• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Use DDD's Moveset to the Fullest

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
What's up fellow penguin users. As we all know, using DDD in a high level setting can be very difficult. Once we reach mid level play we are forced to break away from the cookie cutter playstyle and start utilizing all of our options. At first glance, we look like a really linear character but fear not! We have plenty of tools in our disposal. In this guide I will be covering all of DDD's moveset and giving tips and tidbits on how to use them effectively.

JAB
First Hitbox on Frame 12
[Combo Starter ]

As a whole, jab isn't one of our best moves. It comes out on Frame 12 which amazingly slow for a jab. For a lot characters, their jabs are uses for quick attacks to help facilitate close range combat. But in this case its a bit too slow to help us. However its not completely useless. One of my major uses for this move is using the first hit to connect to the second and then following up with a grab. It's funny watching DDD doing a Jab > Grab but it does work at mid percents. Also the window to transition from Jab 2 to the rapid hit version is really big so you always mix it up and toss in a forward tilt. If you do decide to use the rapid hit version just be careful as the lag is pretty bad. Forward Tilt is almost always a better option for keeping opponents out of your face.

DASH ATTACK
First Hitbox on Frame 26
[KO Move ]

Dash attack..one of the funniest moves in our arsenal. Its incredibly slow as well but its because of how this move operates and its animation that makes it effective at times. Plus the knockback is just pure ****. Used straight up..its retardedly bad. But if you use it to punish spotdodging or roll spamming opponents you'll find a real gem. The trick is to condition your opponent to spotdodge first. This can be achieved after a few dash grabs. Then after that if you find the right chance you can totally land this move. One of its rewarding features is that it lasts for 9 frames so there's plenty of opportunity for exaggerated punishment. Also take note that DDD's ENTIRE BODY becomes the hitbox. So if the opponent has a weakened shield and doesn't tilt it correctly and decides to block..this move will hit. (I won a few sets like this)

FORWARD TILT
First Hitbox on Frame 12
[Spacing Tool ] [Down Throw Follow Up ] [Damage Racker ]

Good ol' Forward Tilt. One of the staples in our ground game. It's not the fastest move but it makes up for it with its admirable range. It's really hard to punish this move when used at maximum distance making it a great poking tool. However, aside from that, one of this moves hidden uses lies when you connect at close range with the hilt. At most percents you can induce enough hitlag with this move to get a free grab off if you hit in close range.

Example: You Down-Throw Metaknight. You move forward and Metaknight techs in place. You use F-Tilt, and it connects. You regrab and reset the situation.

This move is definitely one of the moves you want to use liberally. The damage is minimal but so is the risk.

Also this move is really good on the ledge against certain characters. It takes covers most opponents' rolls, ledge get up, ledge get up attack and rolls. The leaves some opponents with just a ledge jump and thats still not a bad situation for us.

And if you just want safe damage, this move is guaranteed from Down-Throw on almost all of the cast.

UP-TILT
First Hitbox on Frame 7
[KO Move ][Anti Air ]

One of our killing moves. In some matchups you will find this easier to pull off than others. Its vertical range is amazing but its horizontal range is just okay. Its knockback is pretty legit though killing at just one % lower than Snake's Up-Tilt (aka the mother of all Up-Tilts). However...this move grants us Invincibility Frames on the first two frames of the move so that's a large plus. As far as other uses it has random uses. We can punish Mach Tornado with it..we can even hop over Olimar's Grab using this move at the right time..lol. But all in all this move is best suited for punishing opponents above us. It's also a decent out of shield option for laggier attacks on our shield. And its range is deceptive so you can often hit people coaxing above us trying to bait the move.

