• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 5 Results - 5/21/11 - 116 Entrants!!

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
i think the ppl who are like...not caring or thinking it isnt wrong are the ppl who havent tried being in his shoes like...ur out here doin big things @ this event damn this ***** m2k jus forfeited in winners...wow now i get to play adhd/nairo...ive had some close *** sets with adhd and nearly beat nairo last time we played then i can play anti and ally all exciting sets that ppl dont see every week and i personally dont get to play often o wait this dude is here o wait i ***** him o wait rainbow cruise o wait...8 minute match
zzz

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I'm ****ing tired of this bull**** nonsense. You guys act as though we had everything handed to us on a silver platter or some ****. Y'all act as though we should just give everything back to everyone with no care what so ever. Guess what? It's not gonna happen, so Get over it.

In all honesty, We have absolutely no reason to care if people want to be like us or not. You're either gonna love us or hate us. At the end of the day, we make the money though.
I fell in love with you after this post.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i think the ppl who are like...not caring or thinking it isnt wrong are the ppl who havent tried being in his shoes like...ur out here doin big things @ this event damn this ***** m2k jus forfeited in winners...wow now i get to play adhd/nairo...ive had some close *** sets with adhd and nearly beat nairo last time we played then i can play anti and ally all exciting sets that ppl dont see every week and i personally dont get to play often o wait this dude is here o wait i ***** him o wait rainbow cruise o wait...8 minute match
zzz
pj with the TRUTH

-Remix-

Smash Journeyman
There is literally nothing you can do about bracket manipulation/rigging.

They made it that far - they have complete control over who they want to play / who should proceed.

The only thing you can do is ban them from future events.
What he said. Ban them.

Makes brackets easier ;D

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm ****ing tired of this bull**** nonsense. You guys act as though we had everything handed to us on a silver platter or some ****. Y'all act as though we should just give everything back to everyone with no care what so ever. Guess what? It's not gonna happen, so Get over it.

In all honesty, We have absolutely no reason to care if people want to be like us or not. You're either gonna love us or hate us. At the end of the day, we make the money though.
People come out to tourneys to improve, see their favorite players, and have a good time. Not to wait for top players to divvy up their money. It's your job, as the top players, to give the players who fill the pots you win what they paid for. When you do this kind of crap, you don't. It's an insult to the community.

MJG

Smash Hero

Sw Ag.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
People come out to tourneys to improve, see their favorite players, and have a good time. Not to wait for top players to divvy up their money. It's your job, as the top players, to give the players who fill the pots you win what they paid for. When you do this kind of crap, you don't. It's an insult to the community.
this times 1000

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Get better, stop us. Simple as that. I haven't done this **** since I think way back in 09-10, but I still felt this way when it happened to me. Guess WHAT I DID? Got better and
stopped it
began losing to little kids :p

LO****INGL at people saying waaaaahhhh insult to community, **** still happens in other fighting game communities that actually have REAL sponsors helping their events. Guess what? They're still running strong.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If you can't beat us, we will keep doing what we do, keep *****ing, isn't gonna boost your skill level ^_^.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'm content with not being as good as M2K to stop his mischief cause I'm popular in the community, get @ this mid level swag.

shout outs soon

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
While Cheese is right, even from the top player perspective, if all you are doing is caring about money and consistently acting immature, than the only person you are hurting is yourself because in the long run less people will enter tournaments, less people will care, and your 'pot fillers' will be gone.

Also, this stuff does happen in other games, and these things can be enforced quite easily.

Just a few weeks ago Justin Wong got penalized by EVO for intentionally losing a match: http://bit.ly/ml0zW6 - he tries to argue the "I was trying" card, but they watched the footage and made the decision. If he does it one more time he will be barred from entering EVO this year.

And how fast have people forgotten that MLG just recently barred M2K and ADHD from a shot at $12,500. This behavior (or similar behavior) did contribute to the loss of a company that put $70,000 in these same top players pockets.

