• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "From the Ashes" at ACL Sydney!!! 2nd and 3rd of July!!!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
it's what happens when there are hardly any tournaments in 9 months.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nsw melee also looked bleak a while ago, until newcomer zxv burst onto the scene
now him and ted are 2nd and 7th in the country
time to rep nsw for brawl invisi, show the world that much talked about pit potential
coz sadly "top players" scoot and shaya are utter trash

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
time to rep nsw for brawl invisi, show the world that much talked about pit potential
Haha, I hate to disappoint you, but I don't think I'm quite that good. My Pit just isn't cheap enough.

swordsaint

Smash Master
nsw melee also looked bleak a while ago, until newcomer zxv burst onto the scene
now him and ted are 2nd and 7th in the country
coz sadly "top players" scoot and shaya are utter trash
dekaaaar, i wanna ask legitimitely and not this constant trashtalking, do you really think we're trash?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
scoot, let's face reality here, nsw is obviously not nearly as good at brawl as we used to be. even if dekar's "just trashtalking" it's still true.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hahaha scrubs.

nsw was the ****, and then we got over the game and stopped practicing, the only game time we got in was at tourneys, and it still took vic more then a year to get better then us from that point.

vic worst in game.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
i dunno what nsw you're talking about but we always were and still are quite regular with meets....

also leish you should say it imo, nsw needs some stirring up if **** is ever gonna change.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
when you say we, you mean you and ted and zxv and scoot and maybe gords

all the fire is gone.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sydney?

Seriously guys shield to shield drop reshield
Dash up spot dodge
Walk forward immediate pivot grab
Jump and just instantly land into grabs
Dash Dance away into a back roll (****ing mindgames)
Sh ff air dodge once a year as a cross over
Just wait a second, it wouldn't kill you
****ing rar more ****ing back airs
stutter step more fsmashes
use your walk to slide into moves
poke their shield once and then **** their bad habbits
Pay attention to when your opponent fast falls from the air, most people have similar timings
Most player's immediate responses after grabbing the ledge are always the same, its when they pause first that you have to bother to read them.
Run off the stage/platforms and back air them, jesus.
Footstool jump them when they get too much into the habit of punishing landings while on the ground, alternatively be god tier pro and fast fool foostool them in their jump start up.
Smash DI assumed combo moves in either the 'right way' or unpredictably, i bet your character has an uair thats just throbbing to hit someone from below them all of a sudden
go for hard reads as often as possible when you are in a good position. One [good] hard read is a stock.
go for the ledge rather than trying to land on the ground against a MAJORITY of characters.
Safe position double jump fast falls noobs.
dash forward and keep going behind them
running upsmash is the hard read that works on everyone with mostly easy conditioning (for non-bad characters) > hurr this guy jumps when I do this. ****.
Run up and shield. It's ****ing broken.
Fishing for a kill move is stupid. Just grab them.
Upwards angle forward tilts - ****ing broken.
Ducking - you can do everything out of it, but people think you'll dtilt. ****ing Broken Jesus.
It isn't hard to know the spacing of all of your opponent's get up options from the ledge, why aren't you ****** them at least 66% of the time?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Played brawl the other day, reminded me why I stopped playing it. Also everyone is trash, especially JP, worst Ganon in the universe.

Top Bottom