• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI May Results - May 21st, 2011 - Springfield, MO, USA

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Main tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302399
AllIsBrawl tournament page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11949
June (next) tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304056

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PathwaysSmash

As usual, trying to get characters. I'm not sure what characters people actually used, though, so filling in any blanks would be helpful.

Brawl Singles: (bracket)
1: Linkz ($10) (Zelda)
2: Magic Magnum ($5) (Sonic)
3: xzerolegend ($1) (Marth)
4: Saffy (Luigi/DK)
5: Terral (Olimar)
5: Ugvts (Lucas/PT)
7: DoraNeko (Dedede/Falco)
7: Blue (Wolf?)
9: DrewBear (?)
9: Zantetsu (?)
9: LinkMO (?)
9: Sinister (?)

Brawl Doubles: (bracket)
1: Shrug (xzerolegend (Muuna) + Linkz (Hot Wheels)) (Marth? + Zelda)
2: KFC (Saffy + Magic Magnum) (Luigi + Sonic)
3: Sandshrew (Terral + Ugvts) (Snake + DK)
4: Hello Kitty (DoraNeko + Blue) (? + ?)
5: For the Lulz (LinkMO + Akuma) (? + ?)
5: Lick My Brawls (Zivilyn Bane + Jaws) (Peach + ?)

Melee Singles: (bracket)
1: Sinister ($10) (Shiek)
2: Akuma ($5) (Samus)
3: Zivilyn Bane ($1) (Marth)
4: LinkMO (Falco)
5: -Tempest- (Peach)
5: Zantetsu (Fox)
7: DoraNeko (Shiek)
7: Terral (Pikachu)
9: DrewBear (Fox?)
9: Ugvts (Ganon)
9: xzerolegend (Marth)
9: Magic Magnum (?)
13: Blue (Falco?)
13: Linkz (Zelda)
13: Bop (Jiggs)
13: Jaws (Fox)

Melee Doubles: (bracket)
1: Team Sinister (Akuma + Sinister) (Samus + Shiek)
2: Love/Hate Relationship (Zivilyn Bane + Zantetsu) (Marth + Fox)
3: Pink Pandas (DrewBear + LinkMO) (Captain Falcon + Captain Falcon)
4: Shox (Jaws + DoraNeko) (Fox + Shiek)
5: UUUUUHH *Shrug* (xzerolegend + Linkz) (Marth + Zelda)
5: Sandshrew (Terral + Ugvts) (Pikachu/Falcon + Ganon)

Smash Bros. 64 Singles:
1: Zantetsu (All)
2: ZivilynBane (Falcon)
3: DrewBear (Falcon)
4: Tempest (Kirby)
5: Ugvts (?)
5: Terrance (Mario?)
7: Blue (?)
7: Jake (?)
9: Justinfinite (?)
9: Andrew (?)

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
here's what i know.

brawl: (don't care :bee: that and i don't know anything lol)

melee singles:
linkmo - falco

melee doubles:
team sinister is confirmed as samus + sheik
pink pandas were double CF

oh and i will be uploading a ton of melee shiz on this channel in the next couple dayz.
http://www.youtube.com/xxxxxnormansothxxxxx

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Zelda places first at every Pathways Brawl tournament. No one understands how he does it.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Next tournament we team at, while I'm not discontent with being Team Sinister, I feel as though we could branch out to such things as Team Akuma... although other good ideas I heard were Akuma Matata and Wrath of the Raging Sinister..

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lol for Brawl doubles I teamed with Jaws and I'm still not even sure which character he used =/

Did BoP actually play in singles? If he did he was Puff.

LinkMO was Falco.

For doubles, mine and Romans characters are backwards. It says
(Zivilyn Bane + Zantetsu) (Fox + Marth)
but should read
(Zivilyn Bane + Zantetsu) (Marth + Fox)
or possibly
(Zantetsu + Zivilyn Bane) (Fox + Marth)
but definitely not
(Zivilyn Bane + Zantetsu) (Fox + Marth)
Even thought I went fox in a few matches.

