• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HellaSmashed V

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
HellaSmashed V

Smash Halifax's First National Tournament!​

Hosted by: Nysyarc, Raziek, KMAG, Croi, Kakashi Of The Sharingan

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Details ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Venue / Housing:

6136 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Dalhousie University Student Union Building, Room 303

For very cheap accomodations on-site check these links. Claim a room a.s.a.p though, can never be sure when there won't be any left!

Alternative housing options include a few very nice hostels close to the venue, simply take this link and search "Halifax Nova Scotia" for more info. If you have any questions, you can email them or one of our TOs Kailin Glasgow at Kailin_glasgow@hotmail.com.

Entry Fee / Payouts:

Venue Fee: $5
Brawl Singles Entry: $10
Brawl Doubles Entry: $10 each ($20 per team)
Melee Singles Entry: $10

Note: Payouts subject to minor changes depending on projected attendance.

Brawl Singles Payouts:

1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%
5th - Entry fee returned.

Brawl Doubles Payouts:

1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 20%

Melee Singles Payouts:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Schedule:

This timetable is subject to minor changes, except the start and end times.

Saturday, August 20th

11:00 am - Venue opens, sign-ups/friendlies
12:00 pm - Brawl Singles Pools
2:00 pm - Brawl Doubles
5:00 pm - Food break
5:30 pm - Brawl Singles Bracket & Melee Singles
10:00 pm - Closing time

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Ruleset ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Brawl Ruleset:

[collapse="Brawl Ruleset"]General Rules

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets are best 2 of 3 matches. Bracket Finals and Grand Finals are Best 3 of 5.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In teams, each players stock/percent is added together.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously (Causing Sudden Death. If you Dedede/Ganoncide and you LOSE, that is the result. Be aware of the risk.), there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by ONE ROUND of Rock-Paper-Scissors. In teams, controller ports shall be used in a 1221 fashion.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%. IDC IS ALSO BANNED.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players. (Dave's Stupid Rule)

Set Format

1. Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match, DOUBLE BLIND PICKS OPTIONAL.

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. The stage striking order changes depending on the number of stages allowed. When reading this order, “1” is player 1 and “2” is player 2. The optimal striking orders are as follows: 9 Stages: 1-1-1-2-2-2-2-1 (Read: Player 1 strikes 3, P2 strikes 4, then P1 picks the last stage)

3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.

4. The winner of the previous match announces his 2 stage bans.

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Stage List

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick Stages

Final Destination
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Green Greens
Distant Planet
Port Town Aero Dive (singles only)
[/collapse]

Melee Ruleset:

[collapse="Melee Ruleset"]General Rules

4 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets are best 2 of 3 matches. Bracket Finals and Grand Finals are Best 3 of 5.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
In the case that time runs out and both characters have an equal amount of lives, the character with less damage wins the match. If both characters have equal lives and damage, Sudden Death will determine the winner.

Set Format

1. Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match, DOUBLE BLIND PICKS OPTIONAL.

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.

The stage striking order changes depending on the number of stages allowed. When reading this order, “1” is player 1 and “2” is player 2. The optimal striking orders are as follows:

5 Stages: 1-2-2-1 (Read: Player 1 strikes 2, P2 strikes 3, then P1 picks the last stage)

3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.

4. The winner of the previous match announces his stage ban.

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Stage List

Starters Stages

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams (singles only, banned in doubles)
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination

Counterpick Stages

Kongo Jungle 64 (starter in doubles)
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium
Peach's Castle
Corneria
Mute City (singles only, banned in doubles)
Pokéfloats
[/collapse]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Miscellaneous ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

- Bonus to the pot for Brawl Singles and possibly Doubles/Melee, exact amount is yet TBA!
- Very cheap accommodations right on-site are available, check the links under Venue/Housing!
- There will be a livestream with commentary for the event!
- If you can bring set-ups (Wii/Brawl/Melee) we will love you forever!
- Pre-register here or at the All is Brawl page!
- GET HYPED!!!

And finally, check out our official website at supersmashbroshalifax.com for more information and updates!

Also, feel free to contact me directly with any questions you have at craysyntrottier@hotmail.com.

KMAG

Smash Rookie
I also want to let people know that there is a great hostel very close to the venue and it is right down town in lovely Halifax. I went here for accommodations once and its great. its a franchise with locations all over North America. http://www.hihostels.ca/ Just search for Halifax Nova scotia and It should give you all the info. If any questions, email them or myself at Kailin_glasgow@hotmail.com with your questions and I will Find them out for you asap.

This goes the same for the Dalhousie Campus Res Accommodation. There is another hostel a bit further away, but I don't know much about it so I wont give my recommendations due to lack of knowledge :p Hope to hear from you soon.
http://www.hihostels.ca/

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Back Off, Get Your Own Downsmash gonna wreck people and win doubles. Calling out the rest of Canada to try and prove us wrong!

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Our local Melee scene may not be the biggest but we've definitely got some solid players. Hopefully we do get a good amount of out-of-town interest for it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't think you should rely on only the local scene because that's not very inspiring.
I'm definitely not saying we're relying only on the local scene but that's all we have for the time being, the place/date/time only went public today after all.

And I definitely hope you can make it Firefly so I can play you offline, I'm sure WiFi did neither of us justice, lol.

sauc3

Smash Lord
id be interested in coming if i can get there for cheap enuff, flights are like 400$, so i'd just have to win every event to pay for it, shouldn't be too hard :p

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
But sauc3 you'll have that ridiculous competition from me.

So yeah you got this.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Stage List

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd
Castle Siege