• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfection - Imperfection

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=4422]Perfection - Imperfection[/drupal]

Perfection, an element created by humans. Imperfection, an element hidden by humans.

These two words are a beautiful couple that intertwine through a crazy notion I have given birth to. When you look from the very start - you will notice something interesting about young humans. They hold something truly incredible that we couldn't hold onto as we got older. This incredible element is a lovely paradox at it's best. I have decided to name it ''Neutral Corruption''. A corruption that serves as a meaning, rather than a process leading to something more significant. It is alligned by both perfection and imperfection. A human has to be corrupt - by leading themselves astray as a trial. To test one self - to further understand one self.

Ever since we were young we always challenged ourselves. We always wanted to jump into danger without any concern of the aftermath. We were brave. We standed for who we were. Then - the harmful corruption affiliated with our beautiful element we once had, and destroyed it. This gave birth to fear. Misunderstanding. It took away our chariot; our control. We became upset. Our balance was taken away from us. When we grew older. We did the exact same thing to our kids without remembering we were exactly the same way.

Lets backtrack to this corruption that only destroys, shall we? This corruption is irrelevant to neutral corruption.This corruption was created by mutilating neutral corruption into something we could control no matter the circumstance, even though our shadow soon learned how to take control of it later on. This is why we get angry or sad for no apparent reason - when nothing is going on to make us experience those emotions in the first place. It just happens out of the blue. It's our shadow. It's our imbalance that is eating away at us subconsciously. If only people understood how significant psychology really was; there would be less people clawing their eyes out wondering why they are so messed up. Less corruption. More understanding. More action. More logical peace.

How can corruption be neutral though? I have thought really hard on this. This is why I gave it this name. I believe that corruption is a form of dissonance in something that is pieced together already. Just like when kids are curious; they take things apart and put it back together. This is what little kids did. They would get themselves into trouble, to see if they can find their way out. To prove themselves. Then there is neutrality. They don't fear a damn thing. They don't believe in good nor bad. They believe in proving themselves. standing up and being strong. They figure out that - to answer something you must understand it, which is why kids are always curious. Understanding and will - are the two most powerful neutral archetypes of life a human could ever possibly fathom. Neutral and corruption combined - is balanced weakness.

Kids relied on themselves. We don't rely on ourselves. We rely on everything but ourselves. We could learn alot of insight just by comparing kids to adults. Wait, I forgot. Adults really believe they are the supreme rulers just because they are older than kids. When I know kids who will turn many adults into a big baby in a crib in a heartbeat - just by comparing one and the other. If kids have the voice and ability to defend themselves, they have the right to speak up for themselves. We take this neutral will of theirs away with ''I am the parent. You are the child!'' bull****. I don't care if you gave birth to them. I don't care if you raised them and nurtured them. You should not control their personality, and their will to fight back. You realize how much you cripple them by doing this? Do you realize what two paths they take when you belittle their defenses? The first path they take, is a kid who wants to prove himself for all of the wrong reasons. They will seek power and respect by joining gangs, or hanging out with the wrong group. The second choice they make will be a kid who will never stand up for himself. They will cry like a baby and never will be able to define themselves as a person.

We all have a voice. Many of us never get the chance to use it. I am talking about before they start to rebel. Before they start to define their own opinions through anger and jaded reasoning. I am talking about when they were innocent kids who had no gender. You couldn't tell if they were a boy or girl. Their personality was a wonder to behold. Something we will never be able to describe.

These people who live by perfection are the purpose of this post though. I have been studying this for months, and recently I ran into something interesting about it. Humans who think they are perfect create imperfection. By being ''perfect'', they see their creation as flawless. By doing this, we never can improve our creations. Imperfection IS perfection! I know I made the quote ''The only perfection that exists is the ability to see that imperfection is the root of all perfection'' I never actually gave it serious thought - until now.

The mad scientist who gave life to frankenstein saw him as a newly found perfection. Everyone else saw him as a monster. (Disregarding the woman.) Just like ourselves - and our shadow. We never admit to something that is painfully blatant. We point fingers at everyone else when we do something wrong. Strangely enough - there are people out there who know of their wrongful actions, and admit to it. Yet they still say they are perfect. So by living as perfect we create imperfection. Imperfection is then judged perfect.

See the formula? I do.

Perfection is imperfection /=/ Imperfection is perfection

Humans are destroying everything through this formula. How can we break this formula? I don't know. You tell me. We are the ones who created this assinine formula to protect ourselves from our inferiority.

''To say that we are perfect is what gives us the attributes to apply a sense of perfection into our actions and ourselves. Errors are what define our perfection.''

We will never advance until we stop playing childish games. See the irony?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
so we cant technically be perfect? at least not all of us? since imperfection is needed to see perfection?

but what we see as perfect is an opposite to who we truly r?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Yes. Imperfection has become a part of us. Even though we hid it to be perfect. Our creations truly justify whether we are perfect or not.

Corruption of our perfection that we created by imperfection is how you find real perfection.

Thankyou for reading my OP.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
np, im surprised more ppl dont actually read blogs. i find them quite interesting. but i have another question:

among our imperfections, is there any truly way to be perfect without eliminating imperfections altogether tho they show us our perfection?

this blog reminds me of a movie called "Equilibrium." it takes place in a futuristic society where emotions r outlawed.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
That is when neutral corruption comes in. Something that we abandoned to create our own perfection. Something we abandoned that was the only thing we had to destroy what we created. The ability to live life in a neutral state while still corrupting yourself. Not for attention. Not because you give up on life. It's because you wanted to understand yourself more, aswell as the world around you. By challenging yourself.

Everyone in this world does something to prove themselves. Children did something we didn't. They did it for no logical reason. They did it out of understanding and will. As you grow older, that neutral corruption turns into it's evil twin. Corruption.

You do things for a purpose, a reason. People won't climb Mt. Everest just because they wanted to. They need people to watch them, inorder to reach their goal. A person won't make a daring jump if nobody was watching them.

I have figured out why too. It's because we can't rely on ourselves. We grew up relying on everything but ourselves. You can say that you know yourself as much as you wish. Your actions, and how you react to challenges; truly reveal how much you really believe in yourself.

Inorder to be perfect. We need to face the truth. How can we repair a bridge that is falling apart if we persist to see it as this golden bridge? Until we stop being a child for all of the wrong reasons, we will never advance. We need to face ourselves. We need to see our imperfections. To acquire our perfection.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
When I was little, I wondered why I shouldn't touch the oven when its being used. Now, after that little experiment, I understand fear of excessive heat.
Humans aren't and never will be perfect, at least not all of us. There will always be the next dumb little kid who learns the lesson of touching the oven, therefore fearing it.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Imagine if you were to never ask yourself what would happen if you would've touched that mysterious object for the majority of your life. Then one day, your house is on fire. Unaware of what heat is, you may not have enough time to understand what is happening to you until you burn to a crisp.

This is how important curiosity is. I know the sun will justify it from the beginning. Thats not the point though. Just ignore everything but what I have said involving the stove, and the future fire you would be unprepared for. I already know it's impossible to go through life without getting burned by the sun, or a hot drink, etc.

How is a child curious of something; dumb for learning the hard way?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I knew someone who was raised with these principles in mind. A major portion of my past couple blogs have him included in it. My ex's old BF was brought up that way...and all I'm going to say is:

Look it up.

Top Bottom