Also you can for sure remove the ? after Akuma, because that's his character.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Terral will you put the results for Smash64 in the first post?
1: Zantetsu (All)
2: ZivilynBane (Falcon)
3: DrewBear (Falcon)
4: Tempest (Kirby)
5: Ugvts (?)
5: Terrance (Mario?)
7: Blue (?)
7: Jake (?)
9: Justinfinite (?)
9: Andrew (?)

Aaand Shoutouts -
(from melee bracket)
1: Sinister - Good seeing you again. I always feel like I get better after every time we play so I'm glad you continue to improve rapidly as well.
2: Akuma - Samus is sooo sexy. Glad we got matches in. Love seeing you improve so quickly. I'll have to step up and bring it back :)
4: LinkMO - Good games as always Bert. We'll have to get more games in soon!
5: -Tempest- - We only got to do like one set :'( Wish you could've stayed longer. I'll call you sometime soon to play.
5: Zantetsu - Good games in brackets. Sorry I have to chain grab you =/ I don't think I could beat you on FD without it.
7: DoraNeko - We maybe only played a couple of games but I can see you're still getting better. Keep it up.
7: Terral - It's been a long time but it was fun playing you. I hate Wal-Mart for preventing us from smashing more often :(
9: DrewBear - I don't think we really got to play other than in doubles but we've played a lot recently so I suppose it's ok :)
9: Ugvts - Seems like I play you often in brackets. GGs.
9: xzerolegend - Didn't get to play you this time Alex. But thanks for helping me carry stuff out lol.
9: Magic Magnum - Only got to play you in Brawl doubles. Good job ****** us lol.
13: Blue - We definitely gotta play more. Glad you got a job so you can start practicing again. I thought we were gonna lose you for a while there.
13: Linkz - You're not moving away. And even if you do, I'll be in denial and still think you're in Springfield.
13: Bop - Hardly even saw you there Andrew. We gotta play next time.
13: Jaws - Nice to meet you! You've got some potential so I'm eager to play you again next month and see how much you've improved!

(others)
Jace - Was awesome to play you again (even for just two friendlies). You need to visit your sister more often! Or just come visit us instead, lol.
Saffy - Smash tournies always need more cute girls running around so we're all glad you came. And not only cute but good at Brawl too! That's cool. Bert and I and probably any other melee players will gladly help you improve. Also thanks again for the TV. And the plushies! OMG I'm excited about those :) You're coming next month right??

Did I forget anybody? I'm sorry if I did. Next time don't be so forgettable :) Good tournament, can't wait to see everybody next month when I'm not 5 hours late! :)

Saffy

Smash Ace
Shoutouts! :)

First I want to say it's very nice to meet you all, and I feel very blessed to have been able to spend last Saturday with all you. I will try my absolute best to come out to next one.
I am sorry about me being.. very quiet.. I'm really shy when I meet new people it's just my personality. Hopefully next time I'll break out of my shell a little more. Hope I can meet all the melee players at this next one.

---------------
BRAWL
---------------

1: Linkz - I am very happy for you! Congrats on keeping your crown!! I cannot believe how many different playstyles you have haha. Loved our last set, Your zelda is way too good. Had fun playing you in doubles as well. Can't wait to see you again and I want rematches! I also really hope you don't move D:. I'll be sad if you do.

2: Magic Magnum - Very nice seeing you again since Anime St. Louis. I can't believe how good you are at melee too! Next time we will take the doubles crown :3. I love all the sd's in our epic GF's in Doubles, I laughed soo hard at how many times I sd'd with kirby.
PS: I want your jacket. You did really well though! I'm proud!

3: xzerolegend - Sick... Sick.. and I mean sick Ganon. YOU HAVE MY FULL RESPECT FOR USING THE MOST AMAZING CHARACTER IN LIFE. Fun playing those few friendlies with you. And the doubles matches were very fun as well. Congrats on getting 1st and 3rd! Hopefully we can talk more next time, you seemed to have alot of humor! You made me laugh quite a few times.

5: Terral - You were soo sweet and quiet. I had soooo much fun with our matches especially the Wario vs Ice climbers, you ***** me!! We need to play more friendlies next time n.n. I want to play your olimar against my dk one day. Hope we can talk more next time! Can't wait to see you again!! Great job in the matches I played with you though :D.

