• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT 8: MLP dies here!! Mid Tier 1v1s, Follow us on Twitter!!!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace

It's that time to host the 8th edition of Dakpo's Monthlies. We welcome you back to Lubbock after the past 2 Amarillo tourneys. For all Texans, this is a PR point opportunity so get 'em while they're hot!

Jasco Games 2819 34th Street Lubbock, TX 79410

Date:
Saturday, June 25th

Contact Info:
Alejandro (210) 842-7984
Phil (Housing) (325) 829-8697
Jason (Jasco Games) at (806) 252-3404

Events:
Registration begins at 1:00pm (No Venue Fee)
Brawl Doubles at 2:00pm, $5 per entrant
Brawl Singles at 4:00pm, $5 per entrant
*NEW* Brawl Mid Tier 1v1s at 6:00pm, $1 per entrant

Payout:
1st: 65%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%

Rules:
Unity Ruleset v1.3

Broadcast:
:twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/DakposMonthlies

Denti

Smash Master
I might be attending this. I'll do address planning. Dakpo PM me or text me, I have ANOTHER crazy idea, similar to last crazy idea. Don't </3 me!

:phone:

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
We're going to need set-ups for this tournament! Here's what I got so far:

1. Me (Full)
2. Phil (Wii)
3. SuperKing (Wii)
4. Jasco Games (2 TVs)
5. _
6. _

BooM TX

Smash Rookie
My little pony; it's all over the place now and it must not come near the 806...
Alex, I think you hate the fad of mlp, but the origin of the fad, the show, is good.

I believe that the show has lessons to offer, even though it is meant for 10 year old girls. It is a well written show about friendship, and I, for one, could use a lesson or two about friendship. I believe that childhood lessons are something worth reexamining.

Beyond that, the animation is a treat, the facial expressions are something you have to watch the show to appreciate, the dialogue is witty, the personalities are vivid which leads to conflict, I like the show and could argue for it all day, point is, if you are not going to watch it, then you will have never tasted the fruit of this tree, therefore you have no grounds to argue about it.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Alex, I think you hate the fad of mlp, but the origin of the fad, the show, is good.

I believe that the show has lessons to offer, even though it is meant for 10 year old girls. It is a well written show about friendship, and I, for one, could use a lesson or two about friendship. I believe that childhood lessons are something worth reexamining.

Beyond that, the animation is a treat, the facial expressions are something you have to watch the show to appreciate, the dialogue is witty, the personalities are vivid which leads to conflict, I like the show and could argue for it all day, point is, if you are not going to watch it, then you will have never tasted the fruit of this tree, therefore you have no grounds to argue about it.
For every minute you watch and enjoy MLP, there will be a new sex offender in the neighborhood.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Anyways, could someone house my carpool just Friday night? I need to know this soon or I won't be able to make/plan to make this.
Phil will be housing your carpool Denti.

The address to his apartment is: 2400 Glenna Goodacre, Lubbock, TX 79401 (Behind Chili's)
and you can reach him at (325) 829-8697

BooM TX

Smash Rookie
Phil will be housing your carpool Denti.

The address to his apartment is: 2400 Glenna Goodacre, Lubbock, TX 79401 (Behind Chili's)
and you can reach him at (325) 829-8697
Dallas, I will only house you if Alex agrees to watch one episode of my choosing of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

BooM TX

Smash Rookie
D: So due to unfortunate life events, I can't make this anymore : O I'll be at next DMT. sorry you guys :(
:(

If you change your mind, y'all always have a place to stay.

Alex I challenge you to a match! If I win, you watch an episode, if you win, I will never mention it again.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Updated set-ups:

1. Me (Full)
2. Phil (Wii)
3. SuperKing (Wii)
4. Jasco Games (2 TVs)
5. Dakpo (Full)
6. Bad Karma (Full)

I think this will be enough given we will only have Lubbock & Amarillo in attendance. Remember to catch the awaited "Pony Match" between BooM and myself. It will determine a future west Texas scene filled with butterflies and colorful rainbows or as it is now, plain and dry. HYPE!

Top Bottom