• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI June Results - June 18th, 2011 - Springfield, MO, USA

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
(I'll add links and characters later when I have time, this is just rushing to put up results; brackets are uploaded to AllIsBrawl but could take time to process)

Main tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304056
AllIsBrawl tournament page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12060
July (next) tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305772

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PathwaysSmash

Melee Doubles: (bracket)

1: Jace + dmac (Jace + dmac) ($78.00)
2: G. Vice + Spaceballs (G. Vice + Spaceballs) ($39.00)
3: Atma + Blitz (Atma + Blitz) ($13.00)
4: Geno + Sam (Geno + Sam) (Peach + Peach)
5: Yoshiman + Arby (Yoshiman + Arby)
5: Team Sinister (Sinister + Akuma)
7: InsertTag + Bert (InsertTag + Bert)
7: VTS + Saberguy (VTS + Saberguy)
9: Strong Bad + Saffy (Strong Bad + Saffy) (DK + DK)
9: Seif + Terral (Seif + Terral) (Doc + Pikachu)
9: Zantetsu + Zivilyn Bane (Zantetsu + Zivilyn Bane)
9: Terrence + Tempest (Terry + -Tempest-) (Shiek + Peach)
13: Red + Quote (Red + Quote)

Brawl Singles: (bracket)

1: Linkz (Zelda)
2: Ugvts (DK/Lucas/PT)
3: BZA (Wolf/G&W/Diddy)
4: Terry
5: Magic Magnum (Sonic)
5: ICE (ROB)
7: Kodie (Luigi)
7: Lost (Ike)
9: JeBuS (TL/Lucario)
9: -Tempest- (TL)

Melee Singles Pools: (bracket)

1: Atma
1: dmac
1: Jace (Falcon)
1: Sinister (Shiek)
5: G. Vice (Ganon)
5: Akuma (Samus?)
5: Geno
5: Spaceballs (Samus)
9: Saberguy
9: InsertTag (Peach)
9: Strong Bad (DK)
9: Zantetsu (Fox)
13: Zivilyn Bane (Marth)
13: VTS (ICs)
13: Seif (Doc)
13: Yoshiman (Falcon)
17: Terry (Shiek)
17: Blitz (Fox)
17: Arby
17: Quote
21: Sam
21: Bert (Falco)
21: YBMP
21: Red (Falco)
25: Terral (Pikachu)

Melee Singles: (bracket)

1: Atma ($75.00)
2: Spaceballs (Samus) ($37.50)
3: G. Vice (Ganon) ($12.50)
4: VTS
5: dmac
5: Jace (Falcon)
7: Sinister (Shiek)
7: Blitz (Fox)
9: Strong Bad (DK)
9: Saberguy
9: Geno
9: Akuma (Samus?)
13: Zantetsu (Fox)
13: Sam
13: Terry (Shiek)
13: Arby
17: Bert (Falco)
17: InsertTag (Peach)
17: Terral (Pikachu)
17: Red (Falco)
17: Yoshiman (Falcon)
17: Seif (Doc)
17: Zivilyn Bane (Marth)
17: Quote
25: YBMP

darkatma

Smash Hero
Shoutouts!

TO's Terral and Ziv for hosting
Springfield for being 3-4 hours away from everyone except columbia
Blitzbolt for champing the drive back through that storm, and putting in work for crew battles, and sucking in tournies.
STL for coming out and representing
Geno for almost beating Spaceballs in teams and singles with his pocket luigi!

Biggest letdown of the tourney: The corruption of the midwest wombo combo file

KS:
Jace: I feel like you're improving! Get that ICs matchup down, learn to play gayer lolll. And stop beating Blitzbolt. Fun seeing you again, lets play more next tourney.
Dmac: Sooo good but sooo bad (at tech skill). Still waiting on advice from you on how my boy blitz can improve his fox game. Close matches as always, and always fun seeing you.
Strongbad: Luls DK. Whooped on my tired *** fox pretty good
I forgot who the last dude was

CoMo:
Sinister: I wanna see you in winner's finals next time. Work on that spacing!
Akuma: Keep improving! Didn't play much against you but I can tell you're getting better too.
Bert: Sorry about your off day =[ Do you get tourney nerves?

