• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Albuquerque Air Balloon Fight Fiesta Chile Results! AWESOME FUN WAS HAD! :)

Well everyone, the results thread. Alas I am so very tired and will not be doing anything other than create the thread and post simple results for now. Tomorrow morning when I wake up I will add fanciness and such, lol. But I am beside myself! The results:

BRAWL:

1. Dakpo
2. Dekar
3. Bees
4. Bad Karma
5. Furiousduffman
5. Isaacard
7. Light
7. Arty
9. JT!
9. Phate
9. Meno
9. Dark Shifter
13. Ginko
13. Twistr
13. Super King
13. Ethan
17. Seth
17. Andrew W.
17. Alex Defuga
17. Bryan
17. Napos
17. Tekkie
17. Brian Marken
17. Tetsuya
25. Casey B.
25. Miles
25. Error
25. Jake
25. Iria
25. Chris Daily

DOUBLES:

1. Furious Burrito
2. Tengen Teppan Tippin' Tetsuya
3. Buck Bumble Bit a B...yea.
4. Hitting a Girl is Bad Karma
5. Super King + Phate
5. Iria + Meno
7. Crab tossers
7. Drink my Zemen (lol. Best team name?)
9. AZ anger
9. Brian M. + Anthony
9. Isaacard + Error
13. Alex Defuga + Ethan

Melee:

1. Axe? Duh.
2. Light
3. Falcoty
4. Twin_A
5. Tw1n
5. Tetsuya
7. Erich...bleh.
7. Eikalmann
9. Error
9. Wraith
9. Isaiah
9. NickNyte
13. Vile
13. Andrew N.
13. Chris Daily
13. Adam

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

1: YangFuShang
2: Handsome Tim
3: Mike Jones Jackson
4: RugedMan
5: GoldenGlove
5: Heartless
7: Cameron
7: Fury X
9: Surashu
9: Knot
9: Geon
9: Jason C
13: Chris Trout
13: Vortex
13: Nick K
13: David Baca
17: Jason M
17: Dave
17: Choke Artist

Mortal Kombat 9

1: Alphabravo
2: GoldenGlove
3: Iron Ninja
4: Fury X
5: Zman
5: Cameron
7: Choke Artist
7: Johnny Walker
9: Wraith
9: Heartless
9: NotWorkSafe
9: Potatokiss
13: Sam G
13: Patty V
13: Anthony W
13: David Baca
17: Nick K

Super Street Fighter 4 AE

1: Carlos
2: Zman
3: Iron Ninja
4: Knot
5: David Baca
5: Martin
7: Sean
7: Zal
9: NotWorkSafe
9: E Dawg
9: Johnny Walker

Tekken 6

1: Cameron
2: Jason C
3: Jason M
4: Chris Trout
5: Elijah
5: Heartless
7: Choke Artist
7: Quinn
9: Potatokiss
9: Dave

There ye are gentlemen! I cannot figure out how to get the brackets up from my computer on Smashboards, so never mind on that. :/ But anyway, complete results are now up!

P.S. How would everyone feel about another tournament in December or January?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i guess i'll start the shoutouts

goldenglove- thanks for helping me run the brackets and your john redcorn is great. i should learn to never gamble matches on wake up shadow kicks.

bees- i didn't get to talk to you that much, but congrats on the 3rd place.

meno- ggs

tim and yang- i'll see you two at ace. yang, i expect you to beat jwong.

dhalsim- **** you

everyone else- ggs, see you at ace, play mk9/kof etc.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You know who's pretty chill?

That Dakpo guy.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
I'll do some shoutouts!

i'll start with out of state people:

Axe: God you are cool. Why are you so good all of the time? It was really great to see you again, and congrats on winning man!

Falcoty: Didn't get to talk to you too much, but you are a very chill dude and a great sheik. Congrats on third place!

Nicknyte: You are so awesome. Seriously, Nick, you might be my favorite person I have met from out of state. Let me know if you are having a tournament in your area, and I will hit it up.

Dakpo: I honestly barely talked to you the whole tournament, but you seemed like a very cool guy. Also a couple of my friends came who were total noobs, and you gave one of them tips after your match with him. It really meant a lot to those guys, and I really wanted to thank you!

Tetsuya: Good games man! I'm really glad we got to play again! Your fox is so deceiving, I swear. Every time I think I'm safe to attack, I get punished.

In-state:

Light: Congrats, ggs, etc. Great job taking a set off of Axe!

Kyle: My god, you get better every time I see you. Great job man, congrats on the placement.

David: Good job buddy. Your puff has gotten so good. It's a little ridiculous. Keep that practice up, and don't ever think that you're bad just because you play with top notch players!

Erich!: Buddy! Thanks for running the tournament! You did an amazing job! I know you weren't happy with your placement but every tournament organizer will tell you how difficult it is to run a tourney and play in it at the same time.Thanks for all of the hard work man, and you'll get them next time!

Dekar: Always good to see you sexy. Congrats on the placement, we should seriously play some brawl together some time, you make it look fun.

Nolan: You did great man! Don't worry about your loss to ICs, you'll learn the matchup!

Zmang: Good job in street fighter buddy. Also thanks for helping set up all of the non smash games for the tournament, I really appreciate it! It was good to see you, as always.

Paul: You are good at Mortal Kombat. Pretty good at smash too, you should have entered. But it was great to see you! Teach me how to play MK some time.

Steven: Congratulations on your placement in MK as well, also in MVC. You're pretty good. Also, thank you so much for running a lot of the tournaments! I don't know what we would have done without you there. We also need to hang out at some point, and I can become better at fighters.

Eikelmann: Good to see you as always, ggs, etc.

Everyone else!: Great games everyone! I had an amazing time and hope everyone else did as well.

I would like to say thank you to everyone for coming. It is not easy to put together a large tournament like that and have it run smoothly. If not for all of you, it would not have been nearly as good! It turned out to be a fantastic day and I am grateful it all went smoothly.

MY ONLY SHOUT-OUT: To all of you who were rushing me to finish my own tournament matches. I do not need to name you, nor do we need to speak of this further, so don't worry about it. I am the host of the tournament. I know my time constraints, and believe me I am FAR more aware of them than you are. I will play my matches when I am ready. I seem to recall Light taking almost 2 hours to prepare for the grand finals, no? Or was it losers finals? It makes no difference. Why rush me and not Brad? Or why rush either of us? We still finished with more than enough time to hold ANOTHER Melee tournament if we so desired. The last three hours were almost all free play and warm-up. Point is: no offense, but I have more tournament hosting experience than you do, and I am not going to do something I know will put us in danger of not finishing the tournament. You do not need to apologize or feel bad, it's okay. :) But know that in the future you should trust me more than that.

That is all. To everyone I played, I apologize for not giving you my best. I will make it up to you the next time I see you in tournament. Especially you David. However I must say how proud I am of you and how far you have come mister. :) Falcoty, thank you for the compliment man. You are a very good Shiek player and your style is unorthodox. You have helped me realize some things I shall not soon forget. They are too hard to explain on here, but thank you very much. :)

I will probably host another tournament in that same venue in the future. So spread the word guys! Albuquerque, New Mexico knows how to hold a tournament.

P.S. Las Cruces? Where you at? You should have come. :/

Dekar173

Justice Man
Unfortunately Roro, only myself and Dakpo make it look fun, and this is only when I'm not playing like a giant ****** like every other Diddy out there >.>

But yes, friendlies are extremely fun and moisture inducing ;D

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Everyone I actually played got their GGs and such on SRK already, so I'll just apologize to the smash guys for being in Fighter World the entire weekend and thank Erich, Zack, Casey, Molly, Brian, JT, and Sam (and probably others who I never happened to see behind a desk) for helping the tournament run smoothly.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs:
Dekar amazing diddy I really hope we can play again sometime.
Bees thank you for the rob MU tips!!!
Isaacard don't rage so hard against Ice Climbers its bad for your health
and to everyone else ggs hope we can play again soon :D

tekkie

Smash Master
Brawl:

1. Dakpo :zerosuitsamus:
2. Dekar :diddy:
3. Bees :rob: :kirby2:
4. Bad Karma :dedede::popo::metaknight:
5. Furiousduffman :gw:
5. Isaacard :pikachu2:
7. Light :peach:
7. Arty :snake::metaknight:
9. JT! :rob:
9. Phate :snake:
9. Meno :peach:
9. Dark Shifter :metaknight:
13. Ginko :marth::lucario:
13. Twistr :kirby2:
13. Super King :pit::kirby2:
13. Ethan
17. Seth :falco:
17. Andrew W.
17. Alex Defuga :ness2::toonlink:
17. Bryan :pit::wario:
17. Napos :metaknight:
17. Tekkie :wolf:
17. Brian Marken
17. Tetsuya :marth:
25. Casey B.
25. Miles
25. Error :dedede::olimar:
25. Jake
25. Iria :metaknight:
25. Chris Daily

^to the best of my knowledge. dekar will know more about payouts.

edit: i'll do shoutouts later... duke nukem lol

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, according to the original tournament page, payout was 50/30/20, so if Dekar doesn't show up, I can just use that or something.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
@dakpo your zamus is so gooood. really sad we didnt get to play more friendlies!

@duffman thanks for the practice! Sucks we couldnt play more at casey's :(

@Darkshifter Your MK got better! ggs

@Error Sorry we didnt get to hang out back at caseys I had to let CO get their stuff at my house. We gotta hang out soon. get ep to hold a tourney!

@Arty GGs. I think your snake would have done way better, dont play mk :(

@BadKarma Sorry I was disrespectful during the match! ICs piss me off. Next time we're at the same tourney I would love to MM you with any other character you play so we can have a game of brawl thats less run away from grabs :)

@tekkie I barely got to play you :(

@bees too good. learned a lot playing friendlies with you. good **** on 3rd!

@walker **** you, i hate you

@armarillo marth (i forgot your name) man you scared the **** out of me. good stuff! Really sad we didnt get to play more :(

@meno i'm gonna smack your peach around next time i see you! was great hanging out with you dudes! hold a tourney we can come down to!

@Tim @ Yang YOU GUYS ARE JERKS

@Erich THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HOSTING THIS. YOU ARE SO COOL. And giving me a free drink coming off my loss was awesome too. Thanks mang

also not one of you ****s can spell my name

Napos

Smash Ace
@ everyone: Great playing and hanging out with all of you. Wish I would have played more friendlies but all good!

I used meta Tek,

Now Its time to read a ton of threads and observe a ton of videos

Napos

Smash Ace
Indeed I will. Nice seeing you at the theater btw, not a bad British accent

tekkie

Smash Master
@ everyone: Great playing and hanging out with all of you. Wish I would have played more friendlies but all good!

I used meta Tek,

Now Its time to read a ton of threads and observe a ton of videos
what name did you use?

TengenToppaTetsuya

Smash Cadet
Shout outs!!- A big thank you to the NM scene for hosting this tournament, first tournament since MLG (the EP one doesnt count!!) and what a way to start! I know I disappointed some people because I had to leave early... Im sorry for that but from now on I plan to stay 2 days- 1 for the tournament, and the other to go places with my family/friends!

1. Dakpo-amazing ZSS!!! still cant believe you gimped me with Up B in doubles! Nice job in singles too, I thought no one stood a chance at beating dekar
2. Dekar- Still sorry for my GF team play... http://www.hulu.com/watch/25214/billy-madison-calling-ms-vaughn ( go to 1:34: dekar= adam sandler, me= the kid with the HUGE glasses)

3. Bees- I didnt get to see you play at all but, incredible placement considering the characters you used!
4. Bad Karma- Again, didnt get to see you play but, those characters look scary... ICs, DDD and a pocket metaknight?! yikes
5. Furiousduffman- who let this guy get this high?! just CP marth/fox against him!! jk, good job lui, I dont care what the match up chart says, your GaW is scary regardless of what character I play
5. Isaacard- ESAM 2.0 or what?!
7. Arty- I know you want to prove that you can beat me in a tournament set, and I know that in the past (including this weekend) I havent given you the chance to do so... but I give you my word, when ALBQ hosts another tournament and if we meet in the bracket, you WILL have the chance! Also, nice job for beating us in doubles! I kinda wish that you and lui placed a little higher in singles though! Ride the doubles hype wave!!
9. JT!- I like that you play marth now since I consider ROB a "marth" with a slightly better recovery and you trade kill power for projectiles. Feels like youre playing the same character... almost :p
17. Tekkie- I thought you would place higher :(