However..one the lesser known uses for this move (none of the new gen DDDs knew about this until I revived it) scoring this move from an Inhale Release. What am I talking about, you may ask? This:

Inhale Release to Happy Ending

DOWN-TILT
First Hitbox on Frame 7
Causes tripping at 0-18%
[Spacing Tool ][Down-Throw Follow Up ] [Gimping Tool ] [Semi KO Move ]

Probably one of the most underrated moves in our arsenal. Down-Tilt is pretty handy at higher levels of play. It comes out fast (especially fast when you look at the rest of our moveset...:awesome:) has great range, priority and can kill at respectable percents off the ledge. Its hitbox extends further a little past the foot and the landing lag isn't bad either (first actionable frame is 19). So when spaced its fairly safe and makes a good mixup when you use a lot of Forward Tilt. Its knockback is average but will kill at respectable percents off the side of the stage. If you space the move from the ledge you can also gimp a few recoveries also since it knocks the opponent back at a almost pure horizontal trajectory.

Also Down-Tilt is guaranteed out of a Down-Throw on certain characters if you space it at the ledge or edge of a platform correctly. Those characters are: :snake: :dedede: :dk2: :bowser2: :wolf: :yoshi2: :rob: :charizard: :ivysaur: :ness2: :lucas: (For Ness and Lucas it must be out of a grounded grab release)

NEUTRAL-AIR
First Hitbox on Frame 7
[Combo Starter ]

This is one of my personal favorites as its just extremely funny to look at. At beginning levels of play this move is tricky to find legitimate uses for. However at higher levels of DDD play this move is actually a solid choice. Its a good out of shield option when you've staled Back Air but this move's selling point lies in how long the hitbox stays out. It stays out from from 7 to 29! That's more than enough to punish airdodges (one of the better uses for this move).

One of the funnier uses for this move lies at lower percents where you can fastfall this into a grounded opponent and then immediately follow up with a Up-Tilt for a true combo that smacks for a clean 20 + %.

Also as Supreme Dirt pointed out this move will also beat Snake's Mortar which is pretty useful when he's trying to edgeguard you (you'll see this move a lot when you're trying to recover).

And in doubles this move is a godsend for aiding your teammate's recovery. The second hitbox is really weak and pops the target straight up which can really save someone in trouble.

FORWARD-AIR
First Hitbox on Frame 16
Causes tripping at 10-14%
[KO Move ]

This is actually personal favorite of mine also. The move is fairly slow but its range its hitbox are both massive. Not only does the move hit in front of DDD but it hits behind him as well; making airdodging past us a bad idea. You can also cover a LOT of ground with this move my fastfalling it when in the air. Combining DDD's amazing fast fastfall speed with this move's great power and hitbox can land for some swift kills when chasing airborne opponents. I find this move extremely effective while chasing Snake.

BACK-AIR
First Hitbox on Frame 6
Causes tripping at 0 to 10%
[Spacing Tool ][KO Move ] [Gimping Tool ] [Combo Starter ] [Damage Racker ]

Our best move. Period. This literally does everything. It kills, it gimps, it racks damage, its great out of shield, it walls opponents, it chains into itself, it ended World War II ..It's amazing. This is the go-to move in a lot of situations. It kills at respectable percents but it will more than stale due to the fact that its used for everything else. Its the staple in our defensive game play. With its great range (its hitbox extends past the foot) and its incredibly long duration on its hitbox (Frames 6 to 21!) its THE go to move for the ever powerful "Wall of Pain" technique.

This move is also just great at gimping certain recoveries. Its second hitbox is weaker than its initial one but it sends opponents at a low, horizontal trajectory. So we people with bad or average horizontal recoveries (:olimar: :marth:) or opponents with bad vertical recoveries (:dk2: :peach:) can get gimped if they aren't careful.

I remember one set I 0 to death'ed a Marth on Battlefield but chaining 3 of these off the side platform and then finishing it off with the weak hit of bair and he died at like 40%. Pure ****.

Also Short Hopped Bairs at 0 have a good chance at tripping which can lead to a free grab or Forward Tilt.

UP-AIR
First Hitbox on Frame 10
[Anti Air ]

Up-Air isn't exactly one of our best moves. Its uses are actually pretty straight forward and that is: Hitting opponents above us in the air. It never hurts to throw one of these out when your opponent is above us and in the air (perhaps a:snake: that just got out of Cypher) though and it has solid knockback. The move is SDI-able though so be careful when using it. This move's great range also makes a good option when you're under a ledge and it will always hit people that try run directly at us from the ground; giving us some breathing room.