Arkansas:
"Shogun": Fun games, had a blast. We should definitely play more! I loveeee your samus game, but expected you to beat me in grand finals lol
VTS: Solid ICs man, your hug needs some work! That hug i got at the end was weak =P
G. Vice: Great sets in tourney, I had a lot of fun playing you, and didn't know AR had other good players other than Spaceponies. I hope our matches were recorded from pools and singles and go up so we can both improve! Good luck with nursing school man.
Saber and others whose names I forget: GGs

Springfield:
Zivilyn: You have a solid marth and falco, even though I didn't want you to beat Blitz :p Good set in pools man, looks like you needa brush up a little spacing
Zantetsu: We didn't get to play
Other peeps, sorry I don't remember names and stuff, I was really tired this tourney loll

Missouri > Arkansas lol =] Crew battle determined that.
Final shoutouts to the tornado for keeping us in Springfield for an extra 2 hours!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm going to assume the payout looked like this:

Brawl Singles:

1: Linkz ($60)
2: Ugvts ($30)
3: BZA ($10)
5: Magic Magnum
5: ICE
7: Kodie
7: Lost
9: JeBuS
9: -Tempest-

How about character usage? I know the OP's gonna do it at some point, but if anyone wants to take some initiative, go right ahead.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet

Brawl Singles:

How about character usage? I know the OP's gonna do it at some point, but if anyone wants to take some initiative, go right ahead.
More like:

1: Linkz ($5)
2: Ugvts ($0)
3: BZA ($0)

There were troubles :c Next time someone will be specifically in charge of Brawl and it will be an actual tournament

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Oh, seriously? But... I allocate money based on how much each player should've received, so was the payout spread supposed to be 60-30-10? What about the entry fee?

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice

Brawl Singles:

LOL! If only that were true. Winning $60 in a 10 man tourney would be awesome, but as Ugvts said, I won $5.

I'll do the character usage for those I know:

1: Linkz (Zelda)
2: Ugvts (DK/Lucas/PT)
3: BZA (Wolf/G&W/Diddy Kong)
4: Terry (?)
5: Magic Magnum (Sonic)
5: ICE (ROB)
7: Kodie (Luigi)
7: Lost (Ike)
9: JeBuS (Toon Link/Lucario)
9: -Tempest- (Toon Link)

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Terry just went random the second time I fought him. I don't remember the first

Saffy

Smash Ace
Even though I didn't get to play , I had a really great time. I hope the cookies were alright.
Made me realize maybe I actually should convert over to melee....

Strong Bad - Dang it you are too sweet, thank you soo much for teaming with me in melee even though I am soo awful :3 Our Dk's looked soo cute together!! Stop being soo good :( Can't wait till you move ;3.

Bert /LinkMO - :) Hope you were feeling well. Really good job, you are incredible at this game, please do not give up or quit. Unless you feel it is the best choice for yourself. :] I hope we can hang out sometime when you are feeling up to it! And text me more if you would like!

Zivilyn Bane - Thanks for the great tournament :D, and I hope you liked the cookies lol. :o I will see you at MIST I believe :).

G Vice - I think you were the ganon player? I'm not entirely sure... But we only spoke a few words to each other. Great job n.n It was nice to meet you as well.

Everyone else for Melee: You guys seemed awesome, I'm really sorry I didn't get to talk or meet any of you :(. I hope I can maybe next time.

1: Linkz - Nice playing teams with you even though we were messing around. It feels like everyone was off their game on Saturday. Really sad I couldn't play you in singles again. I was soo looking forward to it honestly. Hope to see you at MIST? Or maybe Septembers Pathways.

2: Ugvts - REMEMBER NO GUM.

4: Terry - :p TOO GOOD, next time talk more. You are soo quiet and shy!

5: Magic Magnum - Why you soo good? You've improved ALOT since May.. I bet all those smashfests are paying off :D Hope we can hang out sometime.

