• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink, Don't Care 3 - Free Drinks! - Free Side Tourney!

Arty

Smash Lord
Don't Blink, Don't Care 3

The Venue

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

http://www.cod.edu/Maps/local2.gif

The SRC Building
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/campus2.gif

We will be labeled 1740 on this map
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/SRC_12.gif

The room is full of tables and chairs and the windows all look black from the outside. It's a very spacious and can easily hold 50+

The parking is free in the student parking lot right outside the building.

Schedule

Saturday -- June 25th, 2011
11:00 - 12:30 - Registration
12:30 - Brawl Doubles Bracket
3:30 - Brawl Pools
6:00 - Brawl Singles Bracket
7:00 - Side Tournament

Prices and Payouts

Venue Fee - $1 -- Waived if you bring a setup
Doubles - $5 per Person
Singles - $10 per Person
Side Tourney - FREE

Payouts (Doubles)
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Payouts (Singles <30 people)
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

Payouts (Singles >30 people)
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Payouts (Side Tournament)
1. $25
2. $10
3. $5

Food

There will be FREE drinks at the venue! :starman: :starman:

There's also many fast food restaurants within ~5 minutes of driving distance. (Taco Bell/Chipotle/KFC/etc)

Rules

- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- King Dedede's standing infinites and ledge infinites are banned.

- Marth's infinites of Ness and Lucas are banned.

- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling is banned.

-Important: There will be a Ledge Grab Limit at this Tournament. It is 40. If your match ends as a result of time, and a player has exceeded the Ledge Grab Limit, he or she loses that match.

Stages

Starters

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshis Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks

Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Delphino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Frigate
Lylat Cruise

-First stage is agreed upon by the two competitors through stage striking, random selection or mutual agreement and they must choose a Neutral (Starter) stage.

The Stage Striking Process:

The five neutral stages will be the only highlighted ones in the Stage Selection menu. Players can rock-paper-scissors to see who strikes first or mutual agree.

The first player strikes one stage from the 5 neutrals.

The second player strikes two stages from the remaining stages.

The first player strikes one more stage from the list. The remaining stage is the one that will be played for the first match of the set.

The Double Blind Selection Rule:

If both players are having a dispute as to how to select their characters for the first match (usually to avoid unfair counterpicking) the Double Blind Rule may be used. A neutral third party (usually a T.O) will be called in and both players will tell the T.O. their character. Then both players will pick their characters at the same time.

The Counterpicking Process:

Before the player who lost the previous match selects their stage, the opponent may designate a stage ban. That stage cannot be selected by that player for the entire set.
The player who lost the previous match will then select their stage for the next match.
The opponent may switch characters after the stage selection.
Once the opponent has selected their character, the player who lost the previous match may finally change their character if they desire.

TO Contact

Arty -- 773 - 633 - 4391
Zwarm -- 847 - 239 - 0343

Parking/Setups

Parking is free and the lot is right outside the SRC building.
BRING SETUPS!

AllisBrawl Listing

Arty

Smash Lord
I know WI said they can't make the 25th, but we couldn't find a venue for the 18th, and the 2nd of July was another Melee tourney at CoD so this is the only date we had. Sorry guys, hope to see you next month!

Also this will only be a Brawl tourney since I know Juggle is hosting one in MI on this date and is exepcting some IL attendance.

Finally, please throw out your drinks when you're done with them. If you guys leave a huge mess like last time, than I won't be providing free drinks anymore. :(

Arty

Smash Lord
Also Barnes, I left you off the TO list bc idk if you're planning going to MI on this date. If not then I'll add you back.

Edit: Good **** JJ! It'll be cool to see you again.

ORLY

Smash Master
You guys are very fortunate Arty puts up his own money to give everyone free soda.

Arty is the ****.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I know WI said they can't make the 25th, but we couldn't find a venue for the 18th, and the 2nd of July was another Melee tourney at CoD so this is the only date we had. Sorry guys, hope to see you next month!

Also this will only be a Brawl tourney since I know Juggle is hosting one in MI on this date and is exepcting some IL attendance.

Finally, please throw out your drinks when you're done with them. If you guys leave a huge mess like last time, than I won't be providing free drinks anymore. :(
Thanks for being considerate, Arty, you da man

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
JJ ROCKETS!!! I FINALLY GET TO PLAY YOU!!!! xD

I've gotta practice so I don't fail at this one.

