• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink, Don't Care 3 - Glen Elyn IL - Results!

Arty

Smash Lord
Singles ($10 Entry)

26 Entrants / 16-man Bracket

1. Kain :wolf: ($143)
2. Arty :falco: ($78)
3. Sago :metaknight: ($26)
4. Ripple :dk2: ($13)
5. DLA :metaknight:
5. Akashi :marth: :ike:
7. Kirk :ike:
7. Norm :fox:
9. Oro :marth:
9. JJRockets :diddy:
9. Meneil :ike:
9. Moozle :peach:
13. Ook :dk2:
13. Kingz :wario:
13. EagleEye :ness2:
13. StarburstFruit :falco:

[collapse=Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

---Pool Cutoff---

17. Gravity Man
17. Zwarm :peach:
17. Dennis
17. Scythe :lucario:
17. Danny
17. Savi
17. Xyless
17. Cog
25. Bil
25. Digdug

Doubles ($5 Entry)

22 Entrants

1. Kain + Sago :wolf: + :metaknight: ($66)
2. Quik + DLA :warioc: + :metaknight: ($33)
3. Arty + Akashi :falco: / :gw: + :marth: ($11)
4. Kappy + Xyless :kirby2:HUP! + :kirby2:HUP!!
5. Oro + Ook :marth: + :dk2:
5. JJRockets + Kingz :diddy: + :warioc:
7. Raid + Moozle :dedede: + :peach:
7. EagleEye + Dennis :ness2: + :gw:
9. Norm + Kirk :snake: + :ike:
9. Rod + Donny
9. Digdug + StarburstFruit

[collapse=Doubles Bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl Low Tier (FREE)

19 Entrants

1. Sago :samus2: ($20)
2. DLA :ganondorf: ($10)
3. Kirk :bowser2: ($5)
4. Kappy :jigglypuff:
5. Arty (forefeit)
5. Moozle :bowser2:
7. Akashi :falcon:
7. Scythe :mario2:
9. Zwarm :yeahboi:
9. Kain :mario2:
9. Ook :falcon:
9. Meneil :zelda:
13. Ripple :bowser2:
13. Xyless
13. Savi
13. Oro
17. Norm
17. Digdug
17. Cog

[collapse=Low Tier Bracket]
[/collapse]

StarFruit

Smash Cadet
Hyped first tourney! Thanks for organizing Arty!

Shoutss

1. Kain - Didn't get a chance to meet or talk to you but i saw a few games - nice job w/first place
2. Arty - Falco diddos are just rediculous, thanks for the help and awesome falco ("Starburstfruit" lmao)
3. Sago - EAGLE EYE!!!!
4. Ripple - Cool Donkey Kong, fun to watch
5. DLA - Didn't get to play but next time for sure!
5. Akashi - Didn't get to play either
7. Kirk - still didn't play you
7. Norm - nice fox, i didn't wanna win anyways
9. Oro - don't even know who you are
9. JJRockets - owned me in bracket as usual, lucario sux
9. Meneil - nice to meet you, your ike is great
9. Moozle - Badd *** epicly lucky/pro peach
13. Ook - Fun games! almost had you in pools
13. Kingz - grab release trip to waft...genious
13. EagleEye - Cool kid and very legit ness. nice job beating sago
13. StarbasedFruit - nice job at your first tourney i guess
17. Gravity Man - Pleasant day to observe aircroft eh?
17. Zwarm - Good games in pools, cool peach and rob!
17. Dennis - Great friendlies! nice Game and Watch, you'll make bracket next time!
17. Scythe - sorry idk
17. Danny - ...
17. Savi - marf
17. Xyless - you and zwarm confused me with your name switch
17. Cog - who?
25. Bil - who is this i dont even...
25. Digdug - find a main then you will place higher

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Why is there Mario next to me in low tiers? I used :yoshi2:/:bowser2:

I'd also like to say, Xyless and I managed to get confused by our own name switch during low tiers. Proooobably not doing that again.

Starfruit: Your Falco was really good. So campy. :(

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, most Falcos are campy. Arty's probably one of the only aggressive Falcos out there, but he makes it work..