Dabuz pretty clearly got screwed. To deny this is just acting immature.

If only all the top guys could be like Gnes.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

You actually do have a reason. If you piss people off, you kill their desire to come to tournaments. These people, guess what, FILL YOUR POT.

And you think we want stuff handed to us on a silver platter? Sure, it'd be nice, but I'm also sure that A TON of us here want to improve. But we also don't want to get ****ed over because an elite, exclusive group of existing top players decide they want to. You're good at this game, that's cool. That doesn't give you a right to manipulate people and step all over their faces for the work they HAVE put in.

Does anybody have vids of people timing out on rainbow cruise? It would help with determining if I should leave it in my ruleset or not
I should have a match almost going to time coming up shortly, if you want.

rofl @ people thinking the same **** doesn't happen in SF/MvC.

rofl @ people still *****ing

rofl @ BBR-RC member not enforcing the rule on coaching or forfeiting

rofl @ EC
>Implying we give a **** about what happens in other communities. It's not acceptable there, either, as far as I'm concerned.

1000000000000000x this.

Get better, stop us. Simple as that. I haven't done this **** since I think way back in 09-10, but I still felt this way when it happened to me. Guess WHAT I DID? Got better and
stopped it

LO****INGL at people saying waaaaahhhh insult to community, **** still happens in other fighting game communities that actually have REAL sponsors helping their events. Guess what? They're still running strong.
>Implying nobody's trying to improve.

Also, other communities have sponsors. They are established. WE run our own events. We rely HEAVILY on the community to support events and provide the money for pots. If you piss off the community, you won't have a nice sponsor to give you money when they stop attending.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
stopped it

First of all, "get better" doesn't apply to casual-competitive players. Think those Halo teams who have never gotten points keep going to events because "this time they'll win for sure"? No. They go for the experience. I would say that greater than 80% of the smash community has no realistic expectation of winning a large tournament. Why do you think the top players of "real" games like Halo and Starcraft get huge sponsorship deals? They put on a show for these players.

Secondly, a vast majority of players in the subset of those who truly want to be the best, won't. They either lack the natural "talent", the ability to understand the game on the correct level, the resources to get good practice, or some combination of these or other factors. These are the guys who cause the hype upsets now and then. A very high level player gets beaten by a decent player? That's cool to see. Having the top 3 or 4 players in on a split prevents this entirely. But nah, let's send M2K to losers to make sure Dabuz, who has a real chance of beating everyone else that's in goes home now and doesn't take a larger part of our money.

It's easy to enforce rules against this, and I really really hope TOs start.

EDIT @ Delta: Same wavelength, ****.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Also, other communities have sponsors. They are established. WE run our own events. We rely HEAVILY on the community to support events and provide the money for pots. If you piss off the community, you won't have a nice sponsor to give you money when they stop attending.
We already ****ed up when we had people willing to sponsor us lol

But nah, let's send M2K to losers to make sure Dabuz, who has a real chance of beating everyone else that's in goes home now and doesn't take a larger part of our money.

Blah blah blah something upset jason, he left the venue, jason came back, got told to play, afterwards left from being upset. Why is this such a big conundrum to you guys?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Blah blah blah something upset jason, he left the venue, jason came back, got told to play, afterwards left from being upset. Why is this such a big conundrum to you guys?
^ This.

M2K only told me what really happened, everyone just leave the guy the **** alone.

-Remix-

Smash Journeyman
This.

Thisx9000

Get better, stop us. Simple as that.
Quite some motivation.

While Cheese is right, even from the top player perspective, if all you are doing is caring about money and consistently acting immature, than the only person you are hurting is yourself because in the long run less people will enter tournaments, less people will care, and your 'pot fillers' will be gone.

Also, this stuff does happen in other games, and these things can be enforced quite easily.

Just a few weeks ago Justin Wong got penalized by EVO for intentionally losing a match: http://bit.ly/ml0zW6 - he tries to argue the "I was trying" card, but they watched the footage and made the decision. If he does it one more time he will be barred from entering EVO this year.

And how fast have people forgotten that MLG just recently barred M2K and ADHD from a shot at $12,500. This behavior (or similar behavior) did contribute to the loss of a company that put $70,000 in these same top players pockets.

Dabuz pretty clearly got screwed. To deny this is just acting immature.

If only all the top guys could be like Gnes.
Yeshhhh.

It might have something to do with this attitude you guys still have after costing us something great.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Delta, holy hell the way you play this game makes me want to quit and/or kill myself but goddamn do you know what you're talking about.

And Atomsk, us not being on MLG anymore has EVERYTHING to do with you guys (top players that condone splitting) being vocal in defending what happened and not immediately condemning such actions. Sundance said it himself in an interview.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
^ This.

M2K only told me what really happened, everyone just leave the guy the **** alone.
NAH MAN people all assume M2K IS THIS BIG MEANIE HEAD. WHO'S MAIN GOAL WAS TO JUST **** ON POOR LITTLE DABUZ'S LIFE TODAY.

Grow the **** up and realize that things outside of this game can affect people's desire to play that game.

I see a lot of you perpetuating the same mindset that he had when he got us in trouble with MLG.
Actually no. Once again Delta you're assuming much without knowing many detalis. I arived at the Airport in San Diego, found out jason got dq'd, woke him up, told him about it, he whined, I told him he was dumb and shouldn't have done it, and blamed him for being a idiot. BUT NAH BRO CLEARLY I AM JASON RAWR RAWR IMA **** ON DABUZ'S LIFE.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
they pretty much said the solution since most t..o's won't enforce the rule.... get better. its said, but true, the only way to stop it is to beat them and not agree to split with them :l btw, dabuz you asked boss to split way way back :D

and top players, why don't you just not tell the public your splitting and put on the show, its really not that hard to go your main and have a "serious set"

ch33s3

Smash Lord
NAH MAN people all assume M2K IS THIS BIG MEANIE HEAD. WHO'S MAIN GOAL WAS TO JUST **** ON POOR LITTLE DABUZ'S LIFE TODAY.

Grow the **** up and realize that things outside of this game can affect people's desire to play that game.
Grow the **** up and realize that playing the game is essentially a job for top players and you can't not do your job because you're upset. If you go home early you don't get paid for hours you didn't work.

You of all people should not be telling anyone to grow up.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Cheese: we are trying to change things as TO's. Keitaro has the best intentions, and I highly doubt he would have let M2K play had he known it would just screw Dabuz. Do you think any TO wants to see this drama after their event? We don't. Unfortunately the ruleset has no structure to handle this event so the decision rested with Keitaro. This is something that we can quite easily address and plan for in the future (eg if you forfeit in winners you forfeit from the tournament completely). I will point out no ruleset in Brawl or Melee has ever had this rule, and typically rules like this get created following unique situations like has just been observed. Keitaro as TO could have done a broad range of things, possibly, under the "bracket manipulation" rule in Unity. And, to note, he still could do something (maybe bar M2K from his next event) or possibly he could work with another TO to get M2K barred from their next event. Etc. There are still some options. I don't know if any of it will happen, but at least with the TO's coming together there is more discourse and talk and cooperation and willingness to work together.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Delta, holy hell the way you play this game makes me want to quit and/or kill myself but goddamn do you know what you're talking about.
<3

If he was so upset and had no desire to play, then why wouldn't he just drop out completely?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Grow the **** up and realize that playing the game is essentially a job for top players and you can't not do your job because you're upset. If you go home early you don't get paid for hours you didn't work.

You of all people should not be telling anyone to grow up.
As much as you want to act as though this is a job, It's not. Personally insulting me isn't going to get you anywhere broski.

<3

If he was so upset and had no desire to play, then why wouldn't he just drop out completely?
Jason is a little kid and will do what anyone with authority will tell him. That's a poor excuse, but it's jason.

Top Bottom