5: Ugvts - I loveee your DK, you should use him more :D. It was very nice meeting you and playing with you. Your lucas was very good , it ***** me hahaha.
ALSO CHARIZARD IS THE BEST I AGREE <3 Again hopefully I can talk with you more next time.

7: DoraNeko - You were probably the most challenging match for me (Vs Falco match). It really tested my patience, and it was a bit hard getting through your lazers honestly . I really enjoyed playing you too. But I feel as if maybe you are more of a melee player? (Just assuming). You really are good at brawl though , I have no idea how you can play both soo well :D. But very good job, and I can't wait to play you again.

7: Blue - Sadly I didn't get to see your matches ;=;. Which characters did you use? Main Ganon... this will solve all your problems, even your life problems. Just do it. ;)

9: Zantetsu - Nice wolf, you actually weren't bad at all like you say! You are really good at pressuring :D. and Grats on your melee placing. Hopefully I can play you again someday :3!

--------------
MELEE
--------------

1: Sinister - I am unsure of who you were. But it's nice to meet you! :D Really great job, you must be amazing at melee. I hope I can actually properly meet you next tournament. :)

2: Akuma - It's nice to meet you! Fun matches in brawl doubles, I laughed soo hard at your Dbl D tag... hahaha. Hopefully you will be at the next one and you are way too good at melee. Seriously. I hope you will be there next time. Maybe we can get some melee friendlies in?

3: Zivilyn Bane - You are a very nice and funny guy. Had a great time talking to you. I wouldn't say I'm cute though .-. haha. Thank you for the 3 matches, I am happy you did not sandbag me at all. I am amazed by your grab combo's. So glad you liked the TV, but please let me give you the money back atleast. Or you owe me that money match!!!! Can't wait to see you at the next tournament, and practice that brawl peach.

Oh and I am hoping to come to the next one. I will know the first week of June if I can or not . If I can't I'll try to find a ride maybe.. I hate to be in people's way though.

4: LinkMO - Ahh you were soo sweet and kind to me, Thanks for asking me to play those few times n.n I was a little embarassed playing people in melee because I know so little about it . I really enjoyed our matches, and I'd be soo honored if you helped me with melee. I can help you with brawl if you would like, but I have a feeling you don't like it.
Our brawl matches were really fun! I had alot of fun playing your guys metaknights.
Your iPhone is ****.... I was soo jealous! I was actually suprised you had it set to that. I'm sorry I couldn't say bye to you before I left!
Congrats on 4th though :D You are way too good at melee. I really hope you will be at the next one.

5: -Tempest- I didn't meet you :( But I would of loved to see your matches. Great job! Hopefully we can meet each other next time.

9: DrewBear - I don't think I really got to meet you or play you, but next time lets! :)

13: Bop - I didn't get to meet you :( I can't say much! But I hope I can next time.

13: Jaws - Fun double matches in brawl!! Nice fox you have for melee n.n Hope to see you there again.

=========================

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
And my shoutouts:

1: Linkz - Still proud of myself for knocking you into loser's bracket. I'm glad you ended up winning the tournament anyway. You'd better make it back and polish off some of that rust you were talking about.

2: Magic Magnum - You have such a crazy Sonic. I'm glad you made it to the tournament, and I hope you're able to make it to the next one. You should definitely try to bring people from St. Louis, but just making that trip again yourself would be plenty good enough. Thanks for bringing all of that stuff, too, it helped a lot and I know the Muuna made everyone's day.

3: xzerolegend - I don't know if it's necessary to leave you a shoutout. Except for Ugvts' Muuna.

4: Saffy - Really glad you made it, you have a very impressive Luigi. I'd also like to pay against your DK, I think that we need to get more friendlies in next tournament. I could also use some more practice in the Luigi matchup for Olimar, I figure if I main him then it's best to not avoid his worst matchups like I've been doing.

5: Ugvts - MUUUNAAAAAA!

7: DoraNeko - You're definitely getting better, which is saying a lot considering you were already pretty good. I don't think I played you once in Brawl, but that Shiek is pretty beastly.

7: Blue - I only played you once! I hardly even remember the match, I think I was pretty out of it at the time. We need to get in more matches sometime.

1: Sinister - I'll never cease to be impressed by your Shiek. I was amazed by it the first tournament you came to, and you only get better. We had some fun friendlies, I was glad I was finally able to play you for a good amount of time.

2: Akuma - Fun friendlies! Good games. Your Samus is fun to fight, and definitely very good. I wanted to play some more friendlies but I had to make sure I was able to play other Columbians before they had to leave, though I ended up missing LinkMO.

3: Zivilyn Bane - Glad we finally were able to play some friendlies, it's been an eternity. Any advice you have would be more than appreciated. We need to get together at some point to play some Smash. Also, you should definitely practice your Brawl Peach, it has a ridiculous amount of potential with very minimal levels of work needed to reach it.

4: LinkMO - I don't think I was able to play you outside of doubles, but (as previously mentioned) that match was epic. We definitely need to get in some friendlies at the next tournament you make it to, though.

5: -Tempest- - Good work knocking me out of the tournament by making me fight Roman in loser's bracket the next round. Your Peach is good, and getting better every time I play you. I think I'm getting more solid at the matchups myself, but you always keep ahead of me.

5: Zantetsu - I didn't get to play you outside of when you knocked me out of singles bracket. I'm surprised I got the games as close as I did, I was expecting to be stomped. I feel like either you sandbag when you play me or I'm legitimately getting better, I'm hoping it's the second one.

9: DrewBear - Our only match was doubles, but it was probably one of the greatest sets of all time. Quadruple Falcon is unstoppable.

13: Bop - You were hardly there. I didn't even notice when you arrived, and I only saw you once the whole day. I'm not even sure what happened.

13: Jaws - Awesome friendlies, and you have a solid Fox. I think the only problems you have are that you SD all the time and everyone trains day and night under waterfalls in order to beat Fox. If it weren't for those SDs, though, we probably would have had much more even matches. I hope you make it back in the future, it's good playing someone around my skill level who I can still learn a lot from.

Jace - I'm glad I was able to meet you and play a match, though it's too bad you couldn't stay for longer. I was hoping I'd be able to play some friendlies against you after I was able to get warmed up for Melee. Hopefully you're able to make it back and we can get some more games in.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Zelda got first? Guess there is a first time for everything in this universe.
There IS a first time for everything, but this isn't the first time it happens. Zelda's been getting first at these tournaments for almost a year now. Lol.

Zelda places first at every Pathways Brawl tournament. No one understands how he does it.
Sparkles/radiation too good. Lol.

13: Linkz - You're not moving away. And even if you do, I'll be in denial and still think you're in Springfield.
Hahaha. I'm technically not in Springfield though. Even now.

1: Linkz - I am very happy for you! Congrats on keeping your crown!! I cannot believe how many different playstyles you have haha. Loved our last set, Your zelda is way too good. Had fun playing you in doubles as well. Can't wait to see you again and I want rematches! I also really hope you don't move D:. I'll be sad if you do.
Thank you Saffy. I'll be upset if I move as well. I'll keep you guys posted on the status of my situation. I enjoyed playing you lots, so I hope I'll be around to play you again next month! Hmm...I should buy an actual crown. Lol.

1: Linkz - Still proud of myself for knocking you into loser's bracket. I'm glad you ended up winning the tournament anyway. You'd better make it back and polish off some of that rust you were talking about.
It's just too bad that we weren't able to record that match. People may not believe it's true! Lol jk.
And I'll see about unrusting. I've been doing a lot of reading lately, and I prefer my books to games atm. I'll see though.

Great work Linkz!
Hey ED! You're stalking me man! Jk! XD
Thank you! I may not be able to make it to a big tourney scene, but the scene I've got here is starting to get better. We're attracting some St. Louis players finally, so I'm sure I'll be able to prove my worth for that list soon enough. =D

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
It's just too bad that we weren't able to record that match. People may not believe it's true! Lol jk.
And I'll see about unrusting. I've been doing a lot of reading lately, and I prefer my books to games atm. I'll see though.
Actually, I'm fine that we didn't record it. This way, people can't try to analyze it to use it to beat you, and you can't analyze it to use it against me. Everyone wins.. or at least I do. Also, books are for schnooks. Play games, they're for not-lames.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
i'm having ridiculous internet issues over here, so there's no telling when the vids will be up. everything is edited though, so as soon as i get some net, it's done.

Top Bottom