Kirk

Smash Champion
I didn't win any games in bracket with oli or link...fyi, so shouldn't count. Besides, that low tier match with link NEVER HAPPENED.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
1. Kain ($143) -- GGs dude. I love your wolf. It's just so good and precise. (If only I didn't accidentally kill myself for one of those stocks)
2. Arty ($78) -- GGs with that Johns MM. I need to stop doing $MMs. I keep losing them. :(
3. Sago ($26) -- THAT WIN WAS NOT LEGIT!!! IT WAS ALL LUCK!!!! Plus, that $MM showed that you can rock me any other time. That win was complete fluke. xP GGs to both though
4. Ripple ($13) -- The one match I played your DK was great. THOSE GR GAHHHHH!!!!!
5. DLA -- GGs. REALLY good idea picking RC with ganon. I seriously think that was a great idea.
5. Akashi -- GGs, as always. You seem to be the one rocking me 100% of the time with your Marth. ... I haven't won once (expected)
7. Kirk -- Never played you, but nice to see you in tourneys again. xD
7. Norm -- ^Ditto the last, except I've seen you recently.
9. Oro -- GAHHHHH! FREAKING HATE MARTH!!! AAAAAGHH!!!! GGs anyways. xD good stuff
9. JJRockets -- That diddy. xD Easily annihilated me in pools. Now I need to revise how I go up against diddy mains
9. Meneil -- Never played you.... :( Oh well.
9. Moozle ^ditto last. Pretty cool doing all that stuff with peach though.
13. Ook -- WHAT?!?!? NOT WITHIN TOP10?!?!?!? WHAT HAPPENED?!?!? :( Awwww....
13. Kingz -- Never played... :(
13. EagleEye -- WHAT A FAILURE! Barely beating Sago, losing all the $MMs made, ... Gosh. Not even making it far in brackets. :( DO BETTER, DUMBO! GOSH! To your defense, it wasn't really a nice bracket placement.
13. StarburstFruit -- good friendlies and stuff. Nice guy. Keep up all the good work. Probably practice that Falco a bit more and you can do much better.

17. Gravity Man -- Never played... :(
17. Zwarm -- Never played... :(
17. Dennis -- DENNIS! YOU BEAT ME IN POOLS, BUDDY! :O Sucks that you couldn't make it outta pools though.
17. Scythe -- Never played.. :(
17. Danny -- I don't know why but I don't remember you... :(
17. Savi -- I think I played you once or twice? I dunno.
17. Xyless -- HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP !!! SO ANNOYING!!! GGs in pools though. xD
17. Cog -- Don't remember playing you...
25. Bil -- Don't remember playing you either...
25. Digdug -- Don't remember -- ditto

@Kappy: HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP !!!!!! Good games in doubles though, dood. xD

Lost to Kain in Winners,
Followed by a loss to Akashi in Losers.

First-place and top IL power ranker, then the best Marth (IMO) in IL. LUCK!

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Sago has the best Marth in IL. Cmon what you talkin bout Eagle.
did Sago go Marth one round against Eagle in pools? lol

-Akashi

edit: amazing tourney! I'll do shout-outs tomorrow :)

double edit: nvm I read Eagle's entire post lmao

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Akashi we have both won decisive battles in the Marth war, but most likely, it will be a battle of attrition for me. I don't know how long I can stand playing that freaking pale blue Marth!!!

Arty

Smash Lord
Brackets are up!

