• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete ZSS Frame Data

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...E5hSi02X1hyeGt5WFU3TjhFM3QzaFE&hl=en_US#gid=0

This is the complete Zero Suit Samus frame/hitbox/angle data, as provided to me by rPSI. All credit goes to him.

This is a long time coming, but is still missing a few things such as advantage on shield. But I guess most of us know what works on shield and what doesn't at this point.

If the numbers seem strange, it's because much of it is in hex. I didn't bother to convert it all because that's a lot of work (lol) but some of it is pretty strange. If you want to convert anything, there are a dozen hex converters on the web.

Interesting things in the frame data:

1. ZSS' smash attacks have two separate entries on the table, one for start-up and one for the rest of it. The start-up for most of them are pretty long, so if you charge, her smashes come out earlier than most characters. Down smash comes out on frame 5 (not 1), usmash comes out on frame 3, and fsmash comes out on, uh, I don't know.

2. Forward smash does indeed have a part of the attack that hits a lot harder than usual. The hitbox active on frame 9 has 35 base knockback and 100 growth compared with the rest of the move which is 30 base and 100 growth. The difference isn't actually that great. The strongest hitbox deals 12 damage, and the weaker (not the sourspot) deals 9, which affects knockback. Compare with back air, which has 100 growth and 33 base kb.

3. Dsmash has a 30% chance to trip, which will never ever under any circumstances actually happen.

4. Here is complete shield data. I basically did all of the ground moves, usmash hit 1, usmash final hit (so if they're over you on a platform and shield the whole thing), dsmash and charge versions (which include a 0 hitlag modifier, since that's what she actually has, it's a special flag), all aerials rising/in the air and landing (none of her aerials land during the AC window so I didn't think that was very important), frame advantage on Paralyzer Shot (if it hits during the last possible frame), and the bottom and top hitboxes of grounded Plasma Wire.

Code:
Move			Hitlag	Shield Hitlag	Shield Stun		Adv.

Jab 1			5		5			0			-17
Jab 2			5		5			0			-19
Jab 3			6		6			1			-19
Dash Att.		7		7			2			-24
Ftilt U		7		7			2			-21
Ftilt N		7		7			2			-21
Ftilt D		7		7			2			-18
Utilt			6		6			1			-42
Dtilt			7		7			2			-16
Fsmash Close	12		8			3			-47
Fsmash Sweet	7		9			4			-40
Fsmash Tip	7		7			2			-42
Usmash First	9		6			1			-40
Usmash Last	9		6			1			-20
Dsmash 		0		9			3			- 4
Dsmash Charge	0		11			5			0
Nair			13		8			3			-44
Nair Landing	13		8			3			-13
Fair 1 		7		7			2			-40
Fair 1 Landing	7		7			2			-15
Fair 2 		9		9			3			-29
Fair 2 Landing	9		9			3			-14
Bair			10		10			4			-26
Bair Landing	10		10			4			- 6
Uair			8		8			3			-27
Uair Landing	8		8			3			- 7
Uair Sour		7		7			2			-25
Uair Sour Land	7		7			2			- 8
Dair Land		2		6			1			-35
Gut-Up Att. U	7		7			2			-33
Get-Up Att. D	7		7			2			-32
Trip Attack		6		6			1			-31
NSpecial W	6		6			1			  1
NSpecial S		7		7			2			  2
SSpecial 		11		8			3			-11
USpecial G		0		5			0			-34
USpecial G Tip	10		7			2			-22

fkacyan

Smash Hero
What irritates me about Dsmash's release time is that despite that 5 frames shouldn't be reactable, Orion still ****ing powershields it.

I haven't even played Brawl in six months and it still pisses me off.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
2. Forward smash does indeed have a part of the attack that hits a lot harder than usual. The hitbox active on frame 9 has 35 base knockback and 100 growth compared with the rest of the move which is 30 base and 100 growth. The difference isn't actually that great. The strongest hitbox deals 12 damage, and the weaker (not the sourspot) deals 9, which affects knockback. Compare with back air, which has 100 growth and 33 base kb.
So you say that it hits a lot harder, then proceed to say that its not that great. Afterwards, you tell us that one part is stronger than back air. Assuming the difference is not that great, the other part is also about as strong as bair.

So Fsmash is as good a killer, if not stronger, than bair?

Also, how does Fsmash work? 12 frames of startup > hits 9 frames afterwards? I dont see how I should read that shiz

+wat about neutral b

And upB looks like 5 frames of startup on the ground hitbox, thats pretty cool. Anything you can say about downB?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The hitboxes are classified two ways: AOC and OC. AOC I believe are the articles generated, and OC are the on-character boxes. The OC boxes have 3 events. Hitbox 0 comes out on frame 9, and until frame 11, has the properties listed next to OC Hitbox 0. At Frame 11, 0 gains an event. It changes damage (probably sours) but nothing else changes. On frames 9 and 10, OC hitbox 1 is also active, but on frame 11 it disappears.

And so on and so forth. The chart reads like a chronological event, showing you where each hitbox is generated, what it does exactly, how long it's out, etc.

For a 20+ frame smash attack with a 3-frame sweet spot window, it's pretty pitiful.

There are text files with more information about the specials. Here:

Code:
Neutral B
	SpecialNStart, SpecialAirNStart
		If on Ground 
			> SpecialNStart
		Else 
			> SpecialAirNStart
		End If
		Change Action - SpecialNShootH, SpecialAirNShootH
		Requirement: animation end, b held
		Change Action - SpecialNShoot, SpecialAirNShoot
		Requirement: animation end
		Infinite Loop
			If on Ground
				> SpecialNStart
			Else
				> SpecialAirNStart
			End If
		Execute Loop

SpecialNShootH, SpecialAirNShootH
		Change Action - Standing
		Requirement: animation end, on ground
		Change Action - Falling
		Requirement: animation end, in air
		If on Ground
			> SpecialNShootH
		Else
			>SpecialAirNShootH
		Infinite Loop
			If on Ground
				If past frame  21
					Change Action SpecialNLanding
					requirement: having been airborne
				Else
					> SpecialNShootH
			Else
				> SpeicalAirNShootH
			End If
		Execute Loop

SpecialNShoot, SpecialAirNShoot
		Change Action - Standing
		Change Action - Falling
		If on Ground
			> SpecialNShoot
		Else
			> SpecialAirNShoot
		End if
		Infinite Loop
			If on ground
				If past frame 1
					Change Action SpecialNLanding
					requirement: having been airborne
				Else
					> SpecialNShoot
			Else
				>SpecialAirNShoot
			End If
		Execute Loop

SpecialNLanding
		Change Action  - Standing
		Change Action - Falling
		> SpecialNLanding

Notes:
SpecialNShoot, SpecialAirNShoot generate Weak Shot on frame 2
SpecialNShootH, SpecialAirNShootH generate Strong Shot on frame 22
Code:
Down B
	SpecialLwStart, SpecialAirLwStart
			If on ground
				> SpecialLwStart
			Else
				> SpecialAirLwStart
			End If
		Change Action: SpecialLwLanding
		Requirement: On Ground
		Change Action: Falling
		Requirement: Animation End, In Air
		Change Action: SpecialAirLwKick
		Requirement: Attack Pressed, Frame 18 past
		Infinite Loop
			If past frame 26
				If hit stage
					Reverse Direction
					Change Action: SpecialLwStart, SpecialAirLwStart
				End If
			End If
		Execute Loop	
	SpecialLwLanding
		> SpecialLwLanding
		Change Action: standing
		Change Action: falling
		Requirement: in air

SpecialAirLwKick
		> SpecialAirLwKick
		Requirement: animation end
		Change Action: SpecialLwKickLanding
		Requirement: on ground

SpecialLwKickLanding
		> SpecialLwKickLanding
		Change Action: standing
		Requirement: Animation end, on ground
		Requirement: in air
Code:
Side B
	SpecialS, SpecialAirS
		Change Action - Standing
		Change Action - Falling
		If on ground
			> SpecialS
		Else
			> SpecialAirS
		End If
		Infinite Loop	
			If on ground
				> SpecialS
			Else
				> SpecialAirS
			End If
		Execute Loop

Notes: 
Grabs ledge frame 21
Code:
Up-B

Change Action - Standing
		requirement: animation end, on ground
		Change Action - Falling
		requirement: animation end, in air
		If on ground
			> SpecialHi
		Else
			> SpecialAirHi
		End if
		Infinite Loop
			If on ground
				> SpecialHi
			Else 
				> SpecialAirHi
			End if
		Execute Loop

Notes:
Grabs ledge frame 11

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I was hoping you'd ask me how to interpret it at least.