EDIT: ARTEMIS!!! Johns MM will happen for this tournament.
Also, there are 2 pool matches from the first DB,DC and one regular match from DB,DC2 on my wii. The pool matches are of Falco (you) vs. a Peach (Zwarm?) and the regular match was of Falco (you again) vs. Ike (Meneil? Akashi?) If you want me to use my terrible, off-screen recording, Just ask and I'll upload them.

EDIT2: KIRK!!! IF YOU DON'T COME, I WILL.... what WILL I do? ... be sad?

EDIT3: If anyone is willing to help, I wanna be able to put homebrew and whatever else on an SD card so that it's not actually installed on my wii. Could anyone assist with that? I want to be able to record longer replays and to, eventually, upload some textures to that SD card.

EDIT4: I'll try and get some other ppls to come too. Not sure if Sam wants to come again... He doesn't really like brawl anymore.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
JJ ROCKETS!!! I FINALLY GET TO PLAY YOU!!!! xD

I've gotta practice so I don't fail at this one.

EDIT: ARTEMIS!!! Johns MM will happen for this tournament.
Also, there are 2 pool matches from the first DB,DC and one regular match from DB,DC2 on my wii. The pool matches are of Falco (you) vs. a Peach (Zwarm?) and the regular match was of Falco (you again) vs. Ike (Meneil? Akashi?) If you want me to use my terrible, off-screen recording, Just ask and I'll upload them.

EDIT2: KIRK!!! IF YOU DON'T COME, I WILL.... what WILL I do? ... be sad?

EDIT3: If anyone is willing to help, I wanna be able to put homebrew and whatever else on an SD card so that it's not actually installed on my wii. Could anyone assist with that? I want to be able to record longer replays and to, eventually, upload some textures to that SD card.

EDIT4: I'll try and get some other ppls to come too. Not sure if Sam wants to come again... He doesn't really like brawl anymore.
That Falco isn't Arty, I think it's Sponge. Arty wasn't in our pool. But yeah that's my Peach.

Scythe

Smash Master
Monkey fight will be the side tourney. we'll be able to have 2 set-ups.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Who wants a $MM? I think this might be the last tournament I could go to, so I'll make a couple more, if possible.

Arty -- Johns MM
(anything goes after this, except I place a $10 cap on the first 2, then after those first 2 $10 one's go by, $5 cap on anything else)

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
LOL, you probably shouldn't assume it's Arty just because it's Falco. Especially when that Falco SDs every single stock and is the green palette. But I'm flattered. Either way, dump those.

*edit* No ****ing clue if I'm coming to this. HYPE! :D

IMO, replace Melee with Marvel ;)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
LOL, you probably shouldn't assume it's Arty just because it's Falco. Especially when that Falco SDs every single stock and is the green palette. But I'm flattered. Either way, dump those.

*edit* No ****ing clue if I'm coming to this. HYPE! :D

IMO, replace Melee with Marvel ;)
Barely anyone plays Marvel around here now. There isn't gonna be Melee at this either, Arty just needs to actually update the first post.

I still think it should be Smash 64 for the side tournament. There's no other game out there that everyone could agree on for a side tournament besides another Smash game, since ,you know, we're going to a Smash tournament in the first place.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Monkey Fight would be fine too. We could possibly do All Brawl too, which is Brawl with items and all stages iirc.

I need a teammate for this.

Smash 64 gives you a reason to show up Gio. :) And bring more of Michigan with you.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
its too late to request off for work, but if im not scheduled that day, ill try to show up.

fun fact, ive been scheduled every saturday for the last 18 weeks :dazwa:

:phone:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
If we do Smash 64 Scythe is going to win. Mario is too broken in SMash64 **** that shiet

Zwarm

Smash Hero
If we do Smash 64 Scythe is going to win. Mario is too broken in SMash64 **** that shiet
Nah, I'd win. My Mario's better than his, and I don't even play Mario anymore. :awesome:

And if you want to buy the patch for me so I can practice AE, sure, Sponge. :troll:

Scythe

Smash Master
i wouldn't win since i've only played it with gamecube controller and the setups would prolly all be n64s

oh and I've only played 64 this past year for 4 hours.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
yo mario is insane unless he's playing against fox or pika, then it's **** time
Yeah, definitely. That's why I stopped playing him though, because I only played with Norm and Oro, aka Pikachu and Fox/Falcon.

Well I shouldn't stay I quit him completely, I just use Pikachu more now.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
i wouldn't win since i've only played it with gamecube controller and the setups would prolly all be n64s

oh and I've only played 64 this past year for 4 hours.
This guy is trolling. That 4 hrs was enough for him to put on a rapetrain and **** our shields with mario tornado

Top Bottom