• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSI Presents: Charity Gaming II (5/21/11)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Thank you everyone who made it out to the event. We'll be running (hopefully) Bi-weekly events next school year starting in September, alternating Brawl and Melee as the focus. For this tournament, $235 dollars will be donated to children who are suffering from terminal illnesses via video games, video games consoles, books, movies, board games, and any special requests they make. Thank you to everyone who helped and donated - we will detail exactly where the money is going during this summer when the OSI club makes the trips out to the hospitals.

We hope everyone had a good time at the event. In all there were 37 entrants between the two events. We had over 25 TVs split between Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64. We also had two projectors running which helped move things along. We also got the Coke Grant (again!), so hopefully everyone enjoyed the treat of free Coke, Sprite, Mellow Yellow, and bottled water.

AiB Results Coming Soon![/URL]​

Brawl Singles Bracket
Image Coming Soon!

Singles Results (15 Entrants, $75 in Prizes - $75 to Charity)

1: Y.b.M. ($41)
2: Smash64 ($22)
3: AlphaZealot ($12)
4: SneakyTako
5: Roman K
5: The Keist
7: TSpice
7: Off the Heezay
9: Npizzle
9: Red
9: Riku
9: Rib
13: Reed Searcy
13: Mars
13: 38VW

Brawl Doubles Bracket
Image Coming Soon!

Singles Results (15 Entrants, $25 in Prizes - $25 to Charity)

1: AlphaZealot & Z ($15)
2: SneakyTako & Smash64 ($10)
3: Off the Heezay & Donatus
4: D10 & Riku
5: Ty & Kexx

Melee Singles Bracket
Image Coming Soon!

Singles Results (22 Entrants, $110 in Prizes - $110 to Charity)

1: Darkwingduck ($60)
2: 1der ($33)
3: Paradigm ($17)
4: Ty
5: SudoChop
5: Soap
7: Panda
7: Reside
9: Booker
9: Ian Robinson
9: Quivo
9: ShadowPhoenix
13: Rob Parks
13: Stinkomin
13: Chris
13: Mystic
17: Tylenol PM
17: Achilles
17: Dayzon
17: EricHimself
17: Ray Gordon
25: Zens

Melee Doubles Bracket
Coming Soon!

Doubles Results (5 Teams, $25 in Prizes - $25 to Charity)
1: Darkwingduck & SudoChop ($15)
2: Paradigm & Reside ($10)
3: EricHimself & 1der
4: Panda & Manbearpig
5: Booker & Mystic

Smash 64 Singles Bracket
Image Coming Soon!

Singles Results (8 Entrants)
1: Incendia
2: Reside
3: Soap
4: SudoChop
5: Dr. Q
5: Mabe
7: Mike
7: Demarcus

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Could you add the team name for 1st place melee doubles "4 Jeff" plxz

1der - Holy ****, what else can I say... I wish you lived closer man.
AZ - Good to see you as always, Chris.
Booker - Glad you could make it out, crazy coincidence we ran into each other again
Eric - Scary scary scary in doubles man, i was on the verge of ****ting a brick both those matches
Ian - Hey duder, I didn't realize you lived in the area, hope to see ya more
Mystic - magic magic magic magic magic smash magic
Paradigm - The grasshopper is a full fledged mantis :O our mushroom kingdom II and pokefloats fights were legendary
Quivo - Can't believe I didnt get to play ya man, good to see you again
Reside - Avery! We need to play SCBW sometime! Great to see you as always
Shadowphoenix - nice to see you again, your yoshi is sick matt
Soap a dope - shake that rust off, son! really shoulda let me switch chars first bud. And I saw you sandbagging against that girl in 64, you don't want to meet girls at a bar or smash tournament McLovin, try a yoga session or gardening class.

time to collapse onto my bed

edit: Celebration

oliman

Smash Journeyman
wish i could have made it. looking forward to future tourney being announced :)

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Had lots of fun. I guess OSU has quite a few Smash players. Guess I'll do some comments too:

1der- Insane Fox, man. Your shield pressure game is intense; gonna have to learn how to combat that sometime.
Eric - Didn't see your tournament matches; surprised your Fox didn't get as far as it did. It's pretty good.
Ian - For how little you've been playing, you've got Falco's fundamentals down pretty well. We're both OSU students -- we'll have to meet up sometime for friendlies.
Paradigm - The friendlies were fun. Your missiles just come out so fast. They haunt my dreams.
Roommate #1 - Rob Parks - You got, like, three byes. Jerk.
Roommate #2 - Chirs Holm - You beat up on an eight-year old. Jerk.
ShadowPhoenix - I didn't even know Yoshi was playable in tournaments. Damn.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I think more people should start coming out to these events. They have many set ups. Although there are a lot of kinks to be worked out with the registration situation since it takes too long. Other than that I think the payout should be higher and maybe the venue should go towards the kids. I totally support this and will go and spread the word to much more people.

Seriously, this has potential to host regionals and Nationals. We need more of those in Ohio as well. Especially for Melee and Brawl. There weren't many regulars at the tournament. So if you combine the turnout with the normal amount of people we have for DU or KY tournaments it would be a huge turnout. Next time I expect more attendees...
Keep it up guys

Ray T

Smash Cadet
The Ohio State University | Columbus, OH USA
Typo and Bracket

Hey AZ,

It appears there's a typo:

Singles Results (15 Entrants, $25 in Prizes - $25 to Charity)

1: AlphaZealot & Z ($15)
2: SneakyTako & Smash64 ($10)
3: Off the Heezay & Donatus
4: D10 & Riku
5: Ty & Kexx

That should be Doubles Results and 5 teams. The cash amount is correct though.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and we hope to see you back at our future events once fall quarter starts up at OSU again!

Best Regards,

Ray T

Top Bottom