• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase X-2 - July 2 - FX Game Exchange - MK Banned Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase X-2 - Theme Teams!!​

July 2nd, 2011

Tentative Schedule & Fees

Registration for each event will end promptly 5 min before the event starts.
10:00 AM - Doors open / Setup / MMs
12:00 PM - Brawl Theme Teams begin
1:30 PM - Brawl Singles begin
8:30 PM - Shut down TVs/Wiis and start cleaning up (i need help from you guys here)
9:00 PM - Store closes

Venue Fee - $3 per person - FREE if you bring a full setup (TV + Wii)
Brawl Singles - $10 per person - NO REFUNDS
Brawl Theme Teams - $5 per person - NO REFUNDS

Venue

FX Game Exchange - Google Maps
3000 Custer Rd, Plano TX, 75075

Contact: UTDZac (361-676-2223 or AIM: shadowgripper) or Store Owner "Trey" (972-212-4233)

Links

Twitter: http://twitter.com/phase_tourneys
FX Game Exchange: http://www.fxvideogameexchange.com

Rules

• All Phase tournaments adhere to the Unity Ruleset.
  • Meta Knight is banned in all events.
  • Absolutely NO CUSSING in the store, or the store owner can throw you out.
  • Even though this tournament uses the unity ruleset, if people wish to play on Pictochat (since it's normally legal in TX tournaments) you are welcome to.

Theme Teams
This is a Brawl Doubles event with one special rule: Teams must be composed of characters that are part of the same Nintendo series (ie. Mario and Yoshi, DK and Diddy). You cannot use double character teams (ie. Wario & Wario).
  • Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario
  • Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
  • Zelda Series: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link
  • Metroid Series: Samus, Zero Suit Samus
  • Kirby Series: Kirby, King Dedede
  • Starfox Series: Fox, Falco, Wolf
  • Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff
  • Fire Emblem Series: Marth, Ike
  • Earthbound Series: Ness, Lucas
  • Old School Series: G&W, ROB
  • Old School Series 2: Pit, Ice Climbers
  • Manly Series: Snake, Captain Falcon, Solimar (no pikmin)
  • Olympic Series: Mario & Sonic

Payout Percentages

Singles:
1-19 = 80 / 20
20 - 39 = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles (# of Teams):
1-9 = 80 / 20
10 - 19 = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Housing
If you need housing, please contact one of these locals. If you can house people, let me know and I'll add you to the list.
  • Dphat 214-536-1403
  • UTDZac 361-676-2223
  • Ice 214-518-5886
  • Brett (Denton) 214-729-1880

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If Illmatic comes, I'm basically guaranteed to win teams with him rofl.

Also, what about G&W? He's part of his own series... does that mean you would have to do a double G&W team or can you throw him on any team or is he banned or what?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Do metaknight banned events count towards the PR? Themed teams is like the best idea ever. Do ditto teams all count as theme teams? (ie, Double Samus, Double Falcon etc)

Also, Metroid should be a series as it contains Samus AND Zero Suit Samus. :p

Neon!

Smash Lord
"HOLY SHIII teams looks fun as hell. Infinity, diddy & DK team?"

I am insulted, dont know if i can go yet though lol

Tesh

Smash Hero
At first I was like "kirby series gonna be the best", then I remembered....

its gotta be pokemon, starfox or dk.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Also wait, zac, are teams character's set in stone? Or can people counterpick themes? And can people be the same charcter in a theme?
Not set in stone. You can counterpick teams (part of the fun). Cannot use double characters.

Could double snake be allowed?
No.

Also, what about G&W? He's part of his own series... does that mean you would have to do a double G&W team or can you throw him on any team or is he banned or what?
Added G&W & ROB as a team cause that somewhat makes sense.

Do metaknight banned events count towards the PR? Themed teams is like the best idea ever. Do ditto teams all count as theme teams? (ie, Double Samus, Double Falcon etc)

Also, Metroid should be a series as it contains Samus AND Zero Suit Samus. :p
Yes this will count for the PR, or at least it should. I can't imagine people having a problem with it. I know there are issues but this seems reasonable. If you play MK and you think you'll do bad without him, just don't show up and your ELO won't change.

No ditto teams.

Added:

Metroid Series: Samus & Zero Suit Samus
Old School Series: G&W & ROB
Manly Series: Snake & Captain Falcon

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What's this, Zac hosting again?!

Love the themes teams idea.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Olimar should go with Ness, Lucas, and Jigglypuff. Team ****ers with big heads and small bodies.

Also if I can get Rave to drive us to this we'll be there. Batou and Slaps we should Ike/Falcon team dittos.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I'm sure there will probably be nobody else that will use Zelda characters there. :(

In other news, having MK banned will be interesting... what will Dphat, D4Ba, and Infinity do now? Not show up or choose another character? We shall find out...

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'm sure there will probably be nobody else that will use Zelda characters there. :(

In other news, having MK banned will be interesting... what will Dphat, D4Ba, and Infinity do now? Not show up or choose another character? We shall find out...
My choice is pretty obvious, IMO.

Also - I'm requesting that I be put in Zac's half of the bracket. I have something I want to try :D

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pit really does belong with team Old School. Really. Don't be afraid of bucket strategies. They're hard enough to pull off anyway.

FIX IT NOW! :mad:

Tesh

Smash Hero
ROB could do that bucket junk better than pit anyway.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
ROB could do that bucket junk better than pit anyway.
That's right. Keep thinking that.

Seriously though. You include 35 characters in the line up and you leave out Pit and MetaKnight? That's not right.

Put in Pit in Old School. And you can even put MK in his own category so that to play him, you have to play by yourself against a team of 2. Wouldn't that be funny. Seriously though. You can't cut out my main. Teams is the only reason I was going to come out to this event!

Tesh

Smash Hero
You telling me pits arrows uncharged are stronger than rob's laser in the bucket? Not to mention rob's laser is just more practical because it goes full screen so you don't need to weave arrows around people to try to land them in the bucket.

ROB's is better because people can't "get in the way" which is a big deal imo.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
You telling me pits arrows uncharged are stronger than rob's laser in the bucket? Not to mention rob's laser is just more practical because it goes full screen so you don't need to weave arrows around people to try to land them in the bucket.

:bee: I can't wait to see your face. Keep thinking that.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

A fully charged laser will take you at least 10 seconds...by the time he's done with one laser, Kirbykid and his partner are gonna have a least two buckets to your one laser.

Don't even worry about the getting in the way, if your smart enough Pit's gonna be unloading the bucket real fast. His camp game is better than Rob's.....and I use rob in teams, I know this is a better assumption.

Oh jesus christ I had a revelation O.O What if you can absorb Metaknight's tornado with the bucket...that would be bullfu*ck*ing crap LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom