• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*GENESIS 2* Transportation thread from BART to Hotel, Thurs. 07/14! Need Drivers too!

The King

Smash Ace
This is going to be the thread for EVERYONE who is traveling into the Bay Area for Genesis 2 and will need a ride from the ***PITTSBURG / BAY POINT*** Bart Station to the Ramada Inn on THURSDAY JULY 14TH.

We are going to attempt to provide you with rides courtesy of some very generous Norcal smashers, friends/family, etc. Because the rented-shuttle we had in mind ended up being too expensive, our remaining options for getting you to the Hotel are either:
1.) You arrange for your own taxi ride to the hotel (distance is approximately 7 miles from BART to the Hotel, at an estimated cost of $25)
2.) Our drivers can pick you up around your designated time (gas isn't free, so bringing a couple dollars each to help compensate our driver's generosity will be greatly appreciated.) xD

ESSENTIAL INFORMATION:
-Your name and the number of people you're expected to arrive to BART with
-The time you expect to arrive to BART (you can also post which airport you're flying into, along with what time your flight arrives, and we can guestimate your BART arrival time.)
-Some form of contact info, preferably a cell phone number (if privacy is a concern, you can simply send me a PM with the information above and your cell phone #)

Our Contact Info:
King (Daniel Hutchinson): (925)-727-8779 White Mercedes Benz C350
Sidefx (Boback Vakili): (925)-408-9646 Silver Toyota Prius
Germ (German Roverso): (925)-360-5985

Expected Driving Vehicles for Thursday:
Black Kia 4-door compact
Black 4-door Ford SUV

TO ALL NORCAL SMASHERS: GENESIS 2 NEEDS YOUR HELP!

We need a couple volunteers to aid us with shuttling people to the hotel from the BART station. We can provide some perks such as a free Genesis-2 T-shirt and a food/drink voucher, you'll get gas compensation from the folks being transported, and you get the chance to meet all the cool out-of-state smashers coming to Antioch for the biggest smash tournament in history!

If you're available to help us out in this regard, we'll be eternally grateful. It will most likely be from mid-morning to late evening, but with 2-3 drivers I'm sure there will be breaks in-between pickups. Our primary staff will be doing setup work in the venue on Thursday, so when nothing's happening you can stop by and chill & whatnot. =)

WHETHER YOU NEED A RIDE TO THE HOTEL ON THURSDAY, OR YOU'RE A POTENTIAL DRIVER, PLEASE POST HERE! It'll help a ton, so we can get all the travel & volunteer information sorted properly. Thanks, and see you at GENESIS!

Confirmed List of Smashers Needing Transportation:

Tuesday
- VirtualVoid: Arriving 1:16pm, expected bart arrival 3:15pm
- Yoshq: Arriving 1:15pm, expected bart arrival 3:30pm. Phone number 715-214-8677

Wednesday
- Tw1n + 3 others: arriving *Wed* at 10am, expected bart arrival 12:00pm
- Browny (and 2 others): Arriving 12:30pm, expected bart arrival 2:30pm.
- omgwtfToph (at least 3 others, possibly 5): Arriving sometime Wednesday?
- Dr. PP: arriving 9:45pm, expected bart arrival 11:40pm

