• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All TEXANS INTERESTED IN GOING TO GENESIS 2

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

Okay guys, I'm here to remind anyone who is going or who is interested that now is the time to begin purchasing your flights. Genesis 2 is almost less than a month away, and that's when prices will begin to rise. So far I've found tickets out of Dallas cheapest at around 250 dollars. Houston is most expensive with most over 300+. San Antonio and Austin had prices at around the high 200's from last time I checked. Try different days if you can stay longer and try to find cheapest price for you.

Secondly, figure out your group, who you're traveling with, and HOTEL ROOM. There is like 0 housing considering where the venue is, and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE is going to be at the hotel. It's pretty cheap and I'm sure people can cram, but figure it out now. You need to call prior to reserve a room. The hotel may of been the best part of Genesis 1. Even though I havn't booked a room yet, MY ROOM IS FULL. I already have 7 people in and we want no more.

If you guys need help with the trip in general and stuff, just contact me. I went to Genesis 1 and know almost exactly what to do.

GENESIS 2 THREAD: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284863

There are 3 airports to fly into, but try to fly into SFO! You will then take a train for about 45 minutes to where it tells you and the hotel is about 1.5 miles away from there.

PRE REG ENDS JUNE 30th!

LETS GET SOME TEXAS REPRESENTATION!

Confirmed Texans!
Ultimate Kingz/Enel/CP9/Ennis Lobby Razer (your executioner)
Gnes (the sick rapist)
Trela (the dirty rat)
Zori (the based lemon)
Hey Tallman (the chili dog fool)
Infinity (the creator of TX gay)
Denti (the current embodiment of TX gay)
Dakpo (the diddy footstool master)
Zigsta (the TRASH hornet)

I believe these are all the one's confirmed. I'll update it if needed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah I found the same flights for like 250 ish out of DFW into SFO. Cheapest I could find: not even Southwest could match that somehow.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
o

l

expensive
Man Razer I got a month to procure that cash. I may want to go with Denti however...but the chances of me going to Genesis are slim to none. I got too many other tournaments in between to fit this into my schedule.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Yeah, Im down to go if you and 2 other people wanna form a car pool.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Posting because I actually want to go to Genesis. Anyone know the days they're flying in?
Well tournament starts on Friday, so I assume most people will fly in on Thursday. That's what I did last time.

heytallman

CTALL
Well tournament starts on Friday, so I assume most people will fly in on Thursday. That's what I did last time.
Well, a long time back I was talking with Keith and he was saying stuff about maybe flying over a few days before just to chill in Cali for a few days, so we could have sweet chill time before the tourney.

Thursday would work, too.

We should get TX hotel rooms.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm not sure if I can get off work for this. We'll see.

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
Me, Infinity and Dakpo are confirmed for this. We have been talking about going to this for about a month now, we just haven't bought a hotel room or anything. Infinity and I are flying in together Thursday afternoon/night and I believe flying back Monday. I'm sure if I talk to them they'll agree that anyone can stay in our room. PM me if you're interested and we'll work something out. If I remember a room is 60$ a night and we'll be staying Friday, Saturday and Sunday night meaning it'l cost 180$ and tax should be something like 16-18$ so basically 200$ altogether. If you do that math right now between us 3 it will be 66$ for each of us. If a fourth person joins it will be 50$ per person, 5th person joins it'l be 40$ per person, 6th person will be 33$, 7th 28$, and so on.. Plane tickets are as Razor says, so you can do that math by yourself. There is a 20$ venue fee, 25$ for brawl singles and 20$ per person for doubles. This is a total of 65$. This is also not considering food (which shouldn't be too much if you budget right). Altogether I can imagine that it will cost like 400-450$ depending on your plane ticket and hotel cost. Hope people can come :)

BTW Slush should definitively come! You make me laugh too much

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'm going to this.

...but I already have everything covered.

Nice to know about tickets in DFW though. I might ride with someone there instead of flying out of Houston.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What day are you guys flying in?

Also, does anyone have an extra hotel spot? I might be here.

Trela

Smash Lord
Well, it looks like I'll actually be buying my ticket today and not on Friday, so I'm gonna need all the info on it, Houston!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Found out yesterday I don't have vacation days , but I can get off work. So my odds are a lot better.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Long as you keep morning wood away...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Razer, you should make a list of who's coming in the OP.

We should all go out to eat sometime, too.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Zigsta, I'll do that some time this week.
Tallman - there's an In n Out across the street so you will be having it multiple times good sir.

ALSO EVERYONE GOING - DO NOT FORGET TO PRE-REG BY JUNE 30th! THAT'S WHEN PRE-REG CLOSES AND THEY SAID THEY WILL BE NOT OPENING IT UP AGAIN

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Try to get your list as soon as you can. WC is starting to form their crew, and Texas is WC in the WC-EC crew battle. I told Havok you and Trela were going for sure when he asked yesterday.

Top Bottom