• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UM Triweekly 1 Results [5/7/11 - Ann Arbor, MI]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
UM Triweekly 1 Results
5/7/11

Ann Arbor, MI

* We did doubles pools for seeding, with everyone making it into bracket.

Doubles Bracket
10 teams total
1: Shady/Moose ($55.00)
2: Kalamazhu/Abu ($30.00)
3: Scotu/Bowyer ($15.00)
4: Velynn/Kail
5: dablackpacman/Soul
5: Chad/Juggleguy
7: Dre/Toadster
7: Brainjack/BloodyJoker
9: Quaa/Q
9: Warlock Don/Ryejew

* We did singles pools for seeding, with everyone making it into bracket.

Singles Bracket
32 entrants total
1: Shady ($88.00)
2: Velynn ($48.00)
3: Moose ($24.00)
4: SCOTU
5: Juggleguy
5: Kalamazhu
7: 1der
7: Lain
9: Dre
9: SlayerTokey
9: Kail
9: Brainjack
13: Soul
13: Bowyer
13: Abu
13: Toadster
17: Roki
17: HIV+
17: Quaa
17: Tremor
17: Hellsing
17: dbpm
17: Warlock Don
17: RyeJew
25: Chad
25: Q
25: Aceplayer
25: Dr. D
25: tormed
25: Calvin
25: BloodyJoker
25: Akon

Congrats to Shady on his first career singles victory in Michigan. For those who didn't know, he's an old school MI player who moved to Texas, then he moved back here about a year ago, and I think we can all agree that his presence has helped MI Melee make a big comeback. Good job Andy!

- - - - -

I'll also re-post my shoutouts from right after the tourney:

Thanks everyone who showed up to this, I had a lot of fun, especially with more free time to play everyone.

Moose vs Juggleguy was my favorite set in a long time, good games Mark.

A warmed up SCOTU = still the best Fox main in Michigan, good games Dan.

SlayerTokey and 1der are way too good, I was definitely sweating it out in both of those losers bracket sets. Good games guys.

Pools: Rye's Ness is the freakin business. Quaa's Falcon is more unpredictable than Lain's time of arrival. And Kalamazhu will be the second most valuable addition to the UM Fall 2011 recruiting class (behind Teczero of course =P). Good games everyone.

I'm really impressed with how much everyone has improved, especially Kzhu/Abu bulldozing through teams, and East MI making their presence known. Good games to Soul, Warlock Don, and HIV+ in friendlies throughout.

Thanks to the Toledo guys for coming out, East MI for representing strong, West MI as always for making the tough drive, MSU for being the most chill dudes ever, Bowyer for carrying most of the TO burden, and Chad for teaming with me.

Shoutouts to Lain for showing up on time. Anti-shoutouts to Gio, Bot, Jungle, Mute, Solo, Kinglit, Duck, and Bigy >_> for not showing up.

- - - - -

Hope to see everyone at UMT2 on May 28th!

Moooose

Smash Champion
i had shoutouts in the other thread too, but i forgot to say good **** to both shady and velynn. one day i'll beat you guys haha
also everyone i played in bracket ended up at least 9th place haha

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
1: Shady - I was ****in you up in teams fo' realz, lol. I got you next time (In teams at least)
2: Velynn - Nice practice teams games, too bad I didn't get to play you afterwards.
3: Moose - Almost had you...next time.
4: SCOTU - Still got it.
5: Juggleguy - Didn't play you, let's play at BAMF so I can mess you up.
7: 1der - Good games man, lost my momentum in the second match :/
9: Brainjack - Marth dittos suck
13: Soul - Good stuff in pools, your Mario is mad good.
13: Bowyer - Great job running the tournament.
13: Toadster - umad? lol, chill out man.
17: Tremor - Thanks fer driving brah.
17: Warlock Don - Good teams matches.
17: RyeJew - Sweet Ness man, keep it up.
25: Chad - You woulda had me man, had to pull out that nasty G&W. Good games.
25: Dr. D - Fun friendlies, keep workin on that DK and Pika.
25: tormed - Awesome Zelda, she always worries me lol.
25: BloodyJoker - RREEEEAAAACCCHHH

