• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOVA Brawls (Northern Virginia Smashfest, Tournaments and Casual Brawl Hookups)

GetCaped

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I figured we all needed somewhere to come and link up, anyone from any area or county of Northern Virginia can organize Brawls with other players (like myself if you're looking to "Get Caped") here anytime! I'm in Springfield VA myself, shoot me a PM or just challenge me here if your nearby. Everyone have at it! :cool:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Junebug, our #1 ranked player lives about 15 mins from here. You might want to hookup with him.

Do you have a place to hold tournaments? I think everyone would like to start up again.

GetCaped

Smash Rookie
My house is a pretty good place for Smashfests, alright for tournaments too but I also have friends in the area who would be willing to host.

GetCaped

Smash Rookie
I'm also always down for open challenges, if there are ever any brawlers in the NOVA area looking for a throw down, I'll usually accept. Set up here or by PM.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I live like 25 minutes away from Springfield. I'd love to attend a Smashfest with Junebug and such if you host one.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
this is what we neeeed baby. im always down if im not working

GetCaped

Smash Rookie
Anytime anyone in the NOVA area wants a challenge we can brawl anytime, at your place or mine. I'll host a Smashfest soon, probably this weekend.

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
i wish that tournaments would be held in NOVA cause ive been having trouble attending tournaments due to all of them being in MD

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
are there any plans for hosting a tournament in NOVA once school is out because that would be great if there was

There's this one library venue like less than a mile from my house. It's like Xanadu sized. You don't even have to pay anything so no venue fee needed. Just reserve a few weeks in advance. Anyone want to get something going there?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
There's this one library venue like less than a mile from my house. It's like Xanadu sized. You don't even have to pay anything so no venue fee needed. Just reserve a few weeks in advance. Anyone want to get something going there?
Sounds legit. But where exactly is that? An address would be cool.

I'd totally be up for going to some weeklies/bi-weeklies/smashfests. Another question though, we can get loud with it, right?

Sounds legit. But where exactly is that? An address would be cool.

I'd totally be up for going to some weeklies/bi-weeklies/smashfests. Another question though, we can get loud with it, right?
7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA

If it can be made into a tournament series, it'd probably be at most a monthly event. we can probably get loud (to a degree) if we keep the doors closed. The room is kind of on the opposite side of the building from all the reading areas

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
=D that sounds awesome if we could get a bunch of people (at least 20) then this would be perfect. im deffinitly down for a tourney (prefered if it was in june when school was out around the 10th or so)

Venue Details & Stuff

Library hours
Monday: 1-9
Tuesday: 10-9
Wednesday: 1-9
Thursday: 10-6
Friday: 10-6
Saturday: 10-5
Sunday: 1-5

I think the best 2 Saturdays to host this event are either June 11 or 18 which should be after school ends

What entry fee would everyone prefer, $5 or $10. I feel like this could be a big event, like closer to Xanadu size, but it seems like a lower fee would bring out more of our novice players. So far $10 might be the best choice since there's no venue fee and VA hasn't had a tournament in a while

Since it closes sooner on weekends, I don't think there'd be enough time for 2v2's

I have 3 TVs (1 medium, 2 small) and a working Wii with Brawl so I'm kind of supplied to run something

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Alright, I think getting some wiis wouldn't be too hard, but yeah, there'd only be time for singles. I honestly think 10 dollars is ok, because one, there's no venue fee, and two, because it's not like we've had a tournament recently. :\

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
i would say $10 - does everything have to be finished and done by 5 cause they close or can it stay longer

LineRider

Smash Cadet
Yooooo this is perfect.

Please pm me for whenever anyone in NOVA wants to brawl.

Give me your contact info and ill respond promptly.

Cheers

:phone:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
June 18th...Too bad graduation's that day. The 11th sounds better, but SiiS5 is on that day...Though I doubt too many people from here are going.

Hopefully a tourney will happen, MD/VA really needs them.

June 18th...Too bad graduation's that day. The 11th sounds better, but SiiS5 is on that day...Though I doubt too many people from here are going.

Hopefully a tourney will happen, MD/VA really needs them.
I've got a job now (but haven't started yet) and I kind of don't want to schedule something and then have to cancel it if I have work on Saturdays. I'll try to ask for Saturdays off

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
me and boss will always be down with this we live a train ride away or maybe if we can get a ride like 20 mins away. and this will be good practice for MD/VA start placing your bets.....

Top Bottom