Shoutouts

1. Kain - GGs dude. Luigi is comin next time :) Go to Genesis!
3. Sago - GGs as well. Sakurai was on my side lol. Soup sucks
4. Ripple - GGs and good to see you make it out! Nice job tearing through losers and getting a heart attack every set!
5. DLA - You can't choke like that dude! You should've stayed MK :c Oh well, good stuff in low tiers!
5. Akashi - GGs man. Icies on FD is impossible, Marth can't safely land. Good stuff taking me out on Yoshis though! Fun teaming though, we should've tried Snake/GW once!
7. Kirk - Good seeing you since like forever man! Another one of those people that lost first round and tore up losers!
7. Norm - One of these tournaments, me you and Kain will get top 3 with space animals!! Appreciate the help cleaning up drinks.
9. Oro - Thanks for the controller! That 3 stock was a fluke :( Appreciate the help cleaning up drinks.
9. JJRockets - GGs man, you're still solid! You always have a huge gang watching your every match! It's intimidating!!
9. Meneil - GGs in pools! You almost pulled off that 2-0 game 2. Such an intense set!
9. Moozle - Most hyped match of the tourney!! GGs in our $MM and good to see you again
13. Ook - Most hyped match of the tourney!! You tore me up in pools man!
13. Kingz - Nice Wario man!
13. EagleEye - Good stuff against Sago and find a secondary for Marth!
13. StarburstFruit - Great Falco. Really surprised me. You have to stop always side-Bing towards the stage. It's a huge habit of yours and you take a lot of damage because of it!
17. Gravity Man - Awesome name, and good stuff on almost making it out of pools!
17. Zwarm - Number 1 choke artist in pools! I fixed your low tier character btw
17. Dennis - 1 game away from pools :( Next time man
17. Scythe - :samus2:
17. Danny - Good stuff dude, you'll make it out next time!
17. Savi - Great Marth! I'll play you in Melee next time!
17. Xyless - Awesome shirt and awesome hups
17. Cog - That DK was lookin sexy!
25. Bil - GGs man, stick to Sonic, it gots some potential!
25. Digdug - Thanks for coming out!
Kappy - Jigglypuff/MK was a fluke!! Hup
Raid - :dedede:

Moozle

Smash Champion
This tournament was awesome I pulled 9 bombs lol.

1. Kain - I didn't play you but it was nice to see you do work as always.
2. Arty - Those Fritos made my lips taste weird. It was cool seeing you again and getting treated in our MM :p
3. Sago -GGs! I'm going Bowser next time I have to play your MK.
4. Ripple - Fun friendlies! Maybe that practice is why I beat Ook in Bracket lol.
5. DLA - I forgot I played you in pools! Dat MK.
5. Akashi - Dat Ike :( I can't believe I tripped with my bomb!
7. Kirk - Epic Bowser Dittos! I'll get you next time :p
7. Norm - Nice fox! It took me by surprise in pools.
9. Oro - White Marth isn't even good.
9. JJRockets - Fun matches in doubles! Your Diddy is good for real.
9. Meneil - Finally I didn't have to play you at this tournament lol. Nice seeing you <3
9. Moozle - <3 <3 <3
13. Ook - Awesome matches in bracket! You punched my stitchface.
17. Zwarm - Wtf! Why didn't you pull as much janky stuff as me? Then you could have partied in brackets :p
17. Dennis - Cool G&W
17. Scythe - So many pokes.
17. Danny - Fun matches in pools.
17. Savi - marf
17. Xyless - Fun matches in low tier. Your wii is cool.
25. Digdug - Fun matches in pools.