1) Smash attacks - The way a smash attack progresses in the game follows (Start-Up) > (Charge) > (Attack)
In the quickest possible attack, you will have 0 charge frames. So it will go (Start-Up) > (Attack). In between changes in the subactions (the subactions make up the actions, in this case a smash attack) you will take one frame away from the animation length of the start-up and then add the attack part. Add 60 frames for a fully charged attack.

2) Collision types - There are different types of collisions that the game recognizes
a) Offensive Collision (OC) - standard hitboxes
b) Special Offensive Collision (SOC) - hitboxes with some special properties (ie, causes no hitlag, absorbability, etc.)
c) Article Offensive Collisions (AOC) - hitboxes that aren't attached to ZSS, but instead her articles (paralyzer, whip, etc.). They're hitbox IDs work separately from ZSS's hitboxes.
d) Article Special Offensive Collisions (ASOC) - pretty much AOCs and SOCs combined :p
e) Grab Collisions - the hitboxes that grab
f) Throw Attack Collisions - they specify exactly what kind of damage will be done to the thrown opponent. They are not actually hitboxes, but actually specifiers.
g) Throw Collisions - they are the throw attack collision appliers, as in they perform the throw

Hitboxes that change properties
In some instances you will notice that the hitframes on certain hitboxes will read like "6-". This just means that the hitbox isn't being terminated, it's just changing. Look for the hitbox with the same ID as the one being changed and that is what it is being changed to. This is important because you cannot be hit by that same hitbox again, otherwise it would be multihit.

Zero

Smash Hero
FYI

To show the HEX column as DEC,

- Insert a new column between the Hex and another, either side is fine.
- In that new column, click on the first cell and type "=HEX2DEC($#1)", where # is the letter of the column.
- In the cell below the one you just used, type "=HEX2DEC($#2)", same rule with #.
- Click on the arrow in the bottom right, and drag down until the column is the same size.
- Title it whatever you want.

We need to create a new column because we can't refer to the same column in the formula, or else a circular dependency occurs.

I'd write a function to do it for you but I don't feel like trawling through the API atm, sry.
thx.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
N-air has 4 hitbubbles out on frames 10-18, but they move because they are attached to bones that move during the animation. As such it's hard to analyze nair with frame data alone. You'd really need a visual of it.

Imagine that bones 3, 5, 7, and 9 are on her arms or something, and that during the animation, her hands move. From frames 8 until 10 of this animation, all 4 of those bones have hitboxes attached that deal 10% damage. It's impossible to tell "where" they are from a technical standpoint though because articles don't have X, Y, and Z data. The hitbubbles are attached to articles, which have their own way of storing location information.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Autocancel frames occur at the beginning and ending of a move.
In the spreadsheet it's listed as the last possible early autocancel frame and the earliest possible late autocancel frame.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Oh yeah, but that stuff is right there on the chart, so I'm not really sure why you'd want me to...

AOC 0 - 10%, 55º angle, 40 BKB, 80 KBG
AOC 1 - 10%, 52º angle, 40 BKB, 80 KBG
AOC 2 - 10%, 50º angle, 40 BKB, 80 KBG
AOC 3 - 10%, 47º angle, 40 BKB, 80 KBG

Keep in mind that the angle is calculated the moment you use the move, so if you're moving forward and hit A, the reverse hitbox will send them towards the direction it would have sent them when you first used the move, even if the hitboxes haven't generated yet.

Neutral air will auto-cancel on frames 1, 2, 3, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, and 52.. From frames 4-46, you will suffer 11 frames of landing lag.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Here is shied advantage data. Dsmash is ****ing broken.

Adding this to OP.

I basically did all of the ground moves, usmash hit 1, usmash final hit (so if they're over you on a platform and shield the whole thing), dsmash and charge versions (which include a 0 hitlag modifier, since that's what she actually has, it's a special flag), all aerials rising/in the air and landing (none of her aerials land during the AC window so I didn't think that was very important), frame advantage on Paralyzer Shot (if it hits during the last possible frame), and the bottom and top hitboxes of grounded Plasma Wire.

Code:
Move			Hitlag	Shield Hitlag	Shield Stun		Adv.

