• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Ottawa May 7th, Ottawa, ON

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Thanks to Buenob and Tect for hosting and making this tournament possible as a whole, here are the results for Brawl.

Bracket Images/Pools will be up soon. Also will be adding characters and payout soon soon, I need help to fill some character spots

Payout 70/20/10, 10$ Entry, 27 entrants, 270$ in pot

1. Tankgard (Ally) [189$] :metaknight: :snake: :popo:
2. Swordgard [54$] :popo: :snake: :sheik: :falco: :diddy:
3. HolyNightmare [27$] :metaknight:
4. Guard :fox:
5. Techiyo :metaknight: :marth:
5. Hells (He's Els in the bracket, lol spelling) :toonlink:
7. Haze :diddy:
7. Pho :toonlink:
9. Knuckles :metaknight:
9. Spanky :kirby:
9. Iliad (Sauc3) :metaknight: :falco: :marth:
9. Malcore :dedede:
13. PND
13. Linker
13. Linkshot
13. RiddleBox :peach:
17. Arkaeus
17. Swag
17. Snow
17. MiniF
17. S17
17. TheRealDaddy
17. Vamp
17. Sleek
25. Alex
25. Paff
25. MiniLemons

Payout 70/20/10, 20$ per team, 8 entrants, 160$ in pot

1. Ally/Hells [112$]
2. Swordgard/Holy [32$]
3. Team Kate Perry (Haze/Knuckles) [16$]
4. Princess Yiff (Guard/Techiyo)
5. Beast Mode (MiniLemons/Swag)
5. GetRocked (Zen/Arkaeus)
7. Sleek/TheRealDaddy
7. Dining in the Dark (Malcore/PND)

Pools here

swordgard

Smash Hero
Fun tourney.

Upload pictures plz.

Shootouts when i feel like it.

Also for all those whom this concerns:

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
THANK YOU BUENOB AND TECT, I HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are my VERY little shutouts....

Ally: good **** man, I knew you would make it 1st and your awesome, both as a brawler and person. Thank you for your tips too, they do help me.

Holy: I'm still glad you made it top 3 man. Looks like it's much harder to win against an infinite character when you haven't played against them for sooo damn long.lol It was great to see you.

Swordgard: If you love me, that's ok. Don't be shy and confess your love to me next time, I will understand. Anyway, trolls are trolls and I'm tired of hating anyway.... I saw your games with HolyNightmare and I was telling myself on the outside "I hope you lose"....but on the inside "I hope you win". All this to say my trolls condradict eachother a lot.lol I wanted to shake your hand too btw, but I didn`t because I wanted to stick with previous trolled statement. Pretty Messed up I know.....

Techiyo: I`m glad you came man. I thought you were quite impressive against Swordgard`s Snake. I have a lot of trouble against him and you proved that he is beatable. I didn`t like our matches though... I felt down right after our first match that we had to restart. Something tells me you had better matches against me in the past too. Oh well, I`m looking forward to our placings in COT5. LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Hells: I didn`t expect you to come.lol but you did and did GREAT. I deffinetly saw improvement in your doubles gameplay....I wish I had some singles with you.

MiniFridge: CURSE THOSE BRAKETS.lol Of ALL people, you had to face the person who you see all the time. I gota admit though...you made me choke.lol I deffinetly saw improvement in you too. Man that last game against that Pikachew........stupid SD. lol

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
1. Ally - I hate playing you because it always look like I'm going to beat you for once but then I start choking and you play better at the same time and I end up losing. I'll get you soon though, just needed one more win.

2. Swordgard - Good job beating me when you probably didn't even want too. :troll:
You really outplayed me this time in general but mainly by punishing most of my badly timed full hop fair, the game trolled me a lot with trips during that set too lol.

3. HolyNightmare - Sleep next time and stop running into SG's grabs.

4. Guard - Very good placement as usual, instead of being consistent though you should try to beat people you can't. I know it's hard, I haven't been able to beat Ally since the sta-.....oh wait I beat him at St-Hyacinthe :troll:

5. Techiyo - Good placement too, fun set we had. You did much better 2nd round. You and Guard have such an intense rivalry, games can go both ways.

5. Hells - Dunno how you place better by not playing but it it works for you why not, good job in doubles too. You definitevely have gotten better somehow.

7. Haze - Good games, you almost had me game 2 but I brought it back. Keep training with Knuckles.

7. Pho - Good seeing you again, good placing.

9. Knuckles - Don't get discouraged and try not to fall to Toon Link gimmicks next time especially on RC.

9. Iliad (Sauc3) - You kinda gave up last match lol, but good seeing you.

9. Malcore - Not bad, good placing

13. PND - Good seeing you.

13. Linkshot - I think we end up playing every tourney whenever it's in pools or bracket lol, fun games.

13. RiddleBox - Good seeing you back in the game you do better lol.

17. Swag - GGs in pools, keep practicing the MK ditto. It takes a bit of time to know what to do.

17. MiniF - Sucks you had to play Guard so early, I think you can do better.

swordgard

Smash Hero
1. Tankgard (Ally) [189$] :metaknight: GJ, best troll GF set ever. "oh non!!!!" Change your icon, you used snake and ics vs me. Troll denied though. Shoulda forfeit vs you for ultimate troll though.
2. Swordgard- Still don't understand how that occured lol.
3. HolyNightmare- dat lack of sleep. Showed in singles and doubles. Prepare for next time, il be wearing the t-shirt in order to ensure the curse from saint-hyacinthe and ottawa keeps going.
4. Guard- Despite you saying things in my back(I can hear anything and everything, that and nana is spying and reports to me : P ), I hope we can move on from the whole hate thing. You did great this tourney, you just have 2 fatal flaws that you have to work on to get much better placings, your almost there. If you want we can discuss that later, or not if you don't want to.
5. Techiyo- GJ rapin mah snake. Diddy will be your opponent next tourney : P.
5. Hells (He's Els in the bracket, lol spelling)- Dat elf with the sword up in the air. "oh noooon" /me and holy get chained up aired combo LOL. Quitters never quit placing.
7. Haze - Best placing in ottawa? Surprise for both of us : P good diddy
7. Pho Quitters never quit placing either.
9. Knuckles You have huge, and I mean huge stress problems. You play a good game, but as soon as you feel you pressured you start spamming spotdodge and airdodge. You are a great player, you just get too affected and lose all momentum, start getting desparate.
9. Spanky : ????
9. Iliad (Sauc3)- And here I wanted revenge for the time you beat me with marth. Cool of you to come from ontario Iliad. Next time get some of your friends like sauc3.
9. Malcore- NS powa!
13. PND
13. Linker
13. Linkshot- Always fun to see you. Shame we didn't play.
13. RiddleBox- Dem *****-slap fights.
17. Arkaeus
17. Swag
17. Snow-A wild montrealer as appeared! Gj on your placing, first tourneys are hard >.<.
17. MiniF- Last person id ever expect to see in ottawa XD. Remember: Dthrow>Dsmash=true combo.
17. S17- Same as snow
17. TheRealDaddy
17. Vamp
17. Sleek
25. Alex
25. Paff
25. MiniLemons

Had a real good time, fun seeing everyone again.

edit: Special thanks to buenob and all the hosts.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
1. Tankgard (Ally) - ****ing MK. Good job on winning (again) and well, thanks for the tips last time in montreal, they sure helped me a bit vs swordgard :)
2. Swordgard - Bring on your ****ing Diddy, JV 4 stock :p
3. HolyNightmare - Every time I say next time I'll get you, and can't seem to do it, so I'll just say this: Next time, you'll ****ing **** me hardcore I'll quit.
4. Guard - I felt so bad after our set, seriously. I don't mind losing, but this wasn't an honorable defeat for me. Not that I didn't play my best, just not the best way. Next time, I'll give you a real match.
5. Techiyo - :troll:
5. Hells - Good **** beating knuckles ;P
7. Haze - didn't play.
7. Pho - didn't play.
9. Knuckles - was fun seeing you again.
9. Spanky - didn't play.
9. Iliad (Sauc3) - didn't play, but at first when I saw Iliad I was in a wtf phase, need to go see him and MM right away lol.
9. Malcore - Nice dedede and falco, keep it up.
13. PND - didn't play.
13. Linker - Nice set.
13. Linkshot - So nice to see you again young man! Your lucario is still awesome =)
13. RiddleBox - I just watched some game, nice peach.
17. Arkaeus - didn't play.
17. Swag - didn't play.
17. Snow - didn't play.
17. MiniF - good going victor, can't say you improved as it's the first time I really played you, but you're good, keep working on that G&W!
17. S17 - didn't play.
17. TheRealDaddy - didn't play.
17. Vamp - nice set.
17. Sleek - didn't play.
25. Alex - "
25. Paff - "
25. MiniLemons - "

And finally, shoutouts to Tect and Buenob, huge thanks to you guys for hosting this, amazing tourney. Hope you'll do it again, because I'll definitely come to more ;)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
4. Guard- Despite you saying things in my back(I can hear anything and everything, that and nana is spying and reports to me : P ), I hope we can move on from the whole hate thing. You did great this tourney, you just have 2 fatal flaws that you have to work on to get much better placings, your almost there. If you want we can discuss that later, or not if you don't want to.
agreed buddy...besides, I'm due for extra Snake practice. I'm not saying it's a match-up problem.....but I still think I gota work on that too. Playing Ally's Snake gives me awesome practice, but when I play another....I realize how different Ally's Snake is and then I get confused..... damn it GUARD. lol

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
agreed buddy...besides, I'm due for extra Snake practice. I'm not saying it's a match-up problem.....but I still think I gota work on that too. Playing Ally's Snake gives me awesome practice, but when I play another....I realize how different Ally's Snake is and then I get confused..... damn it GUARD. lol
Space your fairs... oh wait.

Hells

Smash Apprentice
had so much fun at this tourney, gj on placing every1

Top Bottom