DOWN-AIR
First Hitbox on Frame 9
[Spacing Tool ] [Combo Starter ]

A solid move in our arsenal. When spaced effectively its hard to punish and low percents it can lead into some interesting follow ups if you hit with the last hitbox. I've landed my share of Down-Air > Forward-Airs in my day. The move's damage is pretty solid if you manage to hit with the whole thing but like Up-Air..its easy to SDI out of.

Also you can get a completely lagless Down-Air if you use it immediately after a short hopped Forward Air. No one really knows why..but nonetheless it makes for a safe approach at times. You can also just Autocancel this on many platforms. If you fullhop a Dair on one the side platforms of Battlefield you'll land on it with no lag whatsoever.

UP-SMASH
First Hitbox on Frame 20
[KO Move ] [Down Throw Follow Up ] [Anti Air ]

This is a move I very rarely use. The risk is often times not worth the reward. Its slow, and its landing lag is really bad. (first actionable frame is on 61.....) The range is pretty good and it does hit behind us as well making it useful against people who try to airdodge behind you. However Up-Tilt kills sooner than this move and this is rarely something you just want to throw out there by itself.

However there are three very situational uses for this move and in these situation this move *****.

1. The first is that this move is guaranteed from a grab release on Wario if you air lease him on the ledge. Its how you often times finish Wario.

2. This move is guaranteed from a Down Throw on: :dedede: :snake: :sonic: :lucario: :bowser2: :link2: :ganondorf: :charizard: :ivysaur: :ness2:

Details can be found here:

Up-Smash out of Down-Throw

3. This last application is REALLY hard to pull off and still remains to be tested. If you Down-Throw an opponent near the ledge and they bounce off the ledge (in order for this to happen they have to be down-thrown at the perfect spot) you can follow up with a buffered Jump Canceled Up Smash. This only works on opponents who can be Chaingrabbed however. There are no videos yet but I will get one up soon.

This is one of the un-tested parts of our metagame and I will be spearheading its investigation again. More to come.

DOWN-SMASH
First Hitbox on Frame 16
[KO Move ] [Down Throw Follow Up ]

A little laggy on the start up but its a decent move all in all. Its a good punish for those to like to roll behind us, spotdodge or those who use laggy attacks on our shield. When spaced its actually hard to punish since its ending lag isn't too bad. Its got great range and pretty respectable power. The most famous application of this move however is the infamous Buuman Trap. Its another technique that was moreso used in the older DDD days. It still has its uses. In short you can land this move guaranteed off a tech chase if your opponent is near the ledge. Details can be found here:

The Buuman Trap

FORWARD-SMASH
First Hitbox on Frame 43
[KO Move ]

The Ultimate Punisher. This move is outrageously slow...but ungodly powerful in terms of knockback. Strongest Forward Smash in the game. Using this move straight up isn't an option in most cases. You have to get creative. Using it when you're opponent is near the ledge occasionally works or when you have an opponent that likes to roll too much you can also get away with this. Honestly..(and I'm famous for landing this move in Michigan XD) I find I land this move when I use it randomly but safely. If I don't know when I'm going to use it, how can the opponent? As long as I have enough space in between in myself and the opponent I may randomly throw this out. If there is any pattern to when I use this move its when I believe the opponent will approach. I may charge it..I may not charge it. I may partially charge it. I do something different with it every time but I only throw it out like twice a match ..if that. The key is just mix up how you use it. There is no guaranteed way to land this except out of a shield break.

SWALLOW (NEUTRAL-B)
[Damage Racker ] [Gimping Tool ] [Advanced Technique ]

Swallow is one of our more tricky moves to land in competitive play but definitely one of our better moves in the right hands. Maybe its because I am so heavily influenced by Coney, but this is my ace card. It has a lot of uses. First off it counts as a grab so we gain grab armor while this move is being used. This means if we are struck by a physical move while we are swallowing the opponent we'll just take damage but we'll still get the Swallow off. Simple concept. So we can use this move to trade hits at times.

