• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chinese Inn Monthly

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
CHINESE INN MONTHLY
June 4, 2011
Happy Birthday Turaz​

Chinese Inn
9449 Airline Hwy.
Baton Rouge, LA
Doors open at 11 a.m. and registration begins
Tournament starts at 12
$5 entry fee

Louisiana General Brawl Ruleset

-3 stock; 8:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-1v1; all items off and set to none; Best 2/3; All finals 3/5 (Time permitting)
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Don't load through Homebrew without talking to the TO first!
-Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned
-No infinites past 300%
-Ledge grab limit is 40
-Bomber's Name Rule: Only 2 name changes per tournament and it has to be done before the brackets are made. If you break this rule, we will give you a really stupid name.

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match. But in the situation of both players not caring, random may be chosen if both agree.

Stage List:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

The rest

The Ruleset
4 stock
8-min. time limit
Items set to "None"
Best 2 of 3 games
Double Elimination Bracket - 60/30/10 cash split

The Stage List

Starter

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick

Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

The rest

The Procedure

Game 1 is played on one of the starter stages. At this time, both players stage strike, meaning that each one of you eliminates one stage until one is left, then you play on that stage.

Game 2 starts the counterpick system in a sense if you so choose. It goes like this: Loser of Game 1 chooses the next stage for Game 2, then the winner of Game 1 picks his/her character, then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins. The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

When Game 2 starts, both players each get one stage ban, meaning whatever stage a person decides to ban, that stage cannot be picked for the duration of the match.

Extra rules

- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Dave's Stupid Rule is applied - A player may not pick a stage that he/she has already won on.
- Ties are broken by stocks, then percentage.
- Kirbycides count towards the Kirby winning the match.

Venue Rules:
1. Do not bring outside food or drinks.
2. Do not bring illegal substances.
3. Please keep the volume to a minimum. Be repesctful to the owners and the customers.

Also, it would be nice for set-ups. Let me know who is bringing what so I can have an idea of how many setups we will have.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I feel it should be noticed I will be 17 and gifts should be brought.

Or a cake.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Blaise, Fang, and Swags will be coming with me to this. Hopefully we'll have a setup for Brawl.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Tall? Yeah lol I guess. We played at Louisianime. Popped a fb too :/

Winnar

Smash Lord
lol it's more that I have to be able to drive there and be mobile enough to get myself set up to play

D

Deleted member

are both tournaments starting at noon or will melee start later?

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Melee will start later, maybe 30 min to an hour depending on how far we get. We always had melee, but not enough melee players to do a tourney. Depending on how many people enter melee, I'll enter too.

BSP

Smash Legend
Message from Curlz

Laffy has a carpool of 7, but they all have some other things to do after the tournament, and have to leave at 3. We need to run this quickly. Curlz also says if help is needed to run anything, ask him.

Laffy will bring 2 setups

Curlz

Smash Lord
Its now a carpool of 9 just btw. We have Curlz, Fang, Nickels, Swags, Mychal, ISBS, Blaise, FPDav, and MasterMajora coming.

HYPEEE!

:phone:

Top Bottom