Melee:

1. Axe- You're way too good man!!!!!! you know what it felt like to play you in doubles? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oYGGsTzbI
2. Light- Well, now I know how I would stack up against Armada! :p Sick peach!!
3. Falcoty- I didnt get to play you...but from what I saw... wow man BEASTLY sheik!
4. Twins- You guys get better each time I venture down there its amazing , sorry I forfeit before we got to play in bracket :(
7. Erich- You don't know how afraid I was to play you in bracket... but I got lucky and caught a break! Mad props for running the tournament as well! Your marth is the marth of the future!!
7. Eikalmann- Sick Ganondorf man! I didn't deserve the win on Yoshi's, that stupid cloud saved me!!!
9. Wraith- GGs man was fun to play you again! Fox's B-air is to good!!! :p
9. NickNyte- Sick luigi man, gotta love the misfires!!!

tekkie

Smash Master
Dakpo - technical players are the reason this game is good. your zss is nutty as hell and those friendlies were way fun. also i'm gonna harass you about replays soon stay tuned :awesome:
Dekar - you're such a troll. thanks for housing, practice, and other acts of badassery.
Bees - your name is so much fun to say. your rob is weird and awesome. glad you kept playing brawl :D
Bad Karma - didn't play you unfortunately but its okay because i hate all your mains. nothing personal :D next time lol
Furiousduffman - el paso is so goddamn awesome. don't stop going to albuquerque. and don't let arty stop going either.
Isaacard - i wanted more friendlies too :< but there's always next time; saturday was mostly for giving OoSers the business
Arty - your random *** giggle fits cracked me up too. don't give up brawl you jerk :bee:
JT! - random doubles is the sport of the gods
Phate - your snake is pretty sick, keep working on it. i wanna get our set uploaded because it was badass
Ginko - you were awesome rofl. don't forget to send panic my regards and tell him to step it up and come to nm next time. awesome time with those friendlies :D
Twistr - doubles?!!?!!???! you and your random mid tier mains lol.
Super King - suddenly, a good pit player comes out of nowhere. intense sets :bee:
Bryan - same as always. keep it real broski
Tetsuya - bracket was not nice to me lol. good **** in doubles btw i cried a little on the inside when you got gimped rofl
Error - chill as ****. keep doing that. good times with the friendlies and all :D

and finally

Erich - amazing tournament. thanks a ton for doing all the work to host! hope you keep holding them in the future!

edit: I was planning on uploading ALL of the replays saved on my wii from the tournament somewhere so people could pick through and figure out which were theirs but i only have 4 and i'm pretty sure they're all mine lol. i don't see why this isn't standard post-tournament practice for people.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
SHOUT OUTS!!! First of all i want to thank the TOs of this. Without you guys there would be no tourney.
Erich- Thanks for doing this. It was really awesome to meet you and hope to play you in melee when i get better >__<
TWINS- OAMSDKNASKNDKAJSDNJASDN YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME AIOSDJAKONSDKANSLDKNASKDASKDJ It was fantastic meeting you guys. Sorry for the massive name switch trolling :troll: Are you guys going to Genesis? Really hoping you are, because we need to hang out more. XD
Nicknight-....sorry i know thats not how you spell it. It was really awesome meeting you. Thanks for teaching me melee and playing TvC! hope to cya again.