Thursday

- Joanna Dark : expected bart arrival 10:00am
- Lolstuff/Andrew, Wingu/rio, Nawgui/Paul, arrives 10:00am ((425)444-9737)
- Scimmyboy: Arrives at the bart station around 10:30am
- Wobbles: Arriving 9:05am, expected bart arrival 11:00am
- Rock, Aposl, Logic: Arriving 10:25am, bart arrival around 12:00pm (443-370-2042)
- Cyrain + 2 others: arrives 11:00am, expected bart arrival 1:00pm ((804)929-2359)
- GameDragonX, Hrnut, Trump: Arriving 11:30am, expected bart arrival 1:20pm
- Qlex, Slhoka: Expected bart arrival 2:15pm
- Axe, Taj: Arrives 12:22pm, expected bart arrival 2:15pm
- Divinokage, Max: arriving 12:25pm, expected bart arrival 2:15pm
- Nicknyte + (7!) others: Arrives 12:25pm, expected bart arrival 2:40pm
- Trahhsteezy: Arrives 1:30pm, expected bart arrival 3:00pm
- Meta (Evan), Tahsis (Yakal): Arriving 1:30pm, expected bart arrival 3:15pm
- Conn0r + Stab: Arrives 1:51pm, expected bart arrival 3:30pm
- Mike, Myler: Arrives 3:20pm, expected bart arrival 5:30pm (707-733-0963)
- Abate: Arrives at 3:28pm, expected Bart arrival 5:30pm ((973) 650-8375)
- Isai, Superboomfan: Arriving at the bart station at 6:00pm (1-780-218-4450)
- Thug/Sean: Arriving 3:57pm, expected bart arrival 6:00pm (402-202-9123)
- Hylian (Jordan), Radium (Rauleen), Heytallman: Flight arrives 6:10pm, expected bart arrival 7:45pm
- Stealth Raptor (Daniel), + possibly Leaf and Roller: Arriving 6:33 (pm?), expected bart arrival 8:15pm
- Rubyiris (Alexander): Arriving 6:47pm, expected bart arrival 8:30pm
- Gunstar Omega: Arriving at Bart around 9:00pm Thursday
- Strong Bad: Arrives 7:51pm, expected bart arrival 10:00pm
- UltimateRazer, Gnes, Zori, Trela: Arrives at 9:00pm, expected Bart arrival 10:45pm (713-302-2708)
- Sensei, Shaky: Arrives around midnight (7864365990)

Friday
- DoH: Arrives 11:09pm, estimated Bart arrival 12:45am Friday morning
- Ihavespaceponies: Arrives 10:55pm, expected bart arrival 12:45am friday morning
- Bionic: Arrives 11:13pm (thurs night), expected bart arrival 1:15am

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Awesome.

Hylian/Jordan
Radium/Rauleen

Just the two of us. Our flight gets into SFO at 6:10 P.M. Thursday. I'm assuming the bart ride will be an hour like last time so maybe around 7:20-7:30 we will need a ride to the hotel from the bart station.

We can provide however much gas money you guys need. Thanks a lot!

Metà

Smash Master
Meta/Evan
Tahsis/Yakal

We will be arriving at around 1:30 pm on Thursday, and we will probably get to Pittsburg station around 3 pm. There may be two other people with us, but I don't know if they're even going on the same flight as us, so I'll let them deal with it themselves. We could really use a ride from the BART station to the Ramada.

sidefx

Smash Champion
dan, be sure to put mine, your and germans info up on the first post.

names and phone numbers and car model/color

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX
Hrnut
Trump

we will be arriving in oakland around 11:30, id estimate with BART we would get to the pittsburgh station around 1-1:30pm on thursday

Browny

Smash Hater
ohi

Me and 2 others will be arriving on wednesday afternoon between 12-1pm so will probably get to Pittsburgh BART at like 3:30pm or something. Will pay gas money/tips w/e idk how USA works :p

Violence

Smash Lord
Julian(tarheeljks, ITT's TO) and I will be driving up with a car full of people each on Thursday night. We're not sure what time we'll get there, but we will make a few shuttling trips each to the station until there's no one left scheduled and no one's left at the station.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Hey, so 4 or 6 of us will need transportation from the BART to the Ramada at some point during the day. I say "some point" because we're flexible - we're arriving in Norcal from Wednesday, so we can depart for the BART station at any time it's convenient.

There will definitely be 4 of us - Me, Vish, Kou (from Japan), and Shoyo (from Hawaii). Depending on how things work out, RAIN and EARTH (the Brawl players from Japan, they were at APEX) may be tagging along with us as well.

I suspect that even if they aren't with us, they would appreciate their own rides from the BART to the hotel, though.

I'll buy you dinner or a drink or something if you wanna help us out. <3

Oh yeah, and I'm going to post this in the housing thread as well, but since we're arriving in Norcal on Wednesday and not Thursday, we're looking for a non-hotel place to stay JUST for Wednesday night. Shoyo won't be with us, so it'd be 5 of us, I guess. Any takers? We're really good at Melee and really good at partying ;D ;D And Rain and Earth are really good at Brawl.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is there anyway you guys can confirm the people you will pick up with a list or something?

