• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combination of Domination

Gichan

Smash Champion
Combination of Domination

I know what you're thinking, it's about ****ing time Sauga does one up! Hosted at the same place as "Almost as Cool as Genesis", by the same team (Mikey & Danny), it is already, by default, looking to be a great tournament. There is something for everyone at this; You don't like smash? Well there's MvC3. Not good enough? Street Fighter 4, Arcade Edition. But if there is love for the ******* sons of fighters, there's even Mortal Kombat and Tekken. We've asked for it, so now we gotta show we want it, a tournament in Sauga is going to happen on July 9th, see you fiends there!

Head Director/Host: Danny
Co-Host (All Games): Mikey
Co-Host for Smash Bros: Gi
Link to non-smash tournament thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/...-ae-mvc3-mk9-brawl-melee-sat-july-9th.137829/

Saturday, July 9th, 2011
Streetsville Kinsmen Senior Citizens Centre
327 Queen Street South
Mississauga, Ontario
L5M 1M3

Events:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (360)
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
Mortal Kombat 9 (360)
Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles

Prices:
Venue Fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Melee Singles $10
Melee Doubles $10 ($20 per team)
SSF4: AE $10
MK9 $10
MvC3 $10

Payout :

SSFIV AE:
1st - 65%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%

MVC3:
1st - 65%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%

MK9:
1st - 65%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%

Super Smash Bros Brawl
1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 2.5 (x2)

Super Smash Bros Melee
1st place : 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Raffle​

Omega Collectables will be hosting a raffle for some fantastic prizes! The raffle draw will take place towards the end of the event at the discretion of the Tournament Directors.

1 FREE ticket with each venue fee registration

Additional tickets can be purchased from the Omega Collectables table

Prices:
1 Ticket - $2.00
3 Tickets - $5.00
7 Tickets - $10.00 (BEST VALUE)

Prizes:

Official Wii/Gamecube White Japanese Controller ($50.00 Value)
PS3 Tekken 6 Wireless Fightstick Bundle ($70.00 Value)
Nintendo & Street Fighter IV T Shirts ($25.00 Value)

and more prizes to be announced

Schedule(tentative):
Door open at 11am for registration
Brawl and melee doubles bracket will begin at 12pm
Brawl and melee singles at 2pm (alternating breaks)

Food:

Danny and Mikey will be selling food.

There are various fast food locations around venue.

Directions from TTC transit:

1. Get to subway and get off at Islington station, from there you'll need to transfer to Mississauga transit. Take either the 26E to Square 1.

2. bus 9 Streetsville will take you directly to this venue, get off at Queen-Beech Street for right in front of the venue.

For driving:

google maps people.​

BRAWL RULE SET

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3.
finals matches (losers/winners/grand) best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule; 35 for Metaknight ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
Items are OFF including smash ball
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by RPS

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure in a 1-1-2-2-2-1 fashion
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can strike a stages until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege

Stages for Counter pick:
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
*Jungle Japes
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Pictochat
* Delfino
* Halberd

Banned Stages:
*Everything Else

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set from the neutral/or counter pick group

Counter pick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive stalling tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

Melee Rule Set​

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Stage Striking format
•Tournament seeded by skill
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing is allowed

~Stage List~

Neutral:
Fountian of Dreams (singles exclusively)
Pokemon Stadium (teams exclusively)
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Battlefield

Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium (singles exclusively)
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

General Rules:

-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green (inside venue)
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies and MMs. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

Staff:
Danny
Mikey
Gi

Wii + Brawl:
Gi x1
Patches x1
Poke x1
MeekSpeedy
Stroumbert x1
Fuddo x1

Gamecube + Melee:

Dirt x1
Windrose x1
aAndy x1.

T.Vs:
Patches x2
Poke x1
Windrose x1
Stroumbert x1
Tin x1

Powerbars:

Recording Stations:

Epicness:

Attendance List:

brawl:

googs
gichan
poison mist
supreme dirt
looftwaffles
holy
hells
patches
cruxis
tin man
iliad
XP
leafshadow
anthony
mprime
cmedu
peachy desu
crypticsushi
pokemastr
rhyme
mrl
Saltynuts
DMike
i1337
RedX
meekspeedy
Stroumbert
GUARD
Swordgard
Pharaoh
Buenob
KongMetal
fuddo
fuddo +1
Trollnado

srtm (maybe)

melee:

darkisda
crobeastness
summonded fist
europhoria
riddlebox
izek
zef
sauc3
windrose
anthony
idea
ceX
aAndy
CoffeeBlack

Total: 47
maybes: 1

Everyone please bring equipment!!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
OH MY GOD PICTOCHAT I THOUGHT WE WERE PAST THAT

(privately: hell ****ing yes pictochat)

Confirming for Brawl Singles and Doubles, Melee Singles and Doubles.

And I'll need a teammate for both. Just for reference, I play Dedede in Brawl and Young Link/Ganondorf in Melee.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I like the Unity ruleset but just not the stage thingy. And I didn't want to list it as a tournament that follows Unity cause I would have to follow every single update they do and it would be a bit annoying.

Yo Mist, you did this to me like two or three times already lol, we'll catch up if you actually come lolol. I don't want to be hyped up for your return for no reason again. These people don't know about about you or lkp, show them what you got.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Video Games at a seniors centre? Hells yes.

Also Gi you should host another smashfest, something small with just a couple people. I miss my power bar

SRTM

Smash Ace
I'm in for ssf4 + mvc3 (if I can borrow an xbox stick) maybe brawl for ****s and giggles.
will invite some people along.

Ugh im like 50/50 now. Might be gone that weekend

Izek

Smash Cadet
MY GOD... .finally SAUGA REP YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm going to tentatively confirm for MvC3 and MK9. I'm hella free at both, but if this job pulls through I might as well.

Oh, my brother might come for MvC3 as well.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
also just for clarification, splitting totally allowed. none of this stupid yellow card bs. dont argue, pm me if you wana ask why.

but heres the reason: its been going on, and will always go on, so stopping it is idiotic and delusional.

no more posts about that, but just wanted to clear that up for anyone who coming from far and want to split to cover costs or whatever

Top Bottom