Jab 1			5		5			0			-17
Jab 2			5		5			0			-19
Jab 3			6		6			1			-19
Dash Att.		7		7			2			-24
Ftilt U		7		7			2			-21
Ftilt N		7		7			2			-21
Ftilt D		7		7			2			-18
Utilt			6		6			1			-42
Dtilt			7		7			2			-16
Fsmash Close	12		8			3			-47
Fsmash Sweet	7		9			4			-40
Fsmash Tip	7		7			2			-42
Usmash First	9		6			1			-40
Usmash Last	9		6			1			-20
Dsmash 		0		9			3			- 4
Dsmash Charge	0		11			5			0
Nair			13		8			3			-44
Nair Landing	13		8			3			-13
Fair 1 		7		7			2			-40
Fair 1 Landing	7		7			2			-15
Fair 2 		9		9			3			-29
Fair 2 Landing	9		9			3			-14
Bair			10		10			4			-26
Bair Landing	10		10			4			- 6
Uair			8		8			3			-27
Uair Landing	8		8			3			- 7
Uair Sour		7		7			2			-25
Uair Sour Land	7		7			2			- 8
Dair Land		2		6			1			-35
Gut-Up Att. U	7		7			2			-33
Get-Up Att. D	7		7			2			-32
Trip Attack		6		6			1			-31
NSpecial W	6		6			1			  1
NSpecial S		7		7			2			  2
SSpecial 		11		8			3			-11
USpecial G		0		5			0			-34
USpecial G Tip	10		7			2			-22
Thio, if Orion powershields your charged dsmash you can just buffer jab (or utilt DEPENDING on how he punishes you) and win LOOOL

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Some Things

Dsmash -4? Thats way good, that means jab is reliable. Utilt being -42 means that on PS it can get fsmashed by snake and dedede loool

Nair -13 is bad, we originally thought -10 which meant that it was perfectly safe on the right spacing, -13 becomes 6 after 7 shielddrop frames, and with 6 frames most chars can do something (snake ftilt, falco downb/dash attack, sheik dash attack etc) but meh, its still pretty safe.
Fair1 and Fair2 I dont wanna judge without seeing their actual landing animation, if the leg keeps sticking out Id say we arent safe at all, if they dont were pretty ok.
Bair -6, Uair -7/8. Thats pretty good, especially on bair. Heres a source for all grab frame data in brawl.
With Bair we can avoid the grabs of the following characters
Bowser / DK / Yoshi / Link / Toon Link / Olimar / Zero Suit Samus / Samus / Zelda / Ganondorf / Captain Falcon / Ivysaur / Ike / Snake / Lucas

Underlined are somewhat cool, especially Snake.

Also, I read that SideB is -11 disregarding powershielding?
And how much does powershielding reduce dsmash disadvantage?

Thats pretty darn sweet. Besides that, well, eh, nb is pretty safe if you get it off. Weak shot lasts 22 frames and the strong one 42. I think we can basicly assume that if it hits earlier than the last frame, we can just reduce it by 1? That makes it pretty safe overall.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Keep in mind, those landing numbers are done by adding landing frames to the number of the FIRST POSSIBLE hitbox, so in order to be as safe as those numbers, you have to hit when the move first comes available and land the very next frame ;)

Powershielding stops shield pushback and elimintes shield drop frames. Basically, 0 frame advantage means that if someone PS you, you can both move on the next possible frame. If Zero Suit Samus Power shields another ZSS' charged dsmash, they can both jab frame 1. If they don't PS a charged dsmash, then you get to wait 7 frames for them to drop their shield or hit their shield again. :)

Best OOS options by a mile are uair, dtilt, and jab. Utilt is really only good when someone is behind you.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
SfP, why would you ever jab MK, that's a ****in frametrap on yourself.

Also, we need data on how long her jumps last.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Glad to have some definitive frame advantages finally, that info is gold. One other thing that would be very useful to know, what are the jab flow advantages? Basically can we be grabbed in between jabs even if we're spamming? My experiences say yes

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Glad to have some definitive frame advantages finally, that info is gold. One other thing that would be very useful to know, what are the jab flow advantages? Basically can we be grabbed in between jabs even if we're spamming? My experiences say yes
Gonna say no because even Falco can get shieldgrabbed inbetween the flow.

Top Bottom