• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds: Next Generation VIII The Finale Results

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Singles
1: Kels
2: Matt
3: Tom
4: Trail
5: Dart
5: Scythe
7: Tink
7: Jeff
9: Rat
9: Al
9: ORLY
9: Sveet
13: Arty
13: Ripple
13: Sago
13: Oro?!
17: Hore
17: Looshkin
17: Mars
17: Dave
21: Spekkio Master of War
21: Hindawg
21: Afrobandit
21: Roman

[collapse=Bracket Image]
[/collapse]

Doubles
1: Super R Bros (Matt + Tom)
2: MW Guards (Kels + Tink)
3: Spamming Cowboys (Sago + Trail)
4: Adventure of a Indecent Gamer (Rat + Sveet)
5: Team USA! (ORLY + Dart)
5: Drunken Fools (Al + Jeff)
7: I Don't Care (Ripple + Dave)
[collapse=Bracket Image]
[/collapse]

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
****in stacked *** bracket

I'm just happy i took my first set off dart in modern times

ORLY

Smash Master
Not a good showing for ol' Team Americuh and my Falcon.

Disappointed but good **** R bros

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Good **** everyone.

Shout outs!

Sveet-Good **** in teams and good **** beating Dart. Don't forget about my controller, it's purple and orange
h0re-Now it's your turn to be a salty saltine. Now we are 1-1
Chris-Rough outing, but **** happens
Al-We had the Super R Brothers... damn it
Good MM's Arty, Oro, and h0re.
**** Kelly....=D
Myself-Good **** forgetting your controller and having to use one that I have never used before.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
and I continue my 5 year steak of never winning a set in doubles

alcheato

Smash Ace
Man, the R Bros stepped up it this tourney!

Jeff - I thought we could've done better after getting 1st seed in pools but I'm not exactly disappointed with how we did. Good ****.

Trail - Good hanging out with you again man. You still managed to hold it down in bracket

Sveet - Always good seeing you and thanks for hosting these.

Tink - Man, our set was sooo ****ing close! I know it wasn't your best performance though. lol learn to DI that up-throw --> up-air and your Marth will instantly be twice as good.

Chris - Stop using Fox

Matt - Good **** taking a set off Kels. Those SDs second set though... :urg:

Tom - Nice Job beating Rat and Trail, mengz.

Kels - Be scurred! Your reign might be coming to end :cool:

Ripple - Sick DK, man.

Everyone else and anyone I forgot: GGs

Dart!

Smash Master
I did depressingly bad, although it was my first tournament in 3 months so 5th should be fine i guess.

Rat

Smash Lord
Kels - I wanna practice more. Teach me a good character.
Tom - damn I got rocked. I enjoy our fights even if I get crushed. You're just so scary. I wish I could play falcon like that. You take risks but your combos are so on point, every little hit is huge.
Trail - gg, you destroyed my confidence / got in my head.
Dart - ggs don't have much to say other than i'll mess you up.
Scythe - Link 1 Mario 1. Who will come out on top? <3333333333
Tink - sorry if I was being ad ick afterwords. I was feeling pretty embarrassed about my matches. I'm lookin forward to our next match.
ORLY - is the awesomest. Teach me more falcon.
Sveet - thanks for teaming. You really did some work. Like winning that 1v1, crushing people. <3
Arty - Ok here's one way I can beat shiek. Sniper vision her jumps. That's the easiest hit you will ever get.
Sago - team with me for the next one!
Bzoo - is amazing. Falcon inspiration
Hore - you're awesome. Let me teach you some next time.
DLA - FALCOOON
Afrobandit - PUUNNNCH!!!! You two, stop raptor boosting so much. It's a good move yeah yeah yeah. But when you do it like every 3 moves it's so predictable.
Everyone else - ggs

Smash Cadet
1: Kels - Your Fox is to good. Keep winnin that money man.
4: Trail - Good seeing you man. And nice job.
5: Dart - Great seeing you after so long man. 5th after months of not playing isn't bad. You will be back on your A game in no time.
7: Tink - You should quit this game, and start back at Brawl with Schoomie. :p
7: Jeff - Your Fox was playin much better in our MM. Granted, my Kao-Ken wasn't that great (though that was my fault for assuming Tink would bring something, and thus not bringing mine). Gonna get ya next time with the x20 lol.
9: Rat - Always great seeing you man. Hopefully I will have my car fixed this weekend, so we can start smashing more then just tournies, since you are really not that far. You, Wayne, and Kelly have been giving me a lot to think about on the car rides, but I would really appreciate you teaching me some stuff. Just as long as it doesn't involve playing no stupid robot. :p
9: Al - Nice matches in pools, and good seeing you.
9: ORLY - Great seeing you again man. After I finally realize that the tier list is a lie, maybe you can teach me how to play a real character.
9: Sveet - Nice tourney, and great seeing you as always man. Sorry I couldn't make it out the night before, girl johns. Once my car is fixed in the next few days, we should smash/chill more often.
13: Sago - GGs in pools.
17: Hore - JV5 stockin random people ftw.
17: Looshkin - Sorry we didn't get to talk much or play. Hopefully see you soon.
17: Mars - Scrub-a-dub-dub. We were smashing so much like, April/May. We need to start playing more then once a week. Next time we talk, we should try to just figure out like, 2 days a week to smash. Like I said though, you didn't go up in no mountains.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Tom R - you are the Radovich that has my style down pat, I don't like playing you in tournament :p ggs

Matt R - you are the Radovich that is weak against my style, I want to play you more in tournaments

Super Radovich- when you 2 combine its god damn impossible to beat you.... unless i have cunning dominating you both while i run away. :p

Arty - Sick Samus dude, after playing with a couple of you guys i can no longer talk **** about the skill of brawl players.
Sago - haha sick teaming with you son, next time we will do even better when I'm not hung over and have a good hot shower before coming :).

Rat - If the climber player is patient, I think they have a huge advantage in that matchup. The little dudes are too fast and deal too much damage.

Dart - We appear to be locked in combat until the end of our days, ggs bro.

Jeff - you are pretty damn good yo

Alcheato - lol u kids can't handle your alcohol, we are gonna have to start bringing smirnoff ices for oyu guys.

Tink - get *****, smash at my house tonight.

Kels - can't touch you anymore..... you *****

ORLY - good games bro, I will forevr dominate you in the power rankings

Rat

Smash Lord
I'm not sure the match-up is in their favor yet.

Like you crushed me and i remember how you stomped on me. So I know what you mean by patience, being faster, and dealing too much damage.

I just feel like there's more that I can be doing. I don't know if that's just a john, but I want to keep trying.

Rat

Smash Lord
I guess I mean the attacks you do involve some risk. (SH knee, some bairs) It seems like you're not trying to get only free hits or play in the safest possible way. More like you see an opportunity and you take it.

It's awesome because your combos are devastating. Like kelly ****s people up, but not in the same way. He keeps people locked and cornered. But you just ****ing destroy people.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I'm not sure the match-up is in their favor yet.

Like you crushed me and i remember how you stomped on me. So I know what you mean by patience, being faster, and dealing too much damage.

I just feel like there's more that I can be doing. I don't know if that's just a john, but I want to keep trying.
Also take into account the fact that I don't wobble or know the inescapable hand-off chain grabs. If you mix in those, everytime I grab you (which is a lot) should be a 0 to death grab combo. I think the matchup is definately in their favor.

ORLY

Smash Master
my favorite part about my pools match with matt was "oh my god you play just like tom. it's so annoying!"

full jump double back airs: the secret to beating everything

Top Bottom