One of the most common applications for this is move is a mixup by using it while B-Reversaled. Like this is a great mixup out of Back air walling and you can land many Swallows like this. You want to be a little conservative when you use Swallow though as it is punishable. I suppose how many times you use this depends on your opponent's habits. If they spotdodge a lot this move can also come in handy.

And then there's the ever famous and just flat out hilarious tool called Swallowciding...or Dededeciding. In short you Swallow while you're falling below the ledge and suicide with your opponent in your stomach. If your opponent gets too close to that ledge and you're behind drastically in percent or ahead in stocks...by all means..use it!

And hell, even just the threat of this move off the stage by the ledge can scare an opponent away from chasing you down. It definitely helps thwart edgeguard attempts on occasion.

Lastly, because this move counts as a grab you can strip people of their recoveries if you catch them in it before they land on the stage as long as you don't spit them out. However they HAVE to be resisting. If they don't resist you will automatically spit them out.

WADDLE DEE TOSS (SIDE-B)
[KO Move ] [Damage Racker ]

I love our Side-B. It has so many uses. Its an attack, its a defense mechanism vs projectiles, its even useful for refreshing our moves. The Waddle Dee, Doo and Gordo all have their uses. Waddle Dees aren't very useful besides throw them into the opponent but I use them commonly for refreshing our moveset. A quick F-Tilt or D-Tilt will do the trick. Waddle Doos are useful can help lead into combos and regrabs with their decently ranged laser beams (it is SDIable though). And then there's the Gordos. Killing machines. The bounce in all sorts of weird directions and can stay out for long periods of time. Be careful though, because they can be reflected (the only one that can be).

Also I just want to throw this out there. Do not use this move up close! This move is sooo punishable. Its just a good long distance move though..mid range if you think you can use it to intercept the opponent's movements.

Lastly..make sure you practice angling your Toss. By holding Up and Down you can control the arc of the toss after the initial input. By holding Left and Right you can control the distance if you do this DURING the initial input. Practice this a lot and learn to "Throw those Kobes" ;)

SUPER DEDEDE JUMP (UP-B)
[KO Move ] [Recovery Tool ]

Our recovery move. It has its good and it has its bad.

The Good: It has Super Armor Frames on its entire ascension. This means when you are rising you can't get knocked out of the move by anything. You will take damage but you will continue the attack.

It covers a nice distance boasting both good horizontal and vertical distance. Coupled with our 5 jumps we can cover a lot of ground.

It spikes people REALLY HARD on its descent.

The Bad: ITS REALLY EASY TO PUNISH. The move is slow as hell and once we start falling...we can be hit out of it. We do have the option to cancel it but we can still be punished.

One of biggest roadblocks new DDDs will face is the recovery.

While it covers a lot of ground its punishable at many times. You have to be tricky with it. Sometimes landing on the stage without canceling it is the best choice. We do get those protective stars that pop out from both sides when we land. It somewhat makes up for the fact that the landing lag is pretty bad.

Sometimes we just need to cancel it. If we cancel it and land on the stage successfully, the bright side is that the landing lag isn't bad at all. And when we do cancel it, you need to mixup when you do it. You can do it at ANY time.

Sometimes it helps if you just go for the ledge as well when you cancel it or pretend like you're going for the ledge. You have totally options though they are limited. You just need to not have a pattern when you use this move. Ideally you want to avoid using this altogether if you can avoid it. Learning to avoid getting hard punished just requires practice.

JET HAMMER(DOWN-B)
Causes tripping at 10-15% (only uncharged)
[KO Move ]

Probably the most useless move in our arsenal. It can be charged to gain insane knock back but the range on the move as well as the speed is pretty bad. It gains some range when you charge but its still really hard to hit with. However we can jump while using this so this move can be useful as an extreme punish on airdodges or on opponents that are above us on a platform. This move does occasionally serve its purpose as an extreme punish when you've read a tech chase correctly. Frankly, there is almost always a better option than this move.

The only time I have ever landed a kill with this in singles is when I was chasing an Olimar that was recovering on the stage and he used the Pikmin Whistle and I predicted it so I had Jet Hammer charged, waited for the Whistle and then jumped and landed with it.

However, for a really detailed analysis on the move click here!

You might walk away with a few new tidbits about how to use this move properly. :)

FORWARD-THROW
[Damage Racker ]

A good throw. It does 13% fresh which is pretty good for a throw. Its use is really limited however. Its just meant to get people to get out of our space or off the stage. I usually only use this move, when Back Throw has been staled significantly. It's still good though. The damage is legit.

BACK-THROW
[Damage Racker ] [Semi KO Move ]

The most damaging throw in the game. It does 17% fresh! You haven't seen damage like that on a throw since Smash 64. Its just a great damage racking tool for us. Especially against opponents we can't Chaingrab. This move > 2 D-Throws. Its uses are simple but its definitely top tier in our arsenal. This move can also kill if the opponent isn't prepared to DI it.

UP-THROW

The worst of our throws..though not entirely useless. Its main and probably only use is getting opponents in the air that are particularly bad at getting back on the ground without getting juggled. Characters like :marth: :rob: :snake: can be put in bad situations using this attack. But for damage or for any other purpose, Back and Forward Throw are better options.

DOWN-THROW
[Combo Starter ] [Damage Racker ]

Our best throw and one our best moves. Its used for Chaingrabbing, tech chasing, edgeguarding and just putting the opponent in a bad situation. I could write a book on this move. Or I could just link this:

Vayseth's Chaingrab and Down Throw Guide

Read it. ALL OF IT.

I do want to add in a few notes that aren't in this guide though linked above. On Pokemon Stadium 2, on the ice phase and the electric phase with the conveyor belts you can follow up with a Down or Up Smash as well as any tilt you want out of Down Throw. If you're using this on the ice, it must be out of a dash grab so you get the full sliding animation. This leads to some guaranteed kills :)

So there you have it guys. I may be editing this as we go on in case I forgot anything. Of course if there are things you as the reader want to add, then feel free to post what you know. All of my projects are for the community and interactive as well. Hopefully whether you're a beginner or experienced penguin user, you walked away with something useful. Thanks again for your time!

- TC

:dedede:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Awesome as always. I also didn't know we could also control the distance on Minion Toss.

Also lol, I've been doing the Buuman trap without realizing it couldn't be escaped on my friend's Olimar.

Also, NAir beats Snake's Mortar. Just one of those small things which is incredibly useful about the move.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah there's a few more things I should add in and I will when I remember them lol

But glad you like.

Soon..I shall have enough info to make a full guide :)

EDIT: I added a few things to the OP as well. I may go further in depth.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, something I just remembered which might be useful to mention.

Fullhop DAir ACs on the lower battlefield platforms, as well as a number of others.

Fullhop DAir to UTilt sounds plausible.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
d-grab to d-tilt works on rob as well, might wanna update that. I can't remember if it works on lucario or not though, maybe not but I dont really play any to begin with.

Also, its probaly worth noting that n-air is amazing for teams to save ur partner and such.

Overall great guide, i learned 2 things from it

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm glad everyone likes the guide, I put a great deal of time into making presentable :) To be honest, I enjoy doing this stuff though.

Also I added the little tidbits Dirt and DewDaDash suggested.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
What frame is the earliest Inhale can Inhale someone? I'm doing stuff on frame advantage right now.

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
DThrow > DTilt works on Charizard and Ivysaur too. And you can also land a DTilt after a ground release on Lucas and Ness.

Amazing job TC, nice to finally see at least some frame data on our moves...

Forever Forgotten

Smash Rookie
B-Air is great for punishing edge-hoggers. It always has resulted in the death of the opponent whenever I've done it.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
This is an amazing guide dude. I learned a lot. And I agree with with you: his b-air is his best move. I can win just about any set with that, his up and side tilts and his throws.
Great job!

Klunker

Smash Rookie
Nice guide. I have a few questions.

I'm an "old school" brawl player. Me and my buddy got really into it two years ago and still play every once and awhile (usually to get drunk (1life, 1 min, both random - loser drink 2, winner drink 1, same character drink 1.)) but haven't kept on like we used too. We're getting an apartment this upcoming semester and more than most likely going to get back into it.

My questions are, you refer to "old DDD days". Was there a patch or something that changed the game? Was there something really game changing or anything? Probably should look for it, but I just came on to browse for a bit and came across all this. Was there like some revolutionary 3D find?

Next, my favorite use for the Swollow is using it as a short hop. The grab armor frames really wreck people who don't like to wait, or throw out a spot dodge at every initiation attempt. Same for whenever they try to jump in. It's one of those after they get caught in it 4-5 times, they'll start being more cautious about being offensive and defensive. It's also fun to sometimes jump off the ledge and try and catch them. More options to keep them going wtf.

Next, early percentages on medium/heavier opponents (snake and such) you can use the upthrow to an upair for easy percentages.

Dash attack works wonders after doing chaingrabs to your opponent. I catch SO many people with it because the initial reaction is to spot dodge and the animation lasts just long enough to hit them (or you can stall for a little before and it'll still hit).

You should add in that with Waddle dee's have a LAZAR that pretty much set up a free forward smash/uptilt so you want to protect him in a way. Or atleast follow beside him. When he's about to go off the ledge, throw him back into the middle. Also, tell people to be careful because if you try to grab when one of those little *******s are around, you'll throw instead of grab (same with attack with "A", I think.).

On Pokemon stadium 2, on the ice level. If you're on one side and they are on the other, you can charge up your forward smash on the ice and you'll slide across it for as long as you keep charging it. (this works for most characters).

All I can really remember right now. But I'll keep looking around to see if I can answer my own question. But other than that, great guide.

ZTD | TECHnology

My questions are, you refer to "old DDD days". Was there a patch or something that changed the game? Was there something really game changing or anything? Probably should look for it, but I just came on to browse for a bit and came across all this. Was there like some revolutionary 3D find?
There have been discoveries ( you can check out my directory) but I am just referring to the older days of the game where there were WAYYYYY more D3s around. That is simply what I mean :)

Next, my favorite use for the Swollow is using it as a short hop. The grab armor frames really wreck people who don't like to wait, or throw out a spot dodge at every initiation attempt. Same for whenever they try to jump in. It's one of those after they get caught in it 4-5 times, they'll start being more cautious about being offensive and defensive. It's also fun to sometimes jump off the ledge and try and catch them. More options to keep them going wtf.
Hmm....I don't short hop it enough. That is a legit use though.

Next, early percentages on medium/heavier opponents (snake and such) you can use the upthrow to an upair for easy percentages.
They can DI the throw and SDI out of the Up Air...its seems impractical but maybe as a good mixup.

Dash attack works wonders after doing chaingrabs to your opponent. I catch SO many people with it because the initial reaction is to spot dodge and the animation lasts just long enough to hit them (or you can stall for a little before and it'll still hit).
Depends entirely on the opponent. Some characters have strict timing on the CG and will instinctively react in case you screw up (example: Peach buffering Jabs in case you're off a frame on your regrab). It can still serve a nice mix up..nothing I would rely on.

You should add in that with Waddle dee's have a LAZAR that pretty much set up a free forward smash/uptilt so you want to protect him in a way. Or atleast follow beside him. When he's about to go off the ledge, throw him back into the middle. Also, tell people to be careful because if you try to grab when one of those little *******s are around, you'll throw instead of grab (same with attack with "A", I think.).
Waddle Doos have their uses for sure. And the laser has led to interesting situations. Sometimes if I CG near an opponen and a Doo is about to shot the Laser I will Forward Throw into the Laser and then do a regrab for a sexy amount of damage.

Just remember the Laser is really SDIable. High level opponents wont allow themselves to get put in a situation from a Waddle chilling on the stage. Requires some setups.
Very good point the accidental grabs with Waddles. I will definitely mention that.

On Pokemon stadium 2, on the ice level. If you're on one side and they are on the other, you can charge up your forward smash on the ice and you'll slide across it for as long as you keep charging it. (this works for most characters).
Forgot to mention that....and its pretty funny ;)

All I can really remember right now. But I'll keep looking around to see if I can answer my own question. But other than that, great guide.
Thanks! I appreciate your suggestions and feedback.

Klunker

Smash Rookie
So did like something happened that caused the great depression of 3D?

I dun get it. Still a Penguin fan because of his crouch. Nothing better than taunting your opponent without taunting.

ZTD | TECHnology

:metaknight: happened. lol

People realized D3 has substantial amount of bad MUs and didn't feel like getting ***** by Metaknight. Also everyone was under the impression that his metagame advancement is completely done so they moved on...many of them went to :metaknight:. So there are VERY few of us. Most people think D3 is just a secondary character these days. But I still have faith. So much so that I even switched from my old main since 2008 :snake: lol.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Its rewarding.....but its still gay. I was just extremely stubborn. Its wayyyy easier to use a secondary but if you're determined you beat good MKs. If they know the MU well though...good luck rofl.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Use UpSmash.

All the time.

Also if MK didn't have Shuttle Loop it'd be a billion times easier.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'll say this. Learning the Buuman trap makes getting the kill a bit less of a hassle. I've noticed that Skinutski from Finland uses it consistently and it reminded me to use it again.

Klunker

Smash Rookie
See, my problem with the Buuman trap is that I understand how it works and the setups, but I just can't get it to work. Lol. Not sure If I can't time it right because my friend always reads the wakeup or what. It just doesn't work for me.

Coney

Smash Master
I'm seconding pikachu for a few megagay matchups...

But I WANT to learn to fight MK with Dedede...
give it up

i admit it is SO satisfying beating an mk with ddd, as i imagine it is for all characters disadvantaged, but it's only because you're playing with a hand tied behind your back. it's probably impossible to beat top MKs consistently with ddd

Doc King

Smash Lord
give it up

i admit it is SO satisfying beating an mk with ddd, as i imagine it is for all characters disadvantaged, but it's only because you're playing with a hand tied behind your back. it's probably impossible to beat top MKs consistently with ddd
MK can be very frustrating to fight, unless if your using Diddy or Falco. :awesome:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
DThrow > DTilt works on Charizard and Ivysaur too. And you can also land a DTilt after a ground release on Lucas and Ness.
I tried doing a ground release to dtilt on Ness, but he always manages to powershield it just in time. Are you sure it's a true combo and not just a frame trap?

:metaknight: happened. lol

People realized D3 has substantial amount of bad MUs and didn't feel like getting ***** by Metaknight. Also everyone was under the impression that his metagame advancement is completely done so they moved on...many of them went to :metaknight:. So there are VERY few of us. Most people think D3 is just a secondary character these days. But I still have faith. So much so that I even switched from my old main since 2008 :snake: lol.
Didn't M2K start out w/ DDD but then he switched to MK later on? XD Lolz, I happen to be the exact opposite. Before the game came out, I chose MK as my main cuz he was so cool (little did I know he would become so gay). A couple years later, I selected D3 as my secondary. Now that MK's banned, D3 has become my primary. :p

i admit it is SO satisfying beating an mk with ddd, as i imagine it is for all characters disadvantaged
In other words, every character other than MK... :p

I need to add that in actually. Originally I didn't think this was real...but it is lol
You never added this in yet. When will we get see this interesting bit of info?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
So, I need some feedback on this. I realize that one of DDD's biggest probs is Olimar. It's a -2 if things haven't changed. I'm picking up Marth as a secondary to deal with this. Thus, I would like your opinions on two things. Is learning Marth to complement DDD a good idea? Also, how does DDD actually get in on Olimar?

Lof

Smash Cadet
Excellent guide :) Alot of great stuff really appreciated. In most fighting games I love grapple based characters or characters whos fighting style revolves around grappling Ill definetely have to try to get good with DDD.

Top Bottom