9: -Tempest- - Work on that Zelda :D It's actually really good. also I had a blast teaming with you xD You made me laugh way too much. Hang out with me sometime D:

Shoutouts to that guy who used luigi in brawl. ;| You have my full respect.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
1: Linkz - Nice playing teams with you even though we were messing around. It feels like everyone was off their game on Saturday. Really sad I couldn't play you in singles again. I was soo looking forward to it honestly. Hope to see you at MIST? Or maybe Septembers Pathways.
Indeed. Fun stuff. And yeah, I was really looking forward to playing you in singles as well. I agree, I think lots of people were off on Saturday. I really was hurting during some matches. I managed to give it my all against David's Sonic at least. That was definitely the hardest (and my favorite) match of the evening. His Sonic is too good. And nah, I won't be at MIST. Melee's not my thing. I just play for lolz.

Linkz!!!! Keep holding it down!!! Yea!
Lol, thanks Ed.

Zelda is obviously the best character in MO ;)
Why you stalking me?

Jace08

Smash Lord
this tourney owned for sure. Special thanks to terral and ziv for making it happen!

Biggest letdown of the tourney: The corruption of the midwest wombo combo file
hmm yeah it kinda sucks but you know I think it's better this way because in all honesty I'm not mature enough to watch it on youtube and not feel prideful lol, and I don't want that

Shoutouts

darkatma-congrats on winning! spaceballs is no joke. I want to play you more in the future too

Spaceballs- Everybody loves your samus, and for good reason! So glad you decided to surprise us all and show

G. Vice- was great to meet you dude, you're really chill. How is your ganon so smooth lol I love it

VTS- good stuff, I suck ><

dmac- best bro & teammate ever

Sinister-wish we could have played more! Great job beating spaceballs in pools, all that akuma practice is clearly not in vain

Blitz- nice job ****** in that crew battle!

Strong Bad- I'm glad you came along with us, keep up that DK

Geno- wish I could have seen you vs spaceballs, love that clutch luigi

Akuma-ggs, keep up that samus and I guess fox now. sinister will have you ****** everyone in no time

Zantetsu- you're getting better for sure, keep it up dude

Arby- glad I got to meet you, you really surprised me when we played good stuff

LinkMO- don't worry about your set with dmac, he has a way of entering into his opponents mind sometimes and there's like nothing you can do, seriously it's happened to me before ><

Terral- you seemed to handle everything at this tourney really well, great job!

Yoshiman- ggs dude

Zivilyn Bane- good stuff making this event happen. I know it wasn't your best tourney performance, but it happens and I know you'll keep improving that marth

Quote- glad you came and I got the chance to know you a little better dude

YBMP- ggs in pools dude, look forward to seein ya at MIST!

sorry if I forgot anyone!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

VTS: The friendlies in the beginning of the day were really fun. The freeze glitch surprised me. You're the only IC player in our general area so it's always good to play some matches with you. Good job at the tournament, your placing surprised me. Those IC's are too good.

Strongbad: Our matches always come out super close in brackets and I seem to always lose them. You always keep me on the edge of my seat during matches and I end up focusing a lot. Next tournament, if we face again, you're not getting another victory :) - Also, great Falco pose.

Bert: Dude, I can't believe you even thought about quitting. You surprised the **** out of me during our bracket matches. They were very close matches, and if things were just very slightly different, the outcome could have easily made you victorious. Falco is really doing good for you, stick with him. I'm worried about facing you next time, haha.

Akuma & Sinister: I think we only got like, a few matches in. I'd like to have got more, but it's not too bad since Columbia shows up every month. We'll really have to play some more friendlies next time.

ihavespaceballs: Didn't even recognize you in the beginning. You looked a lot different from the last time I saw you at the first Event: 52 (but you probably don't recognize/remember me either). Anyway, it was an awesome surprise to have you there, especially since I just recently picked up Samus as my secondary. You've inspired my Samus more than Hugs or Phanna ever could and I hope to learn a lot from your Samus after I review the matches of the tournament when they're uploaded. Thanks for the spare match after our set. It'd be nice to get more friendlies with you next time, I'd like to see my progress. Good job during the tournament as well. I hope to see you at MIST.

Darkatma & Blitz: I was sad I didn't get to play you guys. Anytime I was ready to ask, you guys had just found someone else to play. Darkatma, i haven't played you since E52, which I remember playing you a LOT (friendlies are still up on YouTube, lol) but you improved drastically over me throughout the 3 years. Keep up the good work, and congrats for winning the tournament. Missouri Rep :)

Quote: You've improved a ton since we last played in May at E52:BFWH. You seem to get quite frustrated with yourself too much, though. You're doing a great job at progressing and if you put yourself out there some more and play some more friendlies, you'll see that you'll progress faster.

As for everyone else I played, I had a lot of fun playing each and every one of you. Years ago, when I first started competitive melee back in 2006, Springfield was empty of smashers. Never did I realize that we'd be able to pull together a community and a great one at that.
Thank you Michael, for your dedication to making the melee crew what it is today. No one but you would have been able to pull so many players to Springfield like you did today.
Thank you Terral and Robbie for directing these monthlies and hosting the venue. We wouldn't have had a place to play without you guys.
And thank you to everyone who showed up. It was really nice to see all that talent traveling into my own town for our monthly smashfest tournaments. It was very different then what I was used to. It didn't feel like another monthly, it felt like a legit regional tournament. At some points, I forgot I was still in Springfield. Fantastic tournament, everybody. Great job. I'll see some of you next month and the rest of you at MIST. Ggs.

Edit: Terral, the topic says "May results". You gotta watch that copy and paste ****, lol

Vts

Smash Champion
@ Atma- Good matches i need a lot of practice vs peach still it seems. Amazing sheik maybe i'll get it next time. Also man hug for you next time!

@ Spaceballs- hate you cus you always beat me in losers lol <3, glad you came and wish you could have bro'd out but see you next weekend.

@ G. Vice- the viceroy doing his dirty work, ready for devour 2.

@ VTS- you suck get better scrub

@ dmac- great games your ganon is very smart and was fun playing you, hope to see you soon again.

@ Jace- fun games first set was close idk what happened in losers. You had me shacking in my boots.

@ Sinister- you got better, attitude helped a lot! I bet next time you'll have me :)

@ Blitz- good pools matches guess you don't have much ICs practice.

@ Strong Bad- was fun friendlies wish

@ Saberguy- our team failed cus of me sorry i'll try harder next time.

@ Geno- hate you and your double peach team so dumb! >< ggs good to see you again.

@ Akuma- fun games, thanks for the advice i kind of stopped jabbing in bracket so it was on my mind, your advice got me 4th! :D

@ Zantetsu- fun friendlies hope to play more next time.

@ Terry- work on that sheik you had me scared first match!

@ Arby- pick up sheik again she's easy mode when other characters aren't working

@ LinkMO- good matches in pools was fun playing you :).

@ InsertTag- hate peach but close games

@ Terral- GG you beat me in pools! (not really just want to get the tournament moving), fun friendlies i'll give you 10 games next time i'm up there to make up not playing you.

@ Red- pick a character and focus, when you feel your not gaining anything switch or record and see where you can improve.

@ Yoshiman- thanks for staying awake while riding with me :)

@ Seif- Glad you came was super fun, wish you could have seen that amazing team combo.

@ Zivilyn Bane didn't get to play you really but was glad to see you, will get more matches next time ok :)

>Bert<

Smash Ace
1: Atma - Dude thank you for the tips that you gave me. For real. It was awesome to see you coming to this tournament. Glad you got first man.
2: Spaceballs ($37.50) - DAT SAMUS. Hope you were able to play our Samus from our crew quite a bit. He looks up to your's a lot for advice.
3: G. Vice ($12.50) - Never got to play you, but good **** on getting 3rd!
4: VTS - I need more Icies practice. I'll have to ask Lixi to play me a lot more just for these matches lol
5: dmac - Dude I sounded so, so dumb saying "dont sandbag against me" and then I ended up doing that bad. I fully accept that those matches should be uploaded. Its my own fault that I played that horribly. If the pools are uploaded (I hope they are since those were the only recorded matches I got), you'll see how much better I played against Insert Tag, Akuma, and Terrel.
5: Jace - I love watching your Falcon, it adapts so much.
7: Sinister - it will happen soon.
7: Blitz - glad you could make it man. Good seeing you, hopefully i'll be seeing you and the rest of the St. Louis guys soon.
9: Strong Bad - DK DA BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
9: Saberguy - man our set was sooooooooo close. Falco dittos next time for like 3 hrs straight. I need more Falco practice
9: Geno - didn't get to see/say much to you, but I'm super glad you made it out. Your Luigi is awesome lol
9: Akuma - hope you got a lot of advice from IHSP. I wanna see your Samus in the top 5 next time =)
13: Zantetsu - suchhhhhhhhhh close gamessssssssss
13: Sam - =) glad u could make it out but you seemed either shy or not wanting to talk to anyone lol
13: Terry - SHEIK GOT SO MUCH BETTER
13: Arby - good stuff
17: Bert - Scrub
17: InsertTag - it was awesome teaming with u man. we need to team more often
17: Terral - Pika is improving so fast!!
17: Red - Blue
17: Yoshiman - good games
17: Seif - good stuff
17: Zivilyn Bane - fun friendlies man and thank you times a million for hosting
17: Quote - good stuff man, thanks for coming out
25: YBMP - I didn't get to talk with you like at all lol

Saffyyyyyy: I wish you would have been feeling better. We didn't talk much, but I'm glad we were able to get some friendlies in. I really, really hope you end up switching to Melee soon. =)

Could someone post the YouTube channels everything will be uploaded to?
Sinister is uploading all of mine on his channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/xxxxxNormanSothxxxxx

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

1: Atma - Yay I finally got to play/meet you! Good games. Thanks again for not going Sheik against me on the recording setup.
2: Spaceballs - Best surprise of the tourney! They almost had me fooled, telling me you were the "other" Samus player in their crew. But I had met you before! So I knew ^_^
3: G. Vice - There's just something about Ganon players that make them cooler than everybody else. It was awesome playing you.
4: VTS - Yeah we didn't really get to play except for me vs your ganon. Oh well. We'll play again someday. I'm still just completely impressed that you beat Jace...twice!
5: dmac - Dude it's been a long time. I don't think we played though...did we? We'll have to play next time for sure.
5: Jace - Thanks for all the friendlies at the end of the night. GGs.
7: Sinister - As always, good to play/get ***** (by) you. I'm impressed with your wins over spaceballs. You were doing so good but just one tiny mistake vs VTS =/
7: Blitz - I know I didn't play the same Blitz that was in the crew battle, and I'm kind of happy. You would have ***** me.
9: Strong Bad - Well we got a couple of friendlies in. Your DK is awesome. Very impressed with how well you did vs Sinister.
9: Saberguy - GGs in pools. For a Marth, I could definitely be stronger vs Falco. But I'm a scrub so yeah.
9: Geno - I don't think we played =/ But it was fun going to get Pizza with you.
9: Akuma - We only got a couple of games in. I've learned some new tricks vs Samus that I'm saving the our next tourney match :)
13: Zantetsu - Roman you are way too good. You have a thousand times more potential than I do at this game and you are getting better every week. It's going to be awesome once you start consistently 3 stocking me.
13: Sam - Good games in pools. Sorry you were so tired =/ Fun getting pizza with you. Make sure Saint Louis gets that tournament going! Give us two months advance notice and we'll be there.
13: Terry - My Sheik BROTHA! I'm so happy with your improvement. You quickly solidified yourself as a top player in Springfield. You too will be 2-3 stocking me every match soon.
13: Arby - Good games dude! I was in a bad situation when we played (because I'm an idiot). See, subconsciously I underestimated you. I had watch you play Blitz in the crew battle and get beat. Then I beat Blitz in brackets. So for some ******** reason I just thought I would beat you. Then I lost =/ Good games though you are definitely a good player. I hope to play you again.
17: Bert - We got a couple of friendlies in and from what I saw, you got a lot better. Next Pathways we can play a lot more :)
17: InsertTag - Kellen! Good games, was nice to play you again. Your Marth is pretty good and can keep up with my fox so that's good. We'll have to play again.
17: Terral - Didn't get to play you AGAIN! I usually try to avoid Springfield guys though at our tournies so I can play more ppl, but I should make a special point to play you since we don't get to play otherwise.
17: Red - Was fun hangin with you. We'll play sometime soon.
17: Yoshiman - Nice to play you like the two matches we got =/ But you and Arby beat us in teams so GGs
17: Seif - Nice Doc! I have a pretty decent Doc too so we'll have to share Doc secrets next time :)
17: Quote - Didn't get to play you but you seemed cool.
25: YBMP - Jake, we'll play soon. I'll text ya ^_^

1: Linkz - Chris! You're such a beast. Didn't get to play you but it looks like you're staying in Springfield so that makes me happy.
2: Ugvts - Robbie, I need my time travel machine back. I left my Dodge Viper somewhere in the 1800s and I need it back. Plus, it was only a loan. So eat some cheerios and then paint cowboy dragons. asd;lkjasdlfkj. Ok?
3: BZA - Blake...didn't get to play you again. You're pretty decent at Melee too so maybe some day?
5: Magic Magnum - David, I shouldn't have let you pitch in for Geno's food because you also traveled for the tourney. So I owe you $2.
5: ICE - Only saw you once, lol.
7: Kodie - Same.
7: Lost - Not quite sure who you are, and you'll probably never read this so it's ok.
9: JeBuS - Sup dude.
9: -Tempest- - Nathan. You're my favorite smasher ever. So next time play in singles. And it doesn't matter if Terral puts you in or not. Just do it.

Saffy - I couldn't forget you! Those cookies kept me going when I was starving yet too busy to go get food, so thank you for that. Also like I said before, it's always nice to have a cute girl running around at a smash tourney. Hope to see you again soon!

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Okay... so... I'm just giving $5 to Zelda, and that's it...?
Huh? What do you mean?

1: Linkz - Chris! You're such a beast. Didn't get to play you but it looks like you're staying in Springfield so that makes me happy.
Thanks. Lol.
And yeah, I'll be around for now. I may be moving to Springfield once I start college, so I'll be available much easier.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Robbie, I need my time travel machine back. I left my Dodge Viper somewhere in the 1800s and I need it back. Plus, it was only a loan. So eat some cheerios and then paint cowboy dragons. asd;lkjasdlfkj. Ok?
?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Arby - Good games dude! I was in a bad situation when we played (because I'm an idiot). See, subconsciously I underestimated you. I had watch you play Blitz in the crew battle and get beat. Then I beat Blitz in brackets. So for some ******** reason I just thought I would beat you. Then I lost =/ Good games though you are definitely a good player. I hope to play you again.
It was all an elaborate mindgame :lick:

Videos will be up after the crew battle finishes rendering
http://www.youtube.com/user/arbustoardiente

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
1: Atma - I didn't get to play you, but awesome job getting first with such an insane amount of skill present.
2: Spaceballs - We talked about Minecraft, so you must be awesome. I'm disappointed I wasn't able to get any matches in, though.
3: G. Vice - Your Ganon is too good. I wish we could have had more friendlies.
4: VTS - We didn't play a single game. You should have just gone ahead and 2-0ed me in pools. I wonder if that'll count toward my rapidly-plummeting ELO ranking.
5: dmac - Thanks for the help, if I'm remembering correctly who you are. I don't recall if I played you or not, but I believe you wrecked me in pools.
5: Jace - Glad you could make it, but disappointed we didn't get any matches in this time.
7: Sinister - Always good to see the Columbia crew back, but we didn't play any matches. I hope you guys make it back next month so we get a chance to.
7: Blitz - I took three stocks off of you, right? I don't remember if one of those was an SD or not, but I'm still proud of it. Awesome job in the crew battle, it was like watching 300.
9: Strong Bad - I was really wanting to play that DK, it really disappoints me that the one game we played was after everyone was burnt out.
9: Saberguy - I feel like I've typed this a million times by now, but we didn't get any games in. Glad your crew made it, though.
9: Geno - I hardly even talked to you, and I'm not sure who you main, but I'm pretty sure I played your team in doubles. Good stuff with that double Peach.
9: Akuma - Glad we were able to play in pools, I was surprised that we went as evenly as we did. It was a lot of fun, and the sellout match was great. Stick with that Samus, but I'll forgive you if you alt Fox.
13: Zantetsu - I've heard stories of a man rising up from Springfield who's going to take the world by storm, but I don't think I've played a single game against you for months. We need to fix that.
13: Sam - Good stuff with that double Peach team, but I didn't get to play you outside of the doubles bracket.
13: Terry - We need to get some matches in. I seem to have been surpassed.
13: Arby - I'm actually not sure who you were. I hope you make it back sometime so I can find out and get some matches in.
17: Bert - Good Falco and good matches. Always fun, hope to see you back next month or at MIST.
17: InsertTag - That Peach. Thanks a lot for the advice, Peach has always been the matchup I'm most afraid of as Pikachu, hopefully with enough practice I'll be able to feel more comfortable with it.
17: Terral - You should feel ashamed of yourself.
17: Red - You're MOTaj and I'm MOAxe. It's destiny.
17: Yoshiman - Always fun getting in matches with you, though I wish there was more time so that we could have gotten in some sets mid-day.
17: Seif - It was fun teaming with you, though we could have used some warmup before the tournament. I felt like we were tripping over each other quite a lot, but it seemed we were really starting to get stuff together that second set. I'm sure we would have done much better had we practiced a bit. When you make it back we need to get some friendlies in.
17: Zivilyn Bane - No. Matches. I haven't played a single match against you in months. I have a reduced schedule this week and the week after next, so we need to work out a time when we can Smash some Bros.
17: Quote - I enjoyed our friendlies, we seem to be very dead-even in skill. I hope you make it back, though you'll probably have surpassed me and I'll get four-stocked.
25: YBMP - Pikachu! Aside from that, good set and hopefully we get more matches in sometime.

1: Linkz - I'm very glad you're not forsaking us. Our Brawl crew needs a hero.
2: Ugvts - GRAAAAAAAAH
3: BZA - It's too bad you didn't play in Melee, you had a pretty solid Fox last time we played and you were improving ridiculously fast.
5: Magic Magnum - I'm sorry we didn't get a for-reals Brawl bracket, this tournament was very hectic for me and there were 25 Melee players. I guarantee we'll have Brawl next month, especially considering that most of the Melee group won't be here. You should try to bring some St. Louis Brawlers down here, I wasn't able to get them interested.
5: ICE - You need to play more Melee, too. Jiggs be beastin'.
7: Kodie - We'll have a real SSF4 bracket next time for you and Lost.
7: Lost - Keep repping that Ike and Ibuki. I'm never playing SSF4 again, but good luck with that.
9: JeBuS - Glad you made it.
9: -Tempest- - No Melee? I didn't get a story from you as to why. I didn't even notice somehow.. did I even talk to you at the tournament? I hardly remember even seeing you there.

Saffy - Glad you could make it and I hope you somehow manage to show up more. I really apologize that there was so little Brawl, I would have been able to get things done much easier had I not wanted to do a buy-in. There was just too much going on. You should try to work on being able to stay later if at all possible. Also, thanks for the cookies.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Okay... so... I'm just giving $5 to Zelda, and that's it...?
The Brawl singles event was unofficial (free) and just thrown together really quickly by the Brawl group. The most we've had at one of these tournaments was 23, and since we had 36 plus two buy-in Melee tournaments with 25/26 players plus having to pool together money to pay for pizza, I was having trouble organizing Brawl on top of everything else. We were intending to do a buy-in Brawl singles bracket and a Brawl doubles bracket, but it fell apart. The experience should help me ensure that this doesn't happen again, though, and if needed I'll have someone helping to organize the Brawl side in the future. The $5 Linkz won was a donation from Ugvts.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Dude, Terral, I really need to play you. I just get caught up with all these traveling players but I need to realize that I see them just as often as I see you (which isn't that much). We will definitely play like, 10+ matches next time we meet. That Pikachu is looking pretty mean :)

Trillion

Smash Ace
@ Saffy - Thank you! You've gotten better too! I really enjoyed both our singles and our doubles matches. Hopefully, we'll be able to get together again before September. Or maybe you can convince your parents to let you go to Natsucon, I can drive!

