• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu: X Games It's Back on! Esam, Vinnie, M2K, Junebug, Logic, Mekos....Dabuz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aposl

Smash Ace
VGBootCamp and Xanadu present: Xanadu X Games!

Special note:

This thread will be updated with additional information later on. (any rules that seem weird for right now may be due to the fact the rules where copy pasted, which means i havent checked throughthem exstensivley yet)

No late people will be admitted to the tournament, the venue fee will include everyone who comes, even if you do not enter, no exceptions. (this fee will be gathered on the way in, no one may play friendlies until they have payed venue, this includes money matches, and of course tournament matches)

Date:
December 3rd, 2011

Venue address:
3921 Vero Rd
Arbutus, Maryland 21227
(410) 247-2428

Entry fee:
$10 venue fee
$20 team ($10 per person),
$10 single

Schedule: Brawl and Melee same except no mid tiers for melee

10:00am venue opens/setup
11:00am event registration begins
12:00pm teams start
4:00 pm singles start
8:00pm mid tiers

Contact info:
Apostle's cell number- 410 446 6546
Logic's cell number- 240 216 2053
GimR's cell number- 443 370 2042

Payouts:
Doubles-

With 10-20 teams
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

With 20-30 teams
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

With 30+ Teams
1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

Singles-

With 20-60 people
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

With 60-80 people
1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

With 80+ people
1st - 44%
2nd - 24%
3rd - 12%
4th - 8%
5th - 4%
7th - 2%

Rules:

Brawl

3 Stock

8 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

Sets best of 3 games.

Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.

In the event of a dispute, higher seeded players have the choice of controller port. If there is a question of who is the higher seed, let the TO decide.

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well. You may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method as well to decide this.

Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.

Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned.

If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the tv loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first. If the game reports sudden death, please refer to sudden death procedures (see below.)

Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.

Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

"Continuous Sharking" is banned. This can be denoted as flying under the stage repeatedly with any character that can glide, just to fly back to the other side again without approaching the opponent. First offense will be a warning, 2nd will be a stock, and 3rd will be the game.

This tournament will have a new ledge grab rule
35 ledge grab limit for metaknight
40 ledge grab limit characters with 4 jumps or more
45 ledge grab limit for characters that don't fall into this category

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

Wii Hack Rules: Wii hacks are banned, with the exception of:

Infinite Replay

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules

Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

Stage Lists--

Starter Stages: (Top seed strikes 1 stages first, then the other player strikes 2 stages, then the top seed picks between the final 2 remaining stages)

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick stages: (each player receives 1 ban per set)
Lylat Cruise
CastleSiege
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Melee

(this was pasted from the MBR, we reserve the right to update this rule set, before the day of the tournamnet if anything copied seems off)

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System
Blind Picks character selection.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
The first match is played.
Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
The winning player of preceding match picks character.
The losing player picks character.
The next match is played.
Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Confirmed Brawl Players (28)
Aposl
God-Is-My-Rock
Logic
Seagull
Tiger
SSR
Tantalus
Lie
Keitaro
EE
BengalsRZ
D Manfamous
Sage 1400
Junebug
Tanman
Xlr8
xzax
Famous
Eazy
Vinnie
Bionic
Dark Flame
Pink Fresh
lol
SnackAttack
Carlton G.
Tony T
Zant

Interested brawl players: (32)
Inui
Yars Revengerson
OYGP
Robfox
NOID
****_tail
powerhouse
M@V
Pilgrim
TKO
Deez
Ishieymoro
M@v
LLOD
Smashgod
Sixsixsheep
Noraa
Shadow1PJ
Berto
Carlos J.
Nova9000
Shadofiend
Jband
Kojin
ESOJ
Kenrawr
Freezewish
DK Smash
Coney
Neo
Hat

Interested melee players: (20)
The Crimson Blur
Wenobular
Crescent Monkey
vist
Laijin
CTL17
godslafco
OYGP
CK
Bones
CMart
LeonHeart
GIMR
Zant
Jesus Smashes Puffs
VanillaWaffle
Crismas
Okin
Zant

Total: Brawl 57 Melee 20

Aposl

Smash Ace
melee will be in the front room, dont expect alot of people, but cool peeps like vist and redd will probably show for melee! XD

Aposl

Smash Ace
The front room should accommodate at least 30 people without being too hectic...

Aposl

Smash Ace
M probably will not happen, if you want to bring it for friendlies later in the day that's fine, we usually do a mid tier for brawl, so if you guys want to do M while mid - tier is going on, that's fine.

cmart

Smash Lord
Haha I didn't mean a side-tourny necessarily. If we have space for a set-up or two for friendlies that would be fine.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Lets get some hype for this!

also ol melee players, spread the hype if you can, as I will be doing as well!

oygp

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely interested in attending for brawl... singles, and maybe doubles.

more info on how to register?

Aposl

Smash Ace
Registration takes place at the venue about an hour before the tournament. Usually between 11 a.m. and 12

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I should be attending with the ATHF posse etc.

I'm excited for this one, want to see some stuff in july though and august for warmups for this

Laijin

Smash Hero
Xanadu hosting a melee tournament? wut?
I usually go there for marvel. Going today.
I plan on winning.

End of august gives me plenty of time to train.

I'll probably be here :cool:
VIST LETS TEAM?

Aposl

Smash Ace
woot, melee looking pretty good, this will be fun!

For Brawl I would at least like the PR to come, the entire 10 has not been together in the same place for ages, lol

Aposl

Smash Ace
awwwwwwwwwwww snap I hope its this one my man! we need a hype tournment in these parts! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom