• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest NET Warz $200.00 Pot Bonus. SSBM & SSBB

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
Where
*****UPDATE EVENT VENUE CHANGED*****

NEW LOCATION
Black On Burlington
1327 Burlington Street
North Kansas City, Missouri 64116

Website
-www.midwestnetwarz.com
-www.elitekcgamers.com
-Facebook.com/kcgamers

When & What
Saturday, August 13th
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (Teams) @ 1pm
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (Singles) @ 6:30pm
- Super Smash Bros Melee @ 10am
- Super Smash 64 - Depends on the registration

Entry Fees
- Gaming Last all day
- 20.00 Pre Registration - 30.00 Late Registration
- 10.00 Discount Code.. SSB

Prize Pot Bonus
- 200.00 for Melee
- 200.00 for Brawl
- n64 tbd

Tournament Pot Fee-
- $10 per person for Singles and Doubles

Pot Split
The rest of the pot will be split as follows:
- 1st - 60%
- 2nd - 30%
- 3rd - 10%

Rules
Brawl:

General Gameplay Rules

3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles

Team Attack set to "On"
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List

Starters Counterpicks
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battlefield Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege Brinstar
Final Destination Delfino Plaza
Smashville Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1 Rainbow Cruise

Conduct Rules

BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Regarding textures and other game hacks:
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistents, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Users can discuss this ruleset in the thread provided here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301033

Unity Ruleset Infraction System

Players found in contempt of rules within the Unity Ruleset are subject to the Infraction System. This is a system where players can receive either a Yellow Card or a Red Card in a certain category by the members of the BBR-RC based on evidence and discussion.

Cards

Yellow Cards are given for lesser offenses, or as warnings for larger ones. Players with a Yellow Card are under extra watch by tournament hosts for later offenses. If a player receives a Yellow Card in a category they already have an active one in, they will be given a Red Card for that category.

Red Cards are given for larger offenses, or by accumulating two active Yellow Cards in a single category. If a player has an active Red Card, they are unable to participate in any events hosted at a tournament using the Unity Ruleset.

Cards given to players will have a set expiration date determined on a case-by-case basis by the BBR-RC. Yellow Cards will typically carry longer active periods as a warning lasting approximately between one and twelve months. Red Cards typically carry lesser active periods lasting approximately between two and eight weeks, acting as a tournament ban. Expiration dates may be set differently depending on the severity of the infraction and repeated occurrence of them.

Cards are assigned a category when distributed based on the rule that was broken. Red Cards gained by accumulating two or more Yellow Cards only happens if the Yellow Cards are obtained in the same category. Categories also help represent the severity of a sentence, as some categories are more important than others. Categories will be decided on when the infraction is given by the BBR-RC. Some examples of categories (but not all of them) are listed below.

Categories

Bracket Manipulation: This category is for any offense that pertains to players modifying the outcome of a bracket based on factors such as (but not limited to) Prize Splitting, Intentional Forfeiting, Intentional Under-performance, and Outside Deals. This category may bring additional punishment immediately at the tournament by the Tournament Organizer such as being disqualified from the event or having your winnings forfeited to other placing players at the event.

Tournament Conduct: This category is for any offense that pertains to players acting out of line at tournaments. This includes factors such as (but not limited to) Fighting, Disruption, Theft, and Destruction of Property. This category may bring additional punishment immediately at the tournament by the Tournament Organizer such as being ejected from the venue.

Distribution and Operation of Cards

Everyone may view the status of all distributed cards including their category, expiration date, and assigned player in the following post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....08&postcount=4
Cards will be assigned by the BBR-RC as a whole after discussion following the event in question. Cards may be assigned at any time.
Cards do not have to be tied to a specific action at a specific event.
Anyone is able to contact any member of the BBR-RC to suggest the distribution of a card, as well as provide evidence that may aid in the decision of the distribution.
The BBR-RC may assign cards to players based on events not using the Unity Ruleset.
All events using the Unity Ruleset must abide by the player blacklist formed by the Infraction System.
Any host not using the Unity Ruleset in its entirety is still welcome to use the player blacklist if they choose.
Any player who receives a card is more than welcome to contact any member of the BBR-RC with a counter argument for why they should have not received a certain card.

Jace08

Smash Lord
lol woah where did this come from? Looks pretty awesome except the 20$ preregistration. hmm if there are new people interested in melee/64 though I definitely want to meet them

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
The goal is to get as many people who like to game there as we can get. The 20.00 pre registration is for hall rental and supplies. Plus to add more things to the events, We utilize projectors and screens, TV's and monitors. in addition we also us it to buy, give a ways at the event. That is what the pre registration goes for.

Where did we come from, well I started a gaming site and realized that there was a big gap between Gaming and tournaments here in the Midwest. So I wanted to brings something that everyone can enjoy. So parents can come down and see the type of people that kids play with cause this virtual world of online we have; they did not grow up with.

Also this is going to only be a Quarterly event... So this one will be the "Big One" we hope...

I am going to start off by putting

- 100.00 in the pot for singles
- 100.00 doubles for brawl
- 100.00 for melee ***
- 100.00 for the 64 and ***

*** Now for melee and 64 we need to have more then 15 people per bracket for me to put 100.00 for each of them...

any help you can provide on getting the word out would be great...

Thanks

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol woah where did this come from? Looks pretty awesome except the 20$ preregistration. hmm if there are new people interested in melee/64 though I definitely want to meet them
Exactly what Jace said, I don't think I could have said it any better. 60-70 dollars to enter every event (and maybe more if there's doubles in melee/64).

This is, however, 3 hours from me, so if I have like a spare 60 dollars I'll be here.

Massive

Smash Champion
Preregistration fees are nearly nonexistent in the world of smash, you aren't going to get many (probably any) takers.
People would pay a $20 venue fee for an awesome venue, but that's usually at the door stuff.

Also, Why didn't you contact the KC crew prior to posting this?

Edit: You will very likely not get 15 entrants for 64, it is usually best to put it as a side tournament. Depending on how legit this is, you will very likely get more melee entrants than brawl.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I'm just confused why the people who are generally involved with smash in the region are so unaware of this. Is there local support?

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
I have been all over the boards for SSB and it seemed like there was more Brawl members then Melee...

I know Pre registration is not something people normally see in SSB realm, But to help this event grow and turn into a Large Competition then we need to have an idea on how many people we will have... plus it helps to bring in sponsors cause it makes them feel more comfortable knowing that X amount of people will be there....

As if this is legit.... or not...

The only thing I can say is that if you go to our site you will see pictures of past events.. even KMBC channel 9 came to our event. This is not something I take lightly.... I can offer a special to all members if that will help.... For each Crew that comes that is over 10 I can offer a discount or event shirt. Just a thought... Its just the Pre Registration really helps the Front office figure out how many people... and for Promotions....and Sponsors

KC Crew... I have sent some PM to people and have not received a reply.

We have our Winter event planned in conjunction with KC Game Fair. At the KCI EXPO center for November... I have not received the date as to what it will be... We will from now on hold SSB at our events... and the more Sponsors we get " with people Pre Registering" the larger the Pot will be...

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
I Pm'd wrong forum.... Im working on both forums.... allisbrawl and this one... and I pm'd a few from MIST which I am now finding out they are not part of KC Crew...

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
This is what the event will put into the pot ... the more people that come the bigger the pot... I look at it like Poker... I am putting in the ante and now we need you all to bet....

THuGz

Smash Lord
If there is a 400 dollar bonus to the pot that should be put in the title. And also unity ruleset. Although, this could all be done the most efficient way if a knowledgeable player in the area was contacted in order to figure out how smash tournaments are run the best.

/2 cents

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If there is a 400 dollar bonus to the pot that should be put in the title. And also unity ruleset. Although, this could all be done the most efficient way if a knowledgeable player in the area was contacted in order to figure out how smash tournaments are run the best.

/2 cents
I would be willing to TO and advertise for this event if it helped get some of the $20 knocked off my entry. Not all of it, just some.

The last tournament I went to that had a $20 venue fee ended up taking the pot to pay for the venue fee because of lack of attendance.

The tournament however, was legit as hell up until that point lol

dmac

Smash Champion
from a logical perspective: how do you have marvel vs capcom3 and mortal kombat(and smashbros lol), but not street fighter?

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
I know... I am going to update it... I will also adding Tekken.... We have been so focused on FPS to build up our gaming event... I realized that I was isolating so many great gamers... at our spring event we noticed that there was a lot of people playing the Mortal Kombat "Light Bulb".... no I just was not ready to accommodate the fighters... now I am and lets knock it out of the park "sports"

Game On

Massive

Smash Champion
Here's a decent question, is the registration fee paid at the door?

Also, is this venue attached to the bowling alley in NKC?
I live about 2 miles from there.

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
You can pay at the door, we offer a discount if you pre register. we would like to see people pre register, reason being it helps us with sponsors and to know how many people will be there.

Yes it is attached to them. They have a great facility and with the outside things they have there really makes it a great location.

Massive

Smash Champion
OK cool.

Can I recommend you change it in your description to a "$30 venue fee with a $10 discount for preregistration" then?
That would be more inline with our terminology, I think more than a few people were confused by the description.

Also, Do you have a web form somewhere for registration?

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
OK cool.

Can I recommend you change it in your description to a "$30 venue fee with a $10 discount for preregistration" then?
That would be more inline with our terminology, I think more than a few people were confused by the description.

Also, Do you have a web form somewhere for registration?
Yes, www.midwestnetwarz.com
Also it should be in the tournament info. Plus in the signature. If you are not seeing this please let me know.

Massive

Smash Champion
Your registration form doesn't work at all man, there's no listing for anything.

It just POSTs the data every time you make a dropdown selection and reloads the page.

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
I just looked at it what happens it does not load in a new menu it loads in the same one. Scroll down and you will see the new menu selections, also I am working on fixing the issue, right now it does not show the event on that link... You have to register to see it.... We are working on the issue... Thanks

Also what web program are you using.
I have tested it on ie7, firefox, and safari...

Massive

Smash Champion
Submitted registration about 20 minutes ago, username Massive.
Have yet to receive a confirmation email.

I'm on Firefox 5, but I have easy access to IE7/8 and Chrome.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Who did you PM from MIST? Cause I'm running that.

Also this is on my birthday so I will not be in attendance. No johns though. I was at OC2 and also MLG Vegas/Evo 2k5 on my birthday so it's not like I have a problem going to tournies on my birthday. Just that now I have a family so it's not as easy lol.

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
I wish there was an easier way to get more people to pre register. the cost is 20.00 just as long as you pre register by july 31... The intensive to pre register.

We are all so offering a discount for MCC- Missouri Community College ID. We work directly with MCC schools to offer Students something to do....

Massive

Smash Champion
Judging from how registration on the site went, that's probably your sticking point.
I'd say removing the payment requirement would probably make it a bit easier.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Just wondering, where were you going before?
Oh, I've traveled to most of the states for smash before... but for stuff close by I would say Lincoln, Nebraska; Wichita, Kansas; Des Moines, Iowa and St Charles, Missouri area? haha

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
Judging from how registration on the site went, that's probably your sticking point.
I'd say removing the payment requirement would probably make it a bit easier.
I have a test registration for below the Midwest Net Warz and I have successfully registered 2 different accounts. I have also made it public for people to see the event... and then not request registration... I hope this works for everyone...

Massive

Smash Champion
Again, I highly doubt you will get (likely any) preregistrations for this, people do not like to pay money until they are at the event.

If preregistration would simply confer the discount by a list at the door, people would be happy to sign up and you would have your (rough) estimate of the amount of people who are likely to attend.

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
Again, I highly doubt you will get (likely any) preregistrations for this, people do not like to pay money until they are at the event.

If preregistration would simply confer the discount by a list at the door, people would be happy to sign up and you would have your (rough) estimate of the amount of people who are likely to attend.
Massive, your killing me here... Just a FYI we had 80 people Pre Register for our spring event... with 30 people show up at the door..... I understand this is new for a lot of people and that this is a new event for this area.... It works...

Massive

Smash Champion
Massive, your killing me here... Just a FYI we had 80 people Pre Register for our spring event... with 30 people show up at the door..... I understand this is new for a lot of people and that this is a new event for this area.... It works...
I'm just trying to help you out dude. I've been around this scene for long enough to understand which tourney promotion tactics will work and which won't.

The prepayed fees has historically failed almost every time it's been attempted in our community (and it has, trust me), you're working against the grain here.

Seriously, I'm only trying to point you in a succesful direction.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
The problem with preregistration is that most smash players don't decide that they're going to a tourney until the week of. And I mean like thursday/friday night. Trust me, I know that sucks. But we're a bunch of slackers. It drives me nuts too after playing years of competitive chess where EVERYTHING requires preregistration and prepay and months of preparation. But then again, that's just another reason why Chess is played by a large percentage of the earths population and Melee is considered a childs game.

Top Bottom