• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Spiked the Falcon Punch?

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Who Spiked the Falcon Punch?
Brought to you by the Memphis Smash Crew!

We'll be hosting another awesome tournament! We have the coolest smashers! It will be a free tournament. Previously, we've had some amazing turnouts, sporting over 45+ people for both tournaments. Of course, as is typical of smash tournaments, we'll need lots of setups! If you can bring a setup, please let me know! As for hype and people who want to attend, that's what this thread is for! :bee:

Also... My wonderful girlfriend will be baking her amazing cupcakes and selling them so that we can save for our our, big regional tournament "Don't Drink the Falcon Punch" (date TBA).

Details
Date: Saturday, June 25
10 AM - Doubles (Brawl & Melee)
1 PM - Brawl Singles
6 PM - Melee Singles

Venue:
Christian Brothers University
Maurelian Lounge
650 East Parkway South
Memphis, TN 38104

Maurelian Lounge is located directly left to the guard shack on your way in from the East Parkway entrance. The guard will point you towards parking and give you directions if needed.

Venue Fee: None
Entry Fee: None

Rules:
Brawl
BBR Recommended Ruleset

Melee
Pound V Ruleset

Attendees & Setups

Memphis:
Glitter (Melee + Brawl)
LlamaSensei (Melee + Brawl)
IHaveSpaceBalls (Melee)
Dibs (Melee)
Jester Kirby (Brawl)
Tron (Melee)
Jartravious (Melee)
J-Bar (Brawl)
Tetsujin (Brawl)
Talon (Melee + Brawl)
Cyner (Melee + Brawl)
Iori (Melee + Brawl)
BunBun (Melee)
Baki (Melee)
ThrillerMan (Brawl)
Myztek (Melee)
J-Bar (Brawl)
zZz (Melee)
nZo (Melee)
Beat11 (Brawl)
Stuotus Asinus (Brawl)
Ganse (Brawl)
Eight (Brawl)
Jet A (Brawl)
Warpd (Brawl)

Out of town:
Samba (Melee)
BlackAnt (Brawl)
Nite (Melee)
ssbbStorm (Brawl)
ssbbFL4ME (Brawl)
KDS (Brawl)

Total: 26

Setups:
LlamaSensei (2 Melee + 2 Brawl w/ TVs)
IhaveSpaceBalls (1 Melee w/ TV)
Samba (1 Melee w/ TV)
Dibs (1 Melee w/ TV)
Jester Kirby (1 Brawl w/ TV)
Tron (1 Melee w/ TV)
Jartravious (1 Melee w/ TV)

blackbird

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen you guys in a while. I'll show up for sure. I can bring a setup as well.
-Tavares

nZocob

Smash Cadet
yo this is a day after ma birthday :D
goin to this tournament would be a great way to celebrate ^^
and i might end up bringing some friends, and now that my big bro plays melee (peach main) he could prolly come too.
( and i cant wait to have some cupcakes P: )

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Looking forward to chilling at this with all you bros.
By the way, I always take my pants off when I play Gamecube, so I hope that's cool.
"I mean it's easy. It's too easy. I mean, if they didn't wanna get ***** they wouldn't walk around the way they do, with their popped collared shirts, their livestrong bracelets, abercrombie water polo t-shirts. I mean, the Fish farewell tour; that was like an all you can **** buffet."

To those out of the loop, this is what we're quoting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
As far as my Brawl buddies go, attendance includes

Myself
Stuotus Asinus
Ganse
Eight
Jet A
Warpd

Maybes include:
Ghost of Link
Ba Rui Long
PCHU
Omar
Josh (from little rock)
York

All for Brawl. You can usually count of Warpd for a setup too. ;)

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
There have some conflicts at the VUE. Evidently they have decided that no events will be allowed until August 1. I'm in talks with Jester Kirby about moving this to CBU now. :'(

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Way to go, Vue.. -__-# I claim Omar as my tag partner if Frank doesn't show.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
It's sort of complicated. I reserved the room for my tournament. Then the vue one came up and I told the event manager he could cancel it. He hasn't done it yet though, so I'll just e-mail him asking to keep it up. I'm a bit worried. For super stabby deathmatch we had the big big lounge, but I can't get that one in the summer. They were still very generous in letting us use a dorm lounge though. It's about half the size. I think itt'l work. I'm worried about shoving 40 ppl in it though with TVs lol Should be fine though. :awesome:

We shall see, just gotta ask about the hours, I technically only have it reserved until 5:00pm, so I'll have to ask for an extension, otherwise we will have to toss the doubles portion.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Okay, so no offical okay yet, but they seem cool with it as long as the tournament is free.

So the new venue adress would be

Christian Brothers University
Maurelian Lounge
650 East Parkway South
Memphis, TN 38104

Maurelian Lounge is located directly left to the guard shack on your way in from the East Parkway entrance. The guard will point you towards parking and give you directions if needed.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
I just got the offcial Okay from CBU! They gave us an extension too, we have the lounge from 10:00am-10:00pm. The guards are usually pretty cool with us running over a little bit if need be though, lets try and get it done by 10:00pm though. :)

Woot! This is gonna be a blast!

We just have to make sure to clean the place up just as we found it and to treat it with the utmost respect. If we trash the place we won't get to use it again, not to mention I'll probably be fined. ;) Lets show to them how clean the smash community is.

nZocob

Smash Cadet
awsome :D
me and the gang can still make it. Just as long as the schedule will stay as shown, because Dr. Lee won't be there til around 4 for melee singles.

Dr.Lee

Smash Rookie
I hope I get there for the melee singles. I get back from Indiana at 4:00 so i'll have to make a mad dash. I'm getting a spare controller from a dude at church, though. (fistpump)

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Registration ends when the tournament starts, and for that information I'm going to force you read the OP above you since it already contains all the information you desire.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
maybe I've been doing too much cocaine lately but I totally forgot about this. I can bring a cube, and a wii, but only one television.

After the tournament we should do some awesome stuff. Not sure what but awesome stuff. I'm currently suffering from sleep deprivation. Holy moly joly poly. Ok now someone play me in MvC3 and Blazblue, and Halo: Reach. The end

Top Bottom