• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up Discussion 17 - Peach

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Peach
Advantage/Disadvantage: -1

Used to be Toadstool?
A good arsenal for approaching and gimping.
How can she get through our carrots?

We need the following information:​

-STAGES-
"Best" starters for Oli:
"Worst" starters for Oli:
"Best" counterpicks for Oli:
"Worst" counterpicks for Oli:

Notable "move beats move" situations:

Opponent's primary tools:
How we can deal with opponent's primary tools:

Anything else:
(This section includes gimmicks, minor notes, and anything else that isn't covered)

Don't restrict conversation to just these points.
These are just guidelines to help discussion.
Discuss!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Reserving first post, will post more again soon.

Dnyce

Smash Master
run away while throwing pikmin the whole match
get purples somehow
fair sometimes
????
profit

ban SV, CP?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
**** Olimar!

This **** is like slightly in our advantage at best!
I'll elaborate later (maybe).

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Draco did a write-up a while back in the Impact Zone. I'll put it in the second post sometime soon.

One question for now. I know Illmatic specifically likes Brinstar.
Is that where normal Peach players will take us or is this player preference?

Dnyce

Smash Master
I like brinstar vs peach. The sticky **** on the side keeps her from throwing turnips of the ledge. One less gimp option + worse case scenario, we still have the lava... but that's like a LAST RESORT option, haha.

Cook

Smash Master
Olimar's n-air beats Peach's b-air, but I think you have to space it so that her *** is in Olimar's disjointed hitbox, but doesn't actually touch Olimar, if you follow that. But don't try to f-air if she has her *** to you. His n-air can also beat her n-air, but I'm not really sure how it works. Sometimes he wins, sometimes she wins, idk what the mechanics are, this game just doesn't always sense. :psycho:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Okay, I understand why SV would be a bad choice against her.
Are there any other starters that we should strike?

This is going to sound strange, but how are tilts (particularly Ftilt and Utilt) and Dash attack against her?
I know Peaches like to space Fair, so DA might be an option to screw up their spacing.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Okay, I understand why SV would be a bad choice against her.
Are there any other starters that we should strike?

This is going to sound strange, but how are tilts (particularly Ftilt and Utilt) and Dash attack against her?
I know Peaches like to space Fair, so DA might be an option to screw up their spacing.
Olimar's fair comes out twice as fast as peach's... and it has more range. Just fair her on reaction.

Nicole

Smash Champion
brinstar doesnt seem like anything special. i mean ban it if you dont like it. i just played fino there at the last touarnament i was at and it didnt seem to do much for me. i mean he cant really run that well on the stage cause the floor is stupid but its olimar, so not being able to move much makes no difference to him since all he wants to do is stand and throw pikmin. i guess those crafty running u-smashes might not be able to happen as often.

my opinoin on the mu ratio is that peach wins on paper. unfortunately, on paper means nothing. although i'm of the opinion that olimar only has one bad mu in practice (mk). it really depends on the player as to whether olimar will lose to them or not. a smart, patient, cool headed opponent will beat an olimar every time (if they are of comparable skill of course and aren't playing ganon or something). olimar nets his wins out of frustration in addition to the other traits he has, so while someone battles olimar they must also battle their own mental weakness. every character is like this to some extent, but olimar and ice climbers are the two that are significantly better and are shining examples of this phenomenon.

tl:dr - slight advantage peach, but it doesnt really matter.

Dnyce

Smash Master
olimar nets his wins out of frustration in addition to the other traits he has, so while someone battles olimar they must also battle their own mental weakness.
I was JUST thinking it was about time I changed my sig too :awesome:

Top Bottom