@ Zivilyn Bane - Hey, Michael, it's really no big deal. You shouldn't have had to pay for him either. Everyone who jumped in and ate it all should have just made sure that everyone who did contribute got theirs first. Thanks for the 1v1 in melee. It's been so long since I played, but it was fun!

@ Terral - I'll see if I can get any of the other St. Louis players to come along next time. My brother Jort and my friend Lutz were both going to come, but prior obligations prevented them.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
The results were only just processed today, and I've been pretty busy since the tournament with other things. I'll fix the thread and make the new things for next month now that I have time.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Isn't Arkansas going to Genesis? I know some group that I was talking to there is going, and I'm pretty sure it was Arkansas. That's about half of the people who showed up.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I didn't know ALL of Arkansas was going to Genesis. The only people I remember who said they were going was Strongbad (only one from KC) and Darkatma. So if only 1 person from KC and 1 person from St. Louis is going, I guess that "group" would have to be Arkansas.

Anyway, anyone who showed up last Saturday, who isn't going to Genesis, must show in July. Just sayin'

dmac

Smash Champion
1: Atma - very fun matches, i made some silly mistakes that cost me the match haha. can't wait to hang out again
2: Spaceballs (Samus) - 0-6. next time.... i got you. you surprised the happiness in mah body when i saw you here though, good ****
3: G. Vice (Ganon) - our friendlies were probably the most fun i had in the tourney! just a little story for everyone that wasn't there. super late on in the night gvice asked if we wanna do a falco ditto. we agree and we're playing for a good minute and a half, just ... doing whatever falcos do. we're at 150% and i just look at gvice and ask "do you wanna quit this and go back to ganon dittos? " "no question this is boring lol". ^5
4: VTS- i barely got to see you fight jace at all, good **** on beating him up he needs the lessons
5: dmac - how do i haz tech skill?
5: Jace (Falcon) - one of these tournies.... you're gonna kill everyone. awesome job on teams praise be to allah
7: Sinister (Shiek) - dont get so down on yourself, we can work a lot of **** out!
7: Blitz (Fox) - i think i got lucky in poools, for some reason i felt that just blitz countered dmac, i can't explain it any better lol. you rocked me in friendlies. super fun!
9: Strong Bad (DK) - big pimpin spendin cheese
9: Saberguy - good matches i was super scaried that 2nd match on yoshis
9: Geno - i completely dodged playing you entirely..... :(
9: Akuma (Samus?) - honestly i completely slept on you and proably should have lost the set. you played great!
13: Zantetsu (Fox) - fun friendlies :
13: Sam - good seeing you again :D
13: Terry (Shiek)
13: Arby
17: Bert (Falco) - dont know what to say, just dont want you discourage you and you let me know what to do, and i'll work with you on any matches you want
17: InsertTag (Peach) whats up ex-dove, wish i brought a second stick :(
17: Terral (Pikachu) - surprised me with your pikachu! it was pretty solid
17: Red (Falco)
17: Yoshiman (Falcon) fun friendlies :
17: Seif (Doc) - good matches
17: Zivilyn Bane (Marth) - great tornament, great experience
17: Quote - feel better for tournies next time. we gotta do some stuff to get you to learn these stupid fighting games better!
25: YBMP

thanks to saffy for koookies! fun tournament, would come again. less tornadoes next time plz

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^i died.

great tourney, 3rd round winner's bracket looks really stacked. there were several good players there so placings past like 5th are very inaccurate. I'll do shoutouts tomorrow or something.

Top Bottom