• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trent's NLG Monthlies Act 2 - June 26th, 2011 - Lincoln, NE

Trent

Smash Champion
Original Tournament Thread

Brawl Singles $10 Entry Fee
9 Entrants

1: DeLux ($54.00) :popo:
2: Geoffrey (Fino) ($27.00) :olimar: :metaknight:
3: MegaRobMan ($9.00) :wolf: :metaknight: :luigi2:
4: Trent :sonic:
5: Thug :metaknight: :pikachu2:
5: Silver :pit: :sheik:
7: Light :mario2:
7: Hills :pit:
9: Quote :kirby2:

[COLLAPSE="Singles Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Low Tier Singles $5 Entry Fee
8 Entrants

1: Geoffrey (Fino) ($24.00) :falcon:
2: DeLux ($12.00) :lucas:
3: Thug ($4.00) :falcon:
4: MegaRobMan :link2:
5: Quote :jigglypuff: :bowser2:
5: MK Mike :samus2:
7: Hills :random:
7: Trent :ganondorf:

[COLLAPSE="Low Tier Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Sorry the attendance was worse than last month everyone, we did a horrible job of advertising. We're thinking about changing the venue to Omaha since there's apparently more interest up there. Thanks for coming regardless, see you again in a month!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I actually signed up for this tournament as Dnyce. At the very least, list me as DeLux please :)

Fino signed up as Raphael De La Ghetto

MegaRobMan needs a :metaknight: next to his name because he won a set with him

Quote used :bowser: in low tiers along with Jigglypuff

I'll do shout outs once someone else does shout outs first

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Shouts-
DeLux-I felt like I lost to more than just grabs this time, even though that's the only way you killed me...other than on RC, edge games against IC's is something I'll have to remember to do differently next time, one of the few times I should have scared through the stage when I didn't. You would up-air/back-air at different times with popo and nana, which is stupid and broken, not as bad as the infinite grabbing, but ya knowwww. Wish we could have talked/played more but you guys were there for like 6 hours so whateves. Good **** winning, Fino has you ready for big time at BS. Congrats on the moderator job, too.

btw I want a rematch of Link-Lucas, Johns son.

Fino
-We played a lot of matches considering the time we spent together, and I came to discover you and Thugz have one thing in common, you can't handle the :luigi2:, especially dittos. GG's, I'm stealing a few of your MK tricks for later when I decide to play MK at a random tournament this weekend, maybe? Also, why would you order popcorn chicken at a mexican food restaurant?

MegaRobMan-
MegaRobMan needs a :metaknight: next to his name because he won a set with him
imo, it should look like this :wolf: :luigi: :link: :metaknight: :wolf: I deserve a :link: next to my name because I won as many actual tournament matchesmatches with Link as I did Luigi and 1 more than MK. I'm pretty sure I lost every wolf match I played in tournament, other than against Trent. Next time I should play as Link the week of a tournament when there's gonna be LT's at random. Also, Nims shouldn't be near me with shots before tournament. I like how I played everyone that finished 1-5 only.

Trent-Thanks for organizing this, kinda surprised by the small turnout. Hot as hell and had some kind of weird smells eminating from every nook and cranny in the building, but the aroma was mild and pleasantly euphoric. That 2nd LT match was pretty dumb, I'm convinced I was holding my controller upside down at some points of the match. IRT, that was the closest set we've had in a while, keep it up.

Thugzillazord-You always try and counterpick me, so now you know how it feels to be counterpicked. You've obviously improved, and that set against Trent was even after the first 2 and a half minutes of the first match, you could have won had things gone a little better for you. I told you all the advice I could think of at the tournament, so we can let that be. You are welcome to come chill in Omaha, you've obviously listened to our gripes and are showing maturity
/not openmouthingwangs at random like you used to
. Just try to not get trolled so hard, you always do.

Silver-It was nice to see ya, it's been a while, how's life? Our convos, like most everyone elses, were a blur with how fast this seemed to go. GG's, I wanted a piece of that sheik, you'll have to bring it next time. Glad you got your hour of sleep before you had to go to work. I feel your groggy pangs.

Light-We didn't play, but I did watch your matches against Silver and Thugz. I hadn't seen you play since Auras (or Jokers maybe) like 2-6 months ago (time flys) and your decision making has improved a lot. You've started having excellent F-smash spacing and you aren't throwing moves that put you into danger as often. I woulda played you, but you were sleeping on the couch and I didn't want to wake you. But know that your matches against Thugz were closer than he'll give you credit for.

Hills-I like you because you don't like Mario Party, that gives you ultimate props in my book, Mario Party is garbage and a deterrent to the development of actual quality games. You seemed to have a problem getting the kill with Pit, like a lot of mains. Fishing areas is better than running into shield grabs or Link's D-airs. Take what you can get, if it kills them, excellent, but you can just gimp them off the side of necessary, you've got the arrows to do it (so long as they aren't MK/ROB).

Quote-I think I told you "What" a lot, lol. I have really good hearing and I had a hard time hearing you, speak up my young man. Bair spacing with Kirby is half of his game imo. I'm not too versed in Kirby, but when I get him on random, I find his D-air to be really useful in a lot of situations, not just "drillshinning" if ya know what I mean. Thanks for coming up and visiting us, wish you guys could have stayed longer. At least you enjoyed your food at Amigos, right?
MK Mike-Was completely crunk as a punk smoking skunk and drinking spunk.
Luke-I doubt you'll read this unless Trent shows you this, but thanks for hosting the tournament, nice to meet you, I'll let the nerds of Omaha/Lincoln know about your business.

Uli-Dan still has the fleshwound on his forehead, it's lolzy. Good seeing you today, sucks you didn't do well in MVC3 <3

Tyser-If you would have entered this thing, I bet it would have been more interesting than Luxy winning his first tournament, maybe you could have swept the month of June's crappy Omaha Brawl tournaments.

Girls-Always appreciated at tournaments, should have entered the tournament, especially when they say they know how to play.

DeLux

Collin - I think we covered everything in the car. The win was just as much yours as it was mine given the amount of work we've put in together. By next tournament, order will be restored and you'll be beating me as usual, I'm sure. Either way we are getting better :) PROJECT WAN is underway.

MegaRobMan - Hopefully I get a job this week so we can be doing some celebrating at Brainshock because I feel pinner repeatedly turning your offers down. I dont' understand the wolf matchup at all. Remember that habit I told you about when we all got food after and you'd be surprised how much it would help your game because it was really the ONLY thing Collin and I abused the whole night.

Trent - Thanks for hosting. And the friendlies were hilarious. But seriously, why the **** are you named Trent on SWF when it's not any part of your name. People were like "Austin" and I was like, who the hell... Your Ganon is broken lol

Thugs is the best Ice Climbers in Nebraska. That is all.

Silver - We didn't play each other :(

Light - I'm sorry about the chain grabs. If I were talented enough to win without abusing a really dumb infinite, I would do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I'm not good enough to do that :(

Hills - We didn't play each other :(

Quote - Figure out your game plan. Exert it on to your opponent. Execute. Win.

Mike - Playing with you at the beginning was fun as hell for a warmup for the tourney.

Omaha randoms that no showed - Sad. Super Sad.

Girls at tournament that didn't enter - Even more sad

No Toilet Paper at the Venue and the temperature in the room - All the sad

See you all next month?

DeLux

Oh I got some from him. I'm just kidding about that although it's kind of messed up a building wouldn't provide toiletries of that nature imo

Trent

Smash Champion
It's because people live up there, it's an apartment complex studio type thing. If TP was left up there, people who lived there would use it all up immiedately.

DeLux

I am disappointed in the quality of shoutouts from everyone not named Rob

this is why Rob is my favorite and everyone else in NE is a distant second

THuGz

Smash Lord
I just got my computer today, **** off. I will do shoutouts tomorrow.

Lux - Yaaaay you won, now you can stop johning about losing and travel everywhere with me :3 but good ****. Too bad your IC's skills pale in comparison to mine...
Fino - Yaaaay good job, not only do you beat Lux all the time but you trained him until he could beat you. Props. And I think beating Shugo makes up for losing to Lux, if that makes you feel better.
Rob - Now that you've opened the counterpicking game up, we'll just see who has more chars that beat the other person's chars... I'm willing to bet that it's me.
Trent - It is unfortunate that in order to beat you in a set, I have to win 2 matches in a row, since I will always rage quit first game. Get out.
Thug - You are the man, don't forget that.
Silver - Hey man, you showed up 2 months in a row, you're back on track =D pumped to see what you'll do with some practice.
Light - You've definitely gotten better... Lol maybe you should try a better char, but you sure do decently with mario. Good set, I had to try against your diddy and I was surprised. Too bad you had to play an unwinnable MU :hehe:
Hills - You've been coming to Trent's, so props to you, maybe you'll start playing more? People playing in Lincoln = aww yeah
Quote - You have good teachers so stick in there, you'll be better than me in 2 months if the past says anything about kansas...

Tyser - Got 3rd place, above every nebraskan.
MK Mike - Forgot you don't go on boards, nevermind.

Everyone - Good ****, I'm just salty.

PS: Played more rounds with d3 than with pika.

Top Bottom