• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT 8: Friendship is Magic

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Another great tournament complete! Hanging out at IHOP afterwards is always an enjoyable time. We got done pretty early so we played melee & smash 64. (There were only 6 entrants for singles, lol) Although there were some rage quit moments and salt, very few things in the world can make the 806 break apart, in the end friends are there to help get you through trouble. Da results:

Doubles (Round Robin)

1: Grapist (Bad Karma & Dakpo) :zerosuitsamus: :dedede: :metaknight: :popo: :gw:
2: Angel Explosion (??? & Phil) :snake: :pit:
3: Eggs n Aura (FTP & Rio) :lucario: :yoshi2:
4: Tomato Sandwich (Willie & Jason) :sheik: :mario2:
5: Andrew & Joseph (Andrew & Joseph) :sheik: :falco:

Singles ($5)

1: Dakpo :peach: :luigi2: :yoshi2: :metaknight:
2: Bad Karma :dedede: :popo:
3: ??? :pit: :kirby2:
4: Phil :snake:
5: FTP :yoshi2:
7: Rio :lucario:

Mid Tier Singles (Round Robin)

1: Dakpo :dk2: :peach: :luigi2: :sonic:
2: ??? :pit: :kirby2:
3: Bad Karma :dk2:
4: Phil :peach:
5: Uhm :sheik:
6: Rio :pt:
7: FTP :sheik: :dk2:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Singles ($5)

1: Dakpo ($18)
2: Bad Karma ($9)
3: Nolan ($3)

I guess? I wasn't there, so...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i highly doubt i can count this for the tx pr. not even 8 people entered the event.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
i highly doubt i can count this for the tx pr. not even 8 people entered the event.
I was never aware that there was an attendance limit we had to obtain.
Also, if this tourney wasn't counted then wouldn't you be going against the point of the PR system?
The purpose of this list is to promote competition in Texas and enourage participation in out of city tournaments. We hope to keep this updated from now on.

Xyro77

Im talking to Zac about it.

Its common sense that there needs to be a BASIC limit(8 seems fair) people in order for it to be considered a "tournament." Whats stopping JOE BOB(random or fake player) from having a 5 man "tournament" every week and eventually passing up people who play hard/use their mains in REAL tournaments? How is that fair?

also, the tio file doesnt match the results. names on the results dont match the tio. wtf is going on.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I say count this one, and from now on require (8) people for the PR.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
also, the tio file doesnt match the results. names on the results dont match the tio. wtf is going on.
I went ahead and changed Nolan and BooM to ??? and Phil, respectively since those names are on the PR. I only changed it on the tio file though, not the results on this thread.

Edit: Changed the names on the results now they should match the on the tio file.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I" Whats stopping JOE BOB(random or fake player) from having a 5 man "tournament" every week and eventually passing up people who play hard/use their mains in REAL tournaments? How is that fair?.
Your not dumb Xyro...we both know that and I know you would notice something like that

Xyro77

It's not a matter of being dumb or
Not. It's a matter of since there are no basic limits I WOULD have to accept Joe bobs events.

Xyro77

Dakpo mains luigi

Also is there a price that has to be paid in order for it to count for the PR? Money wise?
he mains ZS......

As for money, an event needs to have at least a 5$ fee for singles.

Top Bottom