1. Dakpo- Stop failing you scrub....oh wait...you actually won?..guess i should stop trolling you
2. Dekar- Dude Intense games!!! It was really great to play you for so many sets, it literally drained me mentally. What an amazing diddy. I really hope we can team for Genesis.
3. Bees- Your basics are truly awesome! What a beast kirbs and Rob. Really hope you guys could come to one of our monthly tournies!
4. Bad Karma- <3 Way to rep the 806!!!
5. Furiousduffman- It was awesome to meet you for real this time. Hope we meet in tourney sometime.
5. Isaacard- It was fun playing in friendlies with you. Hope we play again soon. Keep the pikachu up :)
7. Light- Had fun playing in tourney, maybe next time we will play in melee
7. Arty- looks like zss just isnt your bag lol cya next time
9. JT! shame, i wanted to meet you in tourney
9. Phate=Phil=<3=rep806
9. Meno- Wish i got to play your peach more! good stuff
13. Ginko- <3...Even though your probably not going to even check this
13. Super King - I WILL PLAY YOU SO MUCH AT DMT
17. Tekkie Ill try to get those matches. GGs!
17. Brian Marken- I think this is the Zss player. Good Games L: hope my tips can help
17. Tetsuya-hmmm was this the marth player?
25. Error- you should have done singles :(

tw1n

Smash Champion
This tournament was so freakin amazing!
It was awesome hanging out with everyone!

Ronald - You are the reason the tourney actually happened. Thank you so much for everything. And your Fox and falcon are amazing! Keep practicing man!

Axe - Thank you so much for coming out. Thank you so much for actually teaming with me and being the only reason we did well in teams. I will do much better next time I swear. We need to hang out more haha :D Love ya man! Also, next time we will get Murpheys Mule Barn!

Bryce - You gotta come back to NM again! I have so much fun when you are here! Also you got so much better in brawl, but god damn did you get amazing in melee! please keep practicing! Also as I told Axe, next time we will get murpheys Mule Barn!!!

Falcoty - Where the hell have you been! You need to come here more often. Seriously. You are one of the coolest people I have ever met! And your Sheik/falco are incredible! Also as I told Axe and bryce, next time we will get murpheys Mule Barn!!!!!!

Nicknyte - I still wanna do the burger challenge! You are such a great person. Never change. Stay amazing. Stupid *** misfires tho...

Light - I'll tell you right now actually... done.

Erich- You ran things so well dude! It was awesome playing you in tourney. Yu and Paul are so freakin great in teams!

Paul-Good stuff on winning MK9. You are so insane in melee! I wish you would have entered into singles. Next time lol ;)

Twin_A! - Good **** ;)

Dekar - Way to rep NM again :) And thanks for running the brawl side. You made it run very smoothly start to finish!

ZMan - Thank you for running the 2D fighters! I never knew that Alb. could run so many tourneys at one place so well. And also great job in SSF4. I promise next time I will talk even more **** and I will make your opponents cry (cough Forward reference cough)

Steven - Same thing I told Z. Great job on winning MK9 and great job on helping run the 2D fighters. Next time enter melee!!!

Dakpo - You are awesome haha! Yes we are going to genesis and yes we must hang out some more! You guys are freakin awesome! Also good job on winning dude!

Phil (aka Phate) - Dude! Your Snake was legit! But more than that you were such a great guy to hang out with! And I still am thinking of gamer tags for you ;) how about Reaper or Frost?

Bad Karma aka Dakpo#2 - Haha you seriously look like a Dakpo. But good stuff on placing well in singles and doubles! I really hope you can make it to genesis as well! You are awesome!

Tetsuya! - I really wanted to play you in tourney lol. Next time!

Error - Same thing I told tetsuya. I wanted to play you in tourney! Pikachu dittos! Lol good stuff tho man!

JT - Love you

Duffman - Love you too

Arturo - Come back to Alb more. Bring those other guys too ;)

Meno - You are sexy!

Bees - Your Rob is beast!

Eikelmann - Told you NM had some good players ;) Hope you learned alot and had fun lol. Good stuff tho on beating NickNyte! His Luigi is freakin great!

Everyone else. Thank you for coming out. It was a blast. Sorry if I missed anyone. But you all are awesome!

Also, if you missed this tournament, you messed up ;)

Dekar173

Justice Man
I thought you copied like 6 of them? Post everything you've got up and I'll try to post the rest. I've gotta buy a new USB splitter somewhere because the ones I got from JT are dying ><

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
whoa

This tournament is the same date as my cousin's wedding was. If I had gone, I'd have been in NM for this. That'd have been a strange coincidence.

Top Bottom