux for hosting, and to Rob and Dan for letting me tag along and turning me into a giant Mega Man fanboy.

By the way Lux, the Gamecube you picked up belongs to PhatGamer.
All of this.

13: Rob - GGs. YOU HAVE DEFINITELY IMPROVED OKJIEUODHEIUDHEUIHAGPAUG. afk
Thanks! You'll have to run that TL next time we play, but it was nice to play against a few different characters.

It does? >_>
Yes!!!

17: Rob - ?? who are you
I play sheik and dominated my pools, get at me. I did talk to you once but I don't remember what about. I was rooting against you when you were playing against Cue and you turned around and looked at me with a really sad face and it made me feel sad too, but david is da bess.

SHOUT-OUTS for both Melee and Brawl

Mew2king-After I challenged you to Mega Man 2 you ran off because you "had to test your controller", whatever, boy, you were gonna win with 1 hand in brawl and melee pretty easily, no offense to Arc or Domo. You were just scared of The Worlds Nebraska's #1 Mega Man player.

Seriously though, GG's, thanks for the ****, you helped expose some of my bad habits to my consciousness, hope the controller works for you. Unlike a lot of people, I like getting my soul crushed because it never happens (shhh, Mr. Doom). See ya at Brainshock? MEGA MAN MONEY MATCH?
Or wanna team?

Jbm-Love how you basically rolled out of bed and got 4th without playing as Marth for 3 months, you need to practice more and from the sounds of it, Dan is willing to travel to Kansas every day basically to get Sheik practice from Phat, so that should help.

z-GG's in pools, thanks for sandbagging, I bragged about getting you down to 160% last stock to anyone that would listen. Wish I could have gotten more games in but I was stuck in Brawl bracket/outside a lot.

Would play again.

Cue-Thanks for hyping up my money match with Thugz, getting that Melee crew all hyped for the brawlers is what the eldest smashers should do, right? right!

Tyser-GG's in pools, Samus is dumb and doesn't make sense.

inb4wavedashgrabdownthrowrinserepeat

dmac-Nice work helping out and manning up and all that jazz, nice chatting.

Strong Bad-I dig the DK slippers.

Smeesh-GG's, you should get permanent dye for the hair, seriously. Your falcon should only throw nairs, one of the boots always hits me :/

Phat-Thanks for housing us and all the games and GG's in pools, I'll try and get better so you are forced to do all that lame chaingrabbs :)

Buddha Lova-GG's, you did an excellent job reading my bad habits, but I loved looking at your face whenever I killed you because you were like "Who is this scrub, and why can't I get a comfortable lead, and how is he reading me?"

Ybmp-GG's in pools!

Duck-Thank you so much for hosting us and for not being annoyed by the loud clicking noises all night. I swear Gamecube controllers are the loudest **** ever. Your gaming collection is mad legit, PDS and Tengen Tetris are nice gems, as well as your actual geodes.

Joemotion-GG's in pools

Bolun- <3 play ya in Nebraska.

Sherman the Tank-Thanks for driving and for being oblivious in regards to being a moron.

Drewbear-GG's in pools and in bracket I think?

Domo-I feel your pain, M2K beat me with 1 hand too :( Good **** in dubbs though, can't let him win them all!

Ensis-GG's in friendlies, I haven't had someone quit out of that many matches since Thugz last week.

Holms-Thanks for the wolf dittos, Random MM's are silly, especially with all the stages on.

raphael de la getto-Nice chatting with ya, sucks we didn't get to play any serious matches, dubs with M2K is like having a brick wall on your team that can't lose. Your welcome for finding your lighter :)

Jalorda-You ***** me worse than M2K did, Ike is dumb. Though I'm on to your baiting tactics now. GG's.

Johnny Deadshot-6 dollar parking tickets. Nice showing, though you got a free ride after you beat the scrubbiest Wolf in the midwest to get there.

Zeton-I tried to find you once I got back to play some games but alas, next time :)

Trent-Nice showing, way to be #1 on the NeTroll PR.

Nicole-I haven't heard someone tell me they hated me so frequently in a long time, thanks for the laughs. Sucks you are moving away, I love playing your peach, GG's.

Joker: Almost got abducted by the highway mangs after the tournament. Everyone count your blessings!

Rockstar-Good showing. btw if you want to post a match of ours online, I think it's the 3rd one you wanted.

*NOM-You are improving even over the last week, keep it up. I'll see if I can get some teams practice in before brainshock.

Bpow-Quit letting people SkullFuq you, dude.

Aura-Thanks for coming along with us, hope you had fun listening to mega man music for like 3 hours straight, Dan is crazy, not even I wanted to do that.

DeLux-Thanks for hosting and all that jazz, don't quit the game.

Thugz-I'm glad you got to play Nicole because now you've gotten to talk to a girl. :luigi2:

Wang-I don't remember playing you much tbh, but I watched a few matches and you are making some nice decisions with luigi, just keep that pimp hand strong and watch out for cops.

Scrub-Nice chatting with ya!

Quote-GG's in pools, lol wolf dittos off the ledge.

If I didn't mention you it's because I wanted to play/talk to you but I couldn't for more than a simple greeting (@clel and raptor and 4rce/Jace and Arc)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was rooting against you when you were playing against Cue and you turned around and looked at me with a really sad face and it made me feel sad too, but david is da bess.
This sounds like something I would do. hahahaha. Falco is a hard match-up and I was doing really well but in the end it didn't matter. I do recall talking to you in the line to register though.
Strong Bad-I dig the DK slippers.
Who doesn't? Ladies dig 'em, too.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
So basically, he's never going to play you in Mega Man because he doesn't play non-Smash games / scared. Rob is a beast at Mega Man though, so it's completely understandable. Stay top tier, Rob.

Top Bottom