• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB - Sept. 17 Madison, WI

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
^ The killer is the Detroit/Ann Arbor to Chicago ticket which is like 30 something. Buts not that bad imo. I just want to try something new. The Chicago to Madison bus is mad cheap since its hella in advance. I might have been 1 dollar or it might have been 3. I have to check.

But yes still looking for a partner myself. Stock tanking supremacy here at your service :bee:

greenandyellow

Smash Rookie
Greetings!

Hello everyone. I just typed in SSB 64 tourneys and this popped up and im looking forward to playing in Madtown. How do I sign up? and also, I have a 'crew' that would also like to join. How can I make this happen?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Hello everyone. I just typed in SSB 64 tourneys and this popped up and im looking forward to playing in Madtown. How do I sign up? and also, I have a 'crew' that would also like to join. How can I make this happen?
ALRIGHT!!! come by the day of the tournament which is september 17th at the venue at lakeshore and show up around 3pm. we will be taking signups so you can kick back, and get ready for smash 64 at 6pm. a venue fee of $3 is required and will go towards pizza, or towards the uwm smash club,got any questions, reply back. peace out.

greenandyellow

Smash Rookie
Greetings!

Thank you! THERE IS A MADISON SSB CLUB????????? I'm @ UW-Milwaukee unfortunately this is my last year. I can't wait to train, and is there anything I should bring? Extra game, controller etc.? Thanks.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Chexr and zeus i'll mm you both. I gotta start playing that game again (should be easy since I play team scrub).

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Thank you! THERE IS A MADISON SSB CLUB????????? I'm @ UW-Milwaukee unfortunately this is my last year. I can't wait to train, and is there anything I should bring? Extra game, controller etc.? Thanks.
lol, going into the hyperbolic time chamber I see. if MUST bring your own controllor. Bringing the game, n64 system, and TV will waive you of the venue fee, which is optional, but highly recommended.

Technical Chase: I'll look for a teammate for you this weekend, going to a brawl tournament to play melee.....don't ask.

Chexr: sure: we can mm, we can do somethin like ft10.

GET HYPED, even though this is two months away, lol.

john!

Smash Hero
^ The killer is the Detroit/Ann Arbor to Chicago ticket which is like 30 something. Buts not that bad imo. I just want to try something new. The Chicago to Madison bus is mad cheap since its hella in advance. I might have been 1 dollar or it might have been 3. I have to check.

But yes still looking for a partner myself. Stock tanking supremacy here at your service :bee:
wawawaitwhat? madison to chicago bus for 1 dollar? wtf i've been paying like 50 for round trip. where is this magic one dollar bus?

ZTD | TECHnology

@Sanchaz: Thanks and lol I wont even ask.

And you can show them this:

(Recent Results from March to Last week)

Good **** Stratford
March 17, 2011
3rd out 16 Teams

B.A.M.F #1
May 14th, 2011
2nd out of 9 Teams
(lost to Lain + M2K...lol)

TCSC#4
May 21st, 2011
1st out 3 Teams (lol...)

B.A.M.F #2
June 18th, 2011
2nd out of 12 Teams

Get Schooled!
July 23rd, 2011
3rd out of 7 Teams

(I wouldnt expect anyone from MW:W to follow my results)

^ John!: When you book super far in advance Megabus becomes dirt cheap. I still need to check those prices again though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I might come out for 64 along with ma crew (and maybe enter melee as well, for ****s and giggles). How many are you expecting for 64?

Also, do you mind if I post this in the 64 competitive events forum?

Also, greenandyellow, you should check out the 64 boards.

Oh, and it's your tourney, but you reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally should consider using the Official 64 BR ruleset. The stage list, in particular, is kinda borked- leave it like this and I will time people out with Kirby's Utilt on the Saffron City helipad just to teach you a lesson.

Oh, and I can bring a setup for 64.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I don't play 64, so you know the rules better than me. Changed. I don't know how many players there'll be since I kind of tacked it on as an afterthought. Advertise away!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Thanks!

Also I'm accepting MM's in 64 if anyone feels tired of being a member of the bourgeoisie.

Obby

Smash Rookie
I most likely will show up since I don't live to far at all. Is there anything you would like me to bring? I have ssb64 and melee with the systems if they're needed. Im pretty much new to competitive playing. Thanks. Also, what age groups do you think are going to show up? Thanks

Battlecow

Play to Win
^^

He's joking.

Lot of college students, some guys who are a little older, a few guys who are younger. No one over 30, no one female.

Interest from Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan. This turn-out is looking promising :D
Just wondering who was in charge of stuff. Are you going to be handling everything Sam or is it going to be split up. Like Yosh covering brawl, Matt/Sanchaz for 64 and mvc3.

ORLY

Smash Master
mundungu's going to give me a 5m crash course in mvc3 and i'm going to win with spidey / tron / phoenix

sorry sanchaz

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm running Melee, Yoshq is running Brawl, Mundungu is running MvC 3, Sanchaz is running Street Fighter (I think). I hope we can get 30-40 people!

And the 64 entry fee is low so people actually join it. The players around here are predominantly Melee.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Chris, you pick a complicated team. Tron and spiderman combos take like 20 min to learn unfortunately =/

I can run pretty much anything that needs to be run. I'll be bringing approx 4 setups, 2 for SSF4 / Mahvel, 2 for smash bros. We are gonna need a ton of setups for this.

Scythe

Smash Master
This looks fun, i'll see if i can get get IL brawl people to come

sanchaz

Smash Lord
yo technical dude. it appears no one in chicago knows what they are doing for teamate, lol. but I think you and yoshq would do pretty good. thats right yoshq, I'm putting you on the spot.

orly= free mvc3 round for me, :). and soon smash, argghhh!

battlecow: 64 was honestly, started out as joke, so we were like, fine we will host it. we want it $5 to encourage more entrys, but hey, I'm sure you will still kick but. hope you still can come by, I can guarantee people.

john likes ponies = awkward

BLaZinGFurY

aka @teh_blazerer
edit: thanks for the memories, i regret nothing

Last edited:

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
team ebony and ivory (amanze and i) taking em all! calling yalls out right now better be putting in that work!

glad to hear u coming heath! wanna ryde megabus?

ZTD | TECHnology

yo technical dude. it appears no one in chicago knows what they are doing for teamate, lol. but I think you and yoshq would do pretty good. thats right yoshq, I'm putting you on the spot.

orly= free mvc3 round for me, :). and soon smash, argghhh!

battlecow: 64 was honestly, started out as joke, so we were like, fine we will host it. we want it $5 to encourage more entrys, but hey, I'm sure you will still kick but. hope you still can come by, I can guarantee people.

john likes ponies = awkward
I'd team with YoshQ if he's looking.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
so how much are these marvel mms, 10-15$ ft5 or 10?
I'll do a $5 mm with ya. I know alex alex (keranta) would also love a mm, he would do something like $20, but he's also REALLY good. I recommend doing a ft7 or ft10 for the money match.

I just realized that this A LOT of games being host, mega hype.

Top Bottom