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
ahhhh finally my first win

2: Velynn ($48.00) - ahhhhhhhhh finally over the velynn hump for a week, only took about 6 tourneys
3: Moose - i think the count is 7-0 now, i just remember hearing "you don't care anymore", and then somehow i bring it back later in the mm we did
4: SCOTU - as rob's post said, I guess you've been practicing? that fox is wayyyyyy better than the last time we played at.. SWEET I? (no disrespect)
5: Juggleguy - haha even though you think i was sandbagging in marth vs falcon, i wasn't man, i was seriously hoping I didn't play you in the bracket
5: Kalamazhu - i never knew peach was so amazing, good set
7: 1der - good fox
9: Dre - its true you **** me up in teams, luckily moose carried me in that set
13: Soul - your mario is insanely good, im like in awe just watching you combo my fox
13: Toadster - time to switch to falco! or realize fox is amazing too
17: Tremor - why arent you placing top 5 like you should be
17: dbpm - always a good set to play with you marth vs link

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Velynn's posts are the shortest, but also the scariest for that very reason. Plus the Geno icon looks mad angry.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
1: Shady ($88.00) - major grats, good to know theres a red marth in our area repping that Ken color
2: Velynn ($48.00) - heard you pulled a falco in gf, a jigs main playing a spacie just sounds like gg spacing, ^_^, get em next time
3: Moose ($24.00) - lol dude, still havent played you, I gotta put in a request to your secretary in between ur matches sometime
4: SCOTU - teech me fox (plx)
5: Juggleguy - dat DK son, I didnt wanna have it come down to grab 0-deaths vs drillshine infinites but we'll see how well I do next time
5: Kalamazhu - gg peach as always, and grats in teams
7: 1der - gg fox, always fun to play really precise spacies
7: Lain - lol, I liked when I ***** ur marth that one match, didnt know u had such a soft spot for shine spikes, I'll remember that next time, ^_^
9: Dre - definitely saw that g&w, lol
9: SlayerTokey - I heard u play d2 a ton, get at me when d3 comes out
9: Kail - thanks a ton for all the di and matchup advice, and the kail kombo is rather sick indeed
9: Brainjack - good friendlies
13: Soul - you gotta get me in on some mario dittos, get me prepared for those scorp vs scorp pride matches
13: Bowyer - dat uptilt! good job to'ing
13: Abu - good job in teams
13: Toadster - didnt play
17: Roki - get better skrub
17: HIV+ - always good playin ya sir, I need to falco ditto you tonz more next time
17: Quaa - a lot of improvement from you since we last met, Im likin where ur falcon's going
17: Tremor - didnt play
17: Hellsing - lol, a sleepy hellsing is a happy roki
17: dbpm - shoulda warned me about those iceclimbers (or went all link like I hoped for, hehe)
17: Warlock Don - very fun friendlies and teams
17: RyeJew - falcon free for allz boye
25: Chad - son, we need to double fox the next tourney, I think we can do it with one or two smashfests under our belt
25: Q - work on hitting the knees at the end of ur already deadly combos and you'll be a force sir
25: Aceplayer - teehee, dat ganon, wtf
25: Dr. D - didnt play
25: tormed - didnt play
25: Calvin - one of the funnest players to spacie fight with, I'm bummed out that last match had to end so anticlimactically, get at me for hella friendlies next time
25: BloodyJoker - fun teams, lol, falcon punch for dayz
25: Akon - didnt play

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Woah I can't remember the last time I saw someone not named Velynn win a MI tourney. Good **** Shady! **** yeah, Marths are winning again :)

Since Juggleguy was there, I'm assuming there are gonna be vids?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There won't be vids from this tourney =( and I'm too embarrassed/frustrated to explain again why that's the case.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Rob, bring that video file with you if you come over tonight and I'll see if I can do anything about it.

T___T

Well okay, fair enough haha.

Oh, also cool to see Scotu still plays. I can't wait to go to UM to be able to play all of you guys again :)
Unless I get a job in/around AA you'll get here right as I leave :(

Kail

Smash Lord
Oh dear where else would it be?

I don't remember much from this tournament other then it seems like I didn't play much.

Moose: Stupid Falco being such an *** hole.
Kzhu: I live forever. I swear I'll figure out how to be more patient and not rush into you all the time.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Sorry Rob, idfk what to do w/ those vids. Tried a couple of stream/index fixing/reconstruction tools but they either did nothing, errored out, or produced invalid results. But yeah, I'd suggest sitting down with your external HDD and having a nice long conversation where you convince it to be NTFS, and use whatever codecs/level of compression you're used to using (personally I find that divx @ 1000-1500kbps is enough video quality for youtube while still being very easy on your cpu, and lame mp3 CBR-- NOT VBR --at 128-160 kbps)

Top Bottom