• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revolution 5! September 16th Friday! GET HYPE!!!1

Denti

Smash Master

This tournament will be at Alliance Church with the OMG melee monthly tournament. I am very happy for swift to allow us to use the venue along side with him :D

Address/directions:
8400 Park Vista Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76137
It is at Alliance Baptist church on the second floor. Just turn into the parking lot.

If you need to contact me you can PM me or call/text my cell, 405-923-7133.

All Is Brawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12567
Our Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=226690337378338&pending
OMG (the melee event) thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303682
Cregslist: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/eve/2575303744.html

Singles Entry Fee 10$
Doubles Entry Fee 10$ (5$ per person)

TIMES:
Doubles will start at 7:00 PM
Singles will start sometime around 8:00
We have to be wrapping things up around 1:00 AM ish
If events hold over we'll finish it up at my house, which is 2 min away.

Payouts (singles)
1st=48%
2nd=22%
3rd=14%
4th=8%
5th=4%
5th=4%

Payouts (Doubles)
1st=50%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%

this tournament uses the Unity Rule set
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Please everyone bring setups! You will make my world go round

Neon!

Smash Lord
should be able to make this, ill bring my setup but I'd also have to bring a floor fan because my wii's cooling fan broke. You guys wont be ready for my dk, trust me :)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
No. We shall do low tier... doubles or singles doesn't matter. Or random like Denti said he would do as a side event.
If you want a side event, make it FUN. :glare:

Bomberman tournament?
Super Mario Brothers 1 life run Score challenge?
Dance Dance Revolution?
Worms Armageddon?
Mortal Kombat 9 Test your Luck?

Any other suggestions? :awesome:

Side events need to be more along the lines of fun and entertaining, rather than more competition.

If you want to do a side event brawl wise, do Item play, Duelist Pro or Random/Wasseda doubles. 5 bucks to enter

Denti

Smash Master

My side event will be brawl related. The reason why I say that is because this event is tons and tons of other video game events. If someone wants to hold an event for something else/anything else you can talk to swift and he'll more than likely say yes. :) but I'll try hard to make my side event fun yo

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
If there is a Test Your Luck tourney, should it be 5 reels with the winners and losers finals at 6 and the Grand finals 7? Or should it be a 7 round tournament with the reels increasing each round?

I guess it'd depend on the turnout.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Low tiers is fun, cause Link actually has a chance. =) Also, I'm bringing the ALSM challenge back: $10 bounty on me in a best of 5 set in Link dittos. Win, get 10 rupees ($). Lose, get nothing.

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
Alsm you should link ditto me for a dollar. I can already tell you our matches will either go to timeor you'll win. You'll want to check my ledge grabs too

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
Seabass is putting up flyers today at his school. I think I'll be putting out the last set tomorrow. YEEEEEHAAWWWW.

Also you guys if I do a side event I think I'm going to do random character tournament, where everyone is on random. Everything else is the same, I'll be laughing all my random matches. Way fun.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
explain to me what that is?
PFft......the high ranked players had a system at local tournaments to where if you beat them in friendlies/tournament, you win ten bucks, or for their case, whatever their bounty is. If you lose a money match to that person, the bounty goes up by how much money you lost to that person... but it's usually just a stupid ditto or some way to make money and some sort of recognition.

:glare:

Neon!

Smash Lord
I'm officially going to this now, I'll bring a setup along with a floor fan

The side event should be Doubles with DK only :)

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Ok, I need a partner for this. Anyone up for teaming?

Oh, as for the ALSM challenge, you have nothing to lose and 10 bucks to gain. Link dittos best of 5. The point of this is to get other players (especially high-ranked/top players) to try out Link and see if they can beat me at what I do best. :) I don't gain anything, but the fun of the challenge to not lose 10 bucks.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Is the event start timings accurate or a typo? 7 pm and 8pm for dublz and singles respectively? If so, thats excellent cuz got work until 6 pm friday. Ok if I get there late or barely on time?

swift

Smash Journeyman
What's up brawlers? If you guys want pizza just bring five bucks for that. It's always good to have extra cash for drinks and stuff. We will order the pizza at eight so make sure your there earlier than that. That is all. @ Denti- you can be there at six thirty if you like to prepare.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Sergio

I'll do the Link challenge and I'll give you the same opportunity for Ike dittos (and I won't think twice about it if I somehow manage a win in the Link challenge. =P)

Top Bottom