• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OM2 (Oklahoma Monthlies)

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Melee, Brawl, Arcana Heart 3
May 28th, 2011 (Saturday)
Norman, OK

Contact Information- PM SolidusSpriggan!, or text Forest Sharp - 405 464 5348
Housing available upon request. PM or TXT me.
Turnouts are expected to be rising, so we need equipment. Mostly TVS. If you have lagfree (Tube/CRT) TVs please bring them. If you bring a setup I'll waive your venue fee!

Welcome to the 2nd round of Oklahoma Monthlies.
AKA The Norman Oklahoma Monthlies. Don't think that we are focusing on Norman, these events hope to reach players statewide and beyond.
The purpose of monthlies is twofold.
1. To improve our game in state and prepare for tournaments.
2. Encourage an active scene of amateurs and professionals.
HxC is running Halo Reach 4v4 another part of the building, for info on that go here.

Heritiage Room in the Oklahoma Memorial Student Union at the University of Oklahoma (2nd floor, location of OH SNAP 5! remember that?)
900 Asp Ave # 428
Norman, OK 73069-4849

The parking meters are free on Saturday.
There are many parking lots nearby one block away on street Jenkins and on Trout street.
Garage parking is $2 per hour
[collapse=Expand for map of building interior]

[/collapse]Time
Setup 11:30 PM
Regsitration Opens 12:00 PM
Registration Closes 1:00 PM
Tournaments Begin 1:30 PM (Arcana after Melee Singles end)
Afterwards smashfest/fightnight at my place!

Fees
$5 Community Fee (Waived if you bring a full lagfree smash setup with TV, or a full capture setup.)
$5 Smash Singles
$10 Smash Teams (per team, $5 per player)
$5 for Arcana Heart 3
(if AH3 has less than 8 entrants it will be round robin, and a free single elim bracket with candy prizes will be held afterwards.)

Payout for all Tournaments
<8 entrants = 70/30
>8 but <24 = 60/30/10
>24 = 55/25/15/5

Melee (Singles and Teams)
These rules will be subject to change on a monthly basis for the purpose of preparation for tournaments Oklahoma plans to host or attend.
[collapse=Melee Rules]
Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:
  • Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  • Regular sets are best of 3 matches until Loser's/Winner's/Grand Finals which is 3/5 games.
  • The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
  • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  • Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON

Counter Pick System

1. Blind Picks character selection.
  2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
  3. The first match is played.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
  5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
  7. The losing player picks character.
  8. The next match is played.
  9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
[/collapse]

Brawl (Singles and Teams)
[Collapse=Brawl Rules]

Starter Stage List:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Stage List:

• Battleship Halberd
  • Brinstar
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Pictochat
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Rainbow Cruise

General Rules
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
All infinites are legal.
Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Team Attack set to "On"
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.[/collapse]

Arcana Heart 3 Mini-Tourney
[Collapse=Arcana Heart 3 Rules]
Round Time: 60 seconds
2/3 games until Loser's/Winner's/Grand Finals which is 3/5 games.
4:3 Resolution
Simple Mode: OFF
[/collapse]

Were adding some Arcana Heart 3. Why? Because this game has a burgeoning scene and is honestly one of the best most interesting fighters to be released since Melee in 2001 or Guilty Gear in 2002. Most of our Melee scene is playing it right now, and I want to have a place where they can play all the games they love at once. I encourage others to check the game out and play some friendlies! (When PSN comes back up and you can ****ing buy it)

Becuase of the PSN outage...Arcana Heart is FREE! Candy will be offered as prizes.
It will begin After Melee is over.

Finally, Witchita Falls, Midwest City, and Tulsa people, I hope to see you at these.

I also would like everyone to provide me and Hazy directly with input, and encourage the use of the oklahoma Smash facebook group.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Because we are going to be refining them as they go along. I don't want the wrong impression to be had, nor do I want players to pass them by because they forget to check our local thread.

Denti

Smash Master
I should be attending brawl singles. Anyone from oklahoma wana team for doubles? :)

Realistically how many people will be entering brawl singles and doubles? How many people entered brawl in the last one?

Also once again, someone should team with me. ;D

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hey Denti! Last time we had 12 singles and 5 doubles. We hope to see more this time around due to reduced entry prices, get the word out guys.
Please invite ppl on the facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=201212983247652

You are free to come to my place for fighting game friendlies afterwards (we'll play anything, yep even brawl)
and crash here if you want, not that its a long drive but you are welcome.

Denti

Smash Master
I guess the last time people were uninterested in brawl since it was 10$, hopefully it will help with the turnout. I'm bringing myself and hopefully someone will join my carpool. :D

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Updated Arcana heart info. WithPSN back up

$5 for Arcana Heart 3
(if AH3 has less than 8 entrants it will be round robin, and a free single elim bracket with candy prizes will be held afterwards.)

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
and 5 day bump!
We need setups, please bring TVs for a venue fee discount!

It should also be noted that BBCS2 will make an appearance and if we have the interest it will run after Arcana Heart 3.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'll bring a setup if I don't forget about it. I'll probably forget.

EDIT: we should record melee. Somehow.

EDITEDIT: I also think payout for melee should be top 3 :o

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring a setup if I don't forget about it. I'll probably forget.

EDIT: we should record melee. Somehow.

EDITEDIT: I also think payout for melee should be top 3 :o
We should record Melee somehow, if people start showing up maybe we can save a few dollars from the venue fee for enough months to get a recording setup for our crews.

Updated Smash payouts:
<8 entrants = 70/30
>8 but <24 = 60/30/10
>24 = 55/25/15/5

Woooooooo, hype! I believe I'm bringing a carpool of 5 people.
Uh oh, hope chuck nasty is coming into town.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Pffft, **** that foo', now that I'm back in the game baby, ain't no one OoS taking top honors. HOLLLA

DualCats

Smash Ace
My setup is in my car so even if I forget about it I can't fail. Unless I die. Also, I like the idea of using fees to get a recording setup.

Talis

Smash Rookie
How many people are you expecting to attend this time? And i my friend and I were to bring Gamecube controllers would we be allowed to use them?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yea, everyone's actually encouraged to bring their own controllers unless you modded them to cheat or something lol

Can't answer turnout questions though cause I'm not even sure of it, but even if it's small, dude, you'll get lots of games in with everyone.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
How many people are you expecting to attend this time? And i my friend and I were to bring Gamecube controllers would we be allowed to use them?
Please bring your own gamecube controllers.

For Brawl I am expecting around 16. Including players from TX.

For Melee and Arcana Heart probably 8-12

And yes, there will be alot of friendlies afterwards. I will invite people over to my house in the evening for casuals as well. And for what its worth, Naruto Keychains for the best newcomer player as well, that might be you!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'll probably need to crash with someone tomorrow night, if we're having all these friendlies and whatnot afterward like I think we are.

BOWLING TEAMS PRIME TIME GO GO GO

Top Bottom