Violence

Smash Lord
The shuttlers? I don't know when I'm getting into Antioch yet, it depends on everyone I know's flight info. Worst case, I get in a bit late.

But I will be driving until I don't see anyone at the station and Boback isn't expecting any more people.

sidefx

Smash Champion
well everyones confirmed. not gonna leave anyone stranded at the station

Ill probably have it so there is a person available to go to the bart station every 20-30 min or so,

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sounds good thanks.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I didn't know this thread existed but I need a ride from SFO to the airport Wednesday night. My flight is scheduled to arrive around 9 45 PM. =)

sidefx

Smash Champion
unfortunately not =\ im not even going to be around on monday =\

there are a bunch of people heading toward the airports on monday though im sure there is a way to get back atleast to bart with someone (shared cab or something)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I just rebooked my flight to arrived on the 14th. I get in to SFO at 11:45a, so I'd say I'll be at the Pittsburg/Bay Point station between 1:30-1:45 (? You guys know the times better than I do).
Would be just me :3

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I'm arriving in oakland around 1:30..so however long that takes to get to pitts is when ill be at the station, i might taxi but if someone could hook it up im willing to give atleast $10.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Alright, I bought my ticket. ;D

I'll be arriving at SFO on Thursday @ 6:47 PM, so I figure I'll arrive at the Pittsburg/Baypoint around 8:30 and 9:00 PM.

Contact info:

Name: Rubyiris/Alexander
Digits: 520-977-2254

I'm flying alone. Also I would really like an estimate of how much gas money will be required. I am EXTREMELY short on money, so I really need to know what people are asking so I can work it into my budget.

sidefx

Smash Champion
thats up to the driver really. its 14 miles for them to pick you up so like 2-3 bucks would probably be fine.

but like i said its up to the driver. i drive a prius so im probably going to be asking for like a dollar lol if i end up picking you up

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The less money I have to spend, the better. I'm pretty much tapping all available resources to make this happen.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Alright I'm arriving on SFO at like 12:25 on thursday... and I wont need to pick up anything from the airport so I'm going straight to the Bart. So I guess around 2:00-2:30 should be at the Pittsburg station.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I arrive with 3 others Wed at roughly 10 a.m. at OAK airport.
Not sure how long the BART ride is.

Twin1 (505) 977-7914
Twin_A (505) 977-7926

Thank you guys :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'll be coming by myself that thursday. I arrive at 7:51 PM at SFO. No idea where that puts me as far as the BART goes, but my number is -snip-

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
okay stab and I are arriving at OAK at 1:51pm on Thursday. Idk how bad/crowded BART is going to be around that time but I think we should be arriving at the pittsburg/bay point station around 3:30pm. It'd be awesome if we could get picked up from there. Thanks!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Ok, my flight gets into Oakland at 11:09 on Thursday evening, meaning I'd take the 11:40 Orange out and end up at the BART station in Pittsburg around 12:30am. Can anyone pick me up at that time?

Then I leave out of SFO at 7 am on Tuesday

My real name is Landon and my cell is 817.929.8262

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
If someone can pick up DoH, could they get me at the same time? I fly into SFO at 10:55 PM Thursday, so I'll get the 11:33 yellow out to Pittsburg.

My real name is Jack and my cell is 901-581-3207

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
donno y fly amanita closed our thread? kid cant read? cuz we askin for airport to ramada, not cool admin. neway adam brown and michael li need a ride from sfo airport to ramada. we gonna pull up at entrance 830-9 am if nobody can do it then somebody plz tell me how much it costs to taxi from there. if its over 150 then we won't take the taxi and need somebody to please teach us how to get to bart or pits w/e.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
The shuttlers? I don't know when I'm getting into Antioch yet, it depends on everyone I know's flight info. Worst case, I get in a bit late.

But I will be driving until I don't see anyone at the station and Boback isn't expecting any more people.
yo eric can u drive us from sfo airport to ramada? ill pay u like 50 gas

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Your thread was locked because this is the thread to talk about matters related to transportation for Genesis 2. A bunch of threads asking for rides and stuff creates clutter so it's better to keep it in one thead. Fly is a good guy.

Top Bottom