Akashi

Smash Lord
1. Kain ($143) - Grats again on 1st :D you seemed to be enjoying yourself a little more. Also I'm glad you finally ate at a tourney :p
2. Arty ($78) - Screw ICs on FD, I'm just happy I got a win off you finally. We'll have to $MM in the future though, I definitely need the practice. Also grats on beating Sago and getting 3rd in doubles with me! We lost to only 1 team ;) remember that
3. Sago ($26) - :( I know 3rd isn't what you wanted, but you did really well today. I think you underestimated Arty a bit, but I'm confident you can take both him and Kain when you're at your peak.
4. Ripple ($13) - You did work today, congrats! I was kind of hoping to fight you in Brackets, in a somewhat masochistic way, because I wanted to see how differently you play the MU vs. how Ook does. You got destroyed by Meneil though, remember that ;).
5. DLA - :( don't choke against Ripple, and stay Meat Knight! I need to figure out how to get past your MK, and relearn the MU, but you beasted me in pools. Grats on 5th :)
5. Akashi - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Marth and some Ike WOOT
7. Kirk - Koopa Klaw LOL :c. That's all I have to say about that :D. Gg's though, and grats on 7th! You should come to more events!
7. Norm - Our match was so hyped. I didn't think I would 2-0 you, but rather you'd take the 2nd game and I would be stuck with how to CP you. Your Fox is getting a lot better though, and once you learn MUs you're going to be beast
9. Oro - Beat me 1st round winners, and then I place higher than you ;). LOL you did wreck me in the ditto though, no johns. I'll be ready next time, tbh it inspired me to focus more on the habits you punished, so thanks for ripping my playstyle apart.
9. JJRockets - Gg's in teams man! I'm digging that throwback hairstyle you got going on :)
9. Meneil - You did really well today, and you DESTROYED Ripple:D. I love you sweetie<3
9. Moozle - Man... I did not know that you hated Ike. I seriously didn't. When you CP'd FD, I wanted to stay Marth, but I was sooooo scared in being camped. I chose Ike because he's my rush down character, and I thought I could overwhelm you. GG's though, man they were HYPED. Also grats on beating Ook :D, which leads me to...
13. Ook ...you :c. I'm sorry you got 0-2'd :\ we have those days (look at me LOL). But man, I have NEVER seen you so excited for fast food as you were for White Castles. From now on, you're always choosing where we eat. White Castles is high tier anyways lol
13. Kingz - Idk who you are, but grats on getting in the bracket!
13. EagleEye - :( Sorry for hard CPing you with my main. You did pretty well though, and Delfino was close!
13. StarburstFruit - See Kingz comment

to everyone in my pool - they were all fun matches! Shout-outs to Gravity Man for making me laugh mad hard in our matches lol

@Zwarm - Don't think I forgot you :D. If you ever want to wifi practice, let me know. Good seeing you!

@Jacob(Xyless) - Our trip back was great, and that stupid Mystery NEVER ***ING HAPPENED. ;D Also Hulk is mean

@Kappy - JIGGS=/=KIRBY ;D;D;D. GG's though in Low-tier, im happy you won b/c I had to leave anyways. SEE YOU NEXT TIME:D

@Quik - I love you, stop giving your brother the d*ck in teams :(. Also, your 2v1s were crazy... so impressive

@Scythe - Upsmash Mario = your only weakness ;D. Gg's in low-tiers!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
17. Zwarm - Number 1 choke artist in pools! I fixed your low tier character btw
It takes skill to choke as hard as I did. :p Also, I'm okay with this.

17. Zwarm - Wtf! Why didn't you pull as much janky stuff as me? Then you could have partied in brackets :p
One of these days, I'll pull 10 bombs and win a whole tournament! I average about 1-2 stitchfaces per match, though. Kirk was raging at me the night before the tournament because I was getting so many. :)

@Zwarm - Don't think I forgot you :D. If you ever want to wifi practice, let me know. Good seeing you!
I might take you up on that. I need more Marth/Ike/Snake practice. Those are my three toughest MU's at the moment beside :metaknight:

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
1. Kain gratz on 1st, your wolf is way too good.
2. Arty nice job beating sago, you'll beat kain one day! and maybe someone the top 3 will be all of the spacies! XD
3. Sago
4. Ripple good seeing you again, wish i would have played you. also sorry about the teams thing.
5. DLA ggs in pools, keep working on your mk.
5. Akashi yeah i really thought i had you game two but then i had a brain fart and kept doing the same thing over and over again... dunno why i do that sometimes. @_@
7. Kirk sorry that teams didn't go very well. wario and marth aren't very fun in teams for snake.
9. Oro nice to see you made it on time. ;)
9. JJRockets nice seeing you again, come to more tournaments!
9. Meneil ggs, looked like you weren't quite sure what to do against fox while we were fighting.
9. Moozle ggs in pools, yeah wasn't sure how our matches would go. i don't have alot of match up experience with fox.
13. Ook nooo ook, you can do better.
13. Kingz jj's bro right? good job making it out of pools
13. EagleEye good **** beating sago in pools lmao that match was hilarious
13. StarburstFruit ggs, not bad for your first tournament.

Singles Bracket Show

---Pool Cutoff---

17. Gravity Man ggs in pools.
17. Zwarm rawr! you can do better than this.
17. Dennis sucks you missed bracket by one game. :/
17. Scythe noooo you didn't make it out of pools because i didn't team with you and give you warm up practice XD
17. Danny gg's in pools
17. Savi dunno
17. Xyless nice playing friendlies with you, twas fun
17. Cog who?
25. Bil who?
25. Digdug ggs in pools.

Sago

Smash Lord
good games everyone. I had a blast as usual. Arthur is the best TO

I died of a trip 7 times at this tournament...

I dont know how much more i can take.

D

Deleted member

Kain on top. That's what I like to see!

Great job, man!

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
1. Kain - Nice seeing you again and gratz on 1st. That conversation with Sago was the funniest part of the tourney. LOOOL. Also, Jigglypuff is maaaad broke.
2. Arty - You had that swag on, and that's why you got 2nd. A little more SWAG and 1st would've been in your grasp! BTW, I got Brandon's #, and I am schooling all of you in tennis one day :colorful:
3. Sago - Your 2v1 MK was really, really sick to watch! I was super-impressed. Also, HUP to SWAG CANNON. LOL.
4. Ripple - Reppin' dat ash hat, yo! Nice job on 4th place!
5. DLA - No more sandbagging and going Ganon. LOL..
5. Akashi - Next time I will ask you if I don't have money, I promise! I didn't wanna beg people for money just to play :( And congrats on top 5! Your Marth's still puttin' serious work!
7. Kirk - You got top 5 next time for sure! Fun times in the car :colorful:
7. Norm - Nice talking to you, Norm! Dat Fox is gonna get better and start wrecking!
9. Oro - Kill your friends.
9. JJRockets - We didn't get to play more friendlies, but it was nice seeing you again!
9. Meneil - Amazing job against Ripple! I watched the entire set and was really impressed.
9. Moozle - MOOZLE. We have to play next time we see each other!
13. Ook - This can't happen! 13th is foreign to you, bro!
13. EagleEye - That reverse 3-stock on Sago was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. LOL. Also, HUP HUP HUP HUP!
17. Zwarm - SWAG. Get out of pools next time!
17. Scythe - Jigglypuff ***** Mario, bro. LOL.
17. Xyless - HUP! I had a ton of fun playing double Kirby, so thanks for paying for me and allowing me to enter and take 4th with you :awesome:

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
1. Kain ($143) - Didn't play but gratz on winning!
2. Arty ($78) - Fun games, thanks for hosting!
3. Sago ($26) - Good matches in pools, almost had you on Rainbow :p. You totally ***** me game three though lol.
4. Ripple ($13) - Our set was soooo close... probably the most fun set I've had in a while. I'll get you next time ;P
5. DLA - We never played :o
5. Akashi - I think we played maybe one friendly? But GGs in teams, was kinda close lol
7. Kirk - GGs in teams, I was scared you were gonna 2v1 comeback that second game. Sick Ike as always
7. Norm - GGs in teams! and those friendlies we played got pretty rediculous. Keep working on that fox
9. Oro - Those friendlies were silly all over. Fun games overall and also ggs in pools!
9. JJRockets - me
9. Meneil - I think we only got like 1 or 2 friendlies in lol. Your Ike is amazing, great job beating Ripple!
9. Moozle - Watching you play Ook was amazing, and our doubles set was good too. Your Peach is really good
13. Ook - ooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkk
13. Kingz - fun teamin wit ya
13. EagleEye - Fun games, we gotta play some more sometime!
13. StarburstFruit - GJ making bracket!
17. Gravity Man - Gravity man too good
17. Zwarm - never played! :o
17. Dennis - Fun matches
17. Savi - Fun games, come to more tourneys!
17. Xyless - GGs in pools, you and zwarm had me confused with the name swap thing lol
25. Digdug - You can maybe win a game next time

Everyone else: GGs if I played you and don't remember your name or whatever!

Xyless

Smash Master
1. Kain - No one can tribute Corms like me!
2. Arty - If only I could've gotten a job at LA Tan, you could've given me that Lexus you owe me.
3. Sago - Better watch out for my PT next time, just you wait!
4. Ripple - Hope you come up to more of these. Maybe next time we can minus!
5. DLA - Man, I never realized until this weekend how mild you truly were.
5. Akashi -

7. Kirk - LONG TIME NO SEE, WE SHOULD DO THAT AGAIN SOME TIME (though not this week cuz family)
7. Norm - Your Fox is so good!
9. Oro - Pale blue all the way.
9. JJRockets - Your Diddy is as good as people say. Next time I won't be using ROB, so I'll actually stand a chance.
9. Meneil - SO SYRUPY
9. Moozle - Was that our first tourney in the same place in the last two years when we first fought? It feels like it to me, either way, your Peach is GODLIKE!
13. Ook - Man if only you were playing Alpocalypse, I didn't even realize it was out until on the way home on the train. Akashi told me you HAD IT
13. Kingz - I didn't see you PLAY
13. EagleEye - MAN DID YOU GUYS HEAR THE TIME EAGLEEYE REVERSE 3-STOCKED SAGO!?
13. StarburstFruit - I didn't see you play, but I hear you've got a pretty pew pew falco!
---Pool Cutoff---
17. Zwarm - KILL YOUR FRIENDS?
17. Dennis - I underestimated your G&W, you know how to handle the PT matchup perfectly.
17. Scythe - wtf are you doing down here
17. Xyless - HUP!

HUP. Kappy -

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
1. Kain ($143) good stuff as always kain, you destroyed me in pools. never seen a playstyle quite like yours before.
2. Arty ($78) Looks like you've gotten better since last I played you. good thing I play marth as of now
3. Sago ($26) I can't thank you enough for recording everything for me, you were such a great help. thank you
4. Ripple ($13) DO BETTER!
5. DLA did you really think you had a better shot at beating me as ganon? granted your ganon is good but you should have taken me to RC and won.
5. Akashi wish I would have played you
7. Kirk still got a great ike, you should have watched me vs. meniel, if you had, you would have won.
7. Norm sorry for not responding about teams. I didn't see you play at all also :(
9. Oro we should stick with melee
9. JJRockets damn good diddy, I really would like to team with you for the next one
9. Meneil honestly surprised you beat me so badly. guess I wasn't ready for such a great ike
9. Moozle I can teach you so many things from me playing nicole all the time. I can help you if you'd like.
13. Ook what happened?!
13. Kingz I love the wario match up. you would have gone far if I didn't come
13. EagleEye don't play ness against me. for your own good
13. StarburstFruit fun friendlies
17. Gravity Man didn't play
17. Zwarm didn't play
17. Dennis ?
17. Scythe (sasafrass) :troll:
17. Danny ?
17. Savi ?
17. Xyless MINUS
17. Cog ?
25. Bil stick with sonic
25. Digdug kirby? fun friendlies

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Ggs everyone I played! It was nice to see new or rare faces, I had fun with Savi, StarbasedFruit, and Ripple. I had a good time at this tournament, and looking forward to the next one here. Thanks for hosting =)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
5. DLA did you really think you had a better shot at beating me as ganon? granted your ganon is good but you should have taken me to RC and won.
I hated the way I was playing against you with MK (just randomly approaching with tornado), and that I still blew basically a 3 stock lead against you... that second game really shook me up lol. I lost all confidence in my MK at that point :(

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I hated the way I was playing against you with MK (just randomly approaching with tornado), and that I still blew basically a 3 stock lead against you... that second game really shook me up lol. I lost all confidence in my MK at that point :(
I was out playing you the first game also btw, you just 0-death'd me because its effing MK.

No problem ripple.

When and where can i find videos. i would love to see teams finals/ low tiers/ and my set vs arty.
the videos are being uploaded to my profile as we speak. they'll be at youtube.com/roanoke884

I'll make the video thread when